Nex Gen Graphics Tease

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamespot4life
Member since 2007 • 1301 Posts

Just read an article on IGN.COM and from they are saying we can expect something like this pics here:

The first pic looks alot like a certain game that game out on PC almost 5 yrs ago...... Even so I still be very satified with this. what do you think?

peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

High end graphics like those images cost a ton of money to produce.

Honestly, I'd rather have more games and inferior graphics, than fewer games and graphics like the pictures you just showed us.

Very few development studios can afford $20 million+ budgets.

Avatar image for Stalkerfieldsis
Stalkerfieldsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Stalkerfieldsis
Member since 2011 • 659 Posts

Just read an article on IGN.COM and from they are saying we can expect something like this pics here:

The first pic looks alot like a certain game that game out on PC almost 5 yrs ago...... Even so I still be very satified with this. what do you think?

gamespot4life

Exactly, just because its consoles, you are "satisfied" with it just now reaching the level of a 5 year old PC game, stop with the double standards, this is not impressive.

gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gamespot4life

[QUOTE="gamespot4life"]

Stalkerfieldsis

Exactly, just because its consoles, you are "satisfied" with it just now reaching the level of a 5 year old PC game, stop with the double standards, this is not impressive.

What double standard, damn why does everything on here have to turn into an argument of sides. and BTW its a 5 yr old game that most people cant even run now on their current pc, not looking that good anyway.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

[QUOTE="Stalkerfieldsis"]

[QUOTE="gamespot4life"]

gamespot4life

What double standard, damn why does everything on here have to turn into an argument of sides. and BTW its a 5 yr old game that most people cant even run now on their current pc, not looking that good anyway.

You cant be serious any halfway serious Pc gamer has a Geforce 8800 or AMD 4000's series or better that can run Crysis on high settings just fine Dont know what your smoking.....

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
Crysis and a pic from AMD's laydbug demo.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

its a 5 yr old game that most people cant even run now on their current pc

gamespot4life

that is just plain wrong

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#8 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

I think they were posted here already.

gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamespot4life

[QUOTE="gamespot4life"]

[QUOTE="Stalkerfieldsis"]

04dcarraher

You cant be serious any halfway serious Pc gamer has a Geforce 8800 or AMD 4000's series or better that can run Crysis on high settings just fine Dont know what your smoking.....

Ok so everyone that owns a computer plays games with it?????? I think your the one thats holding the pipe. How many people that own a computer play games on it?? I dont. The majority of PC's that are in peoples homes at this current time cant run Crysis on high. Maybe not even medium.
peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

[QUOTE="gamespot4life"]

gamespot4life

Ok so everyone that owns a computer plays games with it?????? I think your the one thats holding the pipe. How many people that own a computer play games on it?? I dont. The majority of PC's that are in peoples homes at this current time cant run Crysis on high. Maybe not even medium.

And lots of people only have laptops / desktops with integrated graphics cards.

GPU intensive processes like Crysis don't even run on those kind of computers.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rilpas

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

[QUOTE="gamespot4life"]

gamespot4life

not everyone that owns a computer is a PC gamer

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
I preview of what Sheep will miss out on. Imagine the images at lower framerates and worse graphics and you have what cows will experience.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 04dcarraher
[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

[QUOTE="gamespot4life"]

gamespot4life

Did I say everyone? no did I say every Pc? no you need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.... Key phrase " any halfway serious Pc gamer" Also a Geforce 7800 can run Crysis on medium a nearly 7 year old gpu. Now With AMD APU's your seeing basic computers getting gpu's that can run those types of games just fine.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rilpas
[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]I preview of what Sheep will miss out on. Imagine the images at lower framerates and worse graphics and you have what cows will experience.

don't forget lemmings
gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamespot4life

[QUOTE="gamespot4life"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

rilpas

that still keeps my point valid, most people cant run this game on their computer.
Stalkerfieldsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Stalkerfieldsis

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="gamespot4life"] Ok so everyone that owns a computer plays games with it?????? I think your the one thats holding the pipe. How many people that own a computer play games on it?? I dont. The majority of PC's that are in peoples homes at this current time cant run Crysis on high. Maybe not even medium. gamespot4life

that still keeps my point valid, most people cant run this game on their computer.

Yeah, its a modern 3D GAME, if you are gonna include PC's that aren't made to play games, than you are just using some stupid technicality. GTFO with your stupid logic.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Its like what they've showed us when Alan Wake was announced. Looked amazing, then the game came out and its not even in 720p :lol: These screens are impossible for next gen but the gen after, maybe.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
looks like 2007
soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts
just look at current high end PC games and you have the idea. it'll take time to fully take advantage of the hardware, but again due to optimisation..consoles are ahead, since not many devs will risk throwing the ammount of money towards exclusive PC games....for obvious reasons. and since consoles are much more mainstream for teh price and kiddos.
imelitenow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 imelitenow
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

720 exclusive pics right there, too bad the ps4 and wiiU can't produce those graphics.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="gamespot4life"] Ok so everyone that owns a computer plays games with it?????? I think your the one thats holding the pipe. How many people that own a computer play games on it?? I dont. The majority of PC's that are in peoples homes at this current time cant run Crysis on high. Maybe not even medium. gamespot4life

there are 6 billion people in the world, most people can't play console games either :roll:

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

looks like 2007campzor

Funny. Most PC gamers say it's still the best looking game on the market.

Double standards by the console players? Hypocrites on the PC.

Basically it's all foolish. Those graphics look great. We've hit a point where graphical advances have pretty much stopped in games. There is no development studio out there that has the time and money to make the most photorealistic graphics and still make a full game out of it.

gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamespot4life
I can take any other pc game that came out during the same time as crysis and I bet you it will play on a normal pc. you gtfoh with your dumb logic...
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rilpas
I can take any other pc game that came out during the same time as crysis and I bet you it will play on a normal pc. you gtfoh with your dumb logic...gamespot4life
define "normal" PC
Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

That looks decent.

Although, really, what was everyone expecting? Based on the responses in this topic, they were expecting magic.

gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamespot4life
No my comphrension skills are just fine, your the one that got specific and said pc gamers but before you said that I clearly said: its a 5 yr old game that MOST PEOPLE cant even run now on their current pc, not looking that good anyway. You people are so quick to argue over the internet, get a life.
gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gamespot4life
[QUOTE="gamespot4life"]I can take any other pc game that came out during the same time as crysis and I bet you it will play on a normal pc. you gtfoh with your dumb logic...rilpas
define "normal" PC

your mom bent over with a calculator.......
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"][QUOTE="gamespot4life"]I can take any other pc game that came out during the same time as crysis and I bet you it will play on a normal pc. you gtfoh with your dumb logic...gamespot4life
define "normal" PC

my mother passed away a few years ago, thank you.

I'm done here

Stalkerfieldsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Stalkerfieldsis

[QUOTE="campzor"]looks like 2007Wasdie

Funny. Most PC gamers say it's still the best looking game on the market.

Double standards by the console players? Hypocrites on the PC.

Basically it's all foolish. Those graphics look great. We've hit a point where graphical advances have pretty much stopped in games. There is no development studio out there that has the time and money to make the most photorealistic graphics and still make a full game out of it.

PC gamers who say Crysis 1 (at least without mods, even with mods its a stretch) looks the best still ARE stupid.

Crysis 2 DX11, BF3 PC, and Arkham City PC, and Witcher 2 PC all look way better.

Even ARMA 2 (in every category BUT character models) can look better.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Looks good and all, but it is like others have stated. It is nothing more than consoles getting closer to what PC can already do.

Stalkerfieldsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Stalkerfieldsis

Looks good and all, but it is like others have stated. It is nothing more than consoles getting closer to what PC did in 2007, and having PC continue to go even further ahead.

AmazonTreeBoa

fixed

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I had a thread on this already and they are proven to be Crysis' tech demo in the top pic and an ATI tech demo I think in the bottom pic. They are guesses on what it could look like but I doubt they will be that graphically superior to this gen

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
Looks awesome cant wait. Pc fans are idiots. Crysis barely looked that good and that was on it's highest settings with a super computer. Imagine a fallout game (or any other multiplat) with those graphics.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 04dcarraher
Looks awesome cant wait. Pc fans are idiots. Crysis barely looked that good and that was on it's highest settings with a super computer. Imagine a fallout game (or any other multiplat) with those graphics.Miketheman83
Um you shouldnt called pc users idiots because you just shot yourself in the foot...... That top picture is Crysis.and you didnt need a super computer to play Crysis....
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Gamer's lesson number 1: do not believe IGN. Especially not their rumours. Also, those are AMD 5000 series tech demos.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

Those graphics are already available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shZzYkpl5Nk&list=FLy5ejUqhn0q2LWUpkKhA9Rg&index=28&feature=plpp_video

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#37 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

There was a TC who already posted this. I guess it got buried.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#38 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

More interested in gameplay evolvements than the graphics evolvement but w/e. Looks great.

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
this is so old
Pikachu69er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pikachu69er
Member since 2012 • 1381 Posts
this is just the last of us on ps3 guys
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#41 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Looks awesome cant wait. Pc fans are idiots. Crysis barely looked that good and that was on it's highest settings with a super computer. Imagine a fallout game (or any other multiplat) with those graphics.Miketheman83
I lol'd real good.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts
[QUOTE="rilpas"][QUOTE="gamespot4life"]I can take any other pc game that came out during the same time as crysis and I bet you it will play on a normal pc. you gtfoh with your dumb logic...gamespot4life
define "normal" PC

Pathetic. :roll:
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#43 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

The first pic looks like a modded version of Crysis. In all, I'm not too worried about graphics next gen. Graphics are fantastic right now. I'm more concerned about content.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

720 exclusive pics right there, too bad the ps4 and wiiU can't produce those graphics.

imelitenow
They are not that impressive. I would be appalled if that's all PS4 could do.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

Honestly, I'd rather have more games and inferior graphics, than fewer games and graphics like the pictures you just showed us.

peterw007
Or they could license Unreal Engine or something and most of the work is done, and let the art of the designers do the talking.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts
[QUOTE="peterw007"]

Wrong. Metro 2033 for example has graphics on the level of Crysis and had a very low budget.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Im very interested to see the next gen Call of Duty game

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

It looks good, I'm not sure why people need it to be better.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Looks like the top one is Crysis, and the bottom one is the AMD ladybug demo.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

[QUOTE="peterw007"]

SaltyMeatballs

Or they could license Unreal Engine or something and most of the work is done, and let the art of the designers do the talking.

Most of a game's budget goes to asset production, and licensing Unreal isn't going to magically make 10+ hours of content appear out of thin air. Even if you license an engine you still need a LOT of programmers, and you still typically need engine and tools programmers to customize something like UE3 to fit the needs of a game.