Next Gen vs PC

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60889f10c3b8e
deactivated-60889f10c3b8e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60889f10c3b8e
Member since 2002 • 770 Posts
Answer in the poll please. :)
Consternated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts
I like my PC, but I'll buy a next gen console (PS4) at launch to flip for profit, and then one at a later date to keep. If I can't flip it for profit, I'll just keep it, and wait for games.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
I really like my PC, and I've pre-ordered a PS4.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

PC only for the forseeable future

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

PC will be 99% of my gaming. But I plan on picking up a PS4 toward holiday 2015 for the exlcusives.

Xbone? No thank you.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I have no need for a next gen console. My twin girls are only 6 and rarely look at the Wii or Xbox 360 so they don't need one either.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts
PC and PS4 for me proly.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

i'm going to wait and see how far the pc can take me. there aren't any must-have console games for me yet.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Not sure yet. I am looking at the PS4 as of now but I need to see more games.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

i'm going to wait and see how far the pc can take me. there aren't any must-have console games for me yet.

CaseyWegner
Pretty much this, if MGS5 remains console-exclusive I may seriously consider a PS4, but all signs point to it coming to PC.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i'm building a new pc this fall or winter and buying both consoles next year sometime after the library's fill out.

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

PC mostly, just has everything I could need.  That said I'll grab an xbone for drunk kinect and a PS4 down the line once there's something worth buying.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

PC has strong visuals, a great selection of indie titles, and Steam sales, but it does suffer from lots of inherent weaknesses.

1. DRM

2. Inconsistent performance (different PC's run games differently)

3. Borderline PC's have no guarentee their games will perform well.

4. Expensive $$$

5. Not very accessible or living room friendly

6. Misses a lot of third-parties.  They get the AAA's but miss many of the other mainstream titles.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 harry_james_pot
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts
PC only. :D I get that I might be missing on some nice games, but the PC already has too many games to play. There's no time to play everything.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I only need my PC. It seems that many of my favourite console only gaming series I enjoy are also being released for the PC these days (Apart from DBZ :( )

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

PC has strong visuals, a great selection of indie titles, and Steam sales, but it does suffer from lots of inherent weaknesses.

1. DRM - Consoles have a ton of DRM.

2. Inconsistent performance (different PC's run games differently) - True, yet your negative is a positive for me.

3. Borderline PC's have no guarentee their games will perform well - Yet there is still a big enough library of games to play on non-gaming machines.

4. Expensive $$$ - Actually cheaper in the long run than consoles.....

5. Not very accessible or living room friendly - Complete rubbish fanboyism

6. Misses a lot of third-parties.  They get the AAA's but miss many of the other mainstream titles. - They miss out of far fewer titles than any one console.  If you're talking all three consoles then your price argument goes right out of the window.

drekula2

Seeing red?

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

1. DRM

2. Inconsistent performance (different PC's run games differently)

3. Borderline PC's have no guarentee their games will perform well.

4. Expensive $$$

5. Not very accessible or living room friendly

6. Misses a lot of third-parties.  They get the AAA's but miss many of the other mainstream titles.

drekula2
No system is perfect, but in my opinion on PC, the pros outweigh the cons by a large margin. Especially the fact that the system is the home of a variety of niche genres makes it a must have for me. Also, lol at the living room friendly.
drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

[QUOTE="drekula2"]

2. Inconsistent performance (different PC's run games differently) - True, yet your negative is a positive for me.

3. Borderline PC's have no guarentee their games will perform well - Yet there is still a big enough library of games to play on non-gaming machines.

6. Misses a lot of third-parties.  They get the AAA's but miss many of the other mainstream titles. - They miss out of far fewer titles than any one console.  If you're talking all three consoles then your price argument goes right out of the window.

1080pOnly

Seeing red?

1. DRM does exist on consoles, but not nearly as much.  There are some online-play codes as well as digital download OPTIONS, but you still can't share PC games.  Although, Steam is sort of working on it

2. How is it a positive that some machines (perfectly capable) get audio and technical issues exclusive to that machine?

3. True.  But for example, I have a guarentee Batman Arkham City will run smooth on my Xbox 360 (even if it is relatively weak).  I have no such guarentee on a borderline PC.

4. How long would a $1000 PC last you before you get a new one?  Genuinely curious.

5. Not at all.

6. When it comes to multi-plats (which is what i meant, and should have clarified) , they do miss a lot.  Maybe they don't miss most of the AAA 9/10 games, but the 7-8/10 games they often do miss such as some of the Tom Clancy, Need for Speed and Soul Calibur games.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Will be getting a PS4 some time with in the 1st price drop in say 2 year or 3 years time and just stick with my PC for now and future. PC are already next Gen+.

GuNsbl4ziN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GuNsbl4ziN
Member since 2010 • 285 Posts

Looking at how much I use my PS3 at the moment I don't think it's worth it. I will be sticking with my PC most of this gen.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
Love my PC, it's my primary gaming set but I will definitely be grabbing a PS4 a my backup!
GuNsbl4ziN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GuNsbl4ziN
Member since 2010 • 285 Posts

[QUOTE="1080pOnly"]

[QUOTE="drekula2"]

drekula2

Seeing red?

1. DRM does exist on consoles, but not nearly as much.  There are some online-play codes as well as digital download OPTIONS, but you still can't share PC games.  Although, Steam is sort of working on it

2. How is it a positive that some machines (perfectly capable) get audio and technical issues exclusive to that machine?

3. True.  But for example, I have a guarentee Batman Arkham City will run smooth on my Xbox 360 (even if it is relatively weak).  I have no such guarentee on a borderline PC.

4. How long would a $1000 PC last you before you get a new one?  Genuinely curious.

5. Not at all.

6. When it comes to multi-plats (which is what i meant, and should have clarified) , they do miss a lot.  Maybe they don't miss most of the AAA 9/10 games, but the 7-8/10 games they often do miss such as some of the Tom Clancy, Need for Speed and Soul Calibur games.

These are just such poor arguments...

Chrypt22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chrypt22
Member since 2005 • 1387 Posts

In all honesty the move to x86 architecture on the consoles is a great move for PC gamers.  Games that were exclusive for consoles because of development reasons won't really be the case anymore.  Sure, you'll still have your exclusive titles, but for the most part its not really that big of a deal to move to PC.  

The other huge positive for PC gamers is 4K resolutions.  PC is pretty much the premier system, but it doesn't have that "thing" that sets it apart by leaps and bounds.  With 4K on the horizon and neither Xb1 or PS4 being able to run a game in 4K (sure they say they" support it" but we all know that neither console will be able to runa  4k game) gaming on the PC will have an entirely different meaning.  

PC's used to be really expensive, that really isnt the case anymore unless you do a true enthusiast build.  Also, they are easier to upgrade so once you have a solid foundation for a build, its really not that expensive to upgrade down the line.  

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

1. DRM Consoles are the epitome of DRM

2. Inconsistent performance (different PC's run games differently) It's up to you what you have in your PC

3. Borderline PC's have no guarentee their games will perform well. It's up to you what you have in your PC

4. Expensive $$$ Yet cheaper in the long run by the time you buy games and pay online fees

5. Not very accessible or living room friendly Nonsense, a persons lack of knowledge is not the fault of a piece of electronics. My PC is in my living room

6. Misses a lot of third-parties. They get the AAA's but miss many of the other mainstream titles. You need 3 consoles, 2 handhelds, 1 android phone, 1 iphone and a PC to get everything (no doubt there is something I've missed there)

drekula2

The major downside of PC gaming is the lack of local multiplayer or split screen. It's not the best thing to play when your mates are round for a couple of beers.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
Both. PS4 and Xbox One DAY ONE. Also looking forward to nVidia's next lineup of cards :cool:
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

[QUOTE="1080pOnly"]

[QUOTE="drekula2"]

drekula2

Seeing red?

5. Not at all.

1. false.... consoles are DRM, and what about online accounts tying games to accounts etc, And you can share pc games if you know what your doing and the fact that Steam is implementing game sharing between freind's and family blows your point out of the water.

2. If you know what your doing to can avoid these issues and or fix them yourself. Console games especially in the last few years have had major Inconsistent performance and bugs so no system is perfect...

3. You dont know if a game will run flawless on the 360 since there a slew of games on the PS3/360 that get fps dips and sub 30 fps with multiple games. If your a dedicated or enthusiast pc gamer you will not have a borderline computer.

4. If you build your own and know what your doing that pc can last a whole console generation still outpacing those consoles. Back in 2007, you could build a pc for around $700 with a 8800GT and to this day surpasses consoles with multiplat games.

5. huh? it is rubbish because its not hard to hook up a hdmi cable to a tv from a pc and use a wireless keyboard/mouse and a controller to play games.

6. Your examples are off because all the Splinter Cell games are also on pc, so are all the NFS's same as the 360/PS3. unless you also have a wii you will not get all of them.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kinthalis

[QUOTE="1080pOnly"]

[QUOTE="drekula2"]

drekula2

Seeing red?

The entire generation? 

$1,000 PC will net you a PC that's 2 times more powerful than a PS4. you'll be playign games at better than "net gen" console settings in perpetutity (at 1080p).

However, 1440p, and 1600p monitors will cost $200-300 in a few years. 4K panels will be a few hundred dollars more, a few years after that.

Some developers, just like this gen, will scale their games upward, to include more graphics and physics, and gameplay goodies. So you might WANT to upgrade in 3-4 years, but if you do, it's not because youhave to. It's beacuase you WANT to. You WANT to have the tpe of gaming experience "next gen" consoles WILL NEVER offer you.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="1080pOnly"]

[QUOTE="drekula2"]

drekula2

Seeing red?

1. DRM does exist on consoles, but not nearly as much.  There are some online-play codes as well as digital download OPTIONS, but you still can't share PC games.  Although, Steam is sort of working on it - PSn and XBL are DRM.

2. How is it a positive that some machines (perfectly capable) get audio and technical issues exclusive to that machine? Inconsistent performance is a sign of user generated problems.

3. True.  But for example, I have a guarentee Batman Arkham City will run smooth on my Xbox 360 (even if it is relatively weak).  I have no such guarentee on a borderline PC. - Don't play it on a borderline PC then.

4. How long would a $1000 PC last you before you get a new one?  Genuinely curious. As long as you want it to.

5. Not at all. Gaming is expensive, stop being a cheapskate.

6. When it comes to multi-plats (which is what i meant, and should have clarified) , they do miss a lot.  Maybe they don't miss most of the AAA 9/10 games, but the 7-8/10 games they often do miss such as some of the Tom Clancy, Need for Speed and Soul Calibur games. Granted, however consoles also miss out. For example there is no MWO on console. 

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#29 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I love my PC. Going to upgrade the graphics card early next year, whenever the Geforce 800 series is released. As for consoles, I already have a Wii U. Not interested in the X1 or PS4.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts
PS4 If i can make a profit off of it then i will sell it otherwise i will keep it in the box until good games come out next year.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

PC until consoles get a larger library, and the console will likely be PS4.

XBOX usually ends up being a port machine, with bad ports and no exclusives.

danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts
I'm finished with consoles. PC has everything I need and more.
menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

PC until consoles get a larger library, and the console will likely be PS4.

XBOX usually ends up being a port machine, with bad ports and no exclusives.

Jankarcop

Same here.  I don't really see a must have exclusive on the PS4 yet, although I probably won't get an XBone.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

PC all the way, but I might get a PS4 in 2015 or later for the exclusives.

Xbone? LOL NO.
Wii-U? LOL NO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Yeh, getting a PS4 at launch, mainly as a new blu-ray player and something my nephew can game on when he is visiting, and the odd exclusive. 

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts
I have a PC (i7 3770k @ 4.2, GTX 690, 16gb of RAM) and also have the PS4 and Xbox One preordered. I am also a proud Wii U owner.
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Nothing but PC

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kinthalis

Interesting. Most people appear to have a PC, and most people appear to want to partner it up with a PS4.

Weird, because that sound sliek the smartest choice, and system wars tends not to be super smart about things.

But whatever, good on you folk!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Have a PC now,just bought a Wii U. Will wait for a price drop and good games for the PS4
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I only "need" my PC.

Consoles hold very little value to me because they get such a tiny amount of games nowadays, but I could forsee owning one if I ever got to a point where I thought my living room could use a gaming device in it, but that'll probably never happen.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

Check my sig.

comptonst88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 comptonst88
Member since 2012 • 348 Posts

Im not really much of a PC gamer, I do have a laptop that can play some games well like TF2 and Portal, WOW, etc.  But I mainly game on consoles so Ill be picking up a PS4 for my next gen gaming needs.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

console launches suck ass. I'm not even remotely interested in one until at least 8 months post launch (E3 2014).

Until then or I get a bout of weakness and cave, PC all the way.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

console launches suck ass. I'm not even remotely interested in one until at least 8 months post launch (E3 2014).

Until then or I get a bout of weakness and cave, PC all the way.

heretrix
Feel the same way.
NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts
I will always have at least one console most likely two.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#46 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Upgrade my PC, buy a Wii U and PS4 later (2015 or something like that).
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
X1 and Steambox for me this gen. Eventual PS4 for the exclusives.
SirCantelope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SirCantelope
Member since 2013 • 35 Posts
Disappointing lineup of exclusive games coming from these nextgen consoles.
fattycoles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fattycoles
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts
The cream rises to the top though, When I played the last of us I found nirvana, There is some things that just need to be played and any non bias gamer will know this.
fattycoles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fattycoles
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts
Disappointing lineup of exclusive games coming from these nextgen consoles.SirCantelope
It's a launch lineup, Some of the last gen games are going to be great and with improved graphics there will be enough until the first wave of proper next gen games.