Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

From Eurogamer

'Gran Turismo Sport's big July update - which brings Polyphony Digital's PlayStation 4 racer up to version 1.23 - has just dropped, bringing with it new cars, a new track and, for the first time with this particular iteration of Gran Turismo, microtransactions that allow players to buy existing cars within the game.

The headline addition is an all-new fictional track, Circuit de Sainte-Croixe, which comes in three different layouts (or six in total if you count the reverse versions). The ability to add decals to racing suits and helmets has also been added, and when it comes to new cars the star is doubtless the Mercedes AMG W08, which took Lewis Hamilton to last year's F1 title.

A potentially controversial addition is that of microtransactions, though while they're not live in Europe just yet - they hit 2nd August - they've rolled out in other territories. In Japan there's a flat price of 300 yen - around £2 - for all cars that are under 2m in-game credits, with the more luxurious cars in Gran Turismo Sport still having to be earned.

Gran Turismo Sport launched last October, and has since enjoyed regular free updates that have bolstered the game's content. Now, when exactly is Spa Francorchamps arriving, Polyphony?'

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-30-gran-turismo-sports-big-new-update-introduces-microtransactions

Not keep on the Microtransaction but would lone to check out that Mercedes!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

As long as you can unlock cars without paying money I'm cool.

I already own 99% of the cars from playing the game and it's easy to make money in the game if you know what you're doing. This microtransactions sounds like it's for lazy people or people that suck at the game that want to own some cars of the mid-tier cars. Luckily the best cars still need to be earned.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@quadknight said:

I already own 99% of the cars from playing the game and it's easy to make money in the game if you know what you're doing. This microtransactions sounds like it's for lazy people or people that suck at the game that want to own some cars of the mid-tier cars. Luckily the best cars still need to be earned.

It's all about balancing though with these MT's. Not sure I trust the devs not to inflate the playtime needed to unlock the cool cars.

That said I remember Kimi Raikkonen's 2007 F1 Ferrari taking an age to unlock in GT5.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Weird how they put that in so late. At least Microsoft doesn't bullshit around with that.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

It's on sale for a steal atm, thinking of pulling the trigger...but not sure.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Kinda weird since it is easy to collect cars and even easy to collect money in this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

So what happened to the free 500 cars over the next 5yrs lol.

Oh and microtransactions are ok now as long as its Sony.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Its not performing well so change the business to milking suckers.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By QuadKnight
@k--m--k said:

Kinda weird since it is easy to collect cars and even easy to collect money in this game.

Like I said earlier, it's for lazy people that don't wanna play the game but wanna get specific mid-tier cars. The game already gives you cars everyday for free through the daily challenges and on top of that it's easy to get money in the game.

@boycie said:
@quadknight said:

It's all about balancing though with these MT's. Not sure I trust the devs not to inflate the playtime needed to unlock the cool cars.

That said I remember Kimi Raikkonen's 2007 F1 Ferrari taking an age to unlock in GT5.

I get what you mean but it's already easy as hell to get money in the game, and you can already get free cars through doing the daily challenge which consists of racing as little as 27 miles in a day (which usually takes me 15-20 minutes). This would be a problem if it was difficult to get money to get the cool cars but it isn't. Just playing the game normally should get you any car you really desire. Sounds like this option is for the extremely lazy people because even if you're terrible at the game the free cars through daily challenges should have you covered.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@i_p_daily said:

I guess they are adding more option for Sony fans. Forza is taking away option and GTS is adding them!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By QuadKnight
@ellos said:

Since when is selling approximately 5 million in less than 9 months equal to not performing well?

Show me another sim racer that is close to doing as well as GT Sport sales wise, there isn't.

@boycie said:
@i_p_daily said:

I guess they are adding more option for Sony fans. Forza is taking away option and GTS is adding them!

The game is still getting free cars and tracks with every update. What are you clowns talking about lol?

darkRecon6Opt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darkRecon6Opt
Member since 2018 • 119 Posts

@boycie: the narrative changes again

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@boycie said:
@i_p_daily said:

Yeah Forza's taking away loot boxes that you use in game currency to use boo MS, and GT Sport is adding more options for the payers, oh shit I mean players, where's @Ant_17 i'm sure he will be over the moon about this, more options the better right Ant???

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#14 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Oh boy, this is hilarious from a SW perspective!

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@i_p_daily: Honest question, are you really this stupid or is it just the SW trolling?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@ellos said:

Since when is selling approximately 5 million in less than 9 months equal to not performing well?

Show me another sim racer that is close to doing as well as GT Sport sales wise, there isn't.

@boycie said:
@i_p_daily said:

The game is still getting free cars and tracks with every update. What are you clowns talking about lol?

You're inability to give Sony shit, I mean you even blame other companies for Sony's decisions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@vfighter said:

@i_p_daily: Honest question, are you really this stupid or is it just the SW trolling?

Here's a question for you, can you contribute to a thread and discuss the topic at hand without asking people if they're trolls or stupid all the time?

You're like a broken record, if you don't like the banter on SW then you're free to jump on the PS forums and pat each other on the bum when you pump up the PS4's tyres lol.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By QuadKnight
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@ellos said:

@boycie said:
@i_p_daily said:

You're inability to give Sony shit, I mean you even blame other companies for Sony's decisions.

Cry harder you butthurt clown. All those cars are all unlockable easily and you can even unlock them without using in-game Credits since the game already gives you a free car everyday just for logging in and doing 15 minute races.

None of this is like the predatory microtransactions you find in EA and Activision games since none of the content is locked behind a paywall, and the best cars will still need to be earned by playing the game. Keep reaching you fool...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Poo cows, getting slaughtered up in here....

Good stuff. lol :P

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 QuadKnight
@vfighter said:

He's really this stupid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@ellos said:

@boycie said:
@i_p_daily said:

Cry harder you butthurt clown. All those cars are all unlockable easily and you can even unlock them without using in-game Credits since the game already gives you a free car everyday just for logging in and doing 15 minute races.

None of this is like the predatory microtransactions you find in EA and Activision games since none of the content is locked behind a paywall, and the best cars will still need to be earned by playing the game. Keep reaching you fool...

excuses, excuses.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@vfighter said:

He's really this stupid.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@boycie: To be honest, I always thought Gran Turismo Sport already had Microtransaction, but seeing this, this is just a stealth update just for lazy gamers who can't seem to actually play to unlocked good stuff.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@boycie: To be honest, I always thought Gran Turismo Sport already had Microtransaction, but seeing this, this is just a stealth update just for lazy gamers who can't seem to actually play to unlocked good stuff.

Echoing quacks stupid "lazy gamers" comment, well I guess Sony is helping out the "lazy gamers" then, how nice of them.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

If you can earn them without paying then I don't see what the big deal is. Optics though, Sony's supposed to be "for the player", microtransactions are seen as cancer ridden ass juice, the two do not jell well.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VFighter

@i_p_daily: How about this, if you're tired of being called out for being stupid or trolling how about you stop posting stupid trolling nonsense? Seems kinda simple doesn't it? You honestly think YOU contribute anything of value to this board bwahahahaha, thanks for the chuckle.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#27 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Ew. As long as I can easily ignore them. Excited about the new cars and tracks though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#28 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@vfighter: Take a chill pill dude. Go buy microtransactions and relax.

Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts

Pay to win, it’s a good thing.

Sony is just looking out for the little guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@vfighter said:

@i_p_daily: How about this, if you're tired of being called out for being stupid or trolling how about you stop posting stupid trolling nonsense? Seems kinda simple doesn't it? You honestly think YOU contribute anything of value to this board bwahahahaha, thanks for the chuckle.

Where did I say I contribute anything of value? reading comprehension get some. But at least I can talk about the topic at hand unlike you who just goes around asking people if they are stupid or trolling the majority of the time.

PS forums are that way --------> let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VFighter

@phbz: Im good thanks, I'll just play the game to get cars unlocked/bought, its an awesome game so its fun doing so.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@boycie said:
@i_p_daily said:

Yeah Forza's taking away loot boxes that you use in game currency to use boo MS, and GT Sport is adding more options for the payers, oh shit I mean players, where's @Ant_17 i'm sure he will be over the moon about this, more options the better right Ant???

Yeah, more options. Sucks for you lems.

But for real, i didn't expect that from Sony.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@i_p_daily said:

Echoing quacks stupid "lazy gamers" comment, well I guess Sony is helping out the "lazy gamers" then, how nice of them.

I guess so. Sony can do whatever they wish how to stealth Microtransaction. If Sony wish to help so called "lazy gamers" then that's their business. I don't have to like it.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

is this game even relevant anymore?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Well this sure is pretty damn hilarious now isn’t it. It’s all about that “player choice” y’all. “For the players” and all that jazz. ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@2mrw said:

is this game even relevant anymore?

GT is one of Sony's most premium IP's so yeah it's still retentive i'd say.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By QuadKnight
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

I guess so. Sony can do whatever they wish how to stealth Microtransaction. If Sony wish to help so called "lazy gamers" then that's their business. I don't have to like it.

Exactly. GT6 actually had micotransactions that let you buy Credits with real money but this idiot thinks this is the first GT game to have micotransactions lol. Shows you how little he knows about the series he likes to bash all the time ?....

If you’re impatient and can’t stand the thought of driving a Honda Fit for two hours, you’re free to stock up on credits with some cash. These are the increments:

• 500k – $4.99
  • 1M – $9.99
  • 2.5M – $19.99
  • 7.5M – $49.99
^ ^ This is from GT6
^ ^ This is from GT6

GT Sport is certainly not the first GT game to have microtransactions like this for lazy players but at least now it's not as bad as it was in GT6. You can't buy Credits with real money now and the best cars still have to be earned. You can only unlock mid-tier to low end average cars with this method unlike the way it was in GT6.

I hate microtransactions but I'm okay with them if they don't give people an unfair advantage and I can ignore them. You won't be winning any online races because you can now unlock mid-tier cars. You'll still need to know how to drive and get Mileage points to be able to do any customizations to the cars you buy. It's not an unfair system that rewards shitty drives with unfair wins online. This is just a shallow method for people that want to unlock cars without grinding for them. It's not pay to win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@quadknight said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Exactly. GT6 actually had micotransactions that let you buy Credits with real money but this idiot thinks this is the first GT game to have micotransactions lol. Shows you how little he knows about the series he likes to bash all the time.

If you’re impatient and can’t stand the thought of driving a Honda Fit for two hours, you’re free to stock up on credits with some cash. These are the increments:

• 500k – $4.99
  • 1M – $9.99
  • 2.5M – $19.99
  • 7.5M – $49.99

GT Sport is certainly not the first GT game to have an option like this for lazy players but at least now it's not as bad as it was in GT6. You can't buy Credits with real money now and the best cars still have to be earned. You can only unlock mid-tier to low end average cars with this method.

I hate microtransactions but I'm okay with them if they don't give people an unfair advantage and I can ignore them. You won't be winning any online races because you can now unlock mid-tier cars. You'll still need to know how to drive and get Mileage points to be able to do any customizations to the cars you buy. It's not an unfair system that rewards shitty drives with unfair wins online. This is just a shallow method for people that want to unlock cars without grinding for them. It's not pay to win.

I think it's the fact that Kazunori stated that MT's would definently not be making an appearance in this version of GT that is the annoying and slightly embarrasing aspect of this.

'Series producer Kazunori Yamauchi has confirmed that the upcoming Gran Turismo Sportwill not feature microtransactions,

As reported by GTPlanet, speaking at the PlayStation Experience event in Malaysia, Yamauchi responded to a question from Youtube user Gema Show Indo and confirmed that there will be online updates in the form of new cars and tracks - but that microtransactions are definitely off the table this time round.'

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/10/gran-turismo-sport-wont-include-microtransactions

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 QuadKnight
@boycie said:
@quadknight said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Exactly. GT6 actually had micotransactions that let you buy Credits with real money but this idiot thinks this is the first GT game to have micotransactions lol. Shows you how little he knows about the series he likes to bash all the time.

• 500k – $4.99
  • 1M – $9.99
  • 2.5M – $19.99
  • 7.5M – $49.99

GT Sport is certainly not the first GT game to have an option like this for lazy players but at least now it's not as bad as it was in GT6. You can't buy Credits with real money now and the best cars still have to be earned. You can only unlock mid-tier to low end average cars with this method.

I think it's the fact that Kazunori stated that MT's would definently not be making an appearance in this version of GT that is the annoying and slightly embarrasing aspect of this.

'Series producer Kazunori Yamauchi has confirmed that the upcoming Gran Turismo Sportwill not feature microtransactions,

As reported by GTPlanet, speaking at the PlayStation Experience event in Malaysia, Yamauchi responded to a question from Youtube user Gema Show Indo and confirmed that there will be online updates in the form of new cars and tracks - but that microtransactions are definitely off the table this time round.'

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/10/gran-turismo-sport-wont-include-microtransactions

He either lied or got mistranslated. It wouldn't be the first time with that clown Mr. Kaz.

At least all the cars in the game are free and they aren't charging for them, that's all I care about. I'm okay with microtransactions if they aren't intrusive and I can ignore them.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@quadknight said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Exactly. GT6 actually had micotransactions that let you buy Credits with real money but this idiot thinks this is the first GT game to have micotransactions lol. Shows you how little he knows about the series he likes to bash all the time ?....

• 500k – $4.99
  • 1M – $9.99
  • 2.5M – $19.99
  • 7.5M – $49.99
^ ^ This is from GT6
^ ^ This is from GT6

GT Sport is certainly not the first GT game to micortransactions like this for lazy players but at least now it's not as bad as it was in GT6. You can't buy Credits with real money now and the best cars still have to be earned. You can only unlock mid-tier to low end average cars with this method unlike the way it was in GT6.

I know Daily tried to play it off. GT had Microtransaction in the past and with this, it doesn't bother me rather it's in the game or not. This isn't a deal breaker for anyone. Just don't succumb to spending Microtransaction.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ant_17

@boycie said:
@quadknight said:

GT5 was trash. Trying to mimmick Forza, no GT fan liked it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

wtf SONY

j/k i dont play racers

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

That's the 1st Step in Sony's Stealth Milkage.

The next Step will be Sony making it harder to unlock the Cars in the game so that more People spend money on Micro Transactions....

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

PS4: For the payers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Ant_17: how was it trying to mimic Forza?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Ooops

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ant_17

@boycie said:

@Ant_17: how was it trying to mimic Forza?

It made progress locked behind player leves.

Forza 2 and 3 had that at the time.

GT5 made it half assed, cause you needed to level up yourself, then a clan of dumb AI in b-spec that you had to watch them race in real time. No skip, no simulate race, watch it.

The chore to unlock endurance for the AI was brutal, then to build a car for their stupid AI to win was just the worst.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Will they be like the ones in Assassin's Creed Origins? If yes, I really don't care, since AC Origins MTs are so unobstrusive and you can even buy some of them with some points Ubi gives you for free. So, not really a concern if you can still get the content by playing the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@recloud: a bit cheeky of $ony to sneak them in after the developers said they would definitely not be added don't you think though?