Next Gen Ireland cancels Xbox 360 coverage due to RRoD & poor service

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

"Next Gen Ireland writes: It is my sad duty to let you know that as of today, February 21st 2008, Next Gen Ireland will be suspending all Xbox 360 coverage indefinitely.

Here at Next Gen Ireland offices there are currently three Xbox 360 consoles that are used to review games. Over the past week, each one of these consoles decided to give us the dreaded red rings of death in succession. Now we all know that Microsoft have decided to extend the warranty on consoles experiencing this issue, but from our dealings with Microsoft Ireland directly, it's not as simple as that.

Next Gen Ireland felt that we needed to take a stand as customers and not reviewers in this instance, and to be treated that way by Microsoft after they were at fault by releasing a console that was blatantly untested onto the mass market is unacceptable. In our opinion, the after sales service we received today was atrocious and we can't stand for it."

http://www.nextgenireland.com/xboxsi.html

Ouch, but go figure.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26095 Posts

It's horrible that Banjo Threeie is forced to come out for the Xbox 360.

What in the world is wrong with Microsoft?

MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MasterC5
Member since 2006 • 2932 Posts

Willy105
Those monsters!
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts

RROD is rediculous. But at the very least i can say that microsoft customer service is great about it. You ring them, you tell you have the RROD and straight away BAM - what's your address please? We're sending you a box. Notice how they chose not to say what the "it's more complicated" actually entails?

Far as i'm concerned this is sensationalist nonsense intended to garner up a bit of traffic. Good luck to them.

EDIT: having just seen the number of logos and images on their site created in MS paint, i'd just like to reiterate how little anybody cares about this. :P

Kenshi_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Kenshi_is_god
Member since 2004 • 5414 Posts
im sorry but they had a chance to get 3 xbox 360's as replacement holders while theirs were being fixed and they declined saying no they don't believe in special treatment. That's just stupid. And just because they don't have the original receipts isn't Microsofts fault...im sure they didn't spend 1.5k cash, credit cards anyone? These people are just lacking intelligence and common sense, they have more options, they just refuse to take them. Thanks for showing us how lazy and biased next gen ireland is.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
I glad someone spoke up in the media. Kudos to them :) I just wish everyone would follow in their footsteps.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ninja-Vox

Having read the whole article in the link.... :lol:

If you simply send them off for repair/replacement, no proof of purchase is required. Only when you want money back are you required to show that you purchased the console (an attempt to combat people buying dead 360s on ebay and then complaining to microsoft that this is their fourth console and they demand compensation).

Next laughable point: they claim to have spent one and a half thousand bucks on three xbox 360s, in cash. Yet they claim they bought them from HMV; a standard DVD, music and videogame chain in the UK. Why did they pay so much over the odds if they bought them at launch from a store which only sells at RRP like any other store? :?

And when they're offered replacement 360s while theres are being repaired... they turn it down because not everybody is? They want them to send a new 360 to everybody to play on while they wait two weeks to have theirs returned to them? What do they do with all these 360s when they aren't being used? Have them sit around on shelves.

That whole article is just embarrassing.

Kenshi_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kenshi_is_god
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

RROD is rediculous. But at the very least i can say that microsoft customer service is great about it. You ring them, you tell you have the RROD and straight away BAM - what's your address please? We're sending you a box. Notice how they chose not to say what the "it's more complicated" actually entails?

Far as i'm concerned this is sensationalist nonsense intended to garner up a bit of traffic. Good luck to them.

ninjaxams

yes so great you can't understand the indian ppl on the other end of the phone. their customer service is as big of a joke as their console this gen (hardware wise).

Wow, you can't understand them? Well you, as a person and the customer, im sure you know this, if you weren't as ignorant as you seem to be coming off as, have every right to ask to be transferred to another agent or rep. It's not that hard to ask a question.

I just find it strange cause i've called them many times and every time I got someone who spoke English, loud and clear

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ninja-Vox
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

ninjaxams

yes so great you can't understand the indian ppl on the other end of the phone. their customer service is as big of a joke as their console this gen (hardware wise).

Mine crapped out on me twice and both times i was connected to an american. I live in the UK. If you were connected to an Indian person, it's nice to see that plain old racism and bigotry against foreign people still exists.

Sidburn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sidburn19  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 4715 Posts
This is not good. I'm from Ireland and i have a 360, luckly I haven't got and RRoD yet, but when the day comes it looks like it won't be just as easy as sending my 360 back to microsoft and getting them to fix it.
pilotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pilotc
Member since 2004 • 3986 Posts
Dude they had them for 2.5 years ... and they didn't have their reciepts.. babies
TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts
Can anybody say free publicity?
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
This is becoming a little ridiculous. I hope for Microsoft that they will fix that as soon as possible.
LanDC77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LanDC77
Member since 2005 • 1415 Posts
Come on that looks like a fan made site.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ninjaxams
[QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

Ninja-Vox

Mine crapped out on me twice and both times i was connected to an american. I live in the UK. If you were connected to an Indian person, it's nice to see that plain old racism and bigotry against foreign people still exists.

whos being racist? its a ******* fact. I couldn't understand them. its nice to see ppls ingorance causing them to jump to conclusions is still in vogue on these forums...
TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TerroRizing

Ninja-Vox

It always will, and if the other person cant speak english properly its a piss off. This is the fault of who hired these people though.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
So what, never heard of them.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ninja-Vox

This is not good. I'm from Ireland and i have a 360, luckly I haven't got and RRoD yet, but when the day comes it looks like it won't be just as easy as sending my 360 back to microsoft and getting them to fix it.Sidburn19

You ring them. Explain you have the RROD, they immediately ask you if you've tried the three troubleshooting steps on the xbox website. If you answer no they walk you through them. If you answer yes, they ask you for your address and ship you a box, or ask if you'd rather have a label emailed to you to stick on a box yourself.

Someone picks it up, or you can drop it off at a UPS collection point. They post it back to you about 10 days later. That's exactly the procedure.

The only time proof of purchase is required is if you demand your money back or compensation in the event of having multiple 360s break down on you. Their policy is that three RRODs gets you a free game or xbox live or something similar; however you must show proof of purchase. This is to counter the eBay guys buying dead xboxs for 20 bucks then demanding compensation from microsoft when they ship them all off.

The guys on this site are saying they paid 1.5k for three xbox 360s in cash, from a retailer which sells them at RRP, with no proof of purchase. They refused to accept temporary replacements while thiers are being repaired, and wont provide any proof that they paid 1.5k for their 360s. They then say that customer service has treated them terribly?

Like i said; this is just embarrassing for them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts
...Who?
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ninjaxams

Kenshi_is_god

Wow, you can't understand them? Well you, as a person and the customer, im sure you know this, if you weren't as ignorant as you seem to be coming off as, have every right to ask to be transferred to another agent or rep. It's not that hard to ask a question.

I just find it strange cause i've called them many times and every time I got someone who spoke English, loud and clear

so I'm ingorant because I stated ppl with overly thick accents are difficult to understand? gimme a ******* break.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ninja-Vox

whos being racist? its a ******* fact. I couldn't understand them. its nice to see ppls ingorance causing them to jump to conclusions is still in vogue on these forums...ninjaxams

I studied this for almost a month. 88% of people who are connected to foreign people on customer service lines express dissatisfaction, despite the overwhelming majority speaking english just fine. If you cannot speak the language, a company like microsoft would not hire you for a job which involves talking to people all day.

So yes i have every right to point out petty prejudice. It's highly likely that you could understand them just fine, but are just one of the majority as found in many linguistic studies who simply say "aw great, an indian person on the phone..." and immediately complain that you cant understand them, despite the fact that alls they ask of you is your address and serial number.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#28 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts

Willy105

Imagine how it would look on wii.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
If you use anything in a commercial application it voids the warrenty anyway. This is like me using retail version coffee makers to open a Starbucks and then complaining that two years later they are worn out.
Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

They can't stand getting the 360s repaired for free? wtf?

Kenshi_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kenshi_is_god
[QUOTE="Kenshi_is_god"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

ninjaxams

so I'm ingorant because I stated ppl with overly thick accents are difficult to understand? gimme a ******* break.

Well now you're just ignorant cause you refuse to acknowledge whatever else I said in my post. Quick and easy way to solve your minor problem that you try to make into a huge problem : ASK TO SPEAK TO ANOTHER AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE.

maabus99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 maabus99
Member since 2006 • 970 Posts

Having read the whole article in the link.... :lol:

If you simply send them off for repair/replacement, no proof of purchase is required. Only when you want money back are you required to show that you purchased the console (an attempt to combat people buying dead 360s on ebay and then complaining to microsoft that this is their fourth console and they demand compensation).

Next laughable point: they claim to have spent one and a half thousand bucks on three xbox 360s, in cash. Yet they claim they bought them from HMV; a standard DVD, music and videogame chain in the UK. Why did they pay so much over the odds if they bought them at launch from a store which only sells at RRP like any other store? :?

And when they're offered replacement 360s while theres are being repaired... they turn it down because not everybody is? They want them to send a new 360 to everybody to play on while they wait two weeks to have theirs returned to them? What do they do with all these 360s when they aren't being used? Have them sit around on shelves.

That whole article is just embarrassing.

Ninja-Vox

I think lemmings can honestly right this source off as biased for the next 5 years. It just reeked of spin and severe bias. Cows should just ignore this because you all already know the RROD is a slam and has been around a long time, but this is just, well, see last sentence.

I would go so far to say this is a publicity stunt to drum up more subs and/or hits on their website, being RROD has been a problem for how long now?

TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TerroRizing
[QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="Kenshi_is_god"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

Kenshi_is_god

Well now you're just ignorant cause you refuse to acknowledge whatever else I said in my post. Quick and easy way to solve your minor problem that you try to make into a huge problem : ASK TO SPEAK TO ANOTHER AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE.

Thats actually even more ignorant...and something agents at a call center arent allowed to do.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 carljohnson3456

[QUOTE="ninjaxams"] so I'm ingorant because I stated ppl with overly thick accents are difficult to understand? gimme a ******* break. Ninja-Vox

You're ignorant because you claimed their customer service was "a joke" because you were connected to an indian person, as opposed to a standard-english speaker. Not because you received poor service; not because the guidance was unclear; simply because you - at the very most - had to pay a little more attention because the person was indian. God forbid.

I'm not racist, nor is this comment. This customer service is a joke. Dont be calling anyone racist because they cant understand them. Dont use racism to make your precious 360 look better, because that is all your doing. "Your racist, there customer support is GREAT, so is the RROD."

Kenshi_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kenshi_is_god
[QUOTE="Kenshi_is_god"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="Kenshi_is_god"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

TerroRizing

Thats actually even more ignorant...and something agents at a call center arent allowed to do.

How can that possibly be more ignorant? I was going with the fact that maybe he actually cannot understand them, he has every right to ask to speak with another person. They're allowed to transfer you, I've had it done a few times myself..it wouldn't be the fault of the consumer if they cannot understand the person. I'm not agreeing with this guy, I can always understand, accent or not, and I take my time to listen to them, but if he really cannot, or just doesnt want to, ask to be transferred, or hang up and try your luck again.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts
*smallest violin playing for the fanboys at nextgenireland*
Kenshi_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kenshi_is_god
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

[QUOTE="ninjaxams"] so I'm ingorant because I stated ppl with overly thick accents are difficult to understand? gimme a ******* break. carljohnson3456

You're ignorant because you claimed their customer service was "a joke" because you were connected to an indian person, as opposed to a standard-english speaker. Not because you received poor service; not because the guidance was unclear; simply because you - at the very most - had to pay a little more attention because the person was indian. God forbid.

I'm not racist, nor is this comment. This customer service is a joke. Dont be calling anyone racist because they cant understand them. Dont use racism to make your precious 360 look better, because that is all your doing. "Your racist, there customer support is GREAT, so is the RROD."

I'm listening to this and I can completely understand the agent. I don't get your point. This is another example of you being able to use your voice and ask to speak to someone else who can help you. It's not hard, damn you guys make such a big deal about nothing. He's racist/prejudice/ignorant/whatever you wanna call it, because of what he said.

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

The odds of that is very high! :o Yeah Sony fanboy site now only reviews PS3 games. :roll:

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 carljohnson3456
I hope this thread gets locked. I hardly ever, EVER post in the system wars thread because it truely is the most immature forum I've ever seen. The one time I post an article in a system war thread, BOOM - it turns into people pointing fingers about racism to make Microsoft's customer service look better. This forum is a joke. Irrational fanboyism is pathetic. Call me a fanboy, but I'm rational about stuff. I'm really not even a fanboy, I love Nintendo too. I'm just not going to support a system that RROD's and is pay-for-everything. Ridiculous. I wont post in here for a long time... if ever.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

[QUOTE="ninjaxams"] so I'm ingorant because I stated ppl with overly thick accents are difficult to understand? gimme a ******* break. carljohnson3456

The new 360s are a lot better and this summer the 65nm is out so you can say no more RROD.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

[QUOTE="ninjaxams"] so I'm ingorant because I stated ppl with overly thick accents are difficult to understand? gimme a ******* break. Kenshi_is_god

I'm listening to this and I can completely understand the agent. I don't get your point. This is another example of you being able to use your voice and ask to speak to someone else who can help you. It's not hard, damn you guys make such a big deal about nothing. He's racist/prejudice/ignorant/whatever you wanna call it, because of what he said.

Last post for this thread: I'm not saying he's unclear, I'm saying he doesnt know what he's talking about. I'm not making a case for how there customer support is hard to hear, I dont really have a problem either. I'm just stating it's terrible. Regardless of Indian, American, African, Chinese, whatever. It's terrible.

maabus99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 maabus99
Member since 2006 • 970 Posts
This thread got bad fast. In before the l....
VirtuaCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 VirtuaCast
Member since 2008 • 840 Posts
God forbid some one having an accent.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

Last post for this thread: I'm not saying he's unclear, I'm saying he doesnt know what he's talking about. I'm not making a case for how there customer support is hard to hear, I dont really have a problem either. I'm just stating it's terrible. Regardless of Indian, American, African, Chinese, whatever. It's terrible.

carljohnson3456
So we shall pin the entire Microsoft telephone support on one guy. Wow. Yes, it sounds as if he doesn't know what he's talking about. Maybe he's new on the job, I'm not sure. But this type of problem is not solely Microsoft's. Just a few days ago I called my bank, and twice I was put to two people who I could tell were reading instructions on how to proceed with my enquiries. The day before however, I had a person who knew what she was talking about. That was just a recent example.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#47 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
God forbid some one having an accent. VirtuaCast
Yeah. I mean, why can't the world just have no accent like the Americans :lol:
-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -Ninja_Dog-
Member since 2005 • 4197 Posts

...cry babies.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
I wouldn't really trust a company who uses Nextgenwars.com sales as fact.
BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts
You can also skip calling customer support and go to www.xbox.com and fill out a repair request online.