New Spyhon Filter!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordDhampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LordDhampire
Member since 2006 • 772 Posts

Their might be a new Syphon filter coming out

http://www.ps3center.net/news/2278/new-syphon-filter-title-in-development/

and if your not sure what Syphon Filter it was the most UNfun games on the ps1, and they made like three unequally fun games....

Honestly I think making this game is a waste of money your opinions?

AzuresNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AzuresNight
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts
the first spyhon filiter wasnt tat bad..over-tasering people was fun, havent played the other two so i dunno
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14825 Posts
I only liked the first one on PS1. Didn't care for 2 or 3 and never played the other ones.
_rpg_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 _rpg_FAN
Member since 2005 • 1418 Posts
I liked Syphon Filter 3 its one of first games i finished, i had real fun, well i was young than and i didnt care about unimportant stuff like resolution,af, textures,shaders etc. I wish i could enjoy games like back than and have fun again :( thesedays im just nitpicking "hmm lok at this look at that this texture could be bether etc." GIVE ME A BREAK you know what i mean?
ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
Wow haven't played Syphon Filter in forever.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
ha i was just playing syphon filter 1 today :P....heck ya im up for a next-gen syphon filter....but they better make it like the psp games and not like that one ps2 game. i liked the psp version because of the Gears of war cover system with metal gear solid spy gadgets...if thats in there....count me in...
theMarshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 theMarshell
Member since 2008 • 602 Posts
They did a good job with the PSP versions, hope they do the same with this one.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts
I like Syphon filter series, it is awesome, 1,3 and Omega strain on PS2 were all great.
ABigNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ABigNo
Member since 2009 • 140 Posts
Finally a new Syphon filter game can't wait all games were fun.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
Dude, the first Syphon Filter was one of the best games of all time in my opinion. I remember all my friends playing MGS, and I was into Syphon Filter, lol. Until this day I stand by that - Syphon Filter >>> MGS. (The first game, not the entire franchise.) Anyway, Sony is setting on a golden opportunity with Syphon Filter, here's hoping they will capitalize on it with current gen hardware.
LordDhampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LordDhampire
I can't believe so many people like these games....They were horrible in my opinion
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 carljohnson3456
I can't believe so many people like these games....They were horrible in my opinionLordDhampire
The first one was ahead of it's time in my opinion. The second one was good... the third one sucked. After that, I havent touched the franchise. I'm ready for it's rebirth though... on a true console, not the PSP.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HAZE-Unit
Dude, the first Syphon Filter was one of the best games of all time in my opinion. I remember all my friends playing MGS, and I was into Syphon Filter, lol. Until this day I stand by that - Syphon Filter >>> MGS. (The first game, not the entire franchise.) Anyway, Sony is setting on a golden opportunity with Syphon Filter, here's hoping they will capitalize on it with current gen hardware.carljohnson3456
First Syphon Filter >>>> first MGS and Im a big MGS fan, it was amazing and ahead of it's time.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HAZE-Unit
[QUOTE="LordDhampire"]I can't believe so many people like these games....They were horrible in my opinioncarljohnson3456
The first one was ahead of it's time in my opinion. The second one was good... the third one sucked. After that, I havent touched the franchise. I'm ready for it's rebirth though... on a true console, not the PSP.

Thats not cool, Omega Strain was amazing at it's time., try it out sometime And the third one was better than the second.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]Dude, the first Syphon Filter was one of the best games of all time in my opinion. I remember all my friends playing MGS, and I was into Syphon Filter, lol. Until this day I stand by that - Syphon Filter >>> MGS. (The first game, not the entire franchise.) Anyway, Sony is setting on a golden opportunity with Syphon Filter, here's hoping they will capitalize on it with current gen hardware.HAZE-Unit
First Syphon Filter >>>> first MGS and Im a big MGS fan, it was amazing and ahead of it's time.

In what I must ask?

LordDhampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LordDhampire

[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="LordDhampire"]I can't believe so many people like these games....They were horrible in my opinionHAZE-Unit

Thats sad, Omega Strain was amazing at it's time. And the third one was better than the second.

To each their own

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="LordDhampire"]I can't believe so many people like these games....They were horrible in my opinionHAZE-Unit

Thats not cool, Omega Strain was amazing at it's time., try it out sometime And the third one was better than the second.

I felt like with the third they jumped the shark.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HAZE-Unit

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]Dude, the first Syphon Filter was one of the best games of all time in my opinion. I remember all my friends playing MGS, and I was into Syphon Filter, lol. Until this day I stand by that - Syphon Filter >>> MGS. (The first game, not the entire franchise.) Anyway, Sony is setting on a golden opportunity with Syphon Filter, here's hoping they will capitalize on it with current gen hardware.JangoWuzHere

In what I must ask?

The gadgets, the sneaking missions, the controls were better and the story was also great, gameplay wise it was better becuase it had alot of unique and new ideas with each mission.
_rpg_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 _rpg_FAN
i remember last mission in i belive SF3 where you... [spoiler] ... are on moving train and you need to kill some women, she is locekd in cabin and driving, what you need to do is go up on train roof and walk to the front part of train than using termal googles see through roof and use some gun that was able to shoot trough metal that way woman was possible to kill and stop train [/spoiler] ... but my memory might play tricks on me , it was reeeeeeeeeeaallllllyyy long time ago
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HAZE-Unit
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"] The first one was ahead of it's time in my opinion. The second one was good... the third one sucked. After that, I havent touched the franchise. I'm ready for it's rebirth though... on a true console, not the PSP.carljohnson3456

I remember I didn't like the one with splitscreen competitve mode, was it the third or the second?
_rpg_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 _rpg_FAN
Reception (first Syphon Filter) IGN ranked the game #19 on their list of the "Top 25 Games of All Time" for the first PlayStation console.[1] GameSpot: 9.0 IGN: 9.5 Electronic Gaming Monthly: 7.62 out of 10 Official PlayStation Magazine: 4 out of 5
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"] Thats not cool, Omega Strain was amazing at it's time., try it out sometime And the third one was better than the second.HAZE-Unit

I remember I didn't like the one with splitscreen competitve mode, was it the third or the second?

The second had two player competitive.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HAZE-Unit
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"] I felt like with the third they jumped the shark.carljohnson3456

Then thats the one that was worse than the other one which was the third, I hope you understand what Im saying now :P
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"] I remember I didn't like the one with splitscreen competitve mode, was it the third or the second?HAZE-Unit

Then thats the one that was worse than the other one which was the third, I hope you understand what Im saying now :P

Oh I understand, I just disagree, lol.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#26 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts
I like SF. It was pretty good I guess.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"] First Syphon Filter >>>> first MGS and Im a big MGS fan, it was amazing and ahead of it's time.HAZE-Unit

In what I must ask?

The gadgets, the sneaking missions, the controls were better and the story was also great, gameplay wise it was better becuase it had alot of unique and new ideas with each mission.

The gadgets

explain because I only recall a few gadgets from the first SF and I never used the taser because I could simply just headshot everyone with a pistol.

the sneaking missions

If anything SF had some pretty broken stealth. Some of it was also trial and error and Theif came first by the way.

the controls were better

better then what?

the story was also great

Story was good but that does not make it ahead of its time. Their were games that had far greater storys then the game.

gameplay wise it was better becuase it had alot of unique and new ideas with each mission.

it was better then what?

gasmaskman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 gasmaskman
Member since 2005 • 3463 Posts

Awesome, I liked the one for PS2 (not for PSP), and the I remember the first one.

_rpg_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 _rpg_FAN
in few minutes ill be back with some screens awesome i didnt play this game in like... 10 years lol
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HAZE-Unit
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

In what I must ask?

JangoWuzHere

The gadgets

explain because I only recall a few gadgets from the first SF and I never used the taser because I could simply just headshot everyone with a pistol.

the sneaking missions

If anything SF had some pretty broken stealth. Some of it was also trial and error and Theif came first by the way.

the controls were better

better then what?

the story was also great

Story was good but that does not make it ahead of its time. Their were games that had far greater storys then the game.

gameplay wise it was better becuase it had alot of unique and new ideas with each mission.

it was better then what?

I said SF was better than MGS and you asked better in what and I've answered so obviously I was comparing it to the first MGS game..duh.

And it was a loooong time since I played the games and this is what I remember of the first SF, I liked it more than MGS, I can't go in detail becuase as I said I don't remember the details.

This is the best I could explain about the game.

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts
[QUOTE="LordDhampire"]I can't believe so many people like these games....They were horrible in my opinioncarljohnson3456

Oh man yes, I actually liked 3. Didn't touch the Omega Strain and the two PSP games were fun as well. I would love a PS3 syphon filter as I loved the originals. And to this date Rhomer had the best bad guy monolouge during the final battle. I ran around just to hear it all.
Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Eyezonmii
Member since 2008 • 2145 Posts
A MGS clone? Nuh, i'll pass....
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"] First Syphon Filter >>>> first MGS and Im a big MGS fan, it was amazing and ahead of it's time.HAZE-Unit

In what I must ask?

LOL
_rpg_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 _rpg_FAN
its not mgs clone not even similar syphon filter is more of action shooter here are some screens as promised
Panther501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Panther501
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts
woot spyhon filter was awesome. add this on to the growing list of great exclusives on the ps3.
Jrfanfreak88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 Jrfanfreak88
Member since 2008 • 1792 Posts

Their might be a new Syphon filter coming out

http://www.ps3center.net/news/2278/new-syphon-filter-title-in-development/

and if your not sure what Syphon Filter it was the most UNfun games on the ps1, and they made like three unequally fun games....

Honestly I think making this game is a waste of money your opinions?

LordDhampire
I dunno man I loved the first syphon filter on PS1.
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
I've played every Syphon filter game except the PSP versions and I have to say I had so much fun with the series. My favorite was syphon filter 3....the split screen multiplayer was so much fun.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
SF felt great on the PSP, both online and off.
GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts
I am a huge fan of the first 2. SF 3 sucked and Omega was ok. The PSP versions were cool but I didn't like the controls to much. I hope the they make a new SF for consoles that brings back the run and gun head shot tradition like the first.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
An announcement for Syphon Filter on the PS3 would be the best ****ing news EVER. That is all.
bethwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bethwo
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

Syphon Filter was easily one of my 3 favorite series on the PS1, I never played any of the ones on PSP though.

A Syphon Filter game for PS3 would just be, well, I would look something like this at the sight of it...

Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts
The only one i played is Syphon Filter 2 and the game was hard but i liked it.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The PSP titles have been really good, and the old PSOne titles back in the day were fun, but I think it would be a much better series on PS3.

Sony's 1st Party teams would do an outstanding job with the series, provided they are bringing it to the PS3 because they have fresh ideas, rather than bringing it because of the name.

I doubt the second option though, so far Sony's first Party games have been something special this generation, for the most part.

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts
Well, I personally think it was quite good for it's time. Syphon Filter 2 was one of my favourite PS1 games for it's splitscreen and interesting story.