Nintendo beats Sony, AGAIN!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for drekula2
drekula2

3349

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Avatar image for freedomfreak
freedomfreak

52252

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52252 Posts

3 days left. Can't wait.

Avatar image for fishsticklover
Fishsticklover

252

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Fishsticklover
Member since 2013 • 252 Posts

In other news:

Metacritic counts again
PS4 humiliates Wii-U's lifetime sales with 2.1 million consoles sold already
Ever since Sony entered the console race, they won 3 out of 4 gens
Knack outsold Mario in the UK

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

9664

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9664 Posts

It's on 3DS. What were you expecting?

Avatar image for drekula2
drekula2

3349

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#5 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

@fishsticklover said:

Ever since Sony entered the console race, they won 3 out of 4 gens

you mean 3 out of 3

Avatar image for Joedgabe
Joedgabe

5134

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#6 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Feels more like an Square Enix win to me rather than a Nintendo Vs Sony one but w/e awesome! and nintendo acts like they don't need 3rd party developers for their home consoles!

Avatar image for fishsticklover
Fishsticklover

252

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 Fishsticklover
Member since 2013 • 252 Posts

@drekula2 said:

@fishsticklover said:

Ever since Sony entered the console race, they won 3 out of 4 gens

you mean 3 out of 3

PlayStation 1 won it
PlayStation 2 won it
PlayStation 3 will win eventually, but I won't count it for now since it's not on top yet
PlayStation 4 will win it with ease this gen

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

1553

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

lol, the overrated 3DS is all style and flash and no substance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

82724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

More concerned with Zelda's Metascore, tbh

@fishsticklover said:

PS4 humiliates Wii-U's lifetime sales with 2.1 million consoles sold already

Lol, Wii U has sold 3.9 million worldwide LTD. The only territory where PS4 outsold Wii U was UK.

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
PurpleMan5000

10468

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10468 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

More concerned with Zelda's Metascore, tbh

@fishsticklover said:

PS4 humiliates Wii-U's lifetime sales with 2.1 million consoles sold already

Lol, Wii U has sold 3.9 million worldwide LTD. The only territory where PS4 outsold Wii U was UK.

Didn't the Wii U also sell about 3 million during its first holiday season?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

82724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@charizard1605 said:

More concerned with Zelda's Metascore, tbh

@fishsticklover said:

PS4 humiliates Wii-U's lifetime sales with 2.1 million consoles sold already

Lol, Wii U has sold 3.9 million worldwide LTD. The only territory where PS4 outsold Wii U was UK.

Didn't the Wii U also sell about 3 million during its first holiday season?

3 million in a month, yes

Avatar image for Promised_Trini
Promised_Trini

3651

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Both of those games look awesome.

Avatar image for Heil68
Heil68

59132

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 59132 Posts

A game to play on the 3Ds? Good.

Avatar image for StriateEnd
StriateEnd

521

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#15 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

lol at you, i've got both a vita and a 3ds xl. More games for me!

Avatar image for Capitan_Kid
Capitan_Kid

6700

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

More concerned with Zelda's Metascore, tbh

@fishsticklover said:

PS4 humiliates Wii-U's lifetime sales with 2.1 million consoles sold already

Lol, Wii U has sold 3.9 million worldwide LTD. The only territory where PS4 outsold Wii U was UK.

Lol the PS4 is gonna pass that in no time considering how much its sold in less than a month.

Avatar image for xxgunslingerxx
xxgunslingerxx

4275

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@charizard1605 said:

More concerned with Zelda's Metascore, tbh

@fishsticklover said:

PS4 humiliates Wii-U's lifetime sales with 2.1 million consoles sold already

Lol, Wii U has sold 3.9 million worldwide LTD. The only territory where PS4 outsold Wii U was UK.

Didn't the Wii U also sell about 3 million during its first holiday season?

3 million in a month, yes

so then only .9 million in a year? i bet the ps2 sold more than the wiiu this year

Avatar image for Consternated
Consternated

848

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts

@Promised_Trini said:

Both of those games look awesome.

So only poor people miss out... Shame, but stuff them!

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
PurpleMan5000

10468

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10468 Posts

@xxgunslingerxx said:

@charizard1605 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@charizard1605 said:

More concerned with Zelda's Metascore, tbh

@fishsticklover said:

PS4 humiliates Wii-U's lifetime sales with 2.1 million consoles sold already

Lol, Wii U has sold 3.9 million worldwide LTD. The only territory where PS4 outsold Wii U was UK.

Didn't the Wii U also sell about 3 million during its first holiday season?

3 million in a month, yes

so then only .9 million in a year? i bet the ps2 sold more than the wiiu this year

It probably did. No games = no sales. I would expect that things picked up somewhat this November, though. I'm only seeing Nintendoland bundles at stores, which is a good sign that they are at least moving the few units they had with quality games bundled.

Avatar image for AmazonTreeBoa
AmazonTreeBoa

16745

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I can't wait to get Bravely Default. That Ys has me thinking of getting a Vita instead of a second 3DS XL.

Avatar image for Promised_Trini
Promised_Trini

3651

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

@Consternated said:

@Promised_Trini said:

Both of those games look awesome.

So only poor people miss out... Shame, but stuff them!

Could someone explain to me wtf this means.SW has been over taken by idiots I swear.

Avatar image for DocSanchez
DocSanchez

5557

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#22 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Every tiny little victory shouted from the rooftops. You are Pompeii, watching as Vesuvius splutters its guts onto your fair city and you're shouting "look Rome! our pot plants are immaculate!"

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

42363

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 42363 Posts

Haven't heard of it, looks good though from what I'm seeing on YouTube and the reviews, might pick it up even though I won't be able to play it for a while, but pick it up since acquiring new copies of 3DS JRPGs tends to be hard if you don't try getting them while you can.

If it hasn't come out yet I'll go pre-order it.

Avatar image for applefan1991
applefan1991

3397

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Wait Metacritic counts again? I thought it didn't for games like Killzone and Knack? I'm so confused....

Avatar image for Shinobishyguy
Shinobishyguy

22928

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#25 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@DocSanchez: trying to downplay that 3ds domination? You poor soul

Avatar image for I_can_haz
I_can_haz

6511

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Nice to see sheep haven't given up hope completely. The WiiU is still a sad joke though lol.

Avatar image for Gargus
Gargus

2147

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#27 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I can't wait to get Bravely Default. That Ys has me thinking of getting a Vita instead of a second 3DS XL.

Hope you cant wait for microtransactions in a full priced game as well.

http://www.geek.com/games/full-price-square-enix-3ds-game-bravely-default-has-1-50-microtransactions-1578749/

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/22/bravely-default-for-the-sequel-adds-time-saving-microtransactio/

I was going to buy it till I found out about that. Now I will be buying the game used as I don't want to give anyone my money and support shit like that.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

1483

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#28 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

The 3DS is ruling the world atm.

Just deal haters.

(PS. How is the Vita Sony fanboys? lol)

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

5747

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#29 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Nintendomination as usual.

Avatar image for resevl4rlz
resevl4rlz

3848

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

More concerned with Zelda's Metascore, tbh

@fishsticklover said:

PS4 humiliates Wii-U's lifetime sales with 2.1 million consoles sold already

Lol, Wii U has sold 3.9 million worldwide LTD. The only territory where PS4 outsold Wii U was UK.

then when it releases in Japan it will outsold the wii u

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

82724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#31 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@resevl4rlz said:

@charizard1605 said:

More concerned with Zelda's Metascore, tbh

@fishsticklover said:

PS4 humiliates Wii-U's lifetime sales with 2.1 million consoles sold already

Lol, Wii U has sold 3.9 million worldwide LTD. The only territory where PS4 outsold Wii U was UK.

then when it releases in Japan it will outsold the wii u

Sure, and that is when you can make an unqualified statement like that and actually have it hold true.

Avatar image for nightshade869
nightshade869

3457

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#32 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

More concerned with Zelda's Metascore, tbh

@fishsticklover said:

PS4 humiliates Wii-U's lifetime sales with 2.1 million consoles sold already

Lol, Wii U has sold 3.9 million worldwide LTD. The only territory where PS4 outsold Wii U was UK.

You really should be embarrassed by typing this...serious fail

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
PurpleMan5000

10468

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10468 Posts

@WadeFan said:

Wait Metacritic counts again? I thought it didn't for games like Killzone and Knack? I'm so confused....

Metacritic really doesn't do much at all to make those games look better. It really only enforces that Killzone is good but not great and Knack is bad.

Avatar image for Bigboi500
Bigboi500

35550

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#34 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Consternated said:

@Promised_Trini said:

Both of those games look awesome.

So only poor people miss out... Shame, but stuff them!

aka the butthurt losers who fanboy it up in this forum because they're without funds, or kids--and mummy and daddy wont buy them but one system so they defend it to the death.

Avatar image for AmazonTreeBoa
AmazonTreeBoa

16745

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@Gargus said:
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I can't wait to get Bravely Default. That Ys has me thinking of getting a Vita instead of a second 3DS XL.

Hope you cant wait for microtransactions in a full priced game as well.

http://www.geek.com/games/full-price-square-enix-3ds-game-bravely-default-has-1-50-microtransactions-1578749/

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/22/bravely-default-for-the-sequel-adds-time-saving-microtransactio/

I was going to buy it till I found out about that. Now I will be buying the game used as I don't want to give anyone my money and support shit like that.

Microtransactions don't bother me. I simply don't buy anything and beat the game the old fashioned way.

Avatar image for Shinobishyguy
Shinobishyguy

22928

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#36 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@Gargus: you could just buy the game and ignore the microtranactions.

Wait who am I kidding, you wouldn't have ammo to bash the game with other wise

Avatar image for locopatho
locopatho

24213

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -2

#37 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24213 Posts

@fishsticklover said:

@drekula2 said:

@fishsticklover said:

Ever since Sony entered the console race, they won 3 out of 4 gens

you mean 3 out of 3

PlayStation 1 won it

PlayStation 2 won it

PlayStation 3 will win eventually, but I won't count it for now since it's not on top yet

PlayStation 4 will win it with ease this gen

PS1 won, PS2 won, PS3 didn't, PSP didn't, PS4 isn't, PS VITA isn't.

Soooo 2/6 by my count.

Avatar image for Gargus
Gargus

2147

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#38  Edited By Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Gargus said:
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I can't wait to get Bravely Default. That Ys has me thinking of getting a Vita instead of a second 3DS XL.

Hope you cant wait for microtransactions in a full priced game as well.

http://www.geek.com/games/full-price-square-enix-3ds-game-bravely-default-has-1-50-microtransactions-1578749/

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/22/bravely-default-for-the-sequel-adds-time-saving-microtransactio/

I was going to buy it till I found out about that. Now I will be buying the game used as I don't want to give anyone my money and support shit like that.

Microtransactions don't bother me. I simply don't buy anything and beat the game the old fashioned way.

I was illustrating by buying that game you encourage microtransactions in games.

But that's the same approach people took about DLC when it came out and now we have games being divided up before they even launch, endings cut to be sold later and so on. So buy it if you want but in a few years when games get more and more invasive with microtransactions just remember you encouraged it by giving companies that promote it your money. So youll have no room to ever complain about them.

Avatar image for Gargus
Gargus

2147

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@Shinobishyguy said:

@Gargus: you could just buy the game and ignore the microtranactions.

Wait who am I kidding, you wouldn't have ammo to bash the game with other wise

Did I try and bash the game itself? No I didn't at all.

If you had actually bothered to read what I said instead of just inventing things simply so you could bash me you would have noticed I said I would be buying the game, I just wouldn't buy it new so I don't give the developers my money because of the microtransactions.

I mean come on, I typed just a few sentences, you couldn't read and comprehend that little before replying? Sounds like youre the one with bashing issues and not me.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

40120

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#40 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 40120 Posts

@Gargus said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Gargus said:
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I can't wait to get Bravely Default. That Ys has me thinking of getting a Vita instead of a second 3DS XL.

Hope you cant wait for microtransactions in a full priced game as well.

http://www.geek.com/games/full-price-square-enix-3ds-game-bravely-default-has-1-50-microtransactions-1578749/

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/22/bravely-default-for-the-sequel-adds-time-saving-microtransactio/

I was going to buy it till I found out about that. Now I will be buying the game used as I don't want to give anyone my money and support shit like that.

Microtransactions don't bother me. I simply don't buy anything and beat the game the old fashioned way.

I was illustrating by buying that game you encourage microtransactions in games.

At least you can avoid it and still enjoy the game, regardless (which, looking back, I was probably hard on TR 2013 for pulling the same stunt).

Avatar image for Shinobishyguy
Shinobishyguy

22928

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#41  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@Gargus: Holy shit could you be more dense? 90% of your posts are just you throwing a bitchfit about nintendo regurgitating their IPs. Heres an original IP and lo and behold you dismiss it because of microtransactions that aren't even essential to completing the game.

"I'll buy it used" you say? Have fun ensuring that it's sequel never gets localized you prick

Avatar image for aroxx_ab
aroxx_ab

13236

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#42  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Cant even read/see what games it is, picture is so small and blocky...

Avatar image for Sweenix
Sweenix

5957

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@xxgunslingerxx said:

@charizard1605 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@charizard1605 said:

More concerned with Zelda's Metascore, tbh

@fishsticklover said:

PS4 humiliates Wii-U's lifetime sales with 2.1 million consoles sold already

Lol, Wii U has sold 3.9 million worldwide LTD. The only territory where PS4 outsold Wii U was UK.

Didn't the Wii U also sell about 3 million during its first holiday season?

3 million in a month, yes

so then only .9 million in a year? i bet the ps2 sold more than the wiiu this year

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Avatar image for Gue1
Gue1

12171

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#44 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

they have the same Meta-score now. 86-86

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

82724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#45  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Gue1 said:

they have the same Meta-score now. 86-86

Thank God for Zelda