Ninja Theory's new game has been leaked

• 117 results
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#1 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12873 posts) -

https://xboxer.sk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Bleeding-Edge-E3-trailer-leaked-XboxerSK.mp4

For everyone who compared this studio to Naughty Dog after MS bought them last year all I want to say is

This is why you always wait and see with MS because they always seem to force their studios to make cartoony MP shit like this that nobody asks for.

#2 Posted by watercrack445 (1714 posts) -

Lol

Tsk, tsk, tsk Microsoft will never learn.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#3 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4853 posts) -

So Overwatch meets Powerstone with uglier characters. So much for getting a good single-player experience from this dev ever again. RIP Ninja Theory.

#4 Posted by Ant_17 (12701 posts) -

Pfft, Battleborn 2.

#5 Posted by SecretPolice (35358 posts) -

Unholy cowzerzzz, 10/10, day mofo one... Baby!! ;P

#6 Edited by Chutebox (44698 posts) -

Not working for me.

Edit: Nevermind, reloaded and it's going.

#7 Posted by Renegade_Fury (20622 posts) -

Looks like Anarchy Reigns but less fun.

#8 Posted by Chutebox (44698 posts) -

Not big into fighters anymore, but looks like it can be fun. I'm not seeing an issue.

#9 Posted by Fedor (5265 posts) -

Ninja Theory has never been good. This looking disappointing should come as no surprise.

#10 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12873 posts) -
@fedor said:

Ninja Theory has never been good. This looking disappointing should come as no surprise.

I said before that their track record is nothing special. Not sure why a studio that made Heavenly Sword, the worst DMC game that nearly killed the series and Hellblade was being hyped up as a major acquisition.

#11 Posted by XVision84 (16318 posts) -

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but Microsoft sorely needs some quality singleplayer content. That seemed to be right up Ninja Theory's alley.

If this is the game they wanted to make and they're confident in it then I can get behind it.

#12 Posted by pdogg93 (1651 posts) -

LOL. Xbox getting rekt per usual.

I’ll queue up the lem responses:

“Phil Spencer promised to let the studios have creative freedom”

“Phil Spencer just acquired the studios, will take a few years to see the fruits of their labour”

“Wow I can’t wait for this generic online beat em up filled with micro transactions! Will buy day 1 to support the small guy MS”

Lolxbox. Always a joke, and will continue to always be.

#14 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5594 posts) -

So is someone else going to tell the TC this game was in development before MS bought them, or do I have to?

Is MS even publishing this game?

#15 Edited by Pedro (35392 posts) -

LOL. The usual suspects calling suckage on the game. If the game is cancelled they will be the first to say how much they were interested and it was a game changer. (Scalebound)LMAO.

#16 Posted by lamprey263 (36174 posts) -

Can't watch video now, but on gameplay design side I always felt they were substandard but managed to keep my attention with ability to tell a good story.

#17 Edited by warmblur (2762 posts) -

What a joke. lol

#18 Posted by pdogg93 (1651 posts) -

@Pedro: I see you’re mad that this is one of the many flops MS will continue to produce.

#19 Posted by Pedro (35392 posts) -

@pdogg93 said:

@Pedro: I see you’re mad that this is one of the many flops MS will continue to produce.

Mad? That's odd. I didn't look at the video. I just saw your herd complaining which is a good sign.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
#20 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (4128 posts) -

Looks like Microsoft are going to lose E3 despite being the only ones there

TLHBO

#21 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12873 posts) -

Some salt from the usual suspects as MS has already shit the bed before E3 has even started. Sony won't be there and there's already a good chance MS still won't win.

#22 Posted by Ant_17 (12701 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag: 1 exclusive down, 13 to go and we already started weak.

#24 Edited by ThatDBFan (412 posts) -

Question: Are you cows even aware that this game was in development long before MS bought this studio?

Also, I'm personally, as an Xbox fan, not big into this sort of game, but I see nothing wrong with it. And the cows are already jumping on the MS hate traing without actually using common sense. Must be a good game then xD.

#25 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12873 posts) -
@Ant_17 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: 1 exclusive down, 13 to go and we already started weak.

We can already guess what most of the remaining are. They won't all be new games. Sea of Thieves DLC, Halo Reach being added to MCC, Minecraft (lol), Gears Tactics, Gears 5, Halo Infinite, Ori 2, Battletoads, Forza something and now Bleeding Edge makes 10.

This shit ain't looking good.

#26 Posted by pdogg93 (1651 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/376/407/1e8.jpg

#27 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (955 posts) -

How do you go from Hellblade as an independent studio to this trash? 😂 The Microsoft effect.

😂😂😂 TLHBO. All the lems hyping these clowns as the MS team to take on Naughty Dog have egg on their faces now.

Sony doesn't even have to be at E3 with future flops like this coming from MS.

#28 Posted by Ovirew (9097 posts) -

I get people might be disappointed because it's a multiplayer game and this is a company known for single-player stuff, but maybe it'll be a decent game?

I guess my thing is, it looks a bit like a clone of Overwatch and Fortnite in a way, but from a gameplay perspective it might be a bit different.

#29 Posted by ellos (2051 posts) -

That actually looks good.

#30 Posted by ni6htmare01 (3789 posts) -

oooh.. I'm disappointed.. Come on.. I'm keep looking for reason to buy Xbox this gen.. looks like I have to wait till Next Gen and see if they can offer me something I like!

#31 Posted by DrLostRib (5022 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

This is why you always wait and see with MS because they always seem to force their studios to make cartoony MP shit like this that nobody asks for.

...except these are the people that made Kung Fu Chaos and state they would want to make a sequel to it. And also have mentioned that they had previously pitched an online melee combat game but couldn't find a publisher.

#32 Posted by robert_sparkes (3222 posts) -

Why don't ms just allow ninja theory to do what they do best Single player experiences. Ms baffle me.

#33 Posted by Nike_Air (19328 posts) -

Probably not my cup of tea. Oh well.

#34 Posted by Shewgenja (21456 posts) -

Please, someone tell me this is a joke.

#35 Posted by DrLostRib (5022 posts) -

@robert_sparkes said:

Why don't ms just allow ninja theory to do what they do best Single player experiences. Ms baffle me.

before Hellblade they were working on a Games as a service, Co-op multiplayer game that they still own the IP for. So perhaps MS isn't really forcing them towards multiplayer

#36 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6844 posts) -

Again ninja theory learn how to make a good character model. They look so ugly. Whateves not interested.

#37 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (955 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Please, someone tell me this is a joke.

I can assure you it's not an out of season April Fool's joke 😂

#38 Posted by Shewgenja (21456 posts) -

@drlostrib: Good to know, but wow, you have to admit the timing is uncannily bad.

#39 Posted by 2mrw (5868 posts) -

Could be cool but not my cup of tea

#41 Posted by ThatDBFan (412 posts) -

@robert_sparkes said:

This game was in development before Microsoft bought them.

#42 Edited by PC_Rocks (2553 posts) -

@fedor said:

They weren't good to begin with. The only reason they were hyped is because they tackled mental issues in their latest game even though the actual gameplay is garbage.

#43 Edited by phbz (4566 posts) -

I think this is a side project, but disappointed nonetheless.

#44 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

Why do they always make these edgy over the top games? Can't MS do something more "normal"?

This looks like Overwatch on a edgy over the top diet.

#45 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@thatdbfan said:

Question: Are you cows even aware that this game was in development long before MS bought this studio?

Also, I'm personally, as an Xbox fan, not big into this sort of game, but I see nothing wrong with it. And the cows are already jumping on the MS hate traing without actually using common sense. Must be a good game then xD.

The problem with it is that overwatch and apex legends already exist and this looks like a worse version of those games.

#46 Posted by ThatDBFan (412 posts) -

@calvincfb: True. But main point was that people above are saying the game looks the way it does because of MS, but this game was being rumored to be in development before MS bought them.

#47 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (19131 posts) -

If this is legit, then that's massively disappointing... Xbox needs more SP games, not MP.

But I'll reserve judgement until we know if its legit. I can't imagine a studio like Ninja Theory making a MP-only game with a style like that. For MS's sake, I hope this is fake or not the only game they're working on.

#48 Posted by briguyb13 (3118 posts) -

Gawd, Microsoft, we don't need more Overwatch and Apex Legends clones.

#50 Edited by Archangel3371 (28349 posts) -

I think it looks really cool and could be a lot of fun.

Also LMAO at the usual suspects in this thread saying that Microsoft is “forcing” them to make this game. They love talking **** about things they know nothing about.