Nintendo Creator's Program ending end of Dec 2018.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

We are ending the Nintendo Creators Program (NCP) to make it easier for content creators to make and monetize videos that contain Nintendo game content. We will no longer ask creators to submit their videos to the NCP, and creators can continue showing their passion for Nintendo by following Nintendo’s guidelines, located at https://www.nintendo.co.jp/networkservice_guideline/index.html.

The NCP will come to a close at the end of December 2018. Please note that we are no longer accepting videos and channels, and will not review any that have been submitted, but not yet registered. The NCP website will be taken down on March 20, 2019.

We appreciate and encourage the continued support of content creators, and thank them for their dedication to helping us create smiles.

Nintendo Co., Ltd.

Source

Yay! for the youtubers. This program must have been bad for them? :P

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

finally.

here is a better link https://www.nintendo.co.jp/networkservice_guideline/en/index.html?n

angry joe can rest easy.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34553 Posts

Why do such a thing in the first place then?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Litchie said:

but i guess it was having the opposite effect?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34553 Posts

@KBFloYd: If I could figure out with my ass that they would benefit more by not having the NCP, Nintendo, who actually work with the fucking business, should too. Sometimes I wonder who in the living hell makes decisions over at Nintendo. Are everyone high up at Nintendo over 70 years old?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56019 Posts

If I have to take a wild guess on this, Nintendo is probably hoping to get Youtubers doing videos of Switch online games to promote them. Would be kinda funny if it backfired on Nintendo, though lol. But still, this is a nice step in the right direction.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

Well I’ll be, would you look at that. I think Nintendo may actually be learning something. Welcome to the 21st century Nintendo, it’s good to have you here.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

finally.

here is a better link https://www.nintendo.co.jp/networkservice_guideline/en/index.html?n

angry joe can rest easy.

And go back to never covering Nintendo like he's always done.

Hooray?

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bread_or_Decide

@Archangel3371 said:

Well I’ll be, would you look at that. I think Nintendo may actually be learning something. Welcome to the 21st century Nintendo, it’s good to have you here.

If anything they proved that they don't need youtube. So many channels thrived on switch coverage. They need nintendo more than vice versa.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#10 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@davillain- said:

If I have to take a wild guess on this, Nintendo is probably hoping to get Youtubers doing videos of Switch online games to promote them. Would be kinda funny if it backfired on Nintendo, though lol. But still, this is a nice step in the right direction.

Glad to see Nintendo taking steps to be more friendly about people doing videos with their games.

I mean, what company wouldn't want what is essentially free advertising.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@svaubel said:
@davillain- said:

Glad to see Nintendo taking steps to be more friendly about people doing videos with their games.

This free advertising myth needs to die. Other people making money off your product for free is not the gift it sounds like. It may be good for indie devs but huge corporations don't need it.

Like asking bands to play free promotional shows, or photographers doing work just for the "exposure." All bull crap.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371  Online

@Bread_or_Decide: Nah. Their YouTube policies were archaic and draconian. It’s about time they utilize it properly and allow content creators to freely advertise their games for them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@KBFloYd said:

finally.

angry joe can rest easy.

Hooray?

You fucking hate that guy don't you.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bread_or_Decide

@Archangel3371 said:

@Bread_or_Decide: Nah. Their YouTube policies were archaic and draconian. It’s about time they utilize it properly and allow content creators to freely advertise their games for them.

Draconian.

I love when the internet learns a new word and then uses it to death.

Nope, the switch was a huge hit and they didn't need youtube to do it.

So there ya go. That's proof right there.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bread_or_Decide

@boycie said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@KBFloYd said:

finally.

angry joe can rest easy.

Hooray?

You fucking hate that guy don't you.

I'm sick of the hate culture he helps to cultivate. He and most youtubers thrive on drama and negativity. The name alone tells the story. Tabloid journalism in a new form.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Archangel3371  Online

@boycie: He’s got a massive hate boner for every YouTuber. I don’t know if it’s born from them making a living on something they enjoy or that they are more charismatic and entertaining then him or perhaps it’s both.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@Archangel3371 said:

@boycie: He’s got a massive hate boner for every YouTuber. I don’t know if it’s born from them making a living on something they enjoy or that they are more charismatic and entertaining then him or perhaps it’s both.

It's because they make a living being slimeball scumbags and thriving on people's worst instincts and negative energy.

Their entire existence is based on the hard work and creativity of actual artists and risk takers. All they do is take a dump on it for views.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Archangel3371  Online

@Bread_or_Decide: Perhaps the Switch could have done even better with YouTube content creators further advertising it and its games. Anyway it’s great to see Nintendo drop their draconian ways in this regard at least.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Archangel3371  Online

@Bread_or_Decide: Yeah because there isn’t any entertaining and positive YouTubers out there putting out quality content.

/sarcasm

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bread_or_Decide

@Archangel3371 said:

@Bread_or_Decide: Perhaps the Switch could have done even better with YouTube content creators further advertising it and its games. Anyway it’s great to see Nintendo drop their draconian ways in this regard at least.

The switch could not have performed better. I mean you could play this game all day but it was a hit regardless of OMG THE FREE YOUTUBE ADVERTISING!

Draconian, seriously stop already. This isn't a George RR Martin book. I know people only get their vocabulary from youtubers but other words exist to describe such things.

Nintendo probably has something else in mind for people to complain about. I wouldn't get too happy just yet.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@Archangel3371 said:

@Bread_or_Decide: Yeah because there isn’t any entertaining and positive YouTubers out there putting out quality content.

/sarcasm

The analytical and retrospective ones are good.

I stay away from the tabloid news reporter ones (Sterling, yong yeah, skill up etc.) Basically anyone who takes someone else's hard work reporting the news and regurgitates it to viewers/

I also stay away from so called movie and game "reviewers" on youtube. I don't care what knee-jerk uneducated reaction they have to something.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Archangel3371  Online

@Bread_or_Decide: Nope their policy was totally draconian. The word fits regardless if you like it or not. Sorry for being someone who knows a variety of words.

Anyway this is very good news in my opinion but you do you and keep hating away or being jealous, whatever it may be.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@Archangel3371 said:

@Bread_or_Decide: Nope their policy was totally draconian. The word fits regardless if you like it or not. I didn’t even have to pull out my dictionary for that either. Sorry for being someone who knows a variety of words.

Anyway this is very good news in my opinion but you do you and keep hating away or being jealous, whatever it may be.

So you can sound like you're from the year 2018.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Archangel3371  Online

@Bread_or_Decide: lolwut? Sorry champ but I’ve known and used the word draconian LONG before now and yeah heavy handed is definitely how Nintendo has handled a number of things in the industry since they’ve been around. Draconian is a very suitable word. Get over it.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@Archangel3371 said:

@Bread_or_Decide: lolwut? Sorry champ but I’ve known and used the word draconian LONG before now and yeah heavy handed is definitely how Nintendo has handled a number of things in the industry since they’ve been around. Draconian is a very suitable word. Get over it.

Yeah, until every nintendo hater learned it and repeated it endlessly. I would not use it. Puts you in their camp and honestly just sounds tired and lazy at this point.

Like mary use being used to talk about Rey in star wars.

People using a word they barely understand as a blanket criticism. It's tired and not true.

Their practices were not draconian. Protecting your IP is standard business practice. I'm sorry the internet feels so entitled these days to everyone else's ideas and intellectual property.

And randomly throwing in one big word, usually makes people seem the opposite of how they're trying to sound. just fyi.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Archangel3371  Online

@Bread_or_Decide: Hate to break it to you but the word draconian has been used to describe some of Nintendo’s policies since the NES days. Draconian is used to describe something that is viewed as heavy handed and it absolutely fits for some policies that Nintendo has maintained in the past and now. Of course it is expected for someone to protect their IP’s but if it’s done in a heavy handed matter then the word draconian is perfectly apt.

Leveling criticism does not make someone a “hater” no matter how much it may ruffle your feathers.

I’m not just randomly throwing a word out there champ so your “FYI” is pretty hilarious.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
@KBFloYd said:
@Litchie said:

but i guess it was having the opposite effect?

I would say it had more to do with censorship. Limiting streamers freedom of expression by having to comply with Nintendo's far too rigid guidelines, imposing an unreasonable prohibition on personal presentation in the interest of conformity to their ideals.

I get that no company likes unfavorable commentary on their product, real or perceived, but honest criticism is a cornerstone of all journalism and free speech. "Protecting our public image" doesn't grant special privilege, nor can be used as a defense to silence opinion fairly given by the consumer and community. It is just shameful how easily some people here (you know who you are) would use "their product, their right" as a crutch without any consideration to the consequence of such censorship.

Yet Nintendo more than any other brand feels entitled to controlling the narrative.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@Archangel3371 said:

@Bread_or_Decide: Hate to break it to you but the word draconian has been used to describe some of Nintendo’s policies since the NES days. Draconian is used to describe something that is viewed as heavy handed and it absolutely fits for some policies that Nintendo has maintained in the past and now. Of course it is expected for someone to protect their IP’s but if it’s done in a heavy handed matter then the word draconian is perfectly apt.

Leveling criticism does not make someone a “hater” no matter how much it may ruffle your feathers.

I’m not just randomly throwing a word out there champ so your “FYI” is pretty hilarious.

Well when every half-wit starts throwing it around, the word takes on a different meaning, saying more about its user than what they're using it for.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Archangel3371  Online

@Bread_or_Decide: Draconian = heavy handed. If the word is used in the proper context for a policy that Nintendo employs then how exactly has it taken on a different meaning?

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@Archangel3371 said:

@Bread_or_Decide: Draconian = heavy handed. If the word is used in the proper context for a policy that Nintendo employs then how exactly has it taken on a different meaning?

In every day language throwing in a random big word is normally frowned upon. Similar to calling something pretentious. And Draconian took off after some youtuber used it and then every random ignorant hater used it barely knowing why or how its used. It's also an old word, which also make it strange to see being thrown around.

It's not unlike purple prose, when plain language works best, just use it.

Like this family guy joke about the new yorker.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Archangel3371  Online

@Bread_or_Decide: I still fail to see how it’s a randomly thrown out word when it’s a perfectly apt word to use. I’ve used and seen it used numerous times over my lifetime. Sure when people string a bunch of complex words together then it certainly feels needless but I seriously don’t consider using the word draconian to describe Nintendo’s heavy handed policies as needlessly complex. To me it just succinctly describes it. To me it just seems that you’re trying discredit any criticism of Nintendo even if it means arguing the use of a word that perfectly describes their policies.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56019 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@svaubel said:
@davillain- said:

This free advertising myth needs to die. Other people making money off your product for free is not the gift it sounds like. It may be good for indie devs but huge corporations don't need it.

Like asking bands to play free promotional shows, or photographers doing work just for the "exposure." All bull crap.

Not a myth, Nintendo wants other doing their advertising work for them. Just like with Nvidia & AMD, they give Graphics Card to tech youtubers for reviewing purpose and advertising their product so they can spread the word across the globe. Even Steve Jobs understands that with great advertising can lead a company to new heights. I'm just glad Nintendo is at least approaching this idea and ditching Nintendo Creator's Program.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Good thing they ended this. I agree with those saying it was extreme -- or draconian. Nintendo taking the right steps. Hopefully some of the good stuff the other companies, especially Microsoft with things like a good digital return policy, have been doing will lead the way.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17655 Posts

Hey, good job on catching up with ten years ago, Nintendo. Now I’m just awaiting the news when they take two steps backwards.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Damn, ninendo joined us in this century! Never thought I would see the day!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts
@Litchie said:

This program will be back once Nintendo comes out with another struggling console.