Nintendo Advertises Minecraft Crossplay with Xbox on Nintendo Youtube - Shots Fired?

• 173 results
sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

Pretty surreal to see this...

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By pyro1245  Online
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Haha.... "Shits Fired"

But yeah, pretty crazy to see Nintendo being more reasonable than Sony. I mean... come on, it's Nintendo... They only stopped region-locking their hardware last year.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sHaDyCuBe321

@pyro1245 said:

Haha.... "Shits Fired"

But yeah, pretty crazy to see Nintendo being more reasonable than Sony. I mean... come on, it's Nintendo... They only stopped region-locking their hardware last year.

LMAO.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Just proves how weak MS and Nintendo are that they need to gang up on Sony.

Can't wait for the Rocket League trailer.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

The console with the worst graphics and the console with the lowest sales just got married. They gotta come together to fight Sony somehow.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sHaDyCuBe321

@Ant_17 said:

I don't see this as weakness, but more as trying to make a big deal and bring to a more public light and issue that only really is being talked about on gaming forums.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ant_17

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@Ant_17 said:

I don't see this as weakness, but more as trying to make a big deal and bring to a more public light and issue that only really is being talked about on gaming forums.

Nah, CCN or some other news thing covered the crossplay thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

Well damn...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

Wow! That's pretty amazing.

It's one thing allowing it but Nintendo are actually advertising it? That's quite progressive. Especially for Nintendo who are about as regressive as they come. :P

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sHaDyCuBe321

@jumpaction said:

It's one thing allowing it but Nintendo are actually advertising it? That's quite progressive. Especially for Nintendo who are about as regressive as they come. :P

New blood leading the company. The old guard were great, but times have changed and Nintendo has to change with it. Now get your damn online plan together.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA What do people expect? With the media and gamers bringing up how Anti-consumer it is to NOT allow this, of course those that do will prostitute it. LMAO These two aren't afraid to just say "this is our product, we have faith in it enough to let people play with each other". HAHAHAHAHA

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Even though i'm a PC/PS4/ Switch gamer, I found this ad pretty dope. Even if XB1x is a failing

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

Even though i'm a PC/PS4/ Switch gamer, I found this ad pretty dope. Even if XB1x is a failing

That's because you're a true gamer. Respect dude!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@jumpaction said:

New blood leading the company. The old guard were great, but times have changed and Nintendo has to change with it. Now get your damn online plan together.

Yeah man their online plan is all over the place. I'm still not convinced by the mobile connectivity yet.

For context, this trailer probably relates to the fact that Bedrock edition of Minecraft launched for Switch today which opened up cross-play for the game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cainetao11

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Nope. BBC news covered it, Forbes covered it as well. Its a true shit storm for Sony. Only the most loyal of non paid supporters are defending this joke at this point. What's funny is these are the same people that claim to "love the industry" and want MS to leave it LMAO. Nothing about Sony's stance is pro gaming or pro consumer. LOL "They're ganging up on Sony!!!!" LOL What a bunch of cowards with no faith in their own product.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ant_17

@cainetao11 said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Nope. BBC news covered it, Forbes covered it as well. Its a true shit storm for Sony. Only the most loyal of non paid supporters are defending this joke at this point. What's funny is these are the same people that claim to "love the industry" and want MS to leave it LMAO. Nothing about Sony's stance is pro gaming or pro consumer. LOL "They're ganging up on Sony!!!!" LOL What a bunch of cowards with no faith in their own product.

Oh i'm sure if this keeps up they might do crossplay. But i don't see that happening, since this is just a strong arm attempt.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

The days of Wiibox are back.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sHaDyCuBe321

@koko-goal said:

The days of Wii60 are back.

FTFY

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

That's actually pretty dope.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@Ant_17 said:

That is a lie @cainetao11, I was told by a fanboy that 99% of PS4 owners do not give a shit about crossplay and that they will never care about it!

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ant_17

@Xabiss said:
@cainetao11 said:

That is a lie @cainetao11, I was told by a fanboy that 99% of PS4 owners do not give a shit about crossplay and that they will never care about it!

Yeah, we don't care.

Guess we just wait and see what happens with this.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BenjaminBanklin
@cainetao11 said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@Ant_17 said:

PS4 owners do NOT give a shit about this, except for Greg Miller's coward ass. Because he doesn't want people getting mad at him. "They'll take away my donation money. BOO HOO!". I don't give a damn about playing with Xbox and Switch gamers myself.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:

The console with the worst graphics and the console with the lowest sales just got married. They gotta come together to fight Sony somehow.

Isn't that what you guys do with all consoles when trying to compete with PC?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@Ant_17 said:

PS4 owners do NOT give a shit about this, except for Greg Miller's coward ass. Because he doesn't want people getting mad at him. "They'll take away my donation money. BOO HOO!". I don't give a damn about playing with Xbox and Switch gamers myself.

So Gregg Miller is the only PS4 owner that cares about crossplay.

You know what that is don't you...

It's

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BenjaminBanklin
@GarGx1 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I have a PC. It's dumb to expect consoles to be on the same level. Go back and try another angle, please.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@GarGx1 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I have a PC. It's dumb to expect consoles to be on the same level. Go back and try another angle, please.

It was a question, not an "angle".

Though it is what console only guys do in here though isn't it? Or am I just imagining that, several hundred times a year?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

If Nintendo and MS care so much about cross-play then they should go ahead and put their first party games on every platform. Pretending to be pro-consumer by embracing cross-play while still being anti-consumer and restricting their first party games to their own hardware (and OS in the case of MS putting them on PC) is hypocritical.

If I was Sony I would only allow cross-play when they decide to put Halo and Mario on PS4.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@boycie said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@Ant_17 said:

It's

A lot of current PS4 owners jumped off the Xbox bandwagon. They don't give a shit what happens on there. Let MS stew in their own juices with that haven of broken games. It's not like there's a lack of players anywhere.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA What do people expect? With the media and gamers bringing up how Anti-consumer it is to NOT allow this, of course those that do will prostitute it. LMAO These two aren't afraid to just say "this is our product, we have faith in it enough to let people play with each other". HAHAHAHAHA

Anti consumer is lucking free to play games under a paywall..

Which you don't care about since it is your lovable MS doing it..lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Why does this have to be about Sony? It would be great if the PS4 did have cross-play but I'm sure most PS4 owners have no problem playing with their friends given how huge portion of the market the PS4 has.

Personally, I think cross-play is really progressive and a good idea. I don't see why not from a gamer perspective; If the game is on all platforms, why not have cross-play? I think it's a cool idea and this trailer is really nice.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Now if only Nintendo would make it so you could use Xbox One controllers as Switch controllers...

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BenjaminBanklin
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

If Nintendo and MS care so much about cross-play then they should go ahead and put their first party games on every platform. Pretending to be pro-consumer by embracing cross-play while still being anti-consumer and restricting their first party games to their own hardware (and OS in the case of MS putting them on PC) is hypocritical.

If I was Sony I would only allow cross-play when they decide to put Halo and Mario on PS4.

Exactly. NOTHING else is anti-consumer in the industry except this right now.

MS putting free-to-play games behind a paywall isn't anti-consumer

Nintendo never lowering the prices of their games and charging full price for ports isn't anti-consumer

This is two companies trying to weaponize their fandoms and the media to try and weaken Sony's position in the market, period. Sony's not gonna get tricked by this. In fact, I would be HIGHLY disappointed in Sony if they caved in.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

More on topic- I wonder if Microsoft owning Minecraft has anything to do with this. Like are they trying to gimp the PS4 version? Has the PS4 version been getting any updates in the past year?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@tormentos said:
@cainetao11 said:

Anti consumer is lucking free to play games under a paywall..

Which you don't care about since it is your lovable MS doing it..lol

That is anti-consumer 'as well'!

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

If this is what it takes for me to be able to play Minecraft and Fortnite with my PS4-only buddies, I applaud this kind of marketing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Nintendo never lowering the prices of their games and charging full price for ports isn't anti-consumer

This is two companies trying to weaponize their fandoms and the media to try and weaken Sony's position in the market, period. Sony's not gonna get tricked by this. In fact, I would be HIGHLY disappointed in Sony if they caved in.

There are loads of anti-consumer stuff going on and I do think the amount of criticism Sony is getting for this is unfair but that being said, I would still like Sony to embrace it in future. Like I said before, the games are multi-platform anyway so why not? Nearly everything can play Minecraft at this point.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sHaDyCuBe321

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@boycie said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

It's

A lot of current PS4 owners jumped off the Xbox bandwagon. They don't give a shit what happens on there. Let MS stew in their own juices with that haven of broken games. It's not like there's a lack of players anywhere.

And plenty of them probably have friends that game on Xbox and they'd probably appreciate playing with them as well.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#39 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321: Wait ? Minecraft

Are people really still playing that?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@jumpaction said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

There are loads of anti-consumer stuff going on and I do think the amount of criticism Sony is getting for this is unfair but that being said, I would still like Sony to embrace it in future. Like I said before, the games are multi-platform anyway so why not? Nearly everything can play Minecraft at this point.

There's no reason to convince him, especially if you're trying to play as an apologist! I've seen you talking bad about me with your new best friend AzatiS!

LOL that BenjaminBanklin is still screeching over this!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

You have got to be the BIGGESt fanboy to hate on this. Along with that this is why monopolies in gaming is NOT good whether it be Sony, MS or even Nintendo.

On another note I hope Nintendo allows Banjo in Smash. Like the relation Nintendo and MS have.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tormentos

@cainetao11 said:

Meanwhile xbox fans can't play Fortnite without paying MS.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tormentos

@boycie said:

That is anti-consumer 'as well'!

Great now make a thread and make all the fuss you lemmings do for sony but for MS.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FireEmblem_Man
@Sgt_Crow said:

If this is what it takes for me to be able to play Minecraft and Fortnite with my PS4-only buddies, I applaud this kind of marketing.

You're the only sane PS4 gamer here! I salute you!

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#45 adsparky  Online
Member since 2006 • 2563 Posts

The sad thing here is that more than ever Sony can't go back down because it will deem them as being weak and their competitors know that and will keep pushing and pushing.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cainetao11

@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Oh i'm sure if this keeps up they might do crossplay. But i don't see that happening, since this is just a strong arm attempt.

LOL Star Wars Battlefront 2 with all the online hate for the pay 2 win loot boxes still sold 7+million copies. So an Internet uprising can impact anyone, even a profit holder.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@FireEmblem_Man: My best buddy that I spent the majority of today arguing with over being obnoxiously rude? :P Could have fooled me.

I'm sorry. I just don't read many of your posts. I read the sales data you post because I'm interested in seeing what the market looks like but yeah, I don't read it. I'm not interested in the cows/lems/sheep shtick or any of the fanboy stuff.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ant_17

@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:

LOL Star Wars Battlefront 2 with all the online hate for the pay 2 win loot boxes still sold 7+million copies. So an Internet uprising can impact anyone, even a profit holder.

Yeah, Sony isn't hunted by the goverment over crossplay, so i'm not sure how this compares to BF2.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BenjaminBanklin
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@jumpaction said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

There's no reason to convince him, especially if you're trying to play as an apologist! I've seen you talking bad about me with your new best friend AzatiS!

LOL that BenjaminBanklin is still screeching over this!

Who's screeching? I'm not the one on Twitter screaming at companies whose products I don't want to buy to force them to change a policy that doesn't benefit them like the Nintendo weirdos.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@sHaDyCuBe321: Yeah Wii60 lives on!