Ni No Kuni PS3 Demo impressions and thoughts?

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

So the demo just came out yesterday for the upcoming PS3 Exclusive Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and i must say the game is beautiful and gorgeous! it felt like i was into an anime movie and not a video game, everything about the game felt very nostalgic to me from the battle system to the soundtrack to even the world map.

The game got this "classic RPG" element into it, in the game and in the battle system you are able to control either Oliver or one of the creatures you find along your journey and capture ( similar to pokemon), battles are in real time and everything is right there for you to chsoe from, magical attacks in the game and from the fights i played been greatly helpful, defending in the game is a must ( boses arent easy) so you have to know when to defend not to mention defending and attacking well could give you the chance to unlock a set of ultimate attacks.

The Demo had two complete segments, one which shows you the game ( game is beautiful!!), the battle system, the soundtrack, the characters, the monsters, boses, unlocks, healing, etc while the other segment or section shows you a major boss battle with multiple monsters on your side.

This game is a straight up must buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demo ( see me playing the game :P): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrWCTZRYyFw&feature=youtu.be

NI NO KUNI Only on PS3 next year Jan 22nd. 2013

JRPG of the year 2013? i sure think so!

GO DOWNLOAD THE DEMO NOW

What are ur thoughts if you played the Demo?

Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-Of-The-White-Witch-cove

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
I wish I still had room on my HDD for demos.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
i forgot people were waiting for this game....
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

ive learned that rpg demo's never are fun. its probably going to be fun but i don't know if i want to dl it

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Studio Ghibli charm + fairly interesting battle system = very fun

I enjoyed it a lot.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
*waits for sniper*
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#7 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I typically don't play JRPG's that have a 10 year old as the main protagonist, but I'm optomistic.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

Why do you mention the words "PS3", "Playstation", "Exclusive" and "Only on" so many times?

I seriously do not believe you are over the age of 18+. 18+ usually have larger vocabularies.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 finalstar2007

Why do you mention the words "PS3", "Playstation", "Exclusive" and "Only on" so many times?

I seriously do not believe you are over the age of 18+. 18+ usually have larger vocabularies.

Crazyguy105

On the tags you mean?? well why not mention it? the more things i cover in the tags the better.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Looks so good.

Crazyguy105
Because finalstar lol
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 finalstar2007

Studio Ghibli charm + fairly interesting battle system = very fun

I enjoyed it a lot.

yokofox33

Yoko, been a while since the last time i saw you in here.. same here btw it was lots of fun

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Game hasn't grabbed my interest pesonally, but I'll play the demo.

Though the last time I played a demo, it was for the new DMC and I played that for maybe two minutes before stopping and deleting it from my hard drive.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

Oh, nice! I haven't turned on my PS3 in forever, but I've been looking forward to this game very much!

Thanks for a useful thread Finalstar, I hope you make more lol.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DarkLink77

Oh, nice! I haven't turned on my PS3 in forever, but I've been looking forward to this game very much!

sandbox3d
This is a once in a lifetime thing. Don't get used to it.
sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

Though the last time I played a demo, it was for the new DMC and I played that for maybe two minutes before stopping and deleting it from my harddrive.

DarkLink77

RPG demos usually suck too, so I'm not expecting this one to impress. Still interested to check it out though.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts
I'll get it when it's $20
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 finalstar2007

Though the last time I played a demo, it was for the new DMC and I played that for maybe two minutes before stopping and deleting it from my harddrive.

DarkLink77

I also rarely play demos due to spoilers but for this game i had to play it and try it out for myself.

btw DMC demo was bad, really bad

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 finalstar2007

sandbox3d

Anytime :)

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 finalstar2007

I'll get it when it's $20ninjapirate2000

I dont think it will ever go down to $20, JRPGs tend to get extremely rare after release not to mention most JRPGs go up in price rather than going down in price after months from release.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

finalstar2007

I also rarely play demos due to spoilers but for this game i had to play it and try it out for myself.

I like demos a lot. Let's me try before plopping down $60, which I am less and less likely to do nowadays having been disappointed so many times. Demos introduced me to games I love, like Ninja Gaiden. Love me some demos. But yeah, the DMC demo was atrocious. Felt so... wrong.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="ninjapirate2000"]I'll get it when it's $20finalstar2007

I dont think it will ever go down to $20, JRPGs tend to get extremely rare after release not to mention most JRPGs go up in price rather than going down in price after months from release.

It'll hit $20 at some point. The trick is just following the game closely enough so you can get it cheap, which usually happens right before it becomes stupid rare.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

The demo corrupted my PS3 so can't say that I've gotten a chance to try it out.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#23 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

I like demos a lot. Let's me try before plopping down $60, which I am less and less likely to do nowadays having been disappointed so many times. Demos introduced me to games I love, like Ninja Gaiden. Love me some demos. But yeah, the DMC demo was atrocious. Felt so... wrong.

I actually fell in love with Uncharted 1 with its demo at Target when I didn't own any system from this generation. I used to drive there a few times a week, buy some things, and just play the demo. The people in that Target's electronics section knew who I was pretty soon and I swear would have probably had it set up for me if I came there any more often. It was the most sad, yet fun, thing ever.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
not downloading the demo. Dont need to play it to know it'll be great and day 1 purchase.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 finalstar2007

The demo corrupted my PS3 so can't say that I've gotten a chance to try it out.

Ragnarok1051

Oh this remind of the time when my PS3's HDD got corrupted ( few weeks ago) due to the stupid Medal of Honour demo, everything i had on it was gone so i was forced to get a 500GB HDD. best solution for HDD corruption is Cloud Storage!

hopefully ur HDD gets back to life

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Blabadon

I actually fell in love with Uncharted 1 with its demo at Target when I didn't own any system from this generation. I used to drive there a few times a week, buy some things, and just play the demo. The people in that Target's electronics section knew who I was pretty soon and I swear would have probably had it set up for me if I came there any more often. It was the most sad, yet fun, thing ever.

Now thats funny, i kind of did that with the Vita when they had it up and running 2 weeks before the official release.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

They should have put the tornament in the demo.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Pretty horrendous game.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

still need to try the demo. I think it looks pretty but im hoping the demo sells me on gameplay since from everythign iv seen it looks boring.

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

The game is extremely beautiful though(obviously). But I didn't like the demo much overall -- it seems a little on the clunky side combat wise. Attacking and defending doesn't feel as flexible as it should be...just flat out annoying for the hell of it.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 finalstar2007

still need to try the demo. I think it looks pretty but im hoping the demo sells me on gameplay since from everythign iv seen it looks boring.

finalfantasy94

Dont worry, the battle system, gameplay and everything is just fun. game reminded me of Dragon Quest 8 for some reason

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

The game is extremely beautiful though(obviously). But I didn't like the demo much overall -- it seems a little on the clunky side combat wise. Attacking and defending doesn't feel as flexible as it should be...just flat out annoying for the hell of it.

TecmoGirl
Don't remember the battle system changing much in the game. Also, what's with Victoria?
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 finalstar2007

TecmoGirl

Did you lose to the fights too much? :P.. you know by playing the second section of the game i found out you can switch between characters in the battle pretty easily ( by clicking L1), i thought we would only have 1 character to control only but the game turned out very flixible.

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TecmoGirl

Don't remember the battle system changing much in the game.
Also, what's with Victoria?

Dunno. Just feeling lazy I guess.

[QUOTE="TecmoGirl"]

finalstar2007

Did you lose to the fights too much? :P.. you know by playing the second section of the game i found out you can switch between characters in the battle pretty easily ( by clicking L1), i thought we would only have 1 character to control only but the game turned out very flixible.

lol! Yup! The first boss in the forest -- like 6 or 7 times before I finally got the hang of it. It's getting a little easier now though as I roam around fighting the randoms. I haven't played the second section just yet. But that's nice to know ahead of time.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Though the last time I played a demo, it was for the new DMC and I played that for maybe two minutes before stopping and deleting it from my hard drive.

DarkLink77

2 minutes? That doesn't seem fair or logical

in any case, Ni No Kuni has some great potential, but it really is hard to tell with RPG demos. You really need to get the sense of the entire package. Demos can't capture that.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I'm 50/50 on this game. I hated the "An errand for old father oak" part while I loved the "Eruption interruption" part.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#37 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

How is the plot... a boy trying to find his mom with a baby looking monster doesn't sound very good, imo. Between this and the moe games I really miss epic jrpgs like vagrant story, FF4,6,7,8,9,10, parasite eve, legend of dragoon etc... you know save the world with melee weapons, world maps and airships with great character deisgns and thrilling battle systems.

I was really bumbed when final fantasy tactics went all "kiddie" with baby looking monsters and a literal kindergarten plot for the gba versions. This game from first glance feels like that.

If I am wrong please fill me in, as I would love a great jrpg on console. Being playiing Persona 4 portable like crazy!

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Pikminmaniac

in any case, Ni No Kuni has some great potential, but it really is hard to tell with RPG demos. You really need to get the sense of the entire package. Demos can't capture that.

If you don't like a game, why play it? The combat in DMC felt off, and I'm not going to play a game like that when the combat doesn't feel good.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 finalstar2007

Don't remember the battle system changing much in the game.
Also, what's with Victoria?TecmoGirl

[QUOTE="TecmoGirl"]

finalstar2007

lol! Yup! The first boss in the forest -- like 6 or 7 times before I finally got the hang of it. It's getting a little easier now though as I roam around fighting the randoms. I haven't played the second section just yet. But that's nice to know ahead of time.

lmao, a friend of mine also kept losing too much to the tree guardian, she kept sending me messages last night on how hard it is which made me get even more excited for the game, when i played i was very surprised on how easy it was :P, i think its all about using magic and picking up the blue bubbles ( or use items ) some of the items we get give you 50MP points which shoulda helped you too to beat it pretty fast ( the video in the OP was me playing it on the first time) but wait till you go meet the second boss in the second section of the demo, that boss was tricky ( you should use water type monsters against it ).

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 finalstar2007

How is the plot... a boy trying to find his mom with a baby looking monster doesn't sound very good, imo. Between this and the moe games I really miss epic jrpgs like vagrant story, FF4,6,7,8,9,10, parasite eve, legend of dragoon etc... you know save the world with melee weapons, world maps and airships with great character deisgns and thrilling battle systems.

I was really bumbed when final fantasy tactics went all "kiddie" with baby looking monsters and a literal kindergarten plot for the gba versions. This game from first glance feels like that.

If I am wrong please fill me in, as I would love a great jrpg on console. Being playiing Persona 4 portable like crazy!

Midnightshade29

Please just try it man, you will NOT be disappointed.. this isnt Neptunia or a NISA game, this is a real JRPG, im sure you'll love it. its a demo and its free

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

If you don't like a game, why play it? The combat in DMC felt off, and I'm not going to play a game like that when the combat doesn't feel good.

But how can you truly know what a game offers if you don't give it a full chance. You might have missed something or maybe you were playing it without knowing all that you could do or how to handle situations in a certain way. IMHO it is impossible to get a proper impression of a game in less than 2 to 3 hours seriously playing it at the very least.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

watched some of the video, looks awesome. Probably gonna buy.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

I already preordered the wizard edition but I gotta say the graphics were not as crisp as I thought it would be especially the world map. Everything seemed kinda blurry

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Pikminmaniac

But how can you truly know what a game offers if you don't give it a full chance. You might have missed something or maybe you were playing it without knowing all that you could do or how to handle situations in a certain way. IMHO it is impossible to get a proper impression of a game in less than 2 to 3 hours seriously playing it at the very least.

That's probably true, but I just don't have that much patience. If you're game isn't entertaining me within 30 minutes, I'm not going to keep playing. I don't buy into the, "It gets better later on" stuff. Great games are great from the word go.
TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TecmoGirl

[QUOTE="TecmoGirl"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

lmao, a friend of mine also kept losing too much to the tree guardian, she kept sending me messages last night on how hard it is which made me get even more excited for the game, when i played i was very surprised on how easy it was :P, i think its all about using magic and picking up the blue bubbles ( or use items ) some of the items we get give you 50MP points which shoulda helped you too to beat it pretty fast ( the video in the OP was me playing it on the first time) but wait till you go meet the second boss in the second section of the demo, that boss was tricky ( you should use water type monsters against it ).

Just watched! And Wow! That fireball finish was awesome! < 3 I had no idea you could do that. I actually avoided picking up any of the glowing bubbles because of how close they were to him. I just kept attacking mostly from a distance with my small fireball. :P Glad you posted the vid with it -- definitely gave me more motivation to retry it now. Thnx for the heads up on the second boss. = )

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
I'm hoping this will be good but I'm skeptical, given Level 5's track record.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="TecmoGirl"]

TecmoGirl

Just watched! And Wow! That fireball finish was awesome! < 3 I had no idea you could do that. I actually avoided picking up any of the glowing bubbles because of how close they were to him. I just kept attacking mostly from a distance with my small fireball. :P Glad you posted the vid with it -- definitely gave me more motivation to retry it now. Thnx for the heads up on the second boss. = )

lol no problem! glad you enjoyed it and yeah seems like this game will us lots of great unlocks and powers, looking forward to the full game and heres hoping you were able to handle the second boss :P

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts
probably the only PS3 exclusive I've been excited for since Demon's Souls (TLG doesn't really count any more I guess). I'll be trying it out when I get home.
Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

Game feels like dragon quest with pokemons but slighty kiddie, im more excited for xillia