Next Flop for PS3?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ruleklw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ruleklw
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts

Resistance:FOM......Flop

Motorstorm.......Flop

Whats next?? Its funny cuz I am a PS3 owner (PSN name: ruleklw) but it seems as whenever I start to get excited for a game, it flops. NONE of the extremely hyped PS3 games have lived up to their hype, so I am wondering what the next flop is gonna be. What do you think?

Avatar image for flashattackfina
flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 flashattackfina
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts
TC doesn'town a PS3
Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
How many AA games does the PS3 have compared to wii? oh wait...
mcxps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 mcxps3
Member since 2007 • 659 Posts
What the hell are u talking about those are the 2 best and best selling ps3 games. THey are pretty crittically acclaimed and have together sold almost 3 million copies so how are they a flop beside those 2 are launch games and launch are never the most spectacular.
danjam2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 danjam2007
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

warhawk maybe lair

mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mikasa
Member since 2003 • 4060 Posts

What the hell are u talking about those are the 2 best and best selling ps3 games. THey are pretty crittically acclaimed and have together sold almost 3 million copies so how are they a flop beside those 2 are launch games and launch are never the most spectacular.mcxps3

Only reason they sold 3 Million copies combined is because there is nothing else to play.

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts

warhawk maybe lair

danjam2007

Warhawk looks good IMO, but Lair is a different story.
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
The only reason Resistance : Flop of Man and Motorstorm sold anything is because n00bs bought a £400 console too early and so bought the 2 least rubbish games on it.
WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 WINDWAKER1
Member since 2003 • 3397 Posts
Resistance and Motorstorm are fun games, i wouldnt consider them flops
cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts
I think the next flop will be probably Uncharted then after that Haze some cows think it's a halo killer AAA title :lol:
osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts
Uhh.... i dunno. Ninja Gaiden Sigma? It might get a score in the 8s, even though it deserves one in the 9s. Maybe Heavenly sword? Uncharted?
wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wiistation360
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts
lair
mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mikasa

In regards to the next flop....what the next game they have scheduled to come out that is hyped? My money says it will flop. As long as PS3 is still claiming to be the most powerful console it will always flop (not reach expectations) as the 360 can always do what the 360 does and better.

When does Heavenly Sword come out? Or Lair?

FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

What the hell are u talking about those are the 2 best and best selling ps3 games. THey are pretty crittically acclaimed and have together sold almost 3 million copies so how are they a flop beside those 2 are launch games and launch are never the most spectacular.mcxps3

I agree with you.

Sadly, Sony fanboys call a Xbox 360 game a flop when it doesn't get a 9.0 rating. Even if the hype for a game was AA, if it doesn't get AAA they'll say it was hyped AAA anyway and it's a flop. So I don't think you'll find any 360 fanboy who agrees with you there.

But I do agree. Although I don't presonally like Resistance and Motorstorm.

aliasfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 aliasfreak
Member since 2004 • 2878 Posts

Resistance and Motorstorm are fun games, i wouldnt consider them flopsWINDWAKER1

The definition of a flop is a game that does not get the score it was hyped to get. I'm pretty sure cows were hyping Resistance AAA, it got AA. Similar situation goes for Motorstorm. Flopping has nothing to do with actual quality, just local hype.

NYBoricua33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NYBoricua33
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts

Resistance:FOM......Flop

Motorstorm.......Flop

Whats next?? Its funny cuz I am a PS3 owner (PSN name: ruleklw) but it seems as whenever I start to get excited for a game, it flops. NONE of the extremely hyped PS3 games have lived up to their hype, so I am wondering what the next flop is gonna be. What do you think?

ruleklw

Ahem..those hyped up games on the 360 flopped too.I played them.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gogeta242
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts

[QUOTE="mcxps3"]What the hell are u talking about those are the 2 best and best selling ps3 games. THey are pretty crittically acclaimed and have together sold almost 3 million copies so how are they a flop beside those 2 are launch games and launch are never the most spectacular.mikasa

Only reason they sold 3 Million copies combined is because there is nothing else to play.

Ironic, this is why halo will sell about 5-6 million, cannabeilizing everything on the 360. and also why Halo 2 sold 8 million on Xbox. Funny how Lemmings brag about the sales of Halo when they know why it sales the way it does. Nothing else on 360 sold past 2 million except for Gears. Double standard much
nacademy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nacademy
Member since 2004 • 227 Posts

I think the next flop will be probably Uncharted then after that Haze some cows think it's a halo killer AAA title :lol:cyprus646

A lot of peopel on the HAZE team made Goldeneye 007. I think it's pretty safe to say that the game will be great.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

warhawk maybe lair

danjam2007

with warhawk only being $20 it doesn't matter if it's only an A game.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gogeta242
I see its gang up on PS3 day, as if PS3 is the only system that has games that "flops" on "GAMESPOT". But what can I say, the forums are flooded with people that has to lie to themselves and say PS3 doesn't have good games coming. aka Lemmings and Sheep
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FearlessSpirit
[QUOTE="mikasa"]

[QUOTE="mcxps3"]What the hell are u talking about those are the 2 best and best selling ps3 games. THey are pretty crittically acclaimed and have together sold almost 3 million copies so how are they a flop beside those 2 are launch games and launch are never the most spectacular.gogeta242

Ironic, this is why halo will sell about 5-6 million, cannabeilizing everything on the 360. and also why Halo 2 sold 8 million on Xbox. Funny how Lemmings brag about the sales of Halo when they know why it sales the way it does. Nothing else on 360 sold past 2 million except for Gears. Double standard much

Are you implying that besides Halo 3 there is nothing good to play on the 360 :|

You take fanboyism to a whole new level. And what PS3 game sold more then 2 million copies then? Also, saying 'no game sold more then 2 million copies if you leave Gears of War out of the picture'. Doesn't make any sense.

Then I can ask you, what PS3 title has sold more then 4 million copies?

mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mikasa
[QUOTE="mikasa"]

[QUOTE="mcxps3"]What the hell are u talking about those are the 2 best and best selling ps3 games. THey are pretty crittically acclaimed and have together sold almost 3 million copies so how are they a flop beside those 2 are launch games and launch are never the most spectacular.gogeta242

Last I checked I have a 360...not an xbox. And 360 has the most console sales thus far. So your point is?

mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mikasa

I see its gang up on PS3 day, as if PS3 is the only system that has games that "flops" on "GAMESPOT". But what can I say, the forums are flooded with people that has to lie to themselves and say PS3 doesn't have good games coming. aka Lemmings and Sheepgogeta242

Based on PS3's past performance we expect their games to continue to flop. Until they get a couple great games out...the trend will hold.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Resistance may have flopped but its still an awesome game. Flop or no flop.

Motorstorm is harder to defend, I just couldn't get into that one.

The companies behind alot of the upcoming games have great reputations.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gogeta242
Well Mikasa, my point was that besides Halo and Gears, 360 has nothing that surpassed 2 million in sales. Meaning that to the public, there must no be anything worth playing on 360 besides Halo and Gears. In other words, 360 has next to no system sellers. While PS3 has MGS4 coming this year, Ff13, Gt5, god of war 3, Socom, and other system sellers. Once Halo goes away, I doubt Gears will pick up the slack seeing as Halo made the xbox brand. Edit: Don't bother posting it, I know only MGS and Socom are the only games I mentioned that comes out this year. So spare me.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts
ps3 is bulid for gamers and not little kids who like mario games, and wario......ps3 will get its games soon.......wii has many AAA games cause only like 10 year olds play it and its cheap...cheaper than psp so everybody buys it and the games are cheaper........just cause you cant afford a ps3 why do you have to bash it?
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bread_or_Decide

ps3 is bulid for gamers and not little kids who like mario games, and wario......ps3 will get its games soon.......wii has many AAA games cause only like 10 year olds play it and its cheap...cheaper than psp so everybody buys it and the games are cheaper........just cause you cant afford a ps3 why do you have to bash it?planbfreak4eva

Wii has one AAA game. Lots of A games. Very few AA games.

Heck its top rated games are made mostly of VC titles.

MCGSMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MCGSMB
Member since 2007 • 2149 Posts
I don't think sigma is gonna get AAA.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
Lair in my book. Drake's Fortune and Heavenly Sword look pretty good to me.
ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ApocalypseXIVV
Member since 2004 • 1988 Posts

Motorstorm is critically acclaimed? where might that be besides a PS3 forum?

and the best game on the PS3 is oblivion, not either of those

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

I don't think sigma is gonna get AAA.MCGSMB

Was it hyped AAA?

mcxps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mcxps3

[QUOTE="gogeta242"]I see its gang up on PS3 day, as if PS3 is the only system that has games that "flops" on "GAMESPOT". But what can I say, the forums are flooded with people that has to lie to themselves and say PS3 doesn't have good games coming. aka Lemmings and Sheepmikasa

Based on PS3's past performance we expect their games to continue to flop. Until they get a couple great games out...the trend will hold.

Alright everyone here is a darn moron especially all the 360 fans.

1) The Ps2 has the most sales then the Ds then the psp then the 360 then the Wii tehn the ps3. It doesnt matter which gen the system is in sales are sale and the 360 is not on top.

2) sony announced that Resistance sold2 million copies worldwide making it the fastest selling game Insomniac ever made.

3) Flop is associated with poor sales not score.

4) No 360 fan has a good case becuz their system is still being outsold by the same console that outsold the predecessor.

5) Sony has 15 of their own produced titles coming exclusively to the sp3 the expectations that they will all flop is ludacris

6) I hope u all know that there is no chance in hell the 360 will be the dominant console this gen.

7) THe head of Microsof t himself said he doesnt think 360 sales will go farther than the original xbox.

8) Microsfots gameplan is 2 fold Hype the hell out of all our games 2 buy up all the ps2 exclusives and take credit for their greatness.

9) Microsoft gamedivision never has posted aprofit and if that trend continues they newver will.

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts

I think the next flop will be probably Uncharted then after that Haze some cows think it's a halo killer AAA title :lol:cyprus646

Why are you laughing, the Wiis best games was hyped AAA and got AA. And it probably gonna be the best game the Wii has for the next 2 years.

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts
and you ppl are talking about ps3 games to flop and none are good......wat bout xbox360.......3 best games are halo, gears, forza 2.............and did you see ps3s great games........resistance, motorstorm(over 3 mill copies sold together).......... comin out in 2007/2008 are mgs4,gran turismo, littlebigplanet, warhawk, getaway, killzone 2, i can go on forever
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

[QUOTE="MCGSMB"]I don't think sigma is gonna get AAA.Verge_6

Was it hyped AAA?

No, it is still AA currently.
mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mikasa

Well Mikasa, my point was that besides Halo and Gears, 360 has nothing that surpassed 2 million in sales. Meaning that to the public, there must no be anything worth playing on 360 besides Halo and Gears. In other words, 360 has next to no system sellers. While PS3 has MGS4 coming this year, Ff13, Gt5, god of war 3, Socom, and other system sellers. Once Halo goes away, I doubt Gears will pick up the slack seeing as Halo made the xbox brand. Edit: Don't bother posting it, I know only MGS and Socom are the only games I mentioned that comes out this year. So spare me. gogeta242

How about list all the 1 million sellers for both systems. typically 1 Million is a good gauge to see if a game was successful. MultiMillions means it was a huge success and a real leader. of course on the PS2 not quite the same rule as they have 100Million consoles sold.

So to be fair the better gauge would be % of game sales by % of console sales. For example. 1 Million sales on a console of 100million sold would be 1% penetration. 1Million gamessales on a console of 10 million sold would be 10% penetration. So by those terms Motorstorm and R:FOM did really well, but once again, there really isn't anything else to buy.

Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts

How many AA games does the PS3 have compared to wii? oh wait...Riviera_Phantom

But the Wii has an exclusive AAA ;)

mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mikasa
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="MCGSMB"]I don't think sigma is gonna get AAA.Ibacai

Was it hyped AAA?

Really? What happened? Last I saw was it was AAA on the official hype thread. Now if it's dropping because reviews are hitting the streets that's against the hype rules.

ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ApocalypseXIVV

Well Mikasa, my point was that besides Halo and Gears, 360 has nothing that surpassed 2 million in sales. Meaning that to the public, there must no be anything worth playing on 360 besides Halo and Gears. In other words, 360 has next to no system sellers. While PS3 has MGS4 coming this year, Ff13, Gt5, god of war 3, Socom, and other system sellers. Once Halo goes away, I doubt Gears will pick up the slack seeing as Halo made the xbox brand. Edit: Don't bother posting it, I know only MGS and Socom are the only games I mentioned that comes out this year. So spare me. gogeta242

OMG Fannnnboooy logic FTL, so u can count the upcoming games of the PS3 in 07 AND 08, then say 360 has halo and gears, or PGR 4, or Gears 2, Fable, Bioshock, Ace Combat, Blue Dragon, Lost Oddysse, should i keep going?

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts

[QUOTE="cyprus646"]I think the next flop will be probably Uncharted then after that Haze some cows think it's a halo killer AAA title :lol:MGS9150

Why are you laughing, the Wiis best games was hyped AAA and got AA. And it probably gonna be the best game the Wii has for the next 2 years.

Correction:The Wiis best game was hyped AAAA and scored AA,I remember the threads claiming "TP=OOT". Factor in another AAA hyped game(Mario) scored AA,it is clear the Wii's game library is nothing to write home about.
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FearlessSpirit
[QUOTE="mikasa"]

[QUOTE="gogeta242"]I see its gang up on PS3 day, as if PS3 is the only system that has games that "flops" on "GAMESPOT". But what can I say, the forums are flooded with people that has to lie to themselves and say PS3 doesn't have good games coming. aka Lemmings and Sheepmcxps3

1) The Ps2 has the most sales then the Ds then the psp then the 360 then the Wii tehn the ps3. It doesnt matter which gen the system is in sales are sale and the 360 is not on top.

Not relevant.

2) sony announced that Resistance sold2 million copies worldwide making it the fastest selling game Insomniac ever made.

So...?

System Wars. Flop means hype vs score. Resistance was hyped AAA it scored AA. Flop.

4) No 360 fan has a good case becuz their system is still being outsold by the same console that outsold the predecessor.

The PS2 is much cheaper and has craploads more games available making it a more valid choice for casuals. This is no suprise. The PSOne outsold the PS2 in the beginning. Your point?

5) Sony has 15 of their own produced titles coming exclusively to the sp3 the expectations that they will all flop is ludacris

Agree.

6) I hope u all know that there is no chance in hell the 360 will be the dominant console this gen.

You do realize no chance means 0%? Simply not true.

7) THe head of Microsof t himself said he doesnt think 360 sales will go farther than the original xbox.

Link?

8) Microsfots gameplan is 2 fold Hype the hell out of all our games 2 buy up all the ps2 exclusives and take credit for their greatness.

What?

9) Microsoft gamedivision never has posted aprofit and if that trend continues they newver will.

Yes it did. November/December 2006. The release of Gears of War was profitable for Microsoft. Also, H3 is coming out this September. Followed by GTAIV. And to push the pace, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon etc. etc. can be ways to pursuade more people buying the console. Mark my words, around H3's release, MS will have a profitable month again.

ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ApocalypseXIVV
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="MCGSMB"]I don't think sigma is gonna get AAA.Ibacai

Was it hyped AAA?

r u sure, i thought the official hype thread had it at AAA

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bread_or_Decide
[QUOTE="MGS9150"]

[QUOTE="cyprus646"]I think the next flop will be probably Uncharted then after that Haze some cows think it's a halo killer AAA title :lol:Dualshockin

Correction:The Wiis best game was hyped AAAA and scored AA,I remember the threads claiming "TP=OOT". Factor in another AAA hyped game(Mario) scored AA,it is clear the Wii's game library is nothing to write home about.

The worst is that Wario Ware, casual trash, beat Paper Mario and TP lol.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Might be Lair, might be Uncharted, might be Heavenly Sword. Seems like they lost AAA confidence.

VaughaneyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 VaughaneyD
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

i see its sony bashing again well i think that the ps3 by christmas well be AAA and it will prove to all u 360 and wii fanboys here wrong what has wii got out this year at christmas and 360 Halo the most overrated game in gaming history with uncharted heavenly sword lair ratchet and clank and home little big planet and warhawk its gonna kick your fanboy asses

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="MGS9150"]

[QUOTE="cyprus646"]I think the next flop will be probably Uncharted then after that Haze some cows think it's a halo killer AAA title :lol:Bread_or_Decide

The worst is that Wario Ware, casual trash, beat Paper Mario and TP lol.

It is quite simply disappointing when a 2 hour long game can outdo a 30+ hour series that has scored AAAA before.
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FearlessSpirit

i see its sony bashing again well i think that the ps3 by christmas well be AAA and it will prove to all u 360 and wii fanboys here wrong what has wii got out this year at christmas and 360 Halo the most overrated game in gaming history with uncharted heavenly sword lair ratchet and clank and home little big planet and warhawk its gonna kick your fanboy asses

VaughaneyD

Such a shame you edited that post twice and still make no sense at all.

Regardless, if you think Halo 3 is the only thing the Xbox 360 has comming this year you're wrong. I'll tell you right now Halo 3 isn't even the best game for 360 comming this year.

mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mikasa

VaughaneyD

If I were you I'd stop hyping warhawk. The other's have a good chance of doing good but warhawk looks like a joke.

mcxps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mcxps3
[QUOTE="mcxps3"][QUOTE="mikasa"]

[QUOTE="gogeta242"]I see its gang up on PS3 day, as if PS3 is the only system that has games that "flops" on "GAMESPOT". But what can I say, the forums are flooded with people that has to lie to themselves and say PS3 doesn't have good games coming. aka Lemmings and SheepFearlessSpirit

Not relevant.

So...?

System Wars. Flop means hype vs score. Resistance was hyped AAA it scored AA. Flop.

The PS2 is much cheaper and has craploads more games available making it a more valid choice for casuals. This is no suprise. The PSOne outsold the PS2 in the beginning. Your point?

Agree.

You do realize no chance means 0%? Simply not true.

Link?

What?

Yes it did. November/December 2006. The release of Gears of War was profitable for Microsoft. Also, H3 is coming out this September. Followed by GTAIV. And to push the pace, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon etc. etc. can be ways to pursuade more people buying the console. Mark my words, around H3's release, MS will have a profitable month again.

Yeah they posted a profit before thats why just like 2 weeks ago there was an article on Gamespot saying an Analyst predicts that teh buissiness from Halo3 releas wil bring them Theri 1st profitable quarter right. maybe that analyst doesnt know what 1st means or something. did u even read all the posts before then u would see the relevance in all these points. Agian where Peter Moore said he doesnt think the 360 will sell better thatn the original Xbox was from an article on Gamespot where they said they were going to try to be more kidfreindly.

Yeha Microfsoft will be real profitable because they pay for all thier exclusive pay for exclusive conten and flaunt so much cash around all this fall becuz ppl will automatically opt to buy a 360 over the ds / psp/ ps2/wii/and sp3 right. PLus since the Zune is part of the games division its a good thing the Zune is selling so greatly right. Oh not too mention they lose money on every console yeah they are going to be very profitable.