Ninja Gaiden 2 Screens

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Forza_2
Member since 2007 • 3083 Posts

That's his costume from the original Ninja Gaiden games.

can't remain faithful to the series' roots without that.

Dreams-Visions

lol

I was talking about NG on the Xbox. While he does start with that costume, it doesn't last for very long, sadly. (Fortunately, there's a cheat to keep that original blue one)

I don't have a problem with that original one.

amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 amorbis1001
Member since 2007 • 2281 Posts
lol it looks like sigma but I think the texture will be an upgrade (sigma textures were low res xbox textures)
funolopy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 funolopy
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts

I do not buy this arguement. I do not see PS3 surpassing anything, want to know why? RAM.....a console is only as good as its RAM and both consoles have a limited amount of RAM with X360 having a bit more due to more RAM for PS3 operating system. In fact X360 overall system bandwith is a little better than PS3 as well. Sorry PS3 isn't going to blow anything away and thats not only inevitable, its FACT.

its also fact that PS3 GAMES are the only ones breaking gounds technically this generation.

MUD & physics- MotorStorm

Facial animation and animation- HS

BEAUTIFUL & large scale worlds, transcend seamlessly from sky to land- Warhawk, Lair

Pixar quality Graphics and animation- Ratchet and Clank

and don't even make me list, GTS (most real looking simulation game), KZ2 (looks above 360 games-Play good?

To me graphics are more than just pretty textures, its the whole package- large worlds, physics, artistry, animation, cinematic effect and production values. And yes, Gears looks amazing, but the levels aren't that big is it, and only 4 NPC on screen at once, then the game begins to slow down). The 360 has reached is limits, we can all stop pretending it hasn't.

Fact is we are already seeing PS3 leading in new graphics texhiques- 2008 the 360 cannot compete on a graphical level it the PS3 has already surpassedit in the first year.

[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="funolopy"]

this is funny-

Killzone 2 is the best looking console game (apart from GT5), however it was a few texture problems. Ps3 fans say its in pre alpha an has over 8-10 month more of dev time to sort out its graphics issues. But Xbox famboys try digging into the game saying it won't look no better.

now for some reason NG2 looks like NGS, and you see now- the Xbox fans are now also saying ohh it early development it'll look better in 8 months time. All i wanna say is fanboys should watch their asses cos it doesn't make sense the downplay a rival console games graphics when your console has already reached its peak.

NG2 will not look any better than NGS nor HS, and these are 1st generation games on PS3- 360 has reached its peak too quickly. PS3s second year will be a year of revelation- deny as much as you want- you can't stop the inevitable.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]

That's his costume from the original Ninja Gaiden games.

can't remain faithful to the series' roots without that.

Forza_2

lol

I was talking about NG on the Xbox. While he does start with that costume, it doesn't last for very long, sadly. (Fortunately, there's a cheat to keep that original blue one)

I don't have a problem with that original one.

got it.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Dreams-Visions
lol it looks like sigma but I think the texture will be an upgrade (sigma textures were low res xbox textures)amorbis1001
Sigmas textures were good. Most people simply didn't zoom in to notice. Generally speaking, Team Ninja doesn't do a ton of textures anyway.
funolopy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 funolopy
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts

[QUOTE="funolopy"]

this is funny-

Killzone 2 is the best looking console game (apart from GT5), however it was a few texture problems. Ps3 fans say its in pre alpha an has over 8-10 month more of dev time to sort out its graphics issues. But Xbox famboys try digging into the game saying it won't look no better.

now for some reason NG2 looks like NGS, and you see now- the Xbox fans are now also saying ohh it early development it'll look better in 8 months time. All i wanna say is fanboys should watch their asses cos it doesn't make sense the downplay a rival console games graphics when your console has already reached its peak.

NG2 will not look any better than NGS nor HS, and these are 1st generation games on PS3- 360 has reached its peak too quickly. PS3s second year will be a year of revelation- deny as much as you want- you can't stop the inevitable.

Danthegamingman

I do not buy this arguement. I do not see PS3 surpassing anything, want to know why? RAM.....a console is only as good as its RAM and both consoles have a limited amount of RAM with X360 having a bit more due to more RAM for PS3 operating system. In fact X360 overall system bandwith is a little better than PS3 as well. Sorry PS3 isn't going to blow anything away and thats not only inevitable, its FACT.

its also fact that PS3 GAMES are the only ones breaking gounds technically this generation.

MUD & physics- MotorStorm

Facial animation and animation- HS

BEAUTIFUL & large scale worlds, transcend seamlessly from sky to land- Warhawk, Lair

Pixar quality Graphics and animation- Ratchet and Clank

and don't even make me list, GTS (most real looking simulation game), KZ2 (looks above 360 games-Play good?

To me graphics are more than just pretty textures, its the whole package- large worlds, physics, artistry, animation, cinematic effect and production values. And yes, Gears looks amazing, but the levels aren't that big is it, and only 4 NPC on screen at once, then the game begins to slow down). The 360 has reached is limits, we can all stop pretending it hasn't.

Fact is we are already seeing PS3 leading in new graphics texhiques- 2008 the 360 cannot compete on a graphical level it the PS3 has already surpassedit in the first year.

[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="funolopy"]

this is funny-

djord02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#157 djord02
Member since 2003 • 1495 Posts
Those screens look pretty awesome. Ninja Gaiden was one of the best games for the original Xbox. Can't wait for this one.
amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 amorbis1001
Member since 2007 • 2281 Posts

[QUOTE="amorbis1001"]lol it looks like sigma but I think the texture will be an upgrade (sigma textures were low res xbox textures)Dreams-Visions
Sigmas textures were good. Most people simply didn't zoom in to notice. Generally speaking, Team Ninja doesn't do a ton of textures anyway.

Yeah some of the textures look good but have you played the xbox version and the ps3 version sidse to side, most of the textures are reused, witht the same resulotion, but I gotta admit sigma still looks prety damn good. When you coulds see the difference.

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#159 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

Those screens look pretty awesome. Ninja Gaiden was one of the best games for the original Xbox. Can't wait for this one.djord02

They've put a big smile on my face :D (see)

I can't see what people are biatching about, those screens look a lot better than Sigma which is run on a system with twice the power of the 360 :lol:

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts

there is no point discussing the gameplay here, is it???!!!! :|lohithbms

Great is already a given

smackbang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#161 smackbang
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts
We all knew this was coming, Why did you think they released Sigma? its obvious they built Sigma's engine as a demo for NG2.
silverjiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 silverjiken
Member since 2005 • 2162 Posts
LOL and lemmings bashed Zigma for its graphics:lol:
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 SgtWhiskeyjack

LOL and lemmings bashed Zigma for its graphics:lol:silverjiken

:| Did we?

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Dreams-Visions

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="amorbis1001"]lol it looks like sigma but I think the texture will be an upgrade (sigma textures were low res xbox textures)amorbis1001

Yeah some of the textures look good but have you played the xbox version and the ps3 version sidse to side, most of the textures are reused, witht the same resulotion, but I gotta admit sigma still looks prety damn good. When you coulds see the difference.

I own Black, and run it through VGA on my HDTV.

I have the demo for Sigma, and run it through HDMI on the same TV.

I went to the same rooms and forced the camera to pan in on the character. the difference in detail is astounding. Sigma is almost too clean.

Shame the PS3 owners didn't jump at the opportunity to get Sigma. Still by far the best game on the console.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Dreams-Visions

[QUOTE="silverjiken"]LOL and lemmings bashed Zigma for its graphics:lol:SgtWhiskeyjack

Absolutely. It never really escaped the gravity created by looking like NGB.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#166 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

this is funny-

funolopy

PS3 games will never look better than 360 games. There are some things that only the GPU can do and 360's GPU is above RSX. 48 stream processors vs. 32. The proof is in the pudding kids!

dispator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 dispator
Member since 2005 • 570 Posts

People...People stop complaining the game hasnt even been officialyshown LOL

I personaly hype this game AAA couse i know ill enjoy it and that it will be pure satisfaction chopping up your opponents:) and how ever it looks any fan of the series will too,this game isnt about the graphics anyway those are sort of just a bonus...anyways i think it will probably look somewhat better than sigma,a whole different team is developing this one after all!

Only thing im hoping for is that they include some form of coop or something,:question: i wonder how something like that would work but i know id love it!!

silverjiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 silverjiken
Member since 2005 • 2162 Posts

[QUOTE="silverjiken"]LOL and lemmings bashed Zigma for its graphics:lol:SgtWhiskeyjack

PLZ dont act like you guys didnt...

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Dreams-Visions

People...People stop complaining the game hasnt even been officialyshown LOL

I personaly hype this game AAA couse i know ill enjoy it and that it will be pure satisfaction chopping up your opponents:) and how ever it looks any fan of the series will too,this game isnt about the graphics anyway those are sort of just a bonus...anyways i think it will probably look somewhat better than sigma,a whole different team is developing this one after all!

Only thing im hoping for is that they include some form of coop or something,:question: i wonder how something like that would work but i know id love it!!

dispator

hard for me to believe it won't be AAA.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"][QUOTE="funolopy"]

this is funny-

silverjiken

PS3 games will never look better than 360 games. There are some things that only the GPU can do and 360's GPU is above RSX. 48 stream processors vs. 32. The proof is in the pudding kids!

lol...

oh my.

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 SgtWhiskeyjack
[QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"]

[QUOTE="silverjiken"]LOL and lemmings bashed Zigma for its graphics:lol:silverjiken

PLZ dont act like you guys didnt...

I didn't. Trawl all my posts if you don't believe me.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts

Yup,I remember claims of it's graphics being a mere "more polish" to Ninja Gaiden Black's visuals. I love Ninja Gaiden,but the graphics here are not what I expected;They look very similar to Sigma.
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
looks very good. hmm makes me want to go and buy sigma.
Jokul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#175 Jokul
Member since 2003 • 1677 Posts

Could you chop people up like that in Ninja Gaiden or Sigma, I must have had the option turned off I never saw that before.

Nice shots cheers for posting them PS3ownsyou

ken_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#176 ken_gamer
Member since 2003 • 7522 Posts
looks very good. hmm makes me want to go and buy sigma.Kook18
This has nothing to do with the topic but may I ask where that guy in your avatar's from and what it's about? It's kinda funny.
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Kook18
[QUOTE="Kook18"]looks very good. hmm makes me want to go and buy sigma.ken_gamer
This has nothing to do with the topic but may I ask where that guy in your avatar's from and what it's about? It's kinda funny.

in my sig
ken_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#178 ken_gamer
Member since 2003 • 7522 Posts
[QUOTE="ken_gamer"][QUOTE="Kook18"]looks very good. hmm makes me want to go and buy sigma.Kook18

in my sig

It's hilarious you made a blog post for this. But that's just how cool your avatar is.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#179 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Looking pretty bloody.
Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

Yup,I remember claims of it's graphics being a mere "more polish" to Ninja Gaiden Black's visuals. Dualshockin

I also remember that. The graphics are great (on NG: Sigma and NG2), but they are also very disapointing at the same time.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"] Yup,I remember claims of it's graphics being a mere "more polish" to Ninja Gaiden Black's visuals. Mass_Effect

I also remember that. The graphics are great (on NG: Sigma and NG2), but they are also very disapointing at the same time.

Exactly.
Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
I remember itagaki saying
the gore in gears of war is very american, i cant imagine my self doing that
correct me if im wrong
but isnt itagaki going against his own words?,i think NG has a good amount of gore but seriously all that blood is over board for ninja gaiden IMO

oh well i know its gonna rawk!! grats lemms
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#183 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
Looks like a multiplat game. It doesn't come close to "destroying" NGS, but it still has some great gore effects. I look forward to playing this, Sixaxis in hand.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"] Yup,I remember claims of it's graphics being a mere "more polish" to Ninja Gaiden Black's visuals. Dualshockin

Exactly.

Don't see how people can be so disappointed. Team Ninja's art style is what it is. You don't go to Salvador Dali demanding art that looks like DaVinci.

It is what it is. Wait until you see this game in motion.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Ninja Gaiden 2 looks like an upgraded Ninja Gaiden Sigma which looks like an upgraded Ninja Gaiden Black, simple as that.

Valveknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Valveknight
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
HELL YEAH!!!!!!!

That looks effein sweet, I can't wait to play!
Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
Theirs barely any diffrence in NGS and NG2
i just hope it comes out for PS3 XD
Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

Don't see how people can be so disappointed. Team Ninja's art style is what it is. You don't go to Salvador Dali demanding art that looks like DaVinci.

Dreams-Visions

I am disappointed with the graphics because Ninja Gaiden was one of the best looking games last gen; but this gen there are plenty of games that look better than NG Sigma and NG2.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"] Yup,I remember claims of it's graphics being a mere "more polish" to Ninja Gaiden Black's visuals. Dreams-Visions

Exactly.

It is what it is. Wait until you see this game in motion.

We are disappointed because we expected it to look much better than Sigma. I'm more of a Jacques-Louis David fan.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]

Mass_Effect

I am disappointed with the graphics because Ninja Gaiden was one of the best looking games last gen; but this gen there are plenty of games that look better than NG Sigma and NG2.

100% Accurate,looking like NGS doesn't mean it looks bad,it simply means it isn't the best looking title this gen like it's brother was last.
Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Forza_2
Member since 2007 • 3083 Posts

We are disappointed because we expected it to look much better than Sigma. I'm more of a Jacques-Louis David fan.Dualshockin

NG:S was on the PS3 not on the Xbox.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Dualshockin
Looks like a multiplat game. It doesn't come close to "destroying" NGS, but it still has some great gore effects. I look forward to playing this, Sixaxis in hand.Timstuff
I was thinking something similar,maybe the game will come to the Ps3...
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"]We are disappointed because we expected it to look much better than Sigma. I'm more of a Jacques-Louis David fan.Forza_2

NG:S was on the PS3 not on the Xbox.

Yes,I still expected TN to make NG2 a graphical masterpiece,regardless of which system the game will be on.
DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts

Who cares if it looks like Sigma, not like it's a bad thing; NG is praised more for it's tight gameplay. We should be taking Team Ninja's graphical talent for granted by now.

Ryu's a great ninja, but really after 3 sequels, I was ready to try another ninja like Hayate, Kasumi or Ayane. But I guess I can manage.

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Haha, looks just like Sigma.

That's pathetic.

Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Kook18

That's pathetic.

inertk
you're saying sigma looks pathetic? someone needs glasses.
kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 kankthetank
Member since 2003 • 4212 Posts

Some of the comments on this thread are just plain ridiculous. What's next? "ZOMG teh enemy AI looks bad in deeZ piczz!!"

omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
[QUOTE="inertk"]

That's pathetic.

Kook18
you're saying sigma looks pathetic? someone needs glasses.

:lol: seriously. sigma looked awesome. poor noob
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#199 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

i doubt they'l get away with that much violence in the final version...

the same as sigma?? sigma looked nothing like the shots shown like these and i doubt this game on the 360 will be any different but i do know the second game will have better graphics than the xbox versions and the ps3 version.

kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 kankthetank
Member since 2003 • 4212 Posts

Btw, you missed a couple of pics: