next consoles expectation vs current consoles

salman261802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 0

Poll next consoles expectation vs current consoles (51 votes)

noticeable difference 29%
not much 63%
doesn't matter as long as it's 4k 60 FPS 8%

for me i don't think there is a big of a difference in graphic (not resolution) between last gen of consoles and current gen

just curious to know what do you think will happen for the next gen .....?

• 
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#1  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

It's weird. I have zero expectations. The biggest thing for me would be 60fps and the shortening of the load times. (Hybrid disk?)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I want the next God of War to look even better than the last God of War.

Also Naughty Dog new IP ?

Also The Elder Scrolls 6 to not be shit

Also another Spiderman man game that's even better than this one

The above = what I want next gen

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts

There won't be much of an improvement. Gaming graphics have pretty much hit a wall

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69443 Posts

More stable performance that's about it.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Normal games I think will be pretty much the same, which is ok. The area where things may happen is VR if someone decides to go for it. Wireless would be a big thing. Better controllers för PSVR. I could see myself diving into VR next gen if so. Really enjoyed Superhot when played at a friends.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56087 Posts

"Not much" is what I expect tbh.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm expecting a small-med bump in capabilities. I expect 4k native and the fps to scale depending on what type of game.

For the most part my launch PS4 has great graphical capabilities. I'm not worried about a massive leap when games already look fantastic.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

After the first year or so you'll start seeing the bigger leaps in physics and fidelity. Same as every gen.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Hardware: Not expecting too much.

Software: Usual handful of good exclusives.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

After all the downgrades this gen I would like to see E3 remasters of Watch Dogs and the Division to make things right for next gen.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Not much, I thought the leap this gen seemed smaller than last. The race for 4k I think will lower potential, the increased demands of higher resolutions have pretty much killed performance and as a result the quality of assets.

If you look at high end graphics card performance on PC they rarely hit 4k 60 on demanding games, and although that might be in ultra settings, and even side by side you probably won't see all that much difference between that and whatever settings they choose on the BonerX

With next gen consoles most likely launching next year, we aren't going to be getting 2080ti performance.

Avatar image for exothermicgamer
ExothermicGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ExothermicGamer
Member since 2018 • 22 Posts

Graphics in general are starting to reach diminishing returns. I mean just look at Ray Tracing. Is it REALLY that big a leap? I know it is impressive from a technological point of view but it basically takes stuff we are already accustomed to and extends it. It isn't exactly day and night.

Like having reflections in surfaces for things which are not on the screen. The reflection itself isn't anything new. The gimmick is the light source casting the reflection doesn't need to be physically rendered in the scene for it to show up. It makes the scene more realistic if used properly but as I said not really mind blowing.

Same with 4K. It is just a game with more pixels. Sure if you utilise all of those pixels using MASSIVE textures it can look impressive but when games like Quantum Break come out and look impressive even at 720p it is clear that high resolution is underutilised and largely superfluous.

The biggest thing for me is though that this generation has been the most disappointing generation of games I have ever lived through. So much so I won't be buying the next generation of consoles. Which is the first time in my entire life.

There have been a few stand out games like Witcher 3 but they were massive gulfs in between where I didn't buy anything for months.

Trash like Fallout 76 will still be trash played at 4K, with ray tracing or any of the other modern graphical technology. Gameplay means more than visuals.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Options. More choice, more customization, more games.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Games already look so damn good, that i'm not worried a bit. We have been seing more and more console games running at 60fps, so i expect 60fps standard to be the main step. Ray tracing would also be great, but i'm not sure if that will be possible for most games.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

I don't think this is a massive differenct this m time definitely but on the other hand it is more significant than many people seem to imagine IMO.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

I remember the difference between PS3 end cycle games and PS4 release games not have a significant difference in terms of graphics.

Compare something like God of War to a end cycle PS3 game and the difference is day and night.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

I remember the difference between PS3 end cycle games and PS4 release games not having a significant difference in terms of graphics.

Compare something like God of War to a end cycle PS3 game and the difference is day and night.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I expect smaller graphical upgrades, but higher resolutions. I hate the fact that TV manufacturers are going 8K this year, because it provides the basis for console manufacturers to follow suit and prove their shit, in order to sell the latest and greatest.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

It's going to be massive, at lest for PS5 exclusives!

And then the industry will work to match that bar and multiplats will slowly approach that level.

It's the same thing that happened this generation and will be the same for the next.

If it was just MS and Nintendo it might not be much of a leap but because of Sony and their AAA exclusive studios pushing the boundary of their hardware, that will make way for ground breaking increase in graphics.

Last gen

current gen

Anyone who just think it will only be resolution and framerate are pretty dumb because all games are still developed around the limitations of base PS4 and Xbox One. 1.8 and 1.3TF systems.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I’m not sure we’re ready for next gen (I have an X1X) - unless you own a base X1 or ps4 - but even then, have they reached their limit in terms of possibilities?

Either way I’m on board with the next Xbox - the premium version please!

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@boxrekt said:

And then the industry will work to match that bar and multiplats will slowly approach that level.

It's the same thing that happened this generation and will be the same for the next.

If it was just MS and Nintendo it might not be much of a leap but because of Sony and their AAA exclusive studios pushing the boundary of their hardware, that will make way for ground breaking increase in graphics.

Last gen

current gen

Anyone who just think it will only be resolution and framerate are pretty dumb because all games are still developed around the limitations of base PS4 and Xbox One. 1.8 and 1.3TF systems.

Last gen he looks like a mean mofo, this gen he looks like a cross between Triple H & Sheamus, in other words a pasty old fart lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I don't care for graphics and the like, just give me good gameplay and the rest will look after itself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

I don't care for graphics and the like, just give me good gameplay and the rest will look after itself.

Well, if you have a game with an awesome gameplay, but you're stuck with big chunk of its playthrough with low fps stuttering shitfest, it affects the gameplay in a very bad way too, so that's why gameplay+graphics MUST go hand-in-hand.
----
On topic: Honestly, i'll wait few years until the new consoles are some time on the market (that's usually when the release of ''slim'' updates occurs), to decide if it's worth enough to even buy one (be it MS/Sony/Nintendo).

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#25 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I'm not expecting a huge leap. It'll be nice to own a new console though whenever that'll be.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Resolution won't change much from the current X1X and frame rates will depend on what the developers target with the game and or how much they push the graphics but I expect a big jump in animation, lighting and level of detail with the extra power in future games that isn't possible now.

pankar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pankar94
Member since 2014 • 251 Posts

If you move from standard PS4/one then yes the difference will be huge. Just compare Xbox one s with Xbox one X graphics. However, if you already have pro/X then you'll still see a difference but it might feel more like an upgrade.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#28 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69443 Posts

Some folks really are not aware that we have hit a wall in performance and diminishing returns in graphics so great disappointment will follow.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

There would be a noticeable difference in some areas, perhaps frame rate and 4K play-ability, but other than that, I'm not expecting all too much.

Then again, considering I'm going to just buy what I want for what I already have, it's little more than a curiosity to me weather my expectations would have been met or not.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts
Loading Video...

:P

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

4k/60FPS being the norm, and better load times.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator

@hrt_rulz01 said:

4k/60FPSbeing the norm, and better load times.

That will never happened for a reason. 4K/30fps is all you will ever gonna get but then again, console gamers don't mind 30fps anyways.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hrt_rulz01

@davillain-: Wtf are you talking about? We have 4k/60 games now on X. With even more powerful hardware with the next consoles, it should be easily achievable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts
@Pedro said:

Some folks really are not aware that we have hit a wall in performance and diminishing returns in graphics so great disappointment will follow.

That's only half-correct statement. For consoles it's a YES, for PC's it's a NO.

Your current avatar and sigpic is correctly stating my facial expression right now, though...?

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Better looking games require large investment in development cycle.

UE4 isn't a miracle maker. Games won't look any better without the talent in art direction, texture artists, modellers, level designers to create a visual spectacle which can only happen with the appropriate budget and right team of people, including account managers and game directors and designers.

So don't expect that to automatically happen because technology.

I want to see SSD hard drives and something like the Steam store built in with a community and game curators and lists, finding the good games for me so they don't get lost underneath all the hyped games.

I want games to be under 300mb and I want my trackball pad.

Also I want wavetable synth built in hardware.

In form about the PC engine would be a good size and not black.

I want it to max out at 720p res. That is the only way you can ensure 60fps guys. My tv is already op at 720p. You will find that unless you are two feet from the screen you won't be able to tell.

Also deferred shading and other advanced efficiency techniques built into hardware to further improve 3d performance.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

Of course I want next-gen to be technically superior, but gameplay still comes first. Heck, I'm even replaying good old Oblivion on my xbox one x and can't be too bothered by the dated graphics.

I think Far Cry 5 on the xbox one x is the best example of what I want from next-gen. The game looks brilliant, definitely superior to any base xbox one or PS4 game, AND Ubisoft didn't forget about the gameplay, since it is a lot of fun to play. Advanced graphics and excellent gameplay go hand in hand here.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@davillain-: Wtf are you talking about? We have 4k/60 games now on X. With even more powerful hardware with the next consoles, it should be easily achievable.

Even if a console such as Xbox One X can go above 60fps, and even if your TV is 120hz, I’m fairly sure that HDMI itself can’t transmit more than 60fps, so the point is kinda moot. You need DisplayPort or DVI-D to go above 60fps and as far as I know, the Xbox One X doesn’t support either of those. (yet, until Xbox Scarlet perhaps?)

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Actually I could see at least one company just kinda really being amazing and taking everything out of the water somehow... I just don't know which company it would be but it'd be kinda icnredible I'm sure.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@davillain- said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Even if a console such as Xbox One X can go above 60fps, and even if your TV is 120hz, I’m fairly sure that HDMI itself can’t transmit more than 60fps, so the point is kinda moot. You need DisplayPort or DVI-D to go above 60fps and as far as I know, the Xbox One X doesn’t support either of those. (yet, until Xbox Scarlet perhaps?)

Huh? Who said anything about going above 60FPS? I said 4k/60FPS standard.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

List them. They don't even have to be native. Just some sort of reconstructed 4K AND 60fps. Go!

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@boxrekt said:

Last gen

current gen

Higher CPU power changes the game simulation's scale while the GPU renders the view port.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

I expect to pick a next gen (ps5 or Scarlett) up in a year or so after it's release, with the usual combo package they make including an extra controller and some games for the original msrp. There are just tooooooo many games still in my backlog, it's ridiculous. Gaming has become so good with so many good games available it's hard to invest in a new console after purchasing an X one and a half year ago. Anxiously waiting on Halo Reach's 4k 60fps addition to the Master Chief Collection.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@goldenelementxl: Off the top of my head -

Forza Motorsport 7, Halo 5, Halo MCC, Wolfenstein II, COD WW2, Doom 2016, Titanfall 2, Project Cars 2, Killer Instinct, F1 2017/18, Dirt Rally 2.0, Diablo 3, Cuphead...

To name a few... there's more but. And yes, I know some of these have dynamic resolution, but most of the time it's 4k.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

Have 4k tv so I do hope for 4K60FPS content.