Nintendo confirms new 3D Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros., and Mario Kart for E3

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I know this is in the Nintendo Direct thread already, but it's major news that I think warrants its own thread.

So, to anyone who doesn't know already, Nintendo has confirmed that a brand new 3D Mario, a new Zelda, and a new Mario Kart are all in works for the Wii U. They also announced that the fourth Smash Bros. game will be unveiled there as well.

This is in addition to Monolith Soft's new game, Retro's new project (already confirmed for an E3 2013 appearance by Reggie), Miyamoto's new IP, and whatever time Nintendo wants to spend on the 3DS.

They're pulling out the big guns. About f*cking time they did something right with the Wii U.

Any guesses what the games will be like? Super Mario Galaxy 3?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts
Not even trolling..Does it really surprise you those games are coming to the Wiiu?
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

100 mario games no surprise

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Super Mario U-niverse sounds pretty cool.

Either that or New Super Mario Bros U2

[spoiler] u2.jpg [/spoiler]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

100 mario games no surrpsie

finalstar2007
100? Yes, I just listed a 100 Mario games.
Not even trolling..Does it really surprise you those games are coming to the Wiiu?Heil68
No, because those games are why I buy a Nintendo system. Incidentally, if it is new IPs you want, check Monolith Soft's newest.
Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Enforcedspot
Member since 2010 • 2915 Posts
I"m excited to see smash bros e3 trailer. I'm looking forward retro studio next project. I don't really want another super Mario galaxy, I feel like the first 2 is enough i rather them make something new on Mario 3D for Wii U.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
Can't wait to see what's in store for Smash bros. I just want a playable online or custom lobby.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#8 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
GIVE ME GALAXY 3
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Can't wait to see what's in store for Smash bros. I just want a playable online or custom lobby.Microsoft1234
and for the love of god NO TRIPPING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]GIVE ME GALAXY 3

Super Mario Universe? I only want a Galaxy 3 if they make it open world in space, otherwise I think the theme is played out.
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Wonder if they'll show Smash Bro's on the 3DS too, or if they'll just let the WiiU have the spotlight.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blabadon
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]GIVE ME GALAXY 3

Super Mario Universe? I only want a Galaxy 3 if they make it open world in space, otherwise I think the theme is played out.

Honestly, Galaxy 3 sounds enticing because the last time that team tried something else we got Super Mario 3D Land. Also, because I'm a huge Galaxy fanboy.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I never saw these games coming. I am completely suprised to see these games get Wii U versions...

Sarcasm aside I am excited to see how these games turn out. :D

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

This and the new Monolith and Yoshi games made me finally interested in the Wii U. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]GIVE ME GALAXY 3

Honestly, Galaxy 3 sounds enticing because the last time that team tried something else we got Super Mario 3D Land. Also, because I'm a huge Galaxy fanboy.

Well, regardless of how you feel about it, 3D Land is objectively a great game. Also, that wasn't the main Galaxy team that made 3D Land, brah, the Galaxy team hasn't made anything since Galaxy 2 released.
rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

Absolutely no surprises there. I mean, every Nintendo console gets all of those games. I think it would surprise me more if they didn't realease one of their key franchises on the system. Good for fans though. I will hold back judgement on these games until I see them, if they don't break the same mold that every iteration of these games, I just don't think I will be interested.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Absolutely no surprises there. I mean, every Nintendo console gets all of those games. I think it would surprise me more if they didn't realease one of their key franchises on the system. Good for fans though. I will hold back judgement on these games until I see them, if they don't break the same mold that every iteration of these games, I just don't think I will be interested.

rockydog1111
Nintendo consoles get these games because that is exactly what people buy Nintendo consoles for. What else do you buy a Nintendo system for except for the first party games?
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blabadon
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Super Mario Universe? I only want a Galaxy 3 if they make it open world in space, otherwise I think the theme is played out.

Well, regardless of how you feel about it, 3D Land is objectively a great game. Also, that wasn't the main Galaxy team that made 3D Land, brah, the Galaxy team hasn't made anything since Galaxy 2 released.

How is it, or any game for that matter, objectively a great game? I understand critical and commercial success like 3D Land had ensures a probable second time around, that doesn't stop it from being an extremely dull game subjectively. Anyways, that's good to know, the 3DS deserved a hell of a lot better.
mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

Like the 4th thread on this Char. Mod should really just make a sticky so the flooding stops.

On topic, Nintendo really has this e3 in the bag. My favorite announcment however was Iwata confirming that Nintendo will raise the quality of their games from last year (basically admitting they could have done better with most of their franchises) and the Wii-U system update. That aside I can't wait to see how Smashbros will shape up, though I doubt they will show the new Zelda.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

E3 is looking to rock with Nintendo.

Please let it not be Super Mario Galaxy 3. They should try something different with Mario.

DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

Same old, same old !

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts
I don't think they are unveiling the new Wii U Zelda game at E3. They kept mentioning how they are still in the early stages. That being said, I expect one to be released for the 3DS in the second quarter of 2014.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

Same old, same old !

DISSESHOWEDO

Agreed. Same old great nintendo games. I'm looking forward to seeing them !:D

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Drasonak

rockydog1111
The new Zelda game is supposed to be more of an open-ended game with multiplayer components. That sounds pretty cool to me. Yoshi Land, or whatever it's called, doesn't really excite me. Wario Land: Shake It! wasn't that great, and Kirby's Epic Yarn was even worse. This looks like a retread of sorts with Yoshi in Kirby's place.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

GIVE ME GALAXY 3Blabadon

GET

THE

OUT

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Everything I expected, I couldn't be more pleased. Wonder what Retro is up to most of all.

Now, if they just keep that trend up with HD remakes and bundle series together in collections like Sony does that give value, I couldn't think of a thing Nintendo could do better with Wii U.

Super Mario Galaxy 3 would be fine, but we'd better see something new from Mario instead. Actually Super Mario galaxy 3 wouldn't be fine lol.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#27 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Yep I'm all gun ho about the Wii U. Nintendo has earned my purchase!

Though I hope that their new 3D Mario is better than Mario Galaxy (I thought it was overrated). Zelda Wind Waker HD, Smash Bros, Mario Kart....this is all great. Especially for Smash Bros because the Wii U has a good online service now, it's just as good as PSN and XBL (but it's better than XBL because it's free).

GotNugz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GotNugz
Member since 2010 • 681 Posts

This E3 is going to be just as epic as E3 2005 was. PS4, Xbox 720 and new PC games incoming. games that i want to see

Retro Studios new game

Bungie's new IP

DOOM 4

Fotnight

343i new game

Killzone 4(maybe they can finally match the bullshot trailer)

Earthbound Wii U

Bayonetta 2

Castlevania Lords of shadow 2

Ninga Gaiden Z

new Elder Scrolls(maybe too soon)

Uncharted next gen

as many new IP's as possible. what games are you guys looking forward to?

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

Nintendo, the king of rehash after rehash after rehash after rehash after rehash after..... But at least the games are good :P

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

The only things that bugs me about this announcement is that most of these games look far off, and that some people seem to not understand that this is for NINTENDO developed games only, hence the tweet. I have to admit I expected something third party, but as soon as I read up on any of the not so subtle things they said about it, it was clear as day that this would be a Nintendo only announcement. Collabos with third parties aside, you shouldn't have expected any showings for it.

Overall it was interesting though. The new Monolith game looks great (the scope, combat, music and mech are tops), Yoshi artstyle wasn't what I expected but was different, the crossover of SMT and FE is awesome. The other games we knew we were going to get some time are making appearances at E3 it seems which is a plus.

It seems like Ninty blew their load but you never know with them. They always tend to surprise.

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

If they show footage of "Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem" at E3, then they would have won it for me

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
Xenoblade 2 game looks top, Xenoblade was one of the few great games the Wii had. The others are expected and without release dates aren't exciting announcements at all. Its like Microsoft saying hey 720 will have Halo, Gears and Forza coming woo.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NaveedLife

The only things that bugs me about this announcement is that most of these games look far off, and that some people seem to not understand that this is for NINTENDO developed games only, hence the tweet. I have to admit I expected something third party, but as soon as I read up on any of the not so subtle things they said about it, it was clear as day that this would be a Nintendo only announcement. Collabos with third parties aside, you shouldn't have expected any showings for it.

Overall it was interesting though. The new Monolith game looks great (the scope, combat, music and mech are tops), Yoshi artstyle wasn't what I expected but was different, the crossover of SMT and FE is awesome. The other games we knew we were going to get some time are making appearances at E3 it seems which is a plus.

It seems like Ninty blew their load but you never know with them. They always tend to surprise.

AznbkdX

the announcement can mean very little without any info / media. The fact that they are showing off the next mario, mario kart, and smash bros means E3 is already going to be insane, not to mention more reveals possibly and news on the current awesomeness.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I'm hoping they don't do a Galaxy 3 as well. I think Nintendo got the most they could get out of Galaxy 2. A Galaxy 3 would probably just feel disappointing and stale in comparison. I'm wondering what kind of theme they could think of next.

And as for Smash Bros, they better take out tripping, and not add any equally stupid game mechanics to Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U. There are some other things I'd like but the removal of tripping is probably one of my top priorities.

n00bproof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 n00bproof
Member since 2009 • 674 Posts

We need a real successor to Mario 64 with open worlds.

I recently watched videos of that Mario 74 hack and I must say that something like that would be amazing.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Not even trolling..Does it really surprise you those games are coming to the Wiiu?Heil68

No, but its nice to know they aren't waiting to get started on them. The Wii didn't get its own original Zelda till five years into its cycle.

Personally I hate it when they do this though. I'd like them to at the very least give us a name or something so we have some sort of indication as to what it really is. But last time they said "oh we are making a mario game but we aren't going to tell you anything about it" was Galaxy 2, and that honestly might be the best mario platformer ever

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Well this ain't a big surprise but dont you think e3 is a long way away and this is a major blow these games should of been launch titles in my opinion I may of thought differently to buying one but e3 is going to be all about the next gen its going to be over shadowed

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

they said smash brothers was going to show screen shots thats it not playable

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

NaveedLife

the announcement can mean very little without any info / media. The fact that they are showing off the next mario, mario kart, and smash bros means E3 is already going to be insane, not to mention more reveals possibly and news on the current awesomeness.

Very true but I have a feeling that if they are talking about the incorporations to certain franchises (Zelda bullet points and even the two updates on WiiU spanning spring to summer), then their is a good chance it will be a good couple months until we see many of these titles. Ninty tends to take its time as you know, so any of the games that were slightly teased are probably not all the way out of development or will have a release past this quarter I'm guessing. The ones that weren't and are debuting at E3 probably will shoot for a Fall/Winter and beyond release for sales alone.

I'm hoping one of these make it before summer, but it does seem unlikely a bit. Hopefully at least the Yoshi game or something when news starts trickling. These next months are still fairly barren for the system which isn't so unusual for Ninty, but they are trying to get a good base going.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
technically we'll see some screenshots at best from the new zelda, wind waker announcement style.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NaveedLife

technically we'll see some screenshots at best from the new zelda, wind waker announcement style.BrunoBRS

At E3? I imagine you would be right, if even that. Mario, smash and kart will take the stage and Wind Waker U. I just hope they talk about the new Zelda and plans for it.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AznbkdX

Yeah I'm not expecting much from the Zelda announce aside from a screenie and maybe some idea on whats going on with it.

The thing I hope for now is a strong third party exclusive showing though. I know it seems unlikely with all this goodness (Or maybe more likely? It depends on your optimism) but Ninty has been delivering pretty well with this and the Pokemon thing.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Imo, Don't expect to see or hear anything from a new Zelda game other than "Yeap we're making one, expect it around ______" until after the Wind Waker remake comes out. Theyll just focus on promoting and focusing on selling that first.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]technically we'll see some screenshots at best from the new zelda, wind waker announcement style.NaveedLife

At E3? I imagine you would be right, if even that. Mario, smash and kart will take the stage and Wind Waker U. I just hope they talk about the new Zelda and plans for it.

they'll probably mention the new zelda at a roundtable, with a powerpoint showing the screens. that's just going by previous announcements and what was said in the nintendo direct.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Looks like it's gonna be a huge E3 for Nintendo this year.

Interested to see the new Retro's project and graphics engine for WiiU they've been working on too.

Only thing missing is a hint towards a new Star Fox and F-Zero but I guess that would already be overkill...

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Drasonak
Another awesome massive, open-world, highly inspired console action RPG... that the PC isn't getting. :lol: But hey, they have Torchlight II. :lol: I bet that's... fun? :lol:
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

It's the fact that these games are confirmed to have E3 presence of some sort.

The only questionable there is whether they will show Zelda U actual in game footage, CGI trailer or just in interview form outside the main presentation.

But yeah, those are 4 megaton games on the level of GTA V if you will. Maybe not for you, but they are. It's fcking amazing but that only begs the question: wtf will they announce next year if they blow their load now lol.

Just a side note, Retro's game should be at E3 too.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Depending on Retro, we could have Mainline, Home Console;

3D Mario
3D Metroid
3D Zelda
Smash 4
Mario Kart U

IN THE SAME CONFERENCE.

IN ADDITION TO

Project X
Wind Waker HD
Bayonetta 2
Yoshi's Epic Yarn

new_gamer244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 new_gamer244
Member since 2011 • 338 Posts

bought a wii....it was lame system with boring games.

will never buy a nintendo console again!

xbox and ps4 will dominate like before

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Smash bros 2013 would be cool but thats probably not happening. Fall 2014 release at the earliest!