New Metal Slug in development - SNK Heroin injection - 300k

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#1 Edited by uninspiredcup (32762 posts) -

Good news for Metal Slug fans, a new one is in development, not shitty mobile game, but an actual console one.

Also that Switch fighting game sold 300K. Also on PC, but nobody cares.

SNK REPORT PUTS SNK HEROINES: TAG TEAM FRENZY AT OVER 300K SOLD, NEW METAL SLUG IN DEVELOPMENT FOR CONSOLES

We've got a double-dose of good news about SNK today. First up, SNK Corporation chairman Ge Zhihui has confirmed that SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy has managed to sell over 300k units. It looks like this one was a slow-but-steady seller, as 300k is nothing to sneeze at!

Second, and possibly more important, Zhihui has confirmed that a new Metal Slug game is in the works. This is a title for consoles, and not the mobile game that was discussed recently. No specific platforms were mentioned, but I'll be keeping all fingers/toes crossed for a Switch version.

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#2 Posted by getyeryayasout (12261 posts) -

Thanks, Cup. Fantastic news!

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#3 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9588 posts) -

will be side scroll shooter because most of side scroll games getting sequels that are side scrolls. example include street of rage 4.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#4 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3204 posts) -

That didn't sell well

Avatar image for pyro1245
#5 Posted by pyro1245 (4920 posts) -

Oh heck yeah!

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#6 Edited by uninspiredcup (32762 posts) -

@blackhairedhero said:

That didn't sell well

For a third party fighting game sold on the Switch, it actually did, and they will be pleased with those sales.

For comparison -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Street_Fighter_II:_The_Final_Challengers#Reception

Wall Street Journal's Takashi Mochizuki reported that the game sold over 450,000 copies, selling more than what Capcom expected. Because of this, Capcom has shown more interest in selling more games on the Switch.

Avatar image for judaspete
#7 Posted by judaspete (2904 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@blackhairedhero said:

That didn't sell well

For a third party fighting game sold on the Switch, it actually did, and they will be pleased with those sales.

For comparison -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Street_Fighter_II:_The_Final_Challengers#Reception

Wall Street Journal's Takashi Mochizuki reported that the game sold over 450,000 copies, selling more than what Capcom expected. Because of this, Capcom has shown more interest in selling more games on the Switch.

I think that's better than KoF XIII did on PS360 (though there are no official numbers about that, just hearsay). Kind of depressing actually.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#8 Edited by uninspiredcup (32762 posts) -

@judaspete said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@blackhairedhero said:

That didn't sell well

For a third party fighting game sold on the Switch, it actually did, and they will be pleased with those sales.

For comparison -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Street_Fighter_II:_The_Final_Challengers#Reception

Wall Street Journal's Takashi Mochizuki reported that the game sold over 450,000 copies, selling more than what Capcom expected. Because of this, Capcom has shown more interest in selling more games on the Switch.

I think that's better than KoF XIII did on PS360 (though there are no official numbers about that, just hearsay). Kind of depressing actually.

True.

Mediocre shit like MK outselling KOF or SS should be considered a war crime.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#9 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3204 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: So a remaster of a game that's almost 30 years old and has already been released on the PS3/360 still managed to outsell SNK heroines by 150k.

Like I said it didn't sell well... nor should it it looks like trash.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#10 Posted by uninspiredcup (32762 posts) -

@blackhairedhero said:

@uninspiredcup: So a remaster of a game that's almost 30 years old and has already been released on the PS3/360 still managed to outsell SNK heroines by 150k.

Like I said it didn't sell well... nor should it it looks like trash.

Edgy stuff.

Avatar image for vaidream45
#11 Posted by Vaidream45 (1848 posts) -

Totally down for a new Slug game. Those are some of arcades best ever.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#12 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3204 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: so edgy..

Avatar image for kuu2
#13 Posted by kuu2 (11110 posts) -

Love me some Metal Slug.

Avatar image for DocSanchez
#14 Posted by DocSanchez (5213 posts) -

I hope they don't change too much. A 2D run n gun with high res visuals would be awesome. Needs to have the trademark sense of humour.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#15 Posted by uninspiredcup (32762 posts) -

Be surprised if it's 2D.

Something like Mega Man 11 wouldn't be too bad.