New Megaman coming to Consoles / Handhelds.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -
http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/11/14/capcom-promises-new-mega-man-on-consoles?abthid=50a3727f5c2d0e7552000038 Great stuff.
#2 Posted by sts106mat (24167 posts) -

http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/11/14/capcom-promises-new-mega-man-on-consoles?abthid=50a3727f5c2d0e7552000038 Great stuff.Blake135
with over 400 new costumes, each available for just $10 extra (included on the disc). then the super mega reloaded ultra hyper edition will be ready in just six months after this one.

#3 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11206 posts) -

Megaman 11 me thinks. Same design as MM9-10. Cant say Im against it but meh, Ill take w/e I can get at this point.

#4 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
if its nothing like megaman like x-x3...then the series can burn in hell for all i care.
#5 Posted by rilpas (8161 posts) -
tthey should have never cancelled megaman legends 3 at least launch a megaman legends HD, I'd buy that
#6 Posted by Arctic_Grillz (2749 posts) -
Will get it if its side scrolling,and hopefully unlocking armors will be easter eggs, not DLC crap.
#7 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (35516 posts) -

Enjoying megaman for the next 25 years?

megaman 11-35 confirmed.

#8 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -
not keeping my hopes up, will probably be another 8-bit "tribute". hey capcom, a hint: after the first time, it ceases to be a tribute and starts to be "it's easier to do it in 8bits, cheaper too".
#9 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -
Megaman 11 would be sweeeeet.
#10 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6700 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]not keeping my hopes up, will probably be another 8-bit "tribute". hey capcom, a hint: after the first time, it ceases to be a tribute and starts to be "it's easier to do it in 8bits, cheaper too".

But the 8 bit games are awesome.
#11 Posted by rilpas (8161 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]not keeping my hopes up, will probably be another 8-bit "tribute". hey capcom, a hint: after the first time, it ceases to be a tribute and starts to be "it's easier to do it in 8bits, cheaper too".Capitan_Kid

yet megaman 6 did more stuff and better then megaman 9 imo

#12 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]not keeping my hopes up, will probably be another 8-bit "tribute". hey capcom, a hint: after the first time, it ceases to be a tribute and starts to be "it's easier to do it in 8bits, cheaper too".

i found them boring. having started with the X series, all those limitations of the 8bit games don't bode well with me, and the cheap hits are annoying.
#13 Posted by rilpas (8161 posts) -

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]not keeping my hopes up, will probably be another 8-bit "tribute". hey capcom, a hint: after the first time, it ceases to be a tribute and starts to be "it's easier to do it in 8bits, cheaper too".BrunoBRS

i found them boring. having started with the X series, all those limitations of the 8bit games don't bode well with me, and the cheap hits are annoying.

that's the problem, they actually added limitations that weren't in half of the 8 bit megaman games.

If you can, go play megaman 6 you can do a lot of stuff there that you can't on these newer tributes

#14 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

I hope it's starring Mega fat man from SF X Tekken...

#15 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (35516 posts) -

If they do make more 8-bit tributes they should bring back the slide and charge shot. Those were in 8-bit games too. >_>

I like Megaman 2 as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean I want Capcom to continue to meatride the game and copy it's playstyle for every new megaman iteration.

#16 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

I want it to be fast paced and 2D like MMX used to be. Dash, jump, shoot! Or 3D in 3rd person like Megaman Legends but never in First Person like Metroid Prime. I mean, why turn MM into a FPS, it makes no sense? They been trying to turn MM into an RPG with the recent handheld tittles and I really don't like that either... I absolutely hate 2.5D games because it not only ruins the art-style but the gameplay tends to feel awkward too. I have given it a chance to the PsP game Maverick Hunter and it was awful just like MMX7 and MMX8. And the same with crappy hand-drawngames like Muramasa, they look pretty but that is it... Pixels are the way to go for 2D games but 3D is easier and faster to make so they'll probably go with either 2.5D or full 3D so I take full 3D over garbage 2.5D.

But I bet the game will probably be a mess of a reboot anyway. The only thing Capcom needs to reboot is the Resident Evil franchise but that's the only one that stays the same. =/

#17 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"] But the 8 bit games are awesome.rilpas

that's the problem, they actually added limitations that weren't in half of the 8 bit megaman games.

If you can, go play megaman 6 you can do a lot of stuff there that you can't on these newer tributes

well the only of the old ones that i bothered playing for more than 30 seconds was megaman 1. ice man's stage is the death of me.
#18 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] i found them boring. having started with the X series, all those limitations of the 8bit games don't bode well with me, and the cheap hits are annoying.BrunoBRS

well the only of the old ones that i bothered playing for more than 30 seconds was megaman 1. ice man's stage is the death of me.

lol Ice man...

Wait till you get to the 2nd part of the game. :P

#19 Posted by rilpas (8161 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="rilpas"]

nameless12345

lol Ice man...

elecman was the bane of my existance, he killed you in three or four hits :P

#20 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27389 posts) -

Megaman 11 me thinks. Same design as MM9-10. Cant say Im against it but meh, Ill take w/e I can get at this point.

Shirokishi_

i really hope its not.

#21 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] well the only of the old ones that i bothered playing for more than 30 seconds was megaman 1. ice man's stage is the death of me.rilpas

lol Ice man...

elecman was the bane of my existance, he killed you in three or four hits :P

just kill cutman first :D elecman had those stupid ladder climbing segments though >.>
#22 Posted by mitu123 (155184 posts) -

Make Mega Man X9 for once!

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#23 Posted by darkspineslayer (22393 posts) -
I'll forgive you once you deliver it Capcom. Megaman ZX 3 would be nice.