Nintendo Announces Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, October 2013, Full 3D, Vita Dead

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#201 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
either a pokemon for the 3DS, or a spin off for the wii u (snap u?)
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

Panic mode initiated

charizard1605

And for the first time it's relevant to the western markets (where the 3DS has been relatively underperforming) as well.

I think we will see big changes next fiscal year.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

either a pokemon for the 3DS, or a spin off for the wii u (snap u?)BrunoBRS

I would say they'll do a Nintendo Land sequel in the future (Pokemon Land) and one of the mini games will be Snap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#204 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Leak from Game Freak. If this is true, I will sell Nintendo my body:

This is a big ass post/p>charizard1605

That sounds...a bit too good to be true...I'll be interested if it is though, maybe it will dispel some of my pessimism after being underwhelmed with BW2. I picked it up again yesterday, after having it sit on my shelve since launch.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
If those details are true, this will be the first Pokemon game I'll buy since HG. :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#206 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
If those details are true, this will be the first Pokemon game I'll buy since HG. :)TheDidact
WHY DID YOU NOT PLAY BLACK/WHITE?
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
[QUOTE="TheDidact"]If those details are true, this will be the first Pokemon game I'll buy since HG. :)charizard1605

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]either a pokemon for the 3DS, or a spin off for the wii u (snap u?)SuperFlakeman

I would say they'll do a Nintendo Land sequel in the future (Pokemon Land) and one of the mini games will be Snap.

that works, i guess. though it would make more sense to link it with pokepark, which already exists :P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="TheDidact"]If those details are true, this will be the first Pokemon game I'll buy since HG. :)charizard1605

don't make the game sound like something it isn't. it's pretty solid, and did more than some things right, but fell flat on other areas.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#210 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

I couldn't care less if it's BW3, RS remakes, or gen 6. All I know is that it NEEDS to be on the 3ds.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]If those details are true, this will be the first Pokemon game I'll buy since HG. :)BrunoBRS

don't make the game sound like something it isn't. it's pretty solid, and did more than some things right, but fell flat on other areas.

the only place it came up short on was post game content (and bw2 fixed that)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]If those details are true, this will be the first Pokemon game I'll buy since HG. :)BrunoBRS

Where did I make it sound like anything it all?
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#213 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

It seems like they'll be released this year (in Japan at least).

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts
Dunno if those leaked notes are true since the anime usually follows the game world and I cant see them leaving Ash after around 20 years.. But if it is true then that is cool, I just hope it has a lot more content then gen 5 did.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Where did I make it sound like anything it all?

you're shouting in all caps at him for not playing it, as if it was a huge deal.

Shinobishyguy
and world design. and the more intrusive story that manages to be even worse than the usual stuff.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Where did I make it sound like anything it all?

you're shouting in all caps at him for not playing it, as if it was a huge deal.

Shinobishyguy
and world design. and the more intrusive story that manages to be even worse than the usual stuff.

yeah, I'm asking him how he missed a game in the series. I don't see where the problem is at all, unless you try reading too much into it. Which you probably are.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#217 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
[[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

Leak from Game Freak. If this is true, I will sell Nintendo my body: *tons of details*

That... sounds... awesome.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#218 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

B/W is awesome. It did get a few things wrong, but they were more or less negligible.
Blamph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Blamph
Member since 2013 • 67 Posts

Yeah, alot of the actual Pokemon designs in Black/White were absolutely horrendous.
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

It's actually the lone Starter Pokemon, and all players start with it...its three, branching evolutionary forms are actually the Box Mascots as well. Utilizing the 3D models, this Pokemon has a unique and ambitious evolution system where its look will slightly alter depending on how you raise it, meaning that each player will end up with their own version of it more or less.

charizard1605

Do not want

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="Blamph"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] WHY DID YOU NOT PLAY BLACK/WHITE?

Yeah, alot of the actual Pokemon designs in Black/White were absolutely horrendous.

Which is true of every generation. Like Jynx and Mr. Mime in Generation 1, what the f*ck are they even supposed to BE?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 BrunoBRS
just read the "leak". i don't buy it. until proven wrong, this is just some random guy trying to pass for a dev.
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#223 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

The leak actually has some believability to it... until you get to the space colony part and it goes downhill. It's 99% fake, but I wouldn't be surprised if many of the things listed turned out to be true.

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] WHY DID YOU NOT PLAY BLACK/WHITE?Blamph

:roll:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/149/5/0/New_Generation_5_Pokemon_by_purplekecleon.png

Blamph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Blamph
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Blamph"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] don't make the game sound like something it isn't. it's pretty solid, and did more than some things right, but fell flat on other areas.

Which is true of every generation. Like Jynx and Mr. Mime in Generation 1, what the f*ck are they even supposed to BE?

That was good stuff tho. In Black and White a lot of the Pokemon look like there out of some hack like sawk and liepard. There's also a lot of replacements like Concledure ( or however you spell it ) and Gigalith. Not to mention crap like the ice cream and the candle and then just plain uninspired ones like the golem guy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="Blamph"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Blamph"] Yeah, alot of the actual Pokemon designs in Black/White were absolutely horrendous.

That was good stuff tho. In Black and White a lot of the Pokemon look like there out of some hack like sawk and liepard. There's also a lot of replacements like Concledure ( or however you spell it ) and Gigalith. Not to mention crap like the ice cream and the candle and then just plain uninspired ones like the golem guy.

Mr. Mine and Jynx were good? The ratio of good Pokemon designs to bad Pokemon designs has stayed roughly constant every generation.
the9thinning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 the9thinning
Member since 2011 • 662 Posts
I don't get why people hate on the Gen 5 designs. I mean, look at Voltorb. It's a Poke Ball. Gee, pretty original and great.
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

I don't get why people hate on the Gen 5 designs. I mean, look at Voltorb. It's a Poke Ball. Gee, pretty original and great.the9thinning

A lot of people are so used to the old designs, it takes a while to get used to the new ones. That's just my guess though, you get used to the new designs the more you stay around them.

I like them all, they all have interesting ones

Lightning_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Lightning_fan
Member since 2012 • 351 Posts
Omg a new pokeman game? Are they going to just add a ton of horribly designed monsters? Oh no wait... They might make it in 3D! 3D! ZOMG... whats sad is that the reviewers will not put this series in its place.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
pokemon snap 2
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#230 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
In all honesty I'm tired of refridgerator/candlemon crap. They should go for more mythological creatures.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Shinobishyguy

Omg a new pokeman game? Are they going to just add a ton of horribly designed monsters? Oh no wait... They might make it in 3D! 3D! ZOMG... whats sad is that the reviewers will not put this series in its place.Lightning_fan
and the games will continue to sell, people will continue to like them, and bitter-ass haters will continue to mope in a corner

Blamph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Blamph
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Blamph"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Which is true of every generation. Like Jynx and Mr. Mime in Generation 1, what the f*ck are they even supposed to BE?

Mr. Mine and Jynx were good? The ratio of good Pokemon designs to bad Pokemon designs has stayed roughly constant every generation.

No way. Inanimate objects, birds wearing karate gi, food and generic recycled ideas from previous gens. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Pokemon from Black/White were scrapped ones from older generations.
el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Blamph"] That was good stuff tho. In Black and White a lot of the Pokemon look like there out of some hack like sawk and liepard. There's also a lot of replacements like Concledure ( or however you spell it ) and Gigalith. Not to mention crap like the ice cream and the candle and then just plain uninspired ones like the golem guy.Blamph

No way. Inanimate objects, birds wearing karate gi, food and generic recycled ideas from previous gens. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Pokemon from Black/White were scrapped ones from older generations.

Meh. I only thought the trash and ice cream pokemon were terribly designed. Litwick (candle pkemon) was friggen cute dude :o

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#234 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

[QUOTE="Blamph"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Mr. Mine and Jynx were good? The ratio of good Pokemon designs to bad Pokemon designs has stayed roughly constant every generation. el3m2tigre

Meh. I only thought the trash and ice cream pokemon were terribly designed. Litwick (candle pkemon) was friggen cute dude :o

trubbish.jpg

Worst one of the 6th gen. It's a TRASHBAG!:x

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

[QUOTE="Blamph"] No way. Inanimate objects, birds wearing karate gi, food and generic recycled ideas from previous gens. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Pokemon from Black/White were scrapped ones from older generations.PhazonBlazer

trubbish.jpg

Worst one of the 6th gen. It's a TRASHBAG!:x

Yeah it's pretty... eugh. I think the ice cream pokemon is slightly worse though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Speculation suggests we might be looking st a fully online 3DS/Wii U title with cloud saving, sync, and cross play. Speculation might also be wrong.
Blamph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Blamph
Speculation suggests we might be looking st a fully online 3DS/Wii U title with cloud saving, sync, and cross play. Speculation might also be wrong. charizard1605
Whats the source ?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 BrunoBRS
Speculation suggests we might be looking st a fully online 3DS/Wii U title with cloud saving, sync, and cross play. Speculation might also be wrong. charizard1605
speculation expects nintendo's online to have caught up with modern standards of premium online, for free.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Speculation suggests we might be looking st a fully online 3DS/Wii U title with cloud saving, sync, and cross play. Speculation might also be wrong. Blamph
Whats the source ?

GAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Speculation suggests we might be looking st a fully online 3DS/Wii U title with cloud saving, sync, and cross play. Speculation might also be wrong. BrunoBRS
speculation expects nintendo's online to have caught up with modern standards of premium online, for free.

Online on 3DS is acceptably fine in my opinion.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Speculation suggests we might be looking st a fully online 3DS/Wii U title with cloud saving, sync, and cross play. Speculation might also be wrong. charizard1605

do you think online on the 3DS is capable of smooth cloud saving and cross-platform play? even monster hunter 3G is only going cross-play for local multiplayer, no cross-save (that i know of).
Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

Man I'm so sold if that's the case.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Speculation suggests we might be looking st a fully online 3DS/Wii U title with cloud saving, sync, and cross play. Speculation might also be wrong. BrunoBRS

Yeah, even ignoring FCs, Pokemon B/W's online is terribad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] speculation expects nintendo's online to have caught up with modern standards of premium online, for free.

do you think online on the 3DS is capable of smooth cloud saving and cross-platform play? even monster hunter 3G is only going cross-play for local multiplayer, no cross-save (that i know of).

No, Monster Hunter has cross saving.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] speculation expects nintendo's online to have caught up with modern standards of premium online, for free.

While I don't own either, and I don't doubt the online on the 3DS or WiiU is nice, it's the first I've heard of cloud saving+sync+ cross play for either platform....not saying it can't or wont happen...just kinda unlikely at this point IMO... But hey, if Ninty does this they will finally drop the damn bomb! xD

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate already does this lol
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Worst one of the 6th gen. It's a TRASHBAG!:xPhazonBlazer

5th* Gen. ;)

Trubbish's design may not be my favorite, but I appreciate its existence. We have pokemon that represent air pollution (Koffing) and water pollution (Grimer) so it's pretty cool to have something that represents land pollution. It's a great example of how humans affect the pokemon ecosystem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Desmonic"] While I don't own either, and I don't doubt the online on the 3DS or WiiU is nice, it's the first I've heard of cloud saving+sync+ cross play for either platform....not saying it can't or wont happen...just kinda unlikely at this point IMO... But hey, if Ninty does this they will finally drop the damn bomb! xDDesmonic
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate already does this lol

Monster Hunter has as much impact on the West as CoD has on the East :P Pokemon would be a whole different ball game. If the next Pokemon game does it (and does it well) that will be the game that will open those options to 3DS ad WiiU developers for good. IMO of course :P

No, I understand that lol. I'm just saying it can be done. The technical infrastructure is already there, so it's not something outlandish. IIRC, Nintendo said they would be doing something similar for Super Smash Bros. 4 as well.

Lightning_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Lightning_fan
Member since 2012 • 351 Posts

[QUOTE="Lightning_fan"]Omg a new pokeman game? Are they going to just add a ton of horribly designed monsters? Oh no wait... They might make it in 3D! 3D! ZOMG... whats sad is that the reviewers will not put this series in its place.Shinobishyguy

and the games will continue to sell, people will continue to like them, and bitter-ass haters will continue to mope in a corner

Transformers sells well too, does that deflect any criticism of the series?

Pokemon is stagnant, juvenile, and conservative as a series.