New SNES Styled Controller filed for patent by Nintendo for the Switch

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
#1 Edited by ProtossRushX (5591 posts) -

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wireless-snes-controller-spotted-for-nintendo-swit/1100-6469052/

SNES games on the way to switch? Pretty cool if true
SNES games on the way to switch? Pretty cool if true

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#2 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31402 posts) -

Now I'm just wondering what some of the worst possible SNES game Nintendo could add are, and Nintendo actually adding them.

Avatar image for davillain-
#3 Posted by DaVillain- (37418 posts) -

Probably adding SNES games to Switch Online soon, so adding SNES type Joycons seems to be the logical conclusion.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#4 Posted by MirkoS77 (14351 posts) -

Great. So they’re going to start trickling out SNES games that no one cares about? $20 a year?? Sign me up, baby!

Avatar image for mandzilla
#5 Posted by mandzilla (4144 posts) -

That's swell, now they just need to bring out some SNES styled joy cons. The Euro/Japan themed ones I mean. No offence to the purple US colour scheme, but the latter is just more iconic imo!

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
#6 Posted by ProtossRushX (5591 posts) -
@MirkoS77 said:

Great. So they’re going to start trickling out SNES games that no one cares about? $20 a year?? Sign me up, baby!

That Nintendo drip feed.

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
#7 Posted by ProtossRushX (5591 posts) -
@mandzilla said:

That's swell, now they just need to bring out some SNES styled joy cons. The Euro/Japan themed ones I mean. No offence to the purple US colour scheme, but the latter is just more iconic imo!

Yeah wouldn't that be cool if they made SNES colored switch and joycons or a switch lite <3 the SNES!

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#8 Edited by uninspiredcup (34271 posts) -

An overpriced pad you can get for 1/7 the price off Ebay to play DRM roms that merely exist to justify a forced payed online subscription.

Good old Nintendo.

Avatar image for enzyme36
#9 Posted by enzyme36 (4255 posts) -

Looks like even more value added to Nintendo Online service

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#10 Posted by lundy86_4 (53601 posts) -

The pad is BS, but if Ninty start bringing a solid SNES lineup, then i'm in. They can't do this "trickle" bullshit, otherwise I just won't bother.

Avatar image for heirren
#11 Edited by Heirren (2185 posts) -

I didnt buy the NES controller attachments. 60 dollars for 2.

I picked up 2 of the Pokemon fighting game controllers by Hori, which are wired only, and those were 30 dollars for 2. Not too bad but was expecting the dpad to be a bit better.

Still this mean snes online multiplayer. Who can complain about that.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#12 Posted by mandzilla (4144 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: Definitely, it's got to be one of the most aesthetically pleasing controllers of all time.

Avatar image for davillain-
#13 Posted by DaVillain- (37418 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

The pad is BS, but if Ninty start bringing a solid SNES lineup, then i'm in. They can't do this "trickle" bullshit, otherwise I just won't bother.

I already own SNES Classic and if Nintendo wants my money, they need to add SNES that aren't already on Classic.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#14 Posted by Archangel3371 (28345 posts) -

Nice. I kind of want those NES controllers and I definitely want that SNES controller. Hopefully the SNES games start hitting their online service really soon. That system has a ton of great games that they can bring out for it.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#15 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19128 posts) -

Hopefully this does actually translate to SNES games on the Switch online service... they better not sell them separately :(

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#16 Posted by MirkoS77 (14351 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@lundy86_4 said:

The pad is BS, but if Ninty start bringing a solid SNES lineup, then i'm in. They can't do this "trickle" bullshit, otherwise I just won't bother.

I already own SNES Classic and if Nintendo wants my money, they need to add SNES that aren't already on Classic.

The SNES Classic isn't portable. Not a selling point for you?

Avatar image for davillain-
#17 Posted by DaVillain- (37418 posts) -

@MirkoS77: I'm not looking for a portable SNES.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#18 Posted by drummerdave9099 (4130 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Great. So they’re going to start trickling out SNES games that no one cares about? $20 a year?? Sign me up, baby!

Oh c'mon Donkey Kong Country, Mario World, Super Metroid, Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6- nobody cares about those games???

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#19 Posted by drummerdave9099 (4130 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@lundy86_4 said:

The pad is BS, but if Ninty start bringing a solid SNES lineup, then i'm in. They can't do this "trickle" bullshit, otherwise I just won't bother.

I already own SNES Classic and if Nintendo wants my money, they need to add SNES that aren't already on Classic.

There will be a few for sure link Chrono Trigger and DKC2. Most of the other really good SNES games I'm afraid they'd have licensing issues with like Turtles in Time, the Disney games, etc.

How cool would online multiplayer with Goof Troop be?

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#20 Edited by MirkoS77 (14351 posts) -

@davillain- said:

@MirkoS77: I'm not looking for a portable SNES.

But you realize that's a large appeal of having these games on the Switch? Just seems odd to compare it to the SNES classic as to why you'd not be purchasing.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#21 Posted by robert_sparkes (3218 posts) -

Would be great if they managed to get turtles and the Disney games on the switch. There's surely something happening with the snes.

Avatar image for clone01
#22 Posted by clone01 (27526 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:
@mandzilla said:

That's swell, now they just need to bring out some SNES styled joy cons. The Euro/Japan themed ones I mean. No offence to the purple US colour scheme, but the latter is just more iconic imo!

Yeah wouldn't that be cool if they made SNES colored switch and joycons or a switch lite <3 the SNES!

Why do you care? You don't have a Switch.