Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#52 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@SonySoldier-_- said:

This has already been talked about millions of times. If they removed Kinect they could unlock the Hidden 10% Super Secret Sauce Power blah blah blah. So the $399 kinectless Xbone could be more powerful than the $499 Xbone with Kinect?

No, I doubt it. But they may disable Kinect for some games that want that 10%. That's the most likely thing from the sound of it... they could allow developers to disable Kinect so Microsoft didn't look like the bad guys when people realized they wouldn't be able to say "Record That" etc.. This is all just conjecture, though... who knows what will happen at this point?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#53 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I bet that will make it bridge the next 8 years just fine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

Eh....more secret sauce?

Now that's funny. LOL

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

So they overclocked the ram a little?... Erm well done but almost completely useless.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Does this mean less and less memory is going to be dedicated to each consoles OS, or does that not factor in?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts
@lglz1337 said:

792.9p is almost here people!

plz be excited!

You're not funny dude so don't even try.

Batt1eRatt1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 Batt1eRatt1e
Member since 2014 • 131 Posts

I love that MS is ensuring Xbox One users are getting monthly updates, increasing power, GwG and GwD, adding apps, listening to consumers, and the list goes on and on.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@FastRobby said:

You really think I'm checking facts every time? Just for a comment on a forum? I don't have a problem with being wrong, so I really don't care about checking facts, when I think I'm right... :D

damn, you got shot down on that pretty hard. lol. Lil hint, read the links you post next time, bub ;)

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

No matter how many software updates the XB1 gets. It will always have a peak performance of 1.3 TF. No amount of software will change that. PS4 is 50% more powerful. That gap will never close given that Sony also improve their SDK's over the years (which they will). There is no gap closing here.

The PS4 uses some of it's GPU for it's own resources so it's likely around 1.7 TF. So the Xbox One is going to be closer but the PS4 is still going to be a little more powerful. Now if Cloud computing can offload some resources on some Xbox One games you'll see some really impressive games in the next few years. I think one could be a new Crackdown 3 for physics.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50536 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

I was about to post this

And the doubters doubted

Cows are shaking in their hooves.

Please explain to me why cows should be worried.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

Keep talking stupid Microsoft. SMH

Patch it in a game to PROVE it....or STFU about it.

Words are just that. Words.

Implement this power into Forza or something. This act is old.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 B4X

@batt1eratt1e said:

I love that MS is ensuring Xbox One users are getting monthly updates, increasing power, GwG and GwD, adding apps, listening to consumers, and the list goes on and on.

I just downloaded a 368 meg update that added amazing features. While Sony is still stabilizing my PS4.

Shits old Sony.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I'll believe all this "secret sauce" once it's been proven. Otherwise this is almost laughable people think the XB1 is gonna unlock some hidden "power"

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 B4X

@Animal-Mother said:

I'll believe all this "secret sauce" once it's been proven. Otherwise this is almost laughable people think the XB1 is gonna unlock some hidden "power"

Winning post.

They need to show it in a game that is already out. Or stfu and deal with their weak sauce shit.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I just gave my Xbox a gentle tap and whispered in its massive cooling vents "I love you".

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@littlestreakier said:

@gago-gago: good, I'd like a reason to sit a XB1 next to my PS4, but as it stands now there's no reason for me to do that.

IDK i have both and I'm glad I do.

I'm not denying that there are people that are really enjoying their XB1/PS4 and I think that's great. But for me specifically I just don't have a reason to own one yet. I've owned playstation and xbox every generation so far, so I expect this gen to be no different. I'm hoping e3 will be great this year for Sony, MS, and Nintendo.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@FoxbatAlpha said:

I just gave my Xbox a gentle tap and whispered in its massive cooling vents "I love you".

meanwhile over here:

foreveralone.jpg

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@misterpmedia said:

How many articles do they really need to make about that 10% kinect reserve being given back. lol Didn't they already give some back? How much is honestly left? Baha.

edit: lel they've already given back 8% so that's what....2% left?

I don't think this has anything todo with kinect. Kinect is CPU, not GPU...

Hahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa........

See you don't know anything,there was an 8% reservation for Kinect GPU reservation that is,from the 10% 8% was Kinect 2% system already confirmed..

@FastRobby said:

Just thinking... :D Could be completely wrong :D Processing voice, would seem to me like something the CPU would do

But I'm wrong.

DF: Similar to PlayStation 4, two of the Xbox One's eight CPU cores are reserved for system functionality, but the Microsoft console's resources are further restrained by the way 10 per cent of its graphical power is allocated mostly for dealing with Kinect inputs.

Kinect audio is process by the sound chip Shapes.

@donalbane said:

I see a lot of PS4 enthusiasts talking trash about this like the PS4 is some kind of super computer by comparison. It's absurd. And another thing, if the PS4 had this announcement, you'd crap your skinny jeans.

The PS4 didn't have a 10% reservation to begin with so no..

More powerful cheaper is all we care.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

Kinect-less sku was the fatal blow, this is just burying the carcass. I will miss kinect, could have been a good pairing with vr.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@vickissv2 said:
@FastRobby said:

@misterpmedia said:

How many articles do they really need to make about that 10% kinect reserve being given back. lol Didn't they already give some back? How much is honestly left? Baha.

Did you even read the article? Kinect IS (was) GPU, and this is kinect related.

Didn't read it because I'm pretty sure Kinect is only CPU. I really don't think it communicates with the GPU, or that the GPU processes anything from the kinect

The kinect uses the GpGpu for something. I don't remember what it was.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

No matter how many software updates the XB1 gets. It will always have a peak performance of 1.3 TF. No amount of software will change that. PS4 is 50% more powerful. That gap will never close given that Sony also improve their SDK's over the years (which they will). There is no gap closing here.

The PS4 uses some of it's GPU for it's own resources so it's likely around 1.7 TF. So the Xbox One is going to be closer but the PS4 is still going to be a little more powerful. Now if Cloud computing can offload some resources on some Xbox One games you'll see some really impressive games in the next few years. I think one could be a new Crackdown 3 for physics.

Yeah i am going to need a link for that...

No matter what is 1.84TF vs 1.3...

The cloud can't offload anything major period internet totally lack the speed for it.

@b4x said:

@batt1eratt1e said:

I just downloaded a 368 meg update that added amazing features. While Sony is still stabilizing my PS4.

Shits old Sony.

Yeah where is the update to have more games and better score.lol

Don't get man this is MS just trying to convince suckers that the xbox one will have more power,in fact you can already see the update has been in use more games are 792p and 900p and some 1080p,this is just in time for E3 $399 xbox crap they just want to make the xbox one look as close as possible to the PS4 desperation is a stinky cologne.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

Every day that goes by The One gets better.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Animal-Mother

@kuu2 said:

Shouldn't it have been this good from the start?

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#76 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

if its on the intranets it must be true. everyone spread the word - its safe to buy xbox ones now!

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#77 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

7770 is suddenly an R9 290x.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

It will unlock 10% more lemmings in buying the console fooling them with more gpu sauce.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

I have gone on record and said the system was rushed. Are you looking for more reassurance?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Seriously. Same shit, different day.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@vickissv2 said:

@FastRobby said:

@vickissv2 said:
@FastRobby said:

@misterpmedia said:

Did you even read the article? Kinect IS (was) GPU, and this is kinect related.

Didn't read it because I'm pretty sure Kinect is only CPU. I really don't think it communicates with the GPU, or that the GPU processes anything from the kinect

lmao so you're admitting to commenting without checking out facts? it's not based on what you think.

"Xbox One has a conservative 10 per cent time-sliced reservation on the GPU for system processing. This is used both for the GPGPU processing for Kinect and for the rendering of concurrent system content such as snap mode," Microsoft technical fellow Andrew Goossen told us."

Hilarious. He's Just posting wildly and inaccurately. He saw a post he didn't like, but he didn't understand either. Posted anyways. Rush to damage control as much as possible while avoiding any and all actual information. Duly noted trolling and moronic behavior. :)

@misterpmedia said:

That's the most powerful 2% in the world of gaming PR.

But it makes headlines and people are dumb, so...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SolidTy
@SonySoldier-_- said:

This has already been talked about millions of times. If they removed Kinect they could unlock the Hidden 10% Super Secret Sauce Power blah blah blah. So the $399 kinectless Xbone could be more powerful than the $499 Xbone with Kinect?

Would you unplug a camera to unlock extra graphics? Is that option really the table? Haha.

Kinect is going to get really useless really fast as people start unplugging it and selling it.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Lems continue to embarrass themselves with clouds and secret sauce lol.

Clouds and secret sauce won't make up for that shitty Bonaire GPU. You guys better get used to 792p and other shitty odd resolutions.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SolidTy

@misterpmedia said:

@FastRobby said:

You really think I'm checking facts every time? Just for a comment on a forum? I don't have a problem with being wrong, so I really don't care about checking facts, when I think I'm right... :D

damn, you got shot down on that pretty hard. lol. Lil hint, read the links you post next time, bub ;)

lol.

@scottpsfan14 said:

The hardware is static, dang. I thought with enough updates it was going to go into beast mode, but I forgot they used cheaper and weaker parts and charged more for the machine.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SolidTy

@littlestreakier said:

darkangel115 said:

@littlestreakier said:

@gago-gago: good, I'd like a reason to sit a XB1 next to my PS4, but as it stands now there's no reason for me to do that.

IDK i have both and I'm glad I do.

I'm not denying that there are people that are really enjoying their XB1/PS4 and I think that's great. But for me specifically I just don't have a reason to own one yet. I've owned playstation and xbox every generation so far, so I expect this gen to be no different. I'm hoping e3 will be great this year for Sony, MS, and Nintendo.

I have both and I don't agree with that other hardcore fanboy slanted user (revealed in previous threads) at all with regards to owning both. He's all about selling Xbones every other sentence. I hardly use my PS4/Xbone, but I use my PS4 far more often than the Xbone. I bought at launch. PS4 gets multiplats due to performance (what I did with 360 last gen) and few exclusives. Xbone is used for few exclusives. Neither are in that OMG buy me! mode to me, but I always pick up the new toys at launch.

Other facts:

PS+ has given 9 games to PS4 since launch. It's just this month of JUNE that M$ finally are getting around to offering Games with Gold for Xbone, so maybe things will improve. Sony's been banging out PS+ games since launch. I'm not glad I own both, but it is what it is. My Wii U gets more play than either, but only slightly, but the most play in the house honestly is the PC and PS3. The 360 sort of tapered off on exclusives and I just finished some Wii games in my backlog. Moving along steady.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#88 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@speak_low said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I was about to post this

And the doubters doubted

Cows are shaking in their hooves.

That's actually a funny line. LOL

Btw I like this Spencer guy. He's getting so much more done ever since he took over. This guy is the real deal

Me too....I am hyped for E3

He has put a good PR face of games first, we respect the great team at Sony, fanboys are idiots, up. Very smart, humble approach.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Animal-Mother

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

I have gone on record and said the system was rushed. Are you looking for more reassurance?

Haven't seen that before. Carry on :D

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Animal-Mother

@lundy86_4 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Seriously. Same shit, different day.

I honestly don't know how people are buying this PR shit storm.

If they pull it off i'll eat my damn shoe. But otherwise what console has had power behind it's walls and has gotten better?

Granted these systems are closer to PC than anything But it's literally all up to development.
We saw what first party studios eeked out of Gen seven systems but the consoles were never at a better position than where they started.
Did software and dev kits get better? Yeah of course. But there's nothing out there that's physically in the system now that will make it better.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

If they pull it off i'll eat my damn shoe. But otherwise what console has had power behind it's walls and has gotten better?

Granted these systems are closer to PC than anything But it's literally all up to development.

We saw what first party studios eeked out of Gen seven systems but the consoles were never at a better position than where they started.

Did software and dev kits get better? Yeah of course. But there's nothing out there that's physically in the system now that will make it better.

We went through it last gen, and it was bad enough. The X1 is the weaker console this gen, but as long as it has some solid games, then who cares?

Exactly. We'll definitely get improvements, as engines and the like improve, but definitely no magic sauce.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@silversix_ said:

They're boosting an HD7770 LOLOL good luck bros

so how much more powerful is ps4? with consoles we aren't really in it for the graphics we just like console games.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@silversix_ said:

so how much more powerful is ps4? with consoles we aren't really in it for the graphics we just like console games.

yeah? then why did you upgrade to current gen? Not like it has more games to play...

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By B4X

@SolidTy said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FastRobby said:

lol.

@scottpsfan14 said:

The hardware is static, dang. I thought with enough updates it was going to go into beast mode, but I forgot they used cheaper and weaker parts and charged more for the machine.

The only thing cheaper and weaker is the GPU and core ram ddr5 vs ddr3. Hopefully the esram can close that gap. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Every other hardware feature is better or a push on X1.

CPU: push

WiFi controller: hands down X1

Sound chip: Hands down x1

Blu-Ray player: push

HDMI ports: X1

USB 3.0 ports: x1

Number of controllers that can be connected at once: X1

Controller: push, depends on what you prefer.

To say they added cheap shit and threw it in a box, when going head to head with Sony's cheap shit is kind of hyperbole.

The graphics card choice was a major fold on Microsoft's part. Considering this is a gaming console.

32 megs of esram seems rather near sighted also.

If they're going to talk this shit about power. They need to implement it into one of their exclusives. Hit the target mark they first showed for Forza. Then I might take this BS seriously.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Animal-Mother

@lundy86_4 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

We went through it last gen, and it was bad enough. The X1 is the weaker console this gen, but as long as it has some solid games, then who cares?

Exactly. We'll definitely get improvements, as engines and the like improve, but definitely no magic sauce.

Bingo, the question is what can MS do in the long term if it doesn't catch on (which is a possibility). I mean people talk and consumers talk we're a small minority but with a big voice. If people hear what's better from us the people who don't understand start talking regardless we argue about every stupid minuscule detail. But to the average joe, if they hear the PS4 does 1080P and 60FPS and the games run better on the PS4 that's all they need.

IMO MS has to really get a handle on a lot of solid games. I mean I hate to see them just throw money and toss around the competition and strong arm the games industry but it can very well happen but it won't happen as we have said with secret sauce.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@silversix_ said:

yeah? then why did you upgrade to current gen? Not like it has more games to play...

was tired of that long ass gen.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Bingo, the question is what can MS do in the long term if it doesn't catch on (which is a possibility). I mean people talk and consumers talk we're a small minority but with a big voice. If people hear what's better from us the people who don't understand start talking regardless we argue about every stupid minuscule detail. But to the average joe, if they hear the PS4 does 1080P and 60FPS and the games run better on the PS4 that's all they need.

IMO MS has to really get a handle on a lot of solid games. I mean I hate to see them just throw money and toss around the competition and strong arm the games industry but it can very well happen but it won't happen as we have said with secret sauce.

What are you all going on about? The issues with how you feel about Microsoft and the industry have little to do with what has happened with the update. It was stated before that they are just going to allow developers to determine if the additional features that where running in system background for kinect are needed for the game if not the total available resources will be increased. Its not "secret sauce" they are telling you exactly how they are doing it, its as simple as if you opened your task manager and shut down some of the background programs running on windows. You guys are blowing this up.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@donalbane said:

I see a lot of PS4 enthusiasts talking trash about this like the PS4 is some kind of super computer by comparison. It's absurd. And another thing, if the PS4 had this announcement, you'd crap your skinny jeans.

40-50% more powerful in sheer GPU throughput. MUCH moreso on overall system bandwidth.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Well they've got to do something, Sony is dancing all over them right now.

MS finally installed MSI afterburner.

Watch it be something like a 1 or 2% frame boost. All dat powa. Or even worse consoles start bricking, lol.

Now that would be a shit storm.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

ESRAM will start to shit on PS4 fans parade soon *From the Cloud and planet vegeta* and this is just the beggining.

Just Kidding but the 10-30# power advantage of PS4 cant save it from being infinitely inferior to PS1,PS2 and Xbox 360.