Nintendo and Sony both have better UI's now than Microsoft (software company)

• 91 results
#1 Edited by ProtossRushX (3893 posts) -

Playstation 4 was more powerful than xbox one and they put out the pro which is more powerful than that.

This is just over like no matter how you slice it playstation wins on power on games on ui on controller everything is just better and i think PS+ is cheaper 50 for a year xbox was 60

just little things little slices here and there of being better and u just lose after all those beatings.

Anyway the ps4 and switch UI is clean clear and looks good.

the XBOX one ui still looks like windows phone with all the boxes and crap everywhere i can't stand to look at its like hogwash of boxes and its just bloated.

FreedomFreak i invite you to this post and do the frowny xbox face and scalebound canceled sig

#2 Posted by charizard1605 (82661 posts) -

Switch UI is literally a box to select the game you want to play, it does nothing else. If it wasn't better, I'd be seriously concerned about the infinite depths of Nintendo's incompetence

#3 Posted by Basinboy (13198 posts) -

As much as it has improved, the ads need to go.

#4 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (3755 posts) -

Is this a joke or click bait or is the TC on head meds???

#5 Edited by I_P_Daily (6302 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:

Playstation 4 was more powerful than xbox one and they put out the pro which is more powerful than that.

This is just over like no matter how you slice it playstation wins on power on games on ui on controller everything is just better and i think PS+ is cheaper 50 for a year xbox was 60

just little things little slices here and there of being better and u just lose after all those beatings.

Anyway the ps4 and switch UI is clean clear and looks good.

the XBOX one ui still looks like windows phone with all the boxes and crap everywhere i can't stand to look at its like hogwash of boxes and its just bloated.

FreedomFreak i invite you to this post and do the frowny xbox face and scalebound canceled sig

It took you all that bolded shit to get to the underlined shit, so in the end we just have shit, not surprising considering the source.

#6 Posted by ProtossRushX (3893 posts) -

@no-scope-AK47 said:

i am on strong meds this wasn't a bait i prefer ninty and sony's UI layout and im pissed about all these games coming out for ps4 only and scalebound was canceled and fable legends was canceled from my lineup

#7 Posted by k--m--k (2541 posts) -

@Basinboy: what ads?

On the subject. I didn't see the Nintendo UI yet so I can't judge. But I really dislike the Xbox UI. I guess I am not so used to it.

#8 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

The PS4 UI is fucking trash

#9 Posted by VFighter (2519 posts) -

I havent seen the UI of the Xone in a long time but I know I much prefer the PS3/4 UI over the 360.

#10 Posted by Ice-Cube (2040 posts) -

Sony has improved it's UI a lot over time and the quick access to things via the controller menu was badly needed. The one that needs to be improved is the loading time when you hover over certain sections on XMB (Video), it takes forever for it to show Netflix for me to click on. Loading Netflix is fine but just getting to "click" on it takes a long time to load. I mean maybe it's my system but yea, i've had it since launch.

I can't comment much on the Xbox since i've never really used it all that much. Never owned any Xbox's, just Playstations. The reason? I like the dualshock and I like the exclusives. I'm talking about PS1 all the way through PS4. Just decided to stick to PS and have a gaming PC. Also in regards to PS Plus, I wasn't happy at first to pay to play online but they really proved themselves with the library of free games each year. My PC broke down and it took forever for parts to come in and I used the hell out of my PS4's PS Plus free games that I never touched. Well worth it to be honest.

Nintendo on the other hand, well they haven't been relevant since the 64 in my opinion. Gamecube tried but never got into it. WiiU was just terrible. Now the Switch? Looks promising but the only reason I want it is to play Zelda again. But i'm not dropping $400 CAD right now for one game, i'll wait it out.

#11 Posted by HitmanActual (850 posts) -

Xboner UI is shit, PS4 is miles ahead, not just in games.

But what else do you expect from MS. Lemmings will just say "Wait until Scorpio, we've been waiting for over a year, and only another six months to wait, you'll see, Phil said so".

Filthy Lemmings still playing the waiting game, praying for a UI that is not total garbage like the Xboner.

#12 Posted by Basinboy (13198 posts) -

@k--m--k: X1 user interface has ads on the home screen, and elsewhere.

PS4 also has ads, but they are typically relegated to the more info section of games, the store, or the What's New section and are more readily secluded from the rest of the system.

From what I've seen of Switch it has some featured news pane that comes up, but I haven't interacted with it enough to know how intrusive it gets.

#13 Posted by cainetao11 (32741 posts) -

OMG guys!!! UI WARS!!! Lets do It!!!!!

#14 Edited by cainetao11 (32741 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:

i am on strong meds this wasn't a bait i prefer ninty and sony's UI layout and im pissed about all these games coming out for ps4 only and scalebound was canceled and fable legends was canceled from my lineup

You need to see a therapist then to help with the moving on process. Carrying anger over Scalebound and Fable Legends to this day is sad. Get over it.

#15 Posted by SaltSlasher (144 posts) -

How come I feel those trashing Xbox's UI haven't seen it since Day 1?!?

Xbox's interface is much better than it was over a year ago, in fact Xbox is getting a huge update along with Win10, so I'm sure more is to come. I personally always liked it.

Nintendo's UI is too basic, I mean how can you call it better, when it can't do half as many things, the only thing in news is Nintendo news, and it shows both my NA and JP profile's news even if I'm playing a game in my NA profile. I mean functionality and what a UI can do counts toward one being better than the other.

As for PS4, prior to update 4.0, I did not like PS4's UI, at all, I felt it was downgrade from PS3. Now that I got a PS4 Pro, and a handful of updates since I borrowed one, it is much nicer than it was. Still, in terms of finding stuff and getting around, it isn't that much better. They both do a ton of stuff, and which ever system you use, you'd become accustom to it, so people need to stop acting like Xbox's, PS4's or Switch's UI is some kind of deal breaker, get over it.

#16 Posted by mojito1988 (2662 posts) -

Wait....Nintendo has UI?

#17 Posted by Archangel3371 (23138 posts) -

I prefer the Xbox One UI myself.

#18 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17309 posts) -
@no-scope-AK47 said:

Is this a joke

All of TC's posts are jokes. His old gimmick was to post in (obviously) intentionally broken Engrish until mods started getting on to him about it.

I only respond to him when it's entertaining to do so.

#19 Edited by JumpAction (5522 posts) -

I can't stand the Xbox One UI.

Too much scrolling, too many buried functions, too many functions mapped to one button and no wishlist on the store! :O

It's a UI that wasn't designed with a controller in mind, in my opinion. It's also rather slow, sometimes stalling for quite some time, particulalrly during games.

Xbox One UI is my least favorite UI on a console I've owned.

Here's how many steps it takes to view all new releases.

1. Scroll to community tab. RB button

2. Scroll to store tab. RB button

3. Scroll down to browse games. RT button now.

Click browse games.

4. Scroll down on the analog stick 3 times to get to New Games section. RB and RT no longer operate quick scrolling.

5. Scroll across 7 times through the newest games.

6. Scroll up once to Show All button.

7. Click Show All.

#20 Posted by Quicksilver128 (7075 posts) -

The XB1 UI is shit which is concerning considering they are a software company.

#21 Posted by BobRossPerm (2886 posts) -

Microsoft aren't rich because their software is the best, they are rich because IBM mistaken them for CPM in the early 80's. Ever since then they had a monopoly on the market. So using 'but they are a software company' as an excuse as to why their interface should be the best is stupid. MS run their servers on Unix, not NT.

#22 Posted by FinalFighters (2782 posts) -

xbox one UI is crap. i prefer steam and PS4 UI.

Avatar image for storm_of_swords
#23 Edited by storm_of_swords (1800 posts) -

I think that both the Xbox One and PS4 UIs are disappointing and could be better. I like the Switch UI thus far, but it's still very bare bones at the moment so I don't think it's fair to judge it until we see how it is after the Switch gets more content.

The Xbox 360 still has a better UI than the current gen consoles. I wish Microsoft would just use it for Xbox One as well.

And of course the best UI of all time was the Blades. R.I.P Xbox 360 Blades :(

#24 Edited by KEND0_KAP0NI (1231 posts) -

the PS3 had the best UI.

PS4's UI is boring and lame

#25 Posted by Boycie (1308 posts) -

Pretty sure complaining about slightly annoying UI's is pretty high up there in the 1st world only problem list.

#26 Posted by Shewgenja (19122 posts) -

Yeah, compared to the PS4 and Switch UI, you basically need Google Maps to deal with the XBone comparatively.

#27 Posted by oflow (5118 posts) -

TC is on drugs. that explains a lot.

#28 Posted by raugutcon (5177 posts) -

@oflow: no wonder why TC never uses punctuation marks.

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#29 Posted by darkspineslayer (22396 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

The PS4 UI is fucking trash

Why?

#30 Posted by NFJSupreme (6507 posts) -

Its all irrelevant opinion.

#31 Posted by kvally (8445 posts) -

Xbox UI > PS UI

#32 Edited by R4gn4r0k (27144 posts) -

I don't like Xbox One's UI, it takes me just a step to long to where I wanna go: and that's games.

Fvck your store, fvck your movies, your series, your ads, your promotions. I just want to game, that is why I buy a console.

@kend0_kap0ni said:

the PS3 had the best UI.

PS3 had PSP's UI ^^

#33 Posted by EG101 (1802 posts) -

There is only one problem with the Xbox One UI and it's that you need an IQ over 70 to use it and that is why none of the Cows on System Wars understand it....

#34 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

I don't like Xbox One's UI, it takes me just a step to long to where I wanna go: and that's games.

Fvck your store, fvck your movies, your series, your ads, your promotions. I just want to game, that is why I buy a console.

@kend0_kap0ni said:

the PS3 had the best UI.

PS3 had PSP's UI ^^

It takes only one click to get to your games..and ads are never in your way.

#35 Posted by W1NGMAN- (10101 posts) -

The XBOXONE has by far the most annoying UI this gen. It's so damn unresponsive, I find myself clicking on the D-Pad multiple times to get it to do what I want it to do. Is this an issue with my controller/XBOX or do other people experience the same thing?

#36 Posted by Dakur (3275 posts) -

Cancelsoft's incompetence always amazes me. They have been in the software and OS business for ages and they're still clueless on how to build a proper OS and a proper interface.

#37 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28915 posts) -

@jumpaction: wow why you lying.

1 click over to store

2 scroll down to browse games.... New games right there.

@Basinboy: I'm seeing no ads on the home screen, I'm seeing links to the store and video such as major Nelson.... That's not ads like in the Xbox 360.

#38 Posted by getyeryayasout (11477 posts) -

Of the many petty and small things that get bitched about in these forums, is there any other minor annoyance that get's more blown out of proportion than bitching about UI? We're talking the difference of a couple button presses here or there, I don't get it.

#39 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17309 posts) -

@getyeryayasout:

Those button presses add up to seconds and seconds can save lives.

#40 Posted by dotWithShoes (5365 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: PS+ is $60 yearly.

#41 Posted by getyeryayasout (11477 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@getyeryayasout:

Those button presses add up to seconds and seconds can save lives.

But all those saved seconds are then just wasted here, shitposting. I'd argue that the more difficult to navigate, clunkier UI is actually superior as it gives anyone with the proclivity to bitch about it less time to do so.

#42 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17309 posts) -

@getyeryayasout:

But.... bitching saves lives?

Nah, I feel ya though. This forum will bitch about any dumb thing. I bet I could make a thread about the color of a consoles finish or how much it weighs and it'd get some serious arguments lol.

#ConsoleWeightKing

#43 Posted by getyeryayasout (11477 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner: I can get on board with the look of console arguments; woodgrain is clearly the look you want when dealing with high-tech gadgetry. That's just a fact.

I tried picking up my og Xbox with only my left hand several years ago and felt a 'pop' in my elbow. Nothing too serious seemed to come from it (although now that I think of it, I do get an occasional weird numbness in that hand from time to time, which is bittersweet because it's kinda scary, but great for a 'Stranger') but it freaked me out and taught me to respect the Xbox's substantial, uh...girth.

#44 Edited by JumpAction (5522 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker:

That only displays 7 of the newest games. Not all new games. To get to the Show All button you have to scroll through all 7 of the newest games first and then flick uo to the show all button.

In my opinion, the interface wasn't well designed for a controller.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
#45 Posted by deactivated-5a30e101a977c (5970 posts) -

Why can this guy still make topics, when they are clearly bait, and plain shit when it comes to content? But when someone explains in detail when he finds something shit it should be blogged...

#46 Edited by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

@darkspineslayer: managing your storage and figuring out how much space you need is a nightmare. This disc is saying there isn't enough free space but I have 40gb free and it doesn't tell me how much I need, why do I need to look at the box for this information it should be right fucking there. If you're going to reserve 20gb that I can't​ use why even tell me I have 20gb free??

Also their store is a trainwreck compared to MS's and that's quite the accomplishment because MS's store is trash. Also it's notifications tab is garbage.

It also tends to be months behind what MS is doing and why do I still need to sync trophies? It's 2017 yo.

#47 Posted by pdogg93 (583 posts) -

@mems_1224: your complaints are hilarious. The Xbox one UI is absolute garbage compared to PS4.

#48 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

@pdogg93: k

#49 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (3755 posts) -

@pdogg93 said:

@mems_1224: your complaints are hilarious. The Xbox one UI is absolute garbage compared to PS4.

So your defense just deflection never saw that coming lolz.

#50 Edited by Litchie (20695 posts) -

Well, I for one find both PS's and Xbox's menus pretty annoying. I much prefer Nintendo's "here are the games in your face, click one to play" menus.