Nintendo: Astral Chain and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order hit a million each

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

Nintendo Life/Nintendo Japan

Last summer, Switch owners were treated to two particularly intriguing Nintendo-published exclusives - PlatinumGames' Astral Chain and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order from Koei Tecmo. It has now been confirmed that, as of December 2019, both games have managed to surpass one million sales.

Astral Chain has sold 1.03 million copies, while Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is just behind with 1.02 million copies sold; both figures include physical and digital sales. Earlier this month, Astral Chain's director Takahisa Taura revealed that the game had "sold above expectations", so perhaps this news was to be expected for Platinum's release.

Earlier today, Nintendo released an updated list of its top ten best-selling games on Switch. The games featured there have naturally amassed an even greater number of sales than the two mentioned here, resulting in some very impressive totals indeed.

Did you buy Astral Chain or Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 last year? Did you enjoy your time with them? Let us know if you think they deserve their success with a comment below.

Need to play more Astral Chain, but I'm happy for the Marvel sales. Been a while since Nintendo published something based on a western IP since *checks notes* James Bond... back in the 90's.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

Yay for Platinum!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

Considering the lukewarm reception to MUA3, I'm really impressed it did that well. Imagine if they could have had that game ready right after Avengers: Endgame movie release released, I bet it would have sold even more surrounding Endgame's hype. I don't have Astral Chain just yet, I do plan to get it when I start filing my Taxes next month.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

I'm happy to see Astral Chain is doing well enough to be considered a success. It got snubbed hard over the awards season, but I'm glad to see it picked up its fanbase and those that played and loved the game are spreading the word.

I think Astral Chain will be one of those word-of-mouth successes. More people will play it based on recommendation and more people will start recommending it as well.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#5 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Bought a Switch to play MUA3 beat it and sold the Switch. Still a fun series. Didnt get a chance to play any of the DLC.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

Nice. Have Astral Chain and played through it once, excellent game well deserved. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 looks pretty good and I wouldn’t mind getting that sometime.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69456 Posts

Astral Chain has been sitting on my desk for the longest time asking me to play it for more than 15 minutes.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#8 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@Pedro: I'm 3/4 or more through the game and I don't think I'll finish it. Heck I might even trade it in.

The controls are just too awkward.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7267 Posts

Always nice to see a game from Platinum find it's audience.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Nice. I still need to pick up black hand