New 'Revised' Nintendo Switch units with better battery life now out in certain area's!

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 5707 Posts
you can tell its new switch if the whole box is red like this picture, the original which has some white on the box.
you can tell its new switch if the whole box is red like this picture, the original which has some white on the box.

An american youtuber from texas got one called "dreamcastguy" you might check your local target/best buy/walmart/gamestop to see if their stocking any new ones!

This is huge, I would get one but i really want the smaller lite with the d-pad :\ so Im gonna wait for that version, this one has apparently has 9 hours of battery life while playing games like FF7 and better joycons and all the same features as the original switch.

Anyone getting this or waiting for the lite or just sticking to the normal switch?

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 12887 Posts

@ProtossRushX: You should stop all your Switch shilling until you get one.

#cowinsheepsclothing

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19361 Posts

@i_p_daily: Lol I know... he's freaking me out. Is he just sh*t-stirring or what?

Anyway, I already have one... my local store had them. So far so good ?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3441 Posts

Is there some sort of serial number to look for doubt we'd get anything early in the uk anyway.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38599 Posts

Even though I already own a Switch since launch, I'm gonna go ahead and get the battery life upgrade and I'll be fine with this cause I wasn't gonna wait for Switch Pro model anyways since power isn't something I care on a Nintendo console.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28723 Posts

Yeah I saw that video from DreamCastGuy yesterday and was a bit surprised they were out already. Even though I have no real issues with the battery life of my current Switch I am kind of tempted to pick one of these up to replace it because having more battery life available would be nice. Also having a more efficient CPU and cooler running system is always good for system longevity as well. I’ll probably just wait to see if they bring out a Switch Pro though.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Don't care, waste of money and space.

Mini or GTFO

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 3803 Posts

@Ant_17: It's not a waste for new buyers. Unless you're suggesting that Nintendo should have just discontinued the normal model and gone 100% Lite, in which case... Well, it wouldn't be the dumbest thing you ever said but it would be up there.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Techhog89

@robert_sparkes: The box is different.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1156 Posts

Why would sheep care about battery life anyway? They are casual gamers and the switch has no games.

They buy like 1 or 2 games per year. The only time they play multiplayer is when their drunk friends come over for Mario party, but that is again...a couple times a year because the average sheep is 30-40 years old and life gets in the way.

But whatever, the sheep will buy the new version like they do everytime Nintendo releases something. It’s sickening.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 robert_sparkes

It's baffling they put a bigger battery than the lite that is handheld only.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38599 Posts

@Ant_17: How much smaller do you want the Switch to be?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Archangel3371

@robert_sparkes: Actually they put a smaller battery in the Switch Lite which is why it has less battery life then the revised Switch. The CPU is more efficient and helps extend battery life in both the Switch Lite and revised Switch.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 robert_sparkes

That cleans that up still want the lite over the revision.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 11760 Posts

@Ant_17: mini is a mistake, IMO. Works fine for games built for mobile (a la 3ds), but the whole point of the switch is that you can play console games as well - and for those the smaller the screen the worse. The text gets tiny, details that the dev assumes you can see start to disappear, and when they employ UI scaling then more and more of the FOV gets taken up by it.

The switch is like a Nomad, not a Game Gear

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5118 Posts

@ajstyles said:

Why would sheep care about battery life anyway? They are casual gamers and the switch has no games.

They buy like 1 or 2 games per year. The only time they play multiplayer is when their drunk friends come over for Mario party, but that is again...a couple times a year because the average sheep is 30-40 years old and life gets in the way.

But whatever, the sheep will buy the new version like they do everytime Nintendo releases something. It’s sickening.

But seriously though, you kind of hit the nail on the head why Nintendo will never see the kind of revenue Sony does with Playstation, because Nintendo guys are super exclusive with their purchases. It's the reason Nintendo still talks about wanting to strike big with mobile. No matter how many units they sell, there will always be this ceiling.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hrt_rulz01

@ajstyles: @BenjaminBanklin: Go away you clowns, nobody cares what you think... or are you the same person? Hmmm.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1156 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: No. This is my only account. Not an alt.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Archangel3371

@hrt_rulz01: It certainly wouldn’t surprise me. ?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 31718 Posts

It's longer battery life and HD rumble or a better d-pad. I'm gonna go with the former.

Can't wait for digital foundry to go in depth with this new chip.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BenjaminBanklin

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@ajstyles: @BenjaminBanklin: Go away you clowns, nobody cares what you think... or are you the same person? Hmmm.

But... you care what I think. Can I get you a tissue?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrt_rulz01

@Archangel3371 said:

@hrt_rulz01: It certainly wouldn’t surprise me. ?

Wouldn't surprise anyone... they lead very interesting lives these people. Lol!

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

But... you care what I think. Can I get you a tissue?

Lol. Who's crying? You're the one (along with your sad bovine friend - or are you the same person?) coming into a thread about the new Switch model, and spewing out Sony propaganda about revenue for some reason. What an exciting life you must lead.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hrt_rulz01

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lol. Who's crying? You're the one (along with your sad bovine friend - or are you the same person?) coming into a thread about the new Switch model, and spewing out Sony propaganda about revenue for some reason. What an exciting life you must lead.

You're crying, bitch. You're having a meltdown about some shit that's true. You could have ignored the post, but you're about to have a fuckin' prolapse over some dumb shit. Are all Switch owners this tender?

Seriously? Wow. Time for mummy to limit your internet time, child... too much internet is no good.

It =

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Techhog89

@robert_sparkes: It's baffling that the bigger unit has the bigger battery?

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Techhog89
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@ajstyles said:

But seriously though, you kind of hit the nail on the head why Nintendo will never see the kind of revenue Sony does with Playstation, because Nintendo guys are super exclusive with their purchases. It's the reason Nintendo still talks about wanting to strike big with mobile. No matter how many units they sell, there will always be this ceiling.

Yeah, no.

https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Software_tie_ratio

Sony is higher on average, but not by all that much. Switch is also selling ridiculous amounts of software for this point in its life, to the point that even Nintendo keeps underestimating it.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 19854 Posts
@techhog89 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@ajstyles said:

Yeah, no.

Sony is higher on average, but not by all that much. Switch is also selling ridiculous amounts of software for this point in its life, to the point that even Nintendo keeps underestimating it.

Not to mention that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe w/a combine total between Physical and digital sales, almost 90% ratio

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 6228 Posts

Its already out mainly in asia.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sakaiXx

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@techhog89 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@ajstyles said:

Yeah, no.

Not to mention that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe w/a combine total between Physical and digital sales, almost 90% ratio

It says there switch attach rate is only 4 games per consoles compared to PS4 9 and Xbox one 7...

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 3720 Posts

I will be sticking with the normal Switch for now. I could see myself getting a new Switch if they make one with more power/storage on top of the increased battery life.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Techhog89
@sakaixx said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@techhog89 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@ajstyles said:

Yeah, no.

It says there switch attach rate is only 4 games per consoles compared to PS4 9 and Xbox one 7...

You're trolling so obviously you'll either make something up or double-down in response to this, but for people actually curious about it, attach rates increase over time so this isn't an accurate comparison.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sakaiXx

@techhog89 said:
@sakaixx said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@techhog89 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Yeah, no.

You're trolling so obviously you'll either make something up or double-down in response to this, but for people actually curious about it, attach rates increase over time so this isn't an accurate comparison.

it says on that site switch attach rate is only 4 games per consoles compared to PS4 9 and Xbox one 7...

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 2538 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

You're crying, bitch. You're having a meltdown about some shit that's true. You could have ignored the post, but you're about to have a fuckin' prolapse over some dumb shit. Are all Switch owners this tender?

That's great and all that you stand by precious sales, but do you honestly speak for all the people that are actually satisfied with their Switch purchases? No, so gtfo and find something better to do.

Cows as usual standing behind the usual most obvious trolls on this site when it supplements their bias.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Techhog89

@sakaixx: Man, you're boring...

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sakaiXx

@techhog89: I'm just stating what is written on that site.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Techhog89

@sakaixx: And I responded, and you just repeated yourself. Look, I know what kind of character you're trying to go for, but you're doing it poorly. You just seem like an idiot who can't keep up an argument or conversation at this point.

Btw, the site is outdated.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sakaiXx

@techhog89: argue all you want. I'm just stating what is written on that site in response to the comments made.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BenjaminBanklin

@techhog89 said:

Yeah, no.

I'm talking about revenue, not software tie-ins. Nintendo sells a ton of their own software, but they don't see as much money as Sony due to third parties and PSN. Playstation revenue was 21 billion the past fiscal year while Nintendo's was 10.8 bil. While that's a LOT of money, the slim buying habits of the Nintendo core keep it from potentially being more.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#40 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35711 Posts

Nintendo has less than half the install base of Sony yet generates more than half Sony's revenue but Nintendo fans are supposedly buy less games?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hrt_rulz01

@Pedro said:

Nintendo has less than half the install base of Sony yet generates more than half Sony's revenue but Nintendo fans are supposedly buy less games?

Lol, let's see the fanboy spin to counter this...

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Techhog89

@BenjaminBanklin: A significant amount of that comes from PSN and the fact that the Pro exists and costs more. Not to mention the fact that PS4 just flat-out has more games. That revenue also includes PlayStation Now and PSVR.