New Mass Effect Game In Early Development

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
Zero_epyon

13504

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 13504 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-mass-effect-game-reportedly-in-very-early-deve/1100-6471500/

Apparently all of those Mass Effect-related tweets this past N7 Day wasn't just BioWare employees teasing fans. According to a report, the studio is working on a fifth Mass Effect title.

According to Kotaku, BioWare Edmonton--the studio responsible for developing the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series--is "in very early development" on a new Mass Effect game. The project is being led by BioWare project director Mike Gamble--whose previous work includes serving as the producer for Mass Effect: Andromeda and lead producer for Anthem.

Let it be a Mass Effect prequel set in Shepard's timeline. I would buy it day -1 if it's based on the contact war between Humanity and the Turians.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

39451

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39451 Posts

@Zero_epyon: Mass Effect: Andromeda has arguably the best combat in any Mass Effect games. It's just about everywhere else that it falls short when compared to the others in the series. It's one of the reason why I like Andromeda, just combat-wise but the story was poor indeed.

Hey EA. just give me a Remastered Trilogy and then let it die. Andromeda felt like a waste of time and I don't trust Bioware making anything good anymore after both Dragon Age: Inquisition & Anthem were disappointing games. Hell, I can't trust Bioware making the next Dragon Age good cause Bioware has lost alot of key developers over the years, not expecting this new Mass Effect to be anything good despite Casey Hudson is back in town.

Avatar image for my_user_name
my_user_name

50

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 50 Posts

Andromeda's gameplay was good for the most part, but the story was completely forgettable. I can honestly live with a repeat of that.

Would prefer they keep their distance from the trilogy. At most vaguely refer to the events that occurred.

A remaster of the original trilogy with all the dlc would be nice.

Avatar image for djoffer
djoffer

1592

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1592 Posts

Mehh if the next dragon age is going to flop, I bet there is a pretty decent chance that BioWare is getting axed and this game never sees the light of day...

And BioWare hasn’t made a good game since DA2 imo, so won’t hold my breath for DA4 being any good!

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

54350

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54350 Posts

Remaster the trilogy with the gameplay of Andromeda, or just forget Andromeda existed and try again.

Avatar image for cainetao11
cainetao11

37044

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#6 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 37044 Posts

@davillain-: whole heartedly agree. The TPS combat in Andromeda is good. Characters, narrative, upgrades, exploration of the galaxy just weren’t enjoyable.

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

8887

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 8887 Posts

"The project is being led by BioWare project director Mike Gamble--whose previous work includes serving as the producer for Mass Effect: Andromeda and lead producer for Anthem."

Is that good or bad?

Avatar image for locopatho
locopatho

23698

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 23698 Posts

I... don't care.

Like many other of my favourite devs, Bioware now make gross "hamster wheel" online-service games. I don't trust them to make a quality single player experience again.

I'll never stop loving the Baldur's Gate saga, KOTOR, the Mass Effect Trilogy, Dragon Age: Origins, etc, but I think the team that made these games no longer exists.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

5273

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5273 Posts

I want to be excited for a new ME again, but I know we're going to end up with a monkey's paw version.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

19568

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19568 Posts

If it has a proper SP campaign and not some MP bullsh*t, and goes back to it's roots, then I'll definitely be interested.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
blueinheaven

4698

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#11 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 4698 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

"The project is being led by BioWare project director Mike Gamble--whose previous work includes serving as the producer for Mass Effect: Andromeda and lead producer for Anthem."

Is that good or bad?

I liked Andromeda but went nowhere near Anthem though if the stories from staff behind the scenes are to be believed Anthem was originally a completely different kind of game. Apparently EA told them drop that crap and give us Fortnite or some other shit that gives us tons of money.

Kind of difficult not to believe that from EA of all people. So it's hard to know how much Gamble is to blame for what Anthem turned out to be. I wouldn't get too excited either way with EA's money-grabbing mitts involved, even as a huge fan of ME, which I have been from the beginning.

The same people who spoke out about Anthem also said the next Dragon Age will be and I quote 'Anthem with dragons' so yeah, more money-grabbing fuckwittery with their biggest franchises incoming it seems.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

13586

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#12 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 13586 Posts

This reminds me that I really, really need to start Andromeda.

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

8887

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 8887 Posts
@blueinheaven said:

I liked Andromeda but went nowhere near Anthem though if the stories from staff behind the scenes are to be believed Anthem was originally a completely different kind of game. Apparently EA told them drop that crap and give us Fortnite or some other shit that gives us tons of money.

Kind of difficult not to believe that from EA of all people. So it's hard to know how much Gamble is to blame for what Anthem turned out to be. I wouldn't get too excited either way with EA's money-grabbing mitts involved, even as a huge fan of ME, which I have been from the beginning.

The same people who spoke out about Anthem also said the next Dragon Age will be and I quote 'Anthem with dragons' so yeah, more money-grabbing fuckwittery with their biggest franchises incoming it seems.

Ah greed. Has ruined wonderful things since before the beginning of recorded history.

Avatar image for TJDMHEM
TJDMHEM

2745

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 2745 Posts

is it going to be good?

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

29036

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 29036 Posts

I’m very interested in another Mass Effect game. I loved the first three and while I was a bit disappointed in Andromeda especially as a Mass Effect game I still thought that it was a pretty good game in general.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

4493

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#16 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4493 Posts

Inquisition was bad? Best one.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

45040

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45040 Posts

Would like a reboot, not a remaster, of the original trilogy.

I normally dislike reboots, especially on games/movies/shows/etc that are not really that old, but I think it'd be great with Mass Effect. It's just such a fundamentally good franchise--story, lore, alien species and races, and so on--I would just love to see it re-interpreted in another's vision while keeping the same basic themes. A visual upgrade wouldn't hurt either, in addition to modern gameplay standards (sorry Mass Effect 1 but your combat sucks compared to ME Andromeda).

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
foxhound_fox

98121

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98121 Posts

I would rather have a Mass Effect game that isn't set around one particular character's story, and be more like a single-player MMORPG, where you build your own story through character development and divergent quest lines (more like Dragon Age, with multiple character origins).

But I highly doubt BioWare is capable of such a feat these days, so my fantasy for playing as a krogan mercenary will still not come to fruition.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

54350

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54350 Posts

@foxhound_fox: After Anthem? We can hope. Hopefully Fallen Order shows EA that single-player oriented games in a genuinely interesting universe, are 100% viable.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

3554

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#20 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3554 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@foxhound_fox: After Anthem? We can hope. Hopefully Fallen Order shows EA that single-player oriented games in a genuinely interesting universe, are 100% viable.

Yep, I don't care about Star Wars at all but I want the game to sell well so maybe EA can get a clue and start focusing on more SP games I really hope Dead Space can come back someday.

Avatar image for Postosuchus
Postosuchus

637

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 637 Posts

The time for Bioware to die with any dignity has LONG since passed, but I'm still hoping EA shutters them after the next flop anyway to stop further profaning the once great name of this studio.

Avatar image for TheEroica
TheEroica

18575

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#22 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 18575 Posts

@davillain-: for so many reasons I can say andromeda has the worst combat in the series. The biggest reason being that mass effect 1-3 were not just about me, but about how I managed my two companions in the battlefield. I chose my partners based on their skills and ability in combat. Andromeda stole that entire experience from me, rendering all my companions completely useless in combat.

Ubi Montreal made a really nice MP mode in me3... I loved it. They clearly brought that gameplay set over to andromeda... The problem is that mass effect is an rpg and the original trilogy handled that far better than andromeda...

In fact I'm bold enough to say that mass effect 1 had more engaging gameplay than andromeda did.

You know I'm always coming with the counterpoint. Haha.

Avatar image for rmpumper
rmpumper

727

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 727 Posts

First contact story with the ability to play from the perspective of both Humans and Turians. The game could be smaller scale but with more attention to detail.

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
Zero_epyon

13504

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#24 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 13504 Posts

@rmpumper said:

First contact story with the ability to play from the perspective of both Humans and Turians. The game could be smaller scale but with more attention to detail.

I'm not alone I see. I'd like to see what Shepard and Garrus' parents were like during that war.

Avatar image for wolfpup7
wolfpup7

1333

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#25 wolfpup7
Member since 2004 • 1333 Posts

@Zero_epyon: oh thank god. Gigantic fan of the series, and science fiction generally. Hopefully it’ll be a real game and not some deathmatch game skinned with mass effect characters or whatever

Avatar image for bussinrounds
bussinrounds

3212

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#26 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3212 Posts

Bioware blows and anyone still ready to give them any $$ needs their head examined.

Avatar image for watercrack445
watercrack445

2113

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By watercrack445  Online
Member since 2017 • 2113 Posts

If they implement Elcor meat in the game and the protagonist is able to eat the elcor meat, I think that would be awesome. If you eat it in front of an elcor, the elcor do some kind of emotional response.... Hell, just make an elcor a companion character. An elcor with a machine gun or rocket attached to their back, that would be a good tank and bullet sponge.

Avatar image for pinkribbonscars
PinkRibbonScars

196

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#28 PinkRibbonScars
Member since 2019 • 196 Posts

lol why tho

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
Zero_epyon

13504

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#29 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 13504 Posts

@watercrack445 said:

If they implement Elcor meat in the game and the protagonist is able to eat the elcor meat, I think that would be awesome. If you eat it in front of an elcor, the elcor do some kind of emotional response.... Hell, just make an elcor a companion character. An elcor with a machine gun or rocket attached to their back, that would be a good tank and bullet sponge.

*great sadness* I doubt they would do something like that.

Avatar image for thehig1
thehig1

7373

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#30 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7373 Posts

@foxhound_fox: would like to see something like that.

Having the choice to play as a Batarian or a Vorcha or other races would be cool

I think it does need to be set in the milky way, the world built in the trilogy is the games main strength, with fascinating races and homeplanets.

Would love to see homeplanets of some other races like the Hanar /drell

Avatar image for watercrack445
watercrack445

2113

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By watercrack445  Online
Member since 2017 • 2113 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@watercrack445 said:

If they implement Elcor meat in the game and the protagonist is able to eat the elcor meat, I think that would be awesome. If you eat it in front of an elcor, the elcor do some kind of emotional response.... Hell, just make an elcor a companion character. An elcor with a machine gun or rocket attached to their back, that would be a good tank and bullet sponge.

*great sadness* I doubt they would do something like that.

Its was part of Mass effect dark humor. In the first game, I think it happened in the first game, there was an ad about elcor meat. So, I want to see if they implement that.

Avatar image for sonny2dap
sonny2dap

1548

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 1548 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@davillain-: for so many reasons I can say andromeda has the worst combat in the series. The biggest reason being that mass effect 1-3 were not just about me, but about how I managed my two companions in the battlefield. I chose my partners based on their skills and ability in combat. Andromeda stole that entire experience from me, rendering all my companions completely useless in combat.

Ubi Montreal made a really nice MP mode in me3... I loved it. They clearly brought that gameplay set over to andromeda... The problem is that mass effect is an rpg and the original trilogy handled that far better than andromeda...

In fact I'm bold enough to say that mass effect 1 had more engaging gameplay than andromeda did.

You know I'm always coming with the counterpoint. Haha.

Agreed 100%, for me though the high point remains ME2, not only game play and story but some of the visuals really were fantastic in that game.

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
Zero_epyon

13504

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#33 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 13504 Posts

@watercrack445 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@watercrack445 said:

If they implement Elcor meat in the game and the protagonist is able to eat the elcor meat, I think that would be awesome. If you eat it in front of an elcor, the elcor do some kind of emotional response.... Hell, just make an elcor a companion character. An elcor with a machine gun or rocket attached to their back, that would be a good tank and bullet sponge.

*great sadness* I doubt they would do something like that.

Its was part of Mass effect dark humor. In the first game, I think it happened in the first game, there was an ad about elcor meat. So, I want to see if they implement that.

I think the rocket launchers on Elcors were hinted at as well. I don't remember if it was a joke or not. I think there was also a movie poster from an Elco action movie.

Avatar image for whatafailure
WhatAFailure

457

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 457 Posts

Will they be forgiven with these soft reboots of Mass Effect and Anthem? Can they save these franchises and partially redeem themselves? Tune in 2021 and find out!

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

36506

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#35 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 36506 Posts

Biowares Rocky 3.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

24828

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#36 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24828 Posts

A new game from that studio that sucks huge amounts of ass and have been for a long time and works for EA?

Can't wait.

Avatar image for blazepanzer24
Blazepanzer24

262

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#37 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 262 Posts

Andromeda wasn't all that bad of a game on the service, there was just a lot of small things people didn't topped off with unexcused glitches upon release. I personally wouldn't mind a sequel to Andromeda provided they kept it glitch and Micro-transaction free, and took better care with writing and avoiding those small annoyances.

Avatar image for brimmul777
brimmul777

4239

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 2

#38 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 4239 Posts

It's a series I couldn't get myself to like,even the first ME.

Avatar image for theone86
theone86

22626

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#39  Edited By theone86
Member since 2003 • 22626 Posts

Bioware is dead. New ME and DA games are like real-life zombies, only they're the reanimated corpses of your best friends, a sad reminder of what they used to be and how you'll never really interact with them again.