sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Wont this have the issue with the top screen getting marked by the circle pad and buttons, like the 3ds did before they added soft plastic nubs on the top bezel. Those are totally missing in this new 2ds.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

If I were in the market for a 3DS, this would be an instant-buy. Great looking hardware, and supremely better now with the fold.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#55 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

@manticored: agreed. Nintendo should try new things, but the switch is just the Wii u 2, and will ultimately be a disaster. The new 3ds line should be their main focus moving forward.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

If I were in the market for a 3DS, this would be an instant-buy. Great looking hardware, and supremely better now with the fold.

Hell Yeah, I don't know if I'll be there day 1, but will pick one up sometime this year. Lots of DS and 3DS games I still want to play.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts
@iandizion713 said:
@superbuuman said:

lol call it a long time ago. :P

This is all your fault.

haha..I might get it...want to play Etrian Odyssey series, escape puzzle games, & Bravely Default games. :P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Well I certainly didn't expect that. I've been considering replacing my original 3DS with the New 3DS XL but I may go for this cheaper option instead.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#59 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

Love the design but Nintendo keeps flooding the market with more hardware iterations than Sony and MS combined over all of their generations.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By emgesp

I think I just made a lot of Nintendo fans heads spin by saying I think the 2DS XL looks cool and will buying one. They don't even know what to make of this.

"But you hate Nintendo and bash them at any chance." Wrong!!!

Manticored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Manticored
Member since 2017 • 217 Posts

@emgesp said:

I think I just made a lot of Nintendo fans heads spin by saying I think the 2DS XL looks cool and will buying one. They don't even know what to make of this.

What is making my head spin is how you try reiterating this post multiple times seeking attention and validation from people who don't care.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@emgesp:

Figured your first attention begging post was just some joke, but it seems you're serious lol.

So what, does everybody need to come in here, pat you on the back, and apologize because you decided to say something nice?

And aside from that, does saying something nice just instantly clear the record on all of your previous shit posting? Get real son. It's like if Tormentos said something nice in an Xbox related thread, then turned around and expected everyone to shower him with attention for doing so. **** outta here with that shit lmao.

You have a transparent ass concern trolling shtick, it's not like this is anything new.

Personally I don't care what you fanboy for or hate on, but just own up to it. Your concern trolling doesn't fool anyone here.

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

I would get one, I don't use the 3D due to my eyes, and my 2DS is aging.

An upgrade to my 2DS that lets me play SNES games, Xenoblade, and Fire Emblem Heroes? Yeah, this is what I wanted to see.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By emgesp

@manticored said:
@emgesp said:

What is making my head spin is how you try reiterating this post multiple times seeking attention and validation from people who don't care.

Because I want to see some consistency here. You guys are so quick to reply when I say something negative, but oh I say something positive and you just want to totally ignore it as if it didn't really happen. If you are going to call me out on my negativity then call me out when I say positive things as well. Again, consistency. And the reason you don't care is because it doesn't fit your narrative about me. In your eyes you can only see me as a Nintendo basher, so you automatically have a bias and won't even give me credit when I see something Nintendo announces that interests me.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 emgesp

@ConanTheStoner said:

@emgesp:

Figured your first attention begging post was just some joke, but it seems you're serious lol.

So what, does everybody need to come in here, pat you on the back, and apologize because you decided to say something nice?

And aside from that, does saying something nice just instantly clear the record on all of your previous shit posting? Get real son. It's like if Tormentos said something nice in an Xbox related thread, then turned around and expected everyone to shower him with attention for doing so. **** outta here with that shit lmao.

You have a transparent ass concern trolling shtick, it's not like this is anything new.

Personally I don't care what you fanboy for or hate on, but just own up to it. Your concern trolling doesn't fool anyone here.

How is it trolling if its how I truly feel? I don't understand this about you guys. If I say the Switch looks like a mediocre piece of tech with lackluster third party support, how is that trolling? That is just my real opinion. Trolling is just to say something to get arise out of people even if what you said you don't actually believe, no I believe what I say and if I'm joking I let people know.

Manticored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Manticored

@emgesp said:
@manticored said:
@emgesp said:

Because I want to see some consistency here. You guys are so quick to reply when I say something negative, but oh I say something positive and you just want to totally ignore it as if it didn't really happen. If you are going to call me out on my negativity then call me out when I say positive things as well. Again, consistency. And the reason you don't care is because it doesn't fit your narrative about me. In your eyes you can only see me as a Nintendo basher, so you automatically have a bias and won't even give me credit when I see something Nintendo announces that interests me.

What do you mean "you guys"...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@emgesp said:

How is it trolling if its how I truly feel? I don't understand this about you guys. If I say the Switch looks like a mediocre piece of tech with lackluster third party support, how is that trolling?

That's not trolling at all, and I do agree with those points.

But no need to feign ignorance here man, it's your post history altogether, not just an opinion or two. And again, I don't care where your biases lay, we all have them. But please, just own up to it.

This whole "I'm the biggest Nintendo fan ever, but **** everything they ever do!" is just old and lame at this point. Your opinions are whatever, it's the silly posturing you do that has people laughing at you.

And then to say something nice in this thread, only to beg for attention not once, not twice, but three times? (you deleted the first one). Come on now man. You're basically just pointing out how uncharacteristic it is for you.

"Everyone look! Look at me! I said something nice, I can't be a hater!"

lol

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

This is why I hate/love nintendo. I love my switch, I have awesome 3ds's, and i want this for no reason whatsoever.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

@emgesp:

One positive remark in a sea of caca isnt gonna make a difference.

And are you kinda like virtue signaling about your nintendo love? I think thats enough sw for you.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I'm sure it costs like 20 bucks to put it together.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

Was skeptical at the title thinking it would be designed like the current 2DS. But I'm quite interested.

Never cared about the 3D much. And 3D gaming is basically dead now. Reasonable price and folds just like the regular 3DS. If only I had more interest in handheld games. And Nintendo in general.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By emgesp

@22Toothpicks said:

@emgesp:

One positive remark in a sea of caca isnt gonna make a difference.

And are you kinda like virtue signaling about your nintendo love? I think thats enough sw for you.

No, I just find it interesting that people only respond when I say something negative about Nintendo. And what is caca about sharing ones opinion? Again, one thing nobody can say about me is that I say things that are straight up wrong. You might not like my opinions, but at least I back up my opinions with facts.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Might be tempting if $ 99 this BF deals and has much better 2D screen performance (colors/brightness) and battery life.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By emgesp

@ConanTheStoner said:
@emgesp said:

How is it trolling if its how I truly feel? I don't understand this about you guys. If I say the Switch looks like a mediocre piece of tech with lackluster third party support, how is that trolling?

That's not trolling at all, and I do agree with those points.

But no need to feign ignorance here man, it's your post history altogether, not just an opinion or two. And again, I don't care where your biases lay, we all have them. But please, just own up to it.

This whole "I'm the biggest Nintendo fan ever, but **** everything they ever do!" is just old and lame at this point. Your opinions are whatever, it's the silly posturing you do that has people laughing at you.

And then to say something nice in this thread, only to beg for attention not once, not twice, but three times? (you deleted the first one). Come on now man. You're basically just pointing out how uncharacteristic it is for you.

"Everyone look! Look at me! I said something nice, I can't be a hater!"

lol

If you want to bring up post history please check some of my earlier posts. I gave Sony shit when it came to the PS3 and actually said many positive things about the OG Wii because at the time I was drinking the Wii Kool-Aid. My extreme criticisms against Nintendo only really started with the Wii U.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 emgesp

@mmmwksil said:

I want one. Don't know why, don't know for what, but DAMMIT I WANT ONE.

Is that what you said about the Wii U and Switch as well?

Avatar image for 666BumbleBee666
666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 666BumbleBee666
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

More stupidity from Nintendo's hardware division. No surprise here.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#78 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

Nice to see the improved Nintendo adds are not just for the Switch. This was completely focused on the games and not lost in a this is for the whole family. Good on you Nintendo, you have always been about the games and FINALLY you seem to have learned how to communicate that through your PR :)))

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34597 Posts

Looks pretty cool. I like when they do colored buttons.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@666BumbleBee666 said:

More stupidity from Nintendo's hardware division. No surprise here.

Why is it stupid to have a entry level low cost machine for the kids to play DS games?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34597 Posts
@boycie said:

Why is it stupid to have a entry level low cost machine for the kids to play DS games?

Yeah, earning lots of money is apparently stupid.

This poster doesn't think before posting at all, don't even bother man.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

@manticored: Thing is, this is been there, done that before territory for Nintendo. Remember the "third pillar" strategy for the GBA and DS? In the end, GBA fell to the wayside after a couple years, and its software support shriveled up within a year. And yet, despite having no plans to make new software for it, they released the (failed) Gameboy Micro.

3DS's days are numbered, but until a lower priced Switch redesign aimed at kids becomes viable, for now Nintendo needs a device to cover the low end segment of the market. Doesn't mean they'll develop much software for it, though.

Manticored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Manticored

@SakusEnvoy said:

@manticored: Thing is, this is been there, done that before territory for Nintendo. Remember the "third pillar" strategy for the GBA and DS? In the end, GBA fell to the wayside after a couple years, and its software support shriveled up within a year. And yet, despite having no plans to make new software for it, they released the (failed) Gameboy Micro.

3DS's days are numbered, but until a lower priced Switch redesign aimed at kids becomes viable, for now Nintendo needs a device to cover the low end segment of the market. Doesn't mean they'll develop much software for it, though.

The GameBoy Advance and DS are both handhelds though, dedicated handhelds and one was replacing the other. As much as people like to talk about the Switch being one, it's simply not, it's a home console with a secondary functionality that gives it crossover.

Now I'm all for optimism but these are two separate markets regardless of what the Switch is capable of. One has the capability for handheld affordability while the other could simply never attain it, also something ignored constantly is size, the Switch is nearly the size of the Wii U GamePad. Now, Nintendo could at some point possibly release a scaled down "Switch" (it wouldn't be that anymore) that only possesses handheld capability, but I don't see that being possible for many, many years, scaling down the technology to a format that small is simply not a realistic goal for the foreseeable future, right now they're already pushing the limitations.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@manticored: I could see the Switch Mini releasing next year for the Holidays and Nintendo releasing Pokemon Star along with it.

Manticored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Manticored

@iandizion713 said:

@manticored: I could see the Switch Mini releasing next year for the Holidays and Nintendo releasing Pokemon Star along with it.

Again, a technological limitation exists that would even 2-3 years down the line limit the Switch from being able to achieve that scale. Do you know why the Switch is the size it is? They couldn't make it any smaller, that's not going to change much over the next few years.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#86 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

So a 3DS XL withouth a 3D slider / screen? Guess it's great for all those 3D haters :P

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By iandizion713

@manticored: I have no clue what your talking about, but expect Switch Mini and Pokemon Star next year. Price will be $199.

Manticored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Manticored

@iandizion713 said:

@manticored: I have no clue what your talking about, but expect Switch Mini and Pokemon Star next year.

Let me be a little more rudimentary than I already am, they can't make a device of the Switch's power that small, and won't be able to for several years.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By iandizion713

@manticored: Umm, they can. This is Nintendo. And the device wont be much smaller, will be like N3DS height and N3DS XL length. Will still work with a dock.

Manticored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Manticored

@iandizion713 said:

@manticored: Umm, they can. This is Nintendo. And the device wont be much smaller, will be like N3DS.

Nintendo doesn't design hardware, they don't make the chips, circuit boards or really anything else on the internals of these systems. Them wanting a smaller Switch won't wish one into existence, the technology has to catch up to the point of that being possible and it won't be for a few years.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Quite possibly the prettiest Nintendo handheld ever. A much better farewell to the 3DS hardware family than the atrocious Gameboy Micro.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By iandizion713

@manticored: Sorry mate, but they already have them ready. They were designing them when they designed the Switch. Just wait and watch. Ive been calling Switch Mini since day one.

Manticored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Manticored

@iandizion713 said:

@manticored: Sorry mate, but they already have them ready. They were designing them when they designed the Switch. Just wait and watch. Ive been calling Switch Mini since day one.

This thing you're doing right now, this ignoring reality nonsense to push your hopes and dreams...

I'm not doing it buddy, good luck.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Is this backwards compatible with DS and GB? I forget.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 iandizion713

@DocSanchez: Just DS.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 DocSanchez

@iandizion713: Shame. Was thinking about getting one for the castlevania's I've missed.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By iandizion713

@DocSanchez: Just get a DS for cheap. It can play them.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DocSanchez

@iandizion713: That's what I'm looking at. Can't play xenoblade though so I'm in two minds. Anyway I will see.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 iandizion713

@DocSanchez: Get GBA SP and 3DS ;)

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Nobody milks out game-franchises and hardware more than Nintendo. "Enhanced controls", what a joke.