Next Generation consoles Nintendo already behind?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GotNugz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GotNugz
Member since 2010 • 681 Posts

So if the latest rumors about the Wii successor are to be believed than i say nintendo has already shot themselves in the foot. so what we are looking at is a system with multiple touch screens on the controller(and assuming they keep or enhance motion controls) im not really sure how this is gonna work out. next there are rumors of a triple core cpu by AMD that is slightly more powerful than the 360/PS3 with 512MB DDR4 ram. there has not been much talk about the GPU side of things so i cant speculate there, but imo these are rather underwhelming numbers if proved correct. considering that it will most likely launch sometime in 2012 with hardware from 2005???

MS and Sony are finalizing their plans as we speak but they will be coming out with something much better than this(technically wise) Im assuming they will have at the minimum Blue Ray or maybe Ultraviolet ray sony has been working on.

core i7 - Octocore cpu@4.0ghz 2 thrads per core/ Cell2 with 24 SPE's

2 gigs minimum DDR6 sony might opt for Nvidia with some components of MAXWELL architecture(very interesting)

MS will maybe stick with AMD but rumors about collaberatin with Intel on SandyBridge or better.

thats enough for now can't say more without sounding like nostradomas but you can clearly see nintendo will be severly left behind again if they do this.

thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Well, they launched a console in 2006 with hardware of 2001 and did damn fine.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18259 Posts

Yeah, having an imaginary console is realy bad.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

If by behind you mean ahead then yeah.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
They could be stuck "between gens" like the Dreamcast. But they don't care about 3rd parties so not really a problem!
Snyper-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Snyper-007
Member since 2011 • 900 Posts

Nintendo should just stop creating baby sitting tools and focus on the core gamer

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Well that was quick.

GotNugz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GotNugz

Well, they launched a console in 2006 with hardware of 2001 and did damn fine.IronBass

but can they get away with doing that 2 generations in a row? we are already weeing more and more people opting for 360/ps3

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

Nintendo should just stop creating baby sitting tools and focus on the core gamer

Snyper-007
They don't spend enough money.
GotNugz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GotNugz

They could be stuck "between gens" like the Dreamcast. But they don't care about 3rd parties so not really a problem!locopatho

i guess you could be right but why limit yourself. how much does it cost to manufacture a 360 today they could easily use the profits they made over the past 5 years and come out with advanced hardware for 299-349.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="IronBass"]Well, they launched a console in 2006 with hardware of 2001 and did damn fine.GotNugz

but can they get away with doing that 2 generations in a row? we are already weeing more and more people opting for 360/ps3

Right now nobody knows exactly how powerful N6 will be yet, except "significantly" more powerful than PS3. The term being enigmatic.

darkhadou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darkhadou
Member since 2003 • 649 Posts

So if the latest rumors about the Wii successor are to be believed than i say nintendo has already shot themselves in the foot. so what we are looking at is a system with multiple touch screens on the controller(and assuming they keep or enhance motion controls) im not really sure how this is gonna work out. next there are rumors of a triple core cpu by AMD that is slightly more powerful than the 360/PS3 with 512MB DDR4 ram. there has not been much talk about the GPU side of things so i cant speculate there, but imo these are rather underwhelming numbers if proved correct. considering that it will most likely launch sometime in 2012 with hardware from 2005???

MS and Sony are finalizing their plans as we speak but they will be coming out with something much better than this(technically wise) Im assuming they will have at the minimum Blue Ray or maybe Ultraviolet ray sony has been working on.

2 gigs minimum DDR6 sony might opt for Nvidia with some components of MAXWELL architecture(very interesting)

MS will maybe stick with AMD but rumors about collaberatin with Intel on SandyBridge or better.

thats enough for now can't say more without sounding like nostradomas but you can clearly see nintendo will be severly left behind again if they do this.

thoughts?

GotNugz
From a business standpoint, Ninty is darned smart. The hardware of the ps3/X360 could easily do another 5-6 years; putting out awesome graphics and content. But MS and Sony quickly ran with the power race, while Ninty releases the GC with motion controls (which was apparently already 3D ready), and basically made up for the numbers that they hoped to do with it. Now they're about to release a new console, which would be cheaper than costs for the ps3/X360, while providing stronger CPU and motion controls/traditional controls. The funny "ipad" controller would most likely be 3D ready too. Lets see what happens.
GotNugz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GotNugz

[QUOTE="GotNugz"]

thoughts?

darkhadou

From a business standpoint, Ninty is darned smart. The hardware of the ps3/X360 could easily do another 5-6 years; putting out awesome graphics and content. But MS and Sony quickly ran with the power race, while Ninty releases the GC with motion controls (which was apparently already 3D ready), and basically made up for the numbers that they hoped to do with it. Now they're about to release a new console, which would be cheaper than costs for the ps3/X360, while providing stronger CPU and motion controls/traditional controls. The funny "ipad" controller would most likely be 3D ready too. Lets see what happens.

i guess its the buyers fault for getting suckered into buying the wii, or can we just call this milking. but remember these things have to last until 2018-2020, i hope nintendo does good they are a backbone of the industry

icyseanfitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 icyseanfitz
Member since 2006 • 2493 Posts

all ive heard is that it will be a good bit more powerful than either the 360 or ps3 what makes you so sure nintendo wont make a powerhouse? this is about the only gen nintendo went into with an under powered console, the GC was more powerful than the ps2, and the n64 was more powerful than the ps1

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
Well, they launched a console in 2006 with hardware of 2001 and did damn fine.IronBass
yes but that was down to motion controls. that was the advantage that won nintendo the console war. now that Sony and Microsoft have motion controls too the Wii is tanking in sales.
GotNugz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GotNugz

all ive heard is that it will be a good bit more powerful than either the 360 or ps3 what makes you so sure nintendo wont make a powerhouse? this is about the only gen nintendo went into with an under powered console, the GC was more powerful than the ps2, and the n64 was more powerful than the ps1

icyseanfitz

you are right that Nintendo usually have top notch hardware but if this is a reliable leak which i think it is than you cant be too impressed with a slight leap over current gen. but as they say the GPU is more important today than ever before so hopefully we will see a beast in there did they ever really release the specs on Hollywood?

icyseanfitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 icyseanfitz
Member since 2006 • 2493 Posts

have to say RAM is crucial as well, 512mb just isnt enough these days, and any gpu under a gtx 480 just wont cut it in 2-3 years

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Wii proved that having the latest hardware doesn't have anything to do with market share.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

The console isn't even CONFIRMED yet, and all of these rumors are shaky at best and people are ALREADY crying??? This is just silly :P

jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 jdt532
Member since 2003 • 4236 Posts

We're hearing conflicting reports about this new Nintendo console some sources say it's on par with the PS3/360 some say it's slightly more powerful and others like IGN say it's significantly more powerful than the PS3 and is capable of full 1080P graphics. Lets just wait and hear what the official announcement from Nintendo says about the specs.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#22 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

are you forgeting some facts tc

how much further can sony and ms go , and will they abandon move and kenict which are still new atm ,

sony has set a high bar with ps3 , microsoft is already owrkign on a bigger disc for the current xbox why woudl ms waste resources on that 360 disc to then release a new xbox 1 yr later i dont think so buddy

plus , kenict is succeeding , ms aknowledges that and there really isnt much room for a big graphical jump for them , to warrant another 400-500 console ,

no ones gona buy one that only is a 360.5

or ps3.5 which i heard from sony they said they should have done that with ps3 in the first place so , i dont see how this is bad, if it can be afordable,

see 3ds , t hat thing may have sold 100 k less then ds did at launch but it still sold more then wii did ,

and it costs the same , has 3d ,

nintendo just has to get games out , and they have been since wii theyh ve promised every major franchise will make way to nintendos platform and nearly everyone did so

300 wii 2 drop 3ds to 199.99 , and you have a winner

why cause it plays wii games , out of the box according to the rumors adds a touch screen and camera-in place of inferad ,

the touch screen will probably add somthing to the expeirence it could very well also be used to play ds?3ds games on the wii 2 , by some sort of adapter like nintendo did for gc ,

wouldnt that be instant win ,

port over vc games, like their doin dsi ware,

theres no way sony or ms has anything to compete with that in a yr from wii 2s launch itll take mroe time ms just started hirring , that process takes time ,

3 yrs 2014-15 is when i expect new 360 /ps, and thatll be to late for them to capital lize on any thing cause ding dong nintendo is 2 yrs on their heels of gonna release their next'!!!!

going by wiis or any past nintendos cycle,.

it puts wii 3 2 yrs after ps4 or 720 if they playing the 10 yr cycle lol ,

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#23 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I don't care... I only care about the games.

Beleive me, if games were still made for it, I'd play Gamecube all the time.