News of 30 to 60 % of all xboxes fail one year after purchase.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Serious
Member since 2005 • 433 Posts

An article on smarthouse.comsays that 30% of the Xbox 360 fail after the one year warranty. And that instead of Microsoft sendingback a repaired unit customers are getting refurblished units. According to 360 gamer magazine their own survey found a failure rate as high as 60%. Microsoft continues to deny any such problems with the Xbox 360 and says that the failure rate is about 4 to 5%. However this is higher than Ipods and PCs which have a 2% failure rate. Both articles found retailers, one anEB Games store manager, whowished to remain anonymous,contacted by Current.com.au, failure rates for the Xbox 360 have dropped in recent times but still outweigh hardware failures for competing consoles.

"We are definitely getting faulty hardware returns of the Xbox 360, but no-where near as much as we used to when it first came out," he said.

"On initial launch, close to 30 per cent of our [Xbox 360s] were coming back faulty, since then though we've only had a handful of consoles come back.

"As a comparison, we've only had one Nintendo Wii returned due to faulty hardware and the PS3 has been quite reliable as well with only about five returns so far."

The store manager pointed to the manufacturing process of the Xbox 360 as a possible cause for its relatively high rate of failure.

"With the Xbox 360 there are so many companies that have their finger in the pie and it could be contributing to the high failure rate. It's the only machine where the company that's branded on it, Microsoft, doesn't actually own everything in the device.

"For example, in the Xbox 360, the CPU is made by AMD and the video card is made by ATI, whereas with the PS3 everything is Sony, they've bought the IBM chips and put it all together in the one go, same with Nintendo, it's all in-house," he said.

We have all heard about the red ring of death. As more and more incident pour in we can only ask which system is faulty.

Sources:

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Home/D3Q7G8S2?page=1

http://www.current.com.au/2007/06/20/article/UDRLAUBGZP.html

sensesxfail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sensesxfail
Member since 2006 • 653 Posts
they really should work harder on a fix for the 360. i've had one die on me, and while it wasnt that bad of an ordeal, it was inconvienient. all i can say is to get a warranty.
dumfart66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dumfart66
Member since 2005 • 295 Posts

"For example, in the Xbox 360, the CPU is made by AMD and the video card is made by ATI, whereas with the PS3 everything is Sony, they've bought the IBM chips and put it all together in the one go, same with Nintendo, it's all in-house," he said..

Sony does not own the ibm cell, ibm still makes and sells it to them. Not to mention the fact that nvidia makes their video card. The ps3 is not all in house, it is the same as the 360. This itself makes the damn article faulty.

whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts

30 pct sounds like a bit too high. My 360 hasnt died on me and ive had it since march 2006 and no one i know irl has had their 360 break as well.But of course the hardware failures are a real situation, but i would suppose the max failure rate would be 10-20 pct.

All i can say is when you buy your 360, buy a warrantee, smartest 50 bucks you'll ever spend

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

60% sounds way too high, but 30% sounds roughly right for the launch consoles. 360's were heaping piles of **** just steaming with already buggered-up hardware and ruined innards. This could've been partly fixed if they delayed the machine until early 06.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

60% sounds way too high, but 30% sounds roughly right for the launch consoles. 360's were heaping piles of **** just steaming with already buggered-up hardware and ruined innards. This could've been partly fixed if they delayed the machine until early 06.

Optusnet

The 360 launch consoles were simply put together wrong, there was no reason to delay them. The problemhas to be that the GPU gets hotter than expected and with the design it doesn't have a larger enough heat sink for the amount of air flow. Increasing the air flow will allow the 360 GPU to last longer. MS could have changed the fans at any time but they choose not to, this is something that surprises me.

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

This is more proof in the face of lemming deniers.

Don't try to convince people it is 3-5%, lest you get owned again and again and again.........

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts
Stating the failure rate is 30 - 60% is just as bad as stating it's 3 - 5%. People are adding repaired console to the percentage, something you can't do.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

What is this considered as? Spam?

There is already a post about this. See the string of locked threads.

Original post.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25718261

Here is one on the 2nd page.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25724469

This is why this whole thing is blown out of control. Rabid fanboys and spamming.

Tangmashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tangmashi
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

3-5% is a blatant lie. Not only has my x-box 360 crapped out on me but also the only game that I bought for it which also came from M$(Gears of War) and I take great care of my system. I still have my original PS2 when it first came out and that still works, even my freaking 16 year old Sega Genesis works perfectly.

It's the only thing that pisses me off about M$, if the PS3 had the online capability and the games that they have I'd never have bought a 360.

Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Serious

What is this considered as? Spam?

There is already a post about this. See the string of locked threads.

Original post.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25718261

Here is one on the 2nd page.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25724469

This is why this whole thing is blown out of control. Rabid fanboys and spamming.

Truth_Hurts_U
I can't help if someone posted one of the article before me. but thanks for posting it 2 more times. I really appreciate as many posting as I can get. Hey look I posted it two more times. :)
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
They are making numbers up based on anecdotal claims and "surveys". How they went about the survey would be very interesing. I would not doubt that 360s have a higher than normal failure rate, but I would doubt that it is as high as 30%, let alone 60%.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

I can't help if someone posted one of the article before me. but thanks for posting it 2 more times. I really appreciate as many posting as I can get. Hey look I posted it two more times. :)
Serious

There 2 separate links. There is now 2 threads on the first page, that are about the exact same thing.

You can help it by using the search or looking 3 or 4 pages into the forum. No excuse for this.

This is the main cause of why this whole failure rate is out of hand.

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts

The 360 launch consoles were simply put together wrong, there was no reason to delay them.rrjim1

HAHAHAHA!!!

Talk about hitting rock bottom.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

And that instead of Microsoft sendingback a repaired unit customers are getting refurblished units. Serious

Well either I have no idea what refurbished means, or this article sucks. A few people have pointed out some of the other holes in the article.

e.g. CPU made by AMD? Roffles. More like IBM.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="Serious"]

And that instead of Microsoft sendingback a repaired unit customers are getting refurblished units. MyopicCanadian

Well either I have no idea what refurbished means, or this article sucks. A few people have pointed out some of the other holes in the article.

Instead of them taking days to repair your system, they would just get your defective unit and send back a unit that had been repaired previously and was waiting for a new home. This part was true, but MS has said in the last few months that now at least 80% of the units sent in would be repaired and returned, not new units.

However, I know that with my two units sent in, I recieved one brand new unit in original 360 box, and one refurbed unit. This third one will be my unit, repaired and sent back, so I have had all three possible outcomes.

Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Serious

Regardless if you believe the percentages. You have to admit that a lot of people have been complaining about malfunctioning Xbox 360s. Even people that love and support Xbox have stories of the system failing. I'm not at all surprised. When I had Windows 95 it sucked big time. My computer would freeze constantly. Windows 98 was only a little bit better.

What many people don't see is the way Microsoft cancelled the Xbox. Took all the games off of the shelves and made the Xbox 360 a single choice. Sony could do that with the Playstation 2. Stop production of the PS2 and and force everyone to to look into purchasing the PS3.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SpruceCaboose

Regardless if you believe the percentages. You have to admit that a lot of people have been complaining about malfunctioning Xbox 360s. Even people that love and support Xbox have stories of the system failing. I'm not at all surprised. When I had Windows 95 it sucked big time. My computer would freeze constantly. Windows 98 was only a little bit better.

What many people don't see is the way Microsoft cancelled the Xbox. Took all the games off of the shelves and made the Xbox 360 a single choice. Sony could do that with the Playstation 2. Stop production of the PS2 and and force everyone to to look into purchasing the PS3.

Serious

They forced no one into anything. They just stopped the Xbox, which is what Nintendo did with the GameCube. If Sony was losing money on the PS2, they would have done the same thing, instead, since the PS2 is a cash cow, they kept it going. Both companies made decisions that were smart financially. They didn't do it to be loyal or nice to you the consumer.

Please understand this, companies don't like you as anything besides money signs. They don't care about you, and they don't do things to be nice to you.

Oh, and your other point. I seem to remember (and was one myself) many people who complained about tons of dead PS2s, and yet they were supported still. Why? They had the best game offerings out at that time.

muff07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 muff07
Member since 2007 • 945 Posts
i know 3 people and together they have been through 7 360's so the 60% does sound beliveable and my origional ps2 still works
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SpruceCaboose

i know 3 people and together they have been through 7 360's so the 60% does sound beliveable and my origional ps2 still works muff07

That is anecdotal evidence, and it in and of itself proves nothing.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
I put up with the 360 being junk for the same reason I put up with the PS1 & PS2 being junk, for the games. Buy the warrenty and you are covered for 3 years.
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
30% maybe ...60% A huge lie.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Even 30% of 360s failing is a bit too high. That would pretty much require a mandatory recall. -_-
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

30% maybe ...60% A huge lie.turgore

Yeah, 60% is pushing it. But 30% failure rate is abysmal.

SunLord592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SunLord592
Member since 2003 • 2651 Posts
things aren't made as they use to be. unfortunately
leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 leejohnson7
Member since 2007 • 2909 Posts

[QUOTE="muff07"]i know 3 people and together they have been through 7 360's so the 60% does sound beliveable and my origional ps2 still works SpruceCaboose

That is anecdotal evidence, and it in and of itself proves nothing.

All adds up though, the amount of complaining that occurs. I doubt he had a PS2 that still works though, Ive had two dodgy ones, and still have a functional slimline. But, this anecdotal evidence is a damn site better than people pointing out that their 360s are fine, which is just silly. Its like the police trying to find out whose cars arent stolen to catch the theif.

lionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lionhunter
Member since 2003 • 411 Posts

An article on smarthouse.comsays that 30% of the Xbox 360 fail after the one year warranty. And that instead of Microsoft sendingback a repaired unit customers are getting refurblished units. According to 360 gamer magazine their own survey found a failure rate as high as 60%. Microsoft continues to deny any such problems with the Xbox 360 and says that the failure rate is about 4 to 5%. However this is higher than Ipods and PCs which have a 2% failure rate. Both articles found retailers, one anEB Games store manager, whowished to remain anonymous,contacted by Current.com.au, failure rates for the Xbox 360 have dropped in recent times but still outweigh hardware failures for competing consoles.

"We are definitely getting faulty hardware returns of the Xbox 360, but no-where near as much as we used to when it first came out," he said.

"On initial launch, close to 30 per cent of our [Xbox 360s] were coming back faulty, since then though we've only had a handful of consoles come back.

"As a comparison, we've only had one Nintendo Wii returned due to faulty hardware and the PS3 has been quite reliable as well with only about five returns so far."

The store manager pointed to the manufacturing process of the Xbox 360 as a possible cause for its relatively high rate of failure.

"With the Xbox 360 there are so many companies that have their finger in the pie and it could be contributing to the high failure rate. It's the only machine where the company that's branded on it, Microsoft, doesn't actually own everything in the device.

"For example, in the Xbox 360, the CPU is made by AMD and the video card is made by ATI, whereas with the PS3 everything is Sony, they've bought the IBM chips and put it all together in the one go, same with Nintendo, it's all in-house," he said.

We have all heard about the red ring of death. As more and more incident pour in we can only ask which system is faulty.

Sources:

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Home/D3Q7G8S2?page=1

http://www.current.com.au/2007/06/20/article/UDRLAUBGZP.html

Serious
DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts
if it was 60% GeOW would have over a 100% attach rate...
lionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lionhunter
Member since 2003 • 411 Posts

HELLO THIS THREAD LOST IT'S CREDIBILITY WHEN THE AUTHOR SAID THE XBOX 360 CPU IS MADE BY AMD.

It's cpu it's made IBM.

In fact,in terms of hardware producers,PS3 and Xbox 360 are about the same,both consoles have the same amount of third party hardware in them.

The difference is how the arhitecture is made,and of course,quality control.

Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Serious
[QUOTE="Serious"]

SpruceCaboose

They forced no one into anything. They just stopped the Xbox, which is what Nintendo did with the GameCube. If Sony was losing money on the PS2, they would have done the same thing, instead, since the PS2 is a cash cow, they kept it going. Both companies made decisions that were smart financially. They didn't do it to be loyal or nice to you the consumer.

Please understand this, companies don't like you as anything besides money signs. They don't care about you, and they don't do things to be nice to you.

Oh, and your other point. I seem to remember (and was one myself) many people who complained about tons of dead PS2s, and yet they were supported still. Why? They had the best game offerings out at that time.

It has been a long standing business model to take care of your customers. In every industry. You sell them a car, then you work hard to sell them the next car too. You work hard to build a brand name that people respect and want to use again and again. Not Microsoft. they have found that giving people no choice is the way to go. When web browsers were jumping and Netscape was king. Microsoft made IE a permanent part of windows. Made it so you couldn't use Netscape. By the time the courts put a stop to this. It was too late and everybody was using IE. When a company sells a system they should take in to consideration the consumers. Microsoft never did. One of my friends bought a Xbox 2 years ago. Now no games.

Now since the PS1 and PS2 lasted so long many people that purchased it are still enjoying them. Over a 3 years ago I was hearing how the Xbox was so much better than the PS2. According to your own logic. Due to th PS2s success. I guess the Xbox wasn't really doing as well as Microsoft told us. And yes the PS2 had disk read errors I got one last year. But that was only after 7 years of use. To get this many malfunctions this soon after a launch is unheard of. And your right no one was forced. They simply weren't given a choice. 30 million xbox units sold. and Xbox 360 has sold roughly 10 million. So approx. 20 million xbox users haven't inclined to upgrade. Yeah they want you to think the war is over and are trying their hardest to declare themselves the winner. Microsoft knows that the undecided for both previous systems haven't upgraded and they desparately need Sony undecided to come over to them. But as the PS2 is outselling everyone and all the games that are selling will only work with PS3. Where do you think those 120+ million PS2 consumers are going to go? I agree that a price cut on the PS3 would end the system wars. Microsoft will have you believe it means the PS3 failed. Yet we all know that if PS3s went for the same price as preminium Xbox 360 price. They woudl fly off the shelves.

Bad press about the Xbox 360 hardware problem must be covered up and not mentioned. Microsoft has used its influence with the american press has to push the "Has the PS3 lost?" story weekly to try and convince everybody that 10 million xbox 360s sold makes Microsoft the winner. I'm not buying it. This time next year the tide will turn just as it did with the Dreamcast which also has a year lead and a online system in play when the PS2 finally launched. I stood by and waited and watched as the PS2 with its DVD capable box beat the dreamcast. Now its Blu Ray and its showing every sign of winning against HD-DVD. And once the media war is won the console war will be next.

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
Mine failed the exact date I bought it one year before.
cwalters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cwalters
Member since 2003 • 2317 Posts

can't anyone read?

they said 30 percent at first, now its just a handful

sheeeesh

Atilac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Atilac
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
[QUOTE="Serious"]

And that instead of Microsoft sendingback a repaired unit customers are getting refurblished units. MyopicCanadian

for real. saying its AMD is almost as bad as saying its conroe.

Avatar image for TheGrossPervert
TheGrossPervert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheGrossPervert
Member since 2007 • 138 Posts

Well, time for Microsoft to break out the Z-Box!

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

Don't try to convince people it is 3-5%, lest you get owned again and again and again.........

hamidious

5% of 10 million is 500,000. That is a fact.

Provide a link or links where 500,000 people have stated that their 360 has crashed. Unless of course....you cant... :shock:

DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DarkRider23
Member since 2004 • 1753 Posts

Here's one thing you system wars people need to learn. Just because ONE store reports the failure rate to be 30% or so doesn't mean that's the actual f***ing percent of all the 360's combined. I swear to god, it's so stupid assuming that 3 mill/9 mill 360's failed so far. I highly doubt the number is that high. (Only had to put this in because I see way too many cows actually saying that 30% of 360's fail).

And yes, I know the 360 is a very fragile system, but I haven't had any problems with mine.

Serious, I have a request for you. Show me your evidence for all of your arguments.

One last thing, where is your Crystal Ball and Time Machin? I would like to borrow them sometime.

leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 leejohnson7
Member since 2007 • 2909 Posts
[QUOTE="hamidious"]

Magical_Zebra

Provide a link or linkswhere 500,000 people have stated that their 360 has crashed. Unless of course....you cant... :shock:

lol, stop with the "shocked" emoticon, you aren't shocked dude. And sinse there arent many people who dont at least know somebody who has had 360 troubles, you can bet it is at least close to 250,000.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

TC check your sources before trying to claim ownage or whatever you were trying to do. First off the SmartHouse article got their 30% number from one EB manager in Sydney, which is beyond embarassing for any self respecting writer to use as a legitamate source. Second the survey that gave the 60% figure is an informal survey, making it meaningless. There is no way to tell whether those who responded to the survey own 360s orthat their 360's are actually broken, not to mention the fact that people who have working 360's are much less inclined to reply to a survey about broken 360's. So next time how about we do a little research before posting mmmkay?

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="hamidious"]

leejohnson7

Provide a link or linkswhere 500,000 people have stated that their 360 has crashed. Unless of course....you cant... :shock:

lol, stop with the "shocked" emoticon, you aren't shocked dude. And sinse there arent many people who dont at least know somebody who has had 360 troubles, you can bet it is at least close to 250,000.

5% is 500,000. Im willing to say it may be close to that. 30%? Lol thats insane thats 3 million consoles. 250,000-500,000 is my bet. :shock:

TC, it sounded good though. :shock:

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
[QUOTE="hamidious"]

Magical_Zebra

Provide a link or links where 500,000 people have stated that their 360 has crashed. Unless of course....you cant... :shock:

no one ever considers the actual numbers when they say them Good job pointing that out

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts
I don't know whats worse, the people trying to use this article as 'proof' when it's so poorly written or the people that still post in this thread with their imaginary 'I'm on my 4th 360 and so are all my friends.' BS...
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Lets think about thisusing logic for a second...

Don't you think people that have had faulty consoles would come forth quicker than people without a faulty console? Unless the entire 360 owner group was accounted for or polled in anything of this sort, it's useless information.

As for the fanboys that are blind enough to actually believe this crap...heh, whatever helps you sleep better at night. Everyone knows that the 360 isn't the most reliable hardware, but 60%? I'd possibly think maybe more between 10 and 15%...not 60%. It's not even logical. They'd have a hell of a lot more trouble with lawsuits ifthat were the case.

And, for the record, i'm still curious how many of the fanboys on here are jack*ss enough to actually participate in one of these polls and say that they've had a "busted" 360. Get a clue.

GrlGmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 GrlGmr
Member since 2003 • 4179 Posts

It has been a long standing business model to take care of your customers. In every industry. You sell them a car, then you work hard to sell them the next car too. You work hard to build a brand name that people respect and want to use again and again. Not Microsoft. they have found that giving people no choice is the way to go. When web browsers were jumping and Netscape was king. Microsoft made IE a permanent part of windows. Made it so you couldn't use Netscape. By the time the courts put a stop to this. It was too late and everybody was using IE. Serious

You killed your credibility here, bud. Netscape always worked on Windows. I didn't switch over to IE until some time after IE5 came out, and that was because I had a consistant problem with Netscape Navigator that returned even after I'd done a complete clean install of Windows. There weren't any other browsers that worked particularly well at that time. They made IE an integral part of Windows and you couldn't get rid of it completely, but that didn't stop Netscape from working, such as it did.

When a company sells a system they should take in to consideration the consumers. Microsoft never did. One of my friends bought a Xbox 2 years ago. Now no games.Serious

Then your friend is a moron. The 360 has been out for over a year and a half. Even before it launched you could look at the announced games and tell that MS was going to kill the Xbox off quick.

Now since the PS1 and PS2 lasted so long many people that purchased it are still enjoying them. Over a 3 years ago I was hearing how the Xbox was so much better than the PS2. According to your own logic. Due to th PS2s success. I guess the Xbox wasn't really doing as well as Microsoft told us.Serious

There are many qualificationsfor the word 'better' around here. Technologically it was a better console. Everyone knew that too.

And yes the PS2 had disk read errors I got one last year. But that was only after 7 years of use. To get this many malfunctions this soon after a launch is unheard of. And your right no one was forced. They simply weren't given a choice. 30 million xbox units sold. and Xbox 360 has sold roughly 10 million. So approx. 20 million xbox users haven't inclined to upgrade. Yeah they want you to think the war is over and are trying their hardest to declare themselves the winner. Serious

They didn't sell 30 million Xboxes in the first year and a half of the system's lifespan. Companies declaring themselves the winner is hardly new. Sony declared themselves the winner of this gen before the PS3 even launched.

Microsoft knows that the undecided for both previous systems haven't upgraded and they desparately need Sony undecided to come over to them. But as the PS2 is outselling everyone and all the games that are selling will only work with PS3. Where do you think those 120+ million PS2 consumers are going to go? Serious

If current numbers indicate, to the Wii.

I agree that a price cut on the PS3 would end the system wars. Microsoft will have you believe it means the PS3 failed. Yet we all know that if PS3s went for the same price as preminium Xbox 360 price. They woudl fly off the shelves.Serious

Yes, they would. Sony managed to kill a lot of their support with their high price tag and their arrogance. Mostly the price though.

Bad press about the Xbox 360 hardware problem must be covered up and not mentioned. Microsoft has used its influence with the american press has to push the "Has the PS3 lost?" story weekly to try and convince everybody that 10 million xbox 360s sold makes Microsoft the winner. I'm not buying it.Serious

Pfft. The media doesn't need Microsoft's influence to pick up on that. Besides, at the moment the Wii is Microsoft's biggest worry, and that hasn't stopped pro-Wii stories from running.

This time next year the tide will turn just as it did with the Dreamcast which also has a year lead and a online system in play when the PS2 finally launched. I stood by and waited and watched as the PS2 with its DVD capable box beat the dreamcast. Now its Blu Ray and its showing every sign of winning against HD-DVD. And once the media war is won the console war will be next. Serious

Yawn yawn. More 'just wait until (X date) the PS3 will succeed!'. Like we haven't heard that argument before.

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
I haven't heard of this site, but the fact that they claim AMD makes the 360's CPU causes me to question their credibility
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
cpu made by amd :lol: it world work it amd made the cpu
InSaNeHbOy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 InSaNeHbOy
Member since 2003 • 128 Posts
wow. hope my 360 doesnt croak soon.
Subcritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 Subcritical
Member since 2004 • 2286 Posts
[QUOTE="Serious"]

SpruceCaboose

I have read your posts up to this point. You state that companies just want to make money from the consumer, which is absolutely correct. Yet you defend the product Microsoft produced with excuses.

Just face the fact. Microsoft makes junk. And because of their tremendous financial girth, they don't give a damn.

This points out the important fact about Microsoft and the problems associated with that corporation: they are powerful, engage in unfair business practices, and produce marginal products with little commitment to quality. All of this, in the end, illustrates abusiness strategythat is bad for gamers. As Microsoft attempts to control video gaming entertainment, much like their grip on consumer OS, gamers will pay more, get less, and have no choice.

Matt747uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Matt747uk
Member since 2006 • 313 Posts

Well I've had mine since launch with no problems, so these numbers mean nothing to me.

Then again I've never had a console break on me, not a single one ever.

I'm not saying it's the owner's fault if the 360 breaks, but I can't help but think that if people took a little more care, that number would decrease quite a bit.