new nintendo 1st party fighting game. Kirby Fighters Z 3DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

oh wait...

its DLC to kirby triple deluxe?

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

looks cool. pretty sure it just DLC as you said.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

Nice.

A cheaper Smash Bros.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44556 Posts

only a $7.50 game, I'll pass, rather just play Super Smash Bros, lot more characters and stages and mayhem

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#7 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I thought this was part of Triple Deluxe.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

Is it depressing that I thought you were trolling?

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: Triple Deluxe has this version but with different abilities, felt like playing a mini Smash

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

So why not just release this on 3DS and leave Smash on WiiU? It would have given the developers much more to work with instead of having to limit the game because of the 3DS version.

KFZ loos fun and as DLC thats not bad at all.

I'm still waiting for Kirby's Dream Course 2. That would be a preorder from me for sure

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

It's a poor man's SSB.

Looks fun.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@nini200: I don't think the developers are being limited by the 3DS. Im pretty sure that they are focusing on each platforms strengths. It explains why they're not coming out together, they're different enough.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 inb4uall

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

@nini200: I don't think the developers are being limited by the 3DS. Im pretty sure that they are focusing on each platforms strengths. It explains why they're not coming out together, they're different enough.

^ This. It's silly to think otherwise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

As much as I loved Triple Deluxe, don't pay more than $5 for this if it makes it stateside, folks. From the looks of it, it only looks to add a few things from the version packaged in with Triple Deluxe, and that was only a good distraction to the rest of the game.

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts

As far as I can tell, that's just the minigame that's part of Kirby's Triple Deluxe.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I haven't tried it in Triple Deluxe. Apparently it's really good, so I might have to eventually try it now. Had always looked fun, but the main game was too addictive to play anything else.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nini200
@inb4uall said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

"The reality of the situation unfortunately is that there are certain limitations on the 3DS," Sakurai said. The 3DS and Wii U versions of the next Smash Bros will have the same library of characters. "So we're forced into the situation where we may need to reduce some characters to a certain degree. but we're really working hard in order to include as many characters as possible."

Keep thinking its silly

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

The onoy other fighting game id like to see would be a Capcom Vs Nintendo. This will never happen so it will just be Smash Bros and..... no othdr fightjng games.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nini200

@dobzilian said:

The onoy other fighting game id like to see would be a Capcom Vs Nintendo. This will never happen so it will just be Smash Bros and..... no othdr fightjng games.

It is happening sort of though with Megaman being in Smash lol

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

@nini200: Meh, Id prefer something in the style of Tatsunoko Vs Capcom (SF4 and MvC where shit this gen and too slow) with OTT moves, great artistic flare and fluid gameplay which can only be matched by the high octane speed of the game itself. Imagine Chun Li Vs Samus, Boswer Vs M Bison, Jill Vs Princess Peach,

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Was there kirby fighting game in early 90s? I remember one, but I cannot find.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai

@nini200 said:
@inb4uall said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

"The reality of the situation unfortunately is that there are certain limitations on the 3DS," Sakurai said. The 3DS and Wii U versions of the next Smash Bros will have the same library of characters. "So we're forced into the situation where we may need to reduce some characters to a certain degree. but we're really working hard in order to include as many characters as possible."

Keep thinking its silly

Limiting the roster isn't really a big deal its pretty massive as it is already even though not everyone has been unveiled. The real meat of the game is in the gameplay and even the visuals both of which no doubt be polished on each platform. LIke I said theres a reason why they're coming out months apart so yes I think its silly.

The 3DS is even getting it's own game mode. I'm sure the Wii U will too. If the Wii U version was a direct port of the 3DS version then yes I would agree that its being limited, but its not. They're pretty different games. It's not a PSABR type thing where both the PS3 and Vita versions were identical.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nini200
@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

@nini200 said:
@inb4uall said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

Keep thinking its silly

Limiting the roster isn't really a big deal its pretty massive as it is already even though not everyone has been unveiled. The real meat of the game is in the gameplay and even the visuals both of which no doubt be polished on each platform. LIke I said theres a reason why they're coming out months apart so yes I think its silly.

The 3DS is even getting it's own game mode. I'm sure the Wii U will too. If the Wii U version was a direct port of the 3DS version then yes I would agree that its being limited, but its not. They're pretty different games. It's not a PSABR type thing where both the PS3 and Vita versions were identical.

So you see the proof that I provided directly from Sakurai that the WiiU version is being limited by the 3DS version and yet you still try to debate it? lol ok dude

I understand your point but my point is, that the WiiU version IS being limited by the 3DS version even if they are different enough games.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai

@nini200: Alright I'll admit. That he explicitly states that there is a limit. Now, is that a big deal? Is that more important than character balance? Good visuals? Tight gameplay? Hell, like I said even the 3DS is getting an exclusive game mode. Personally when you said limited I took your comment as that the game is really bogged down by the 3DS hardware, which its not. The only thing mentioned there are the number of characters which is pretty big already.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 inb4uall

@nini200 said:
@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

@nini200 said:
@inb4uall said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

Keep thinking its silly

So you see the proof that I provided directly from Sakurai that the WiiU version is being limited by the 3DS version and yet you still try to debate it? lol ok dude

I understand your point but my point is, that the WiiU version IS being limited by the 3DS version even if they are different enough games.

Okay so I was wrong. In all fairness I was thinking in terms of performance and the like. But you are technically correct which is the best type of correct. Personally, I would MUCH rather be able to take the game on the go than have a few more characters.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nini200

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

@nini200: Alright I'll admit. That he explicitly states that there is a limit. Now, is that a big deal? Is that more important than character balance? Good visuals? Tight gameplay? Hell, like I said even the 3DS is getting an exclusive game mode. Personally when you said limited I took your comment as that the game is really bogged down by the 3DS hardware, which its not. The only thing mentioned there are the number of characters which is pretty big already.

@inb4uall said:

@nini200 said:

Okay so I was wrong. In all fairness I was thinking in terms of performance and the like. But you are technically correct which is the best type of correct. Personally, I would MUCH rather be able to take the game on the go than have a few more characters.

YAAYYY I win

Now where's my ice cream? O.o

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#27 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Though I am a Kirby fan, I'll pass.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

This could have gotten more of my attention if you could play as other characters like Meta Knight, King Dedede, and heck even the enemies. As a Kirby fan, I might just skip this one.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

interesting, so you need triple deluxe to play?