New Resent Evil Incoming

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

GOD, I MISS OLD TIMES. TOO BAD THAT RESIDENT EVIL IS NOW ACTION SHOOTING GAME, NOT HORROR GAME

But it's better now.

No. RE was a puzzle/survival horror genre; now it's homogenized with all of the other bullshit shooters on the market.

And still is.

it is? The RE4 was more action then horror and RE5 went for the gusto and is just an action game.

Yeah you removed a lot of my quote, which was the point of my statement.

RE4 was one of the best in the series btw; it did a lot without becoming a shooter clone including a cover system and other bs. Yawn, leave that shit out of RE please. Do something original like in RE4 or RE2/1, you know, so everyone can copy you again, CAPCOM.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58917 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

GOD, I MISS OLD TIMES. TOO BAD THAT RESIDENT EVIL IS NOW ACTION SHOOTING GAME, NOT HORROR GAME

But it's better now.

No. RE was a puzzle/survival horror genre; now it's homogenized with all of the other bullshit shooters on the market.

And still is.

it is? The RE4 was more action then horror and RE5 went for the gusto and is just an action game.

Yeah you removed a lot of my quote

True. Am right though. No need for this to continue my friend.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

But it's better now.

And still is.

Yeah you removed a lot of my quote, which was the point of my statement.

RE4 was one of the best in the series btw; it did a lot without becoming a shooter clone including a cover system and other bs. Yawn, leave that shit out of RE please. Do something original like in RE4 or RE2/1, you know, so everyone can copy you again, CAPCOM.

RE4 best in the series? This does not compute. REmake is still the cream of the crop.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@vincent380 said:

The original RE scared me when i was younger.

Gee, I wonder why.

@AzatiS said:
@2Chalupas said:

@Pffrbt said:
@2ndwonder said:

They need to go back and look at what made the earlier ones so good and go from there.

Resident Evil didn't even get good until Resident Evil 4.

^^^Started gaming in 2005 or later.

Exactly my thoughts. He started around 2002/5 obviously

I started around 1992. Old Resident Evil games are horribly designed games that are easily outclassed by other games in the survival horror genre, such as Silent Hill. Resident Evil is much better off as an action oriented series.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
@iloveatlus said:

They're going to make the next Resident Evil a FPS. Haha.

That would make me buy it actually

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#107  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Pffrbt said:

@vincent380 said:

The original RE scared me when i was younger.

Gee, I wonder why.

@AzatiS said:
@2Chalupas said:

@Pffrbt said:
@2ndwonder said:

They need to go back and look at what made the earlier ones so good and go from there.

Resident Evil didn't even get good until Resident Evil 4.

^^^Started gaming in 2005 or later.

Exactly my thoughts. He started around 2002/5 obviously

I started around 1992. Old Resident Evil games are horribly designed games that are easily outclassed by other games in the survival horror genre, such as Silent Hill. Resident Evil is much better off as an action oriented series.

Resident evil horribly designed games that easily outclassed by other games at its era ?!! Rofl x100 Silent hill released on 1999 and no it wasnt better than RE2 , let alone Code veronica that released in 2000 for Dreamcast. Code veronica didnt score 10s/9s all around for nothing. What the heck man ...

Lets not talk about remake vs Silent hill 2 ....

""" Resident Evil is easily one of the biggest names in the genre, and is credited with creating the term “survival horror.” The series also standardized the control scheme and many other elements that would dominate survival horror games for this generation, to the point that other survival horrors became known as RE clones """

Thats a copy paste from an article.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Pffrbt

@AzatiS: "Resident evil horribly designed games that easily outclassed by other games at its era ?"
Yes.

"Silent hill released on 1999 and no it wasnt better than RE2 , let alone Code veronica"
It's easily better than either of those games for the simple fact that it's actually scary and not horribly designed. Code Veronica is garbage in particular. The extent that that game wastes the player's time with its idiotic inventory system and constant backtracking and fetch quests is sickening.

"Code veronica didnt score 10s/9s all around for nothing."
Evidently it did since it has no redeeming qualities.

""" Resident Evil is easily one of the biggest names in the genre, and is credited with creating the term “survival horror.” The series also standardized the control scheme and many other elements that would dominate survival horror games for this generation, to the point that other survival horrors became known as RE clones """

Thats a copy paste from an article."

How is any of that relevant. Being a genre pioneer does not automatically make it better than everything else that came out.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

The Evil Within seems way more RE than RE has been in the past couple iterations.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58917 Posts

My friends, the original Resent evil titles are very poor compared to System Shocks 2.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Pffrbt

@AzatiS: "What exactly made RE4 or even 5/6 great."
Tight action, fun gameplay, great pacing, knowingly campy tone, great art direction and graphics. Some of these are of course much less true for RE5/6.

"Was it the settings of some random villages or ? Was the super idiotic merchant that he randomly appeared so you could buy stuff ?!! Really bro? Realy ?"
Yes, really. How are any of these even remotely flaws.

"Was it the ridiculous thing that you couldnt move when you were shooting ?"
Which was carried over from those "classic" RE games you love so much. Also, not an issue since the enemies are designed with this in mind, which is why they have such a slow, deliberate pace. Also why in the hell do you put a space before your punctuation.

"That "zombies" were clever enough to drive motorcycles , use chainsaws or after you or talk to each other but when they finally were next to you they were just staring at you"
I don't know what the hell you're even trying to say with this. Last I checked they attacked you when they got close enough, and weren't zombies.

"What story ?"
Probably the one that's pretty evident throughout the entire game.

"Parasites from outer space that making humans aliens"
This is outright untrue. You clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about.

"and the bosses are humans that can control these parasites while they can transform into aliens at will ?!! WTF is that ? Or , save the presidents daughter ?! Reaaaly?! How interesting!"
Are you seriously whining about ridiculous shit happening in a RE game when ridiculous shit happens in every RE game.

"I can go on if you want but you get what i mean."
I don't get what you mean since everything you said was incredibly fucking stupid and not issues at all.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Pffrbt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl6wj1PNSxg&feature=youtu.be

From a friend's stream of Code Veronica. This game is miserable.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@Pffrbt: Finally someone with a brain. How can anyone enjoy that game with those shit controls and camera angles.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#117  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

They need to reboot Resident Evil and make it worth a damn.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#118 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

I really liked Resident Evil 4, but man the last two have been putrid. Especially 6, like my dear god how the hell was that game so long and shitty

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#119 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

When did the first resent evil release?

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Pffrbt

@AzatiS: "Im countering you claimings of older REs being bad compared to 4/5 and 6."

I know, and I'm pointing out that you're wrong.

"4/5/6 Tight action"

Yes. The rest of that paragraph is a fucking mess that does nothing to discount RE4 having tight action.

"So having a merchant around the village that selling you weapons isnt a flaw for a "survival" game"

No, since it isn't a survival game. The older RE games were barely survival either considering how you can easily become a walking arsenal in Code Veronica.

"This is an action game right !! You are the one blaming controls of old RE yet you getting the same crap"

I've never even mentioned the controls of old Resident Evil games, so you're just pulling stuff out of your ass.

"Listen , did everyone looked like ALIENS or not"

No. Honestly the concepts of parasites creeps me out far more than cliché zombies do, since there are actually parasites in reality that can take control of the host.

"Is that a RE game"

Yes.

"Story wise was 4/5/6 better than older ones"

I never mentioned the story is 5 or 6. The story in 4 is certainly better since it actually realizes how campy and ridiculous the RE series has always been.

"Again you agree with me you fanboy!! You agree with me , you see ?!! WAsnt better in fact was even worse than older ones !!! Some villagers in Spain that got the parasites in them omg what a scenario !! Yes , older RE had something more to offer. Illegal experiments that went wrong and shit like that. Typical yet more atmospheric craps. Ofc it was more appealing than parasites under the earth that taking over and some other parasites controling the other parasites and having people mumbling in human form and staring at you like are stoned... i mean really bro?!! haha /facepalm"

I want you to look at this rambling nonsensical fucking mess of a paragraph and try harder next time. Okay?

"Bypassing ALL my claimings about how RE4 was crap for a RE game"

The problem here is that you're hung up on whether or not RE4 was a "Good" Resident Evil game. I'm telling you that it doesn't matter because the Resident Evils prior to 4 were nothing to aspire to in the first place.

"It was so bad right"

Yes.

"Did you even played CV when it first release in 2000 on Dreamcast. Answer is clearly.. NO you didnt."

It literally doesn't matter one fucking bit whether or not I played it when it first came out. Good games transcend the period they were released in. I didn't play Silent Hill 1 until a few days ago and it's still a fantastic game.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By AzatiS

@Pffrbt said:

@AzatiS: "Im countering you claimings of older REs being bad compared to 4/5 and 6."

I know, and I'm pointing out that you're wrong.

"4/5/6 Tight action"

Yes. The rest of that paragraph is a fucking mess that does nothing to discount RE4 having tight action.

"So having a merchant around the village that selling you weapons isnt a flaw for a "survival" game"

No, since it isn't a survival game. The older RE games were barely survival either considering how you can easily become a walking arsenal in Code Veronica.

"This is an action game right !! You are the one blaming controls of old RE yet you getting the same crap"

I've never even mentioned the controls of old Resident Evil games, so you're just pulling stuff out of your ass.

"Listen , did everyone looked like ALIENS or not"

No. Honestly the concepts of parasites creeps me out far more than cliché zombies do, since there are actually parasites in reality that can take control of the host.

"Is that a RE game"

Yes.

"Story wise was 4/5/6 better than older ones"

I never mentioned the story is 5 or 6. The story in 4 is certainly better since it actually realizes how campy and ridiculous the RE series has always been.

"Again you agree with me you fanboy!! You agree with me , you see ?!! WAsnt better in fact was even worse than older ones !!! Some villagers in Spain that got the parasites in them omg what a scenario !! Yes , older RE had something more to offer. Illegal experiments that went wrong and shit like that. Typical yet more atmospheric craps. Ofc it was more appealing than parasites under the earth that taking over and some other parasites controling the other parasites and having people mumbling in human form and staring at you like are stoned... i mean really bro?!! haha /facepalm"

I want you to look at this rambling nonsensical fucking mess of a paragraph and try harder next time. Okay?

"Bypassing ALL my claimings about how RE4 was crap for a RE game"

The problem here is that you're hung up on whether or not RE4 was a "Good" Resident Evil game. I'm telling you that it doesn't matter because the Resident Evils prior to 4 were nothing to aspire to in the first place.

"It was so bad right"

Yes.

"Did you even played CV when it first release in 2000 on Dreamcast. Answer is clearly.. NO you didnt."

It literally doesn't matter one fucking bit whether or not I played it when it first came out. Good games transcend the period they were released in. I didn't play Silent Hill 1 until a few days ago and it's still a fantastic game.

Listen you fanboy , go read your very first post that you were judging old RE games while you praised RE4. All i did was pointing out RE4 flaws. You desperatly trying to bypass everything i say and go back to Older REs. You are so blind fanboy that we cant have a decent argument here.

Go play your Alienated crap and even worse 5 and 6 and let me play Veronica/Remake and end of story. Now you blind fanboy , go read your very first post and my answer to that again. This is getting ridiculous to even answer again , you dont even listen.

Now to end this you HAVENT played older REs when they first released. PERIOD... Whatever you say about you are old enough or crappy things like that.. Theres no way 1 in a million you played RE1/RE2/RE Veronica on their release, its so obvious. SO cut the crap and just play whatever you want and my answer to your crap claimings is on my very first post. You praised RE4 and all i did was mention its flaws. Period. All my answers are there. IF you dont want to admit them , go play RE 4/5/6 then , the way RE meant to be by your logic. Thats why 5/6 failed so bad , it meant to be it seems.

I havent met anyone like you ever again , you havent played the old REs on their release or near that yet you judging them like you did.. How pathetic is this ?

Cry me a river again , im waiting your response about how great RE4/5/6 are you kiddo. Gaming since 92 ..sure!

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Pffrbt

@AzatiS: "Listen you fanboy"
Pot calling the kettle black.

"All i did was pointing out RE4 flaws."
You didn't point out any flaws in RE4, you just whined about how it was different from previous games.

"Go play your Alienated crap and even worse 5 and 6 and let me play Veronica/Remake and end of story."
At this point modern Resident Evil is just as established as part of the series as the older games.

"Now to end this you HAVENT played older REs when they first released. PERIOD..."
And that really doesn't matter at all.

"the way RE meant to be by your logic."
I never said RE was meant to be anything. I just said it's better off as an action series.

"Thats why 5/6 failed so bad , it meant to be it seems."
That made no sense.

"I havent met anyone like you ever again , you havent played the old REs on their release or near that yet you judging them like you did.. How pathetic is this ?"
None of this makes any sense still. Why would I not be allowed to judge games when playing them after their release.

"im waiting your response about how great RE4/5/6 are"
I already answered that though.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Pffrbt

Welcome to the world of survival horror.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By AzatiS

@Pffrbt said:

Welcome to the world of survival horror.

blablabla , whatever. You wouldnt even know what survival/horror genre is if it wasnt for oldschool RE games. Cry more

All you have to do is search in youtube Resident Evil 4/5 stupid Zombies. And im out

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: You're an idiot.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#126 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

RE needs a reboot! I wish they would go back to the static camera angles, ammo scarcity, puzzle solving and intensity of RE, RE2, RE3 and RE:CV. It needs to stop being an action game!!!

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Ragnarok1051 said:

So what your saying is that your mad if this game is exclusive............you will be very mad. Thanks bud.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By AzatiS

@Pffrbt said:

@Mark36111 said:

You're not very bright if the crow puzzle was "incomprehensible" to you.

I haven't actually played enough of REmake to get to the crow room, because I didn't feel like wandering aimlessly through a mansion doing ridiculously obtuse fetch quests. I'm just speaking from what I've heard from others and from what I've seen from other puzzles that were complete nonsense.

Nuff said you kiddo , nuff said. Just gtfo!! You didnt even finished one of the best RE out there. I bet you havent even touched RE1/2/CV/3/Zero. I bet you havent.Period

@AzatiS said:
@Pffrbt said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

But the old Resident Evil games were never scary in the first place. It's just a bunch of asinine "puzzles" and backtracking and fetch quests.

Well , it really depends when you first played these games.

I bought RE1 for PS1 for example day 1 of its release. I still remember how i hooked up from the first minute !! This atmosphere and setting. The feeling like what might be in this door !!? Or what is this sound now i dont want to go forward !!? ... Or how i jumped from couch when out of nowhere some dogs jumped on me from windows ... Or when i died from a trap when i messed up a puzzle with shotgun... I was always trying to find bullets i was feeling pretty uneasy most of the time... I can talk about each resident evil game ( Except 4-5-6 ) for ages !

You had to play those game on their release not after years. Still i think games like Remake are x10 better than 4/5 and 6 combined. RE2 was phenomenal for example back then. If you play it now ..aaah well wont stand so good with those graphics afte 18 years or something but.. Im still hoping for a remake similar to re1. Ill buy it instantly.

And this is my very first post i asked you to go back and read !! ok now kiddo ? I could say since your very first post you DIDNT play RE games on their release. Period. Where did i say anything bad about RE4 as you said above you kiddo ? Did my first post say anything bad about RE4 ? Read it again then !! I quote it for you if you cant search properly. It was your reply after that that made me mention RE4 flaws thats all.

After this very first post of mine you got butthurt and started to defend RE4 pointing out older RE flaws !! You havent even touch them ffs , wtf , you judging from videos and what other people saying ( you said that ) ? Do you got any idea how many millions are upset with 4/5 and 6 ? So what? Should i judge based on others opinions and experiences ? No you kiddo , i played those games myself .... damn bro !! You are something else , really. Something else... Never met a guy like you literally ...

Say whatever the hell you want , i mean i cant win vs a blind fanboy whatever i say / do. Im out for good now i wont even bother to read whats next because i know beforehand what youll say. Damn , im losing hope for new generation

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Ragnarok1051 said:

So what your saying is that your mad if this game is exclusive............you will be very mad. Thanks bud.

No I'm just calling you an idiot.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Pffrbt

@AzatiS: "You didnt even finished one of the best RE out there."
Why is supposedly the best RE out there so agonizingly tedious and boring and completely devoid of any sense of direction. Several hours of wandering aimlessly through the same environments over and over does not make a good game.

"And this is my very first post i asked you to go back and read"
Nothing in your post explains why I would have needed to play them when they first came out. If a game can't stand the test of time then it obviously wasn't that good in the first place.

"I could say since your very first post you DIDNT play RE games on their release."
Explain why this matters.

"Where did i say anything bad about RE4 as you said above you kiddo"
That sentence made no sense.

"Did my first post say anything bad about RE4"
Yes, since technically your first post in the topic was dedicated entirely to whining about RE4.

"It was your reply after that that made me mention RE4 flaws thats all."
Ok. What's your point.

"After this very first post of mine you got butthurt and started to defend RE4 pointing out older RE flaws"
That was actually the second post you made and I never actually bothered to read it until now. And I was defending RE4 and pointing out flaws in older RE before you even made this post. So you're pretty much wrong on every front here.

"Do you got any idea how many millions are upset with 4/5 and 6 ?"
I really don't care how many people are upset that their terrible series got better.

"Should i judge based on others opinions and experiences"
If you feel you can make an educated assessment, why not. The older RE games I haven't played myself I've watch friends play and they've all been terrible.

"i mean i cant win vs a blind fanboy whatever i say / do."
Are you really such a huge hypocrite that you can't even realize that you're the one being a blind fanboy. The only RE game I'm even defending is RE4 and even I'm willing to admit the flaws that game has. RE5 is devoid of creativity and misses the point of what made RE4 so good. RE6 is meandering pile of crap.

"im losing hope for new generation"
New generation of what exactly.