New Forza 5 gameplay (Laguna Seca track)

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts
[QUOTE="strawhatlupi"] endurance race? i thought flopzers races last 20mins at most... that why a 24hr daylight doesn't bother them...

As usual, your lack of knowledge and poor attempt at trolling is just bad. True they removed most of the endurance races from the offline career in FM4, but people still run them all the time. Forza has a great online setup where you can create a race on any track for any length of time in whatever class you like, then fill the grid with AI. You gain experience and credits just like you would in the single player career. Turn 10 even gives out awards to people who finish a 24 hour race sometimes (last contest was during 24 hours of Le Mans I think). Also no day/night cycle is a big deal for many hardcore Forza fans. Not a deal breaker but it has been one of the most requested features since FM2. They know we want it.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

"getting a look at Forza 5 on the xbox one .......dev kit"

WHY is it still running ...on a dev kit?

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 HadOne2Many

pelvist
Sounded like someone off camera corrected him at that point so he started over. The second time he just said "actual xbox one kit"
strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 strawhatlupi
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
[QUOTE="HadOne2Many"][QUOTE="strawhatlupi"] endurance race? i thought flopzers races last 20mins at most... that why a 24hr daylight doesn't bother them...

As usual, your lack of knowledge and poor attempt at trolling is just bad. True they removed most of the endurance races from the offline career in FM4, but people still run them all the time. Forza has a great online setup where you can create a race on any track for any length of time in whatever class you like, then fill the grid with AI. You gain experience and credits just like you would in the single player career. Turn 10 even gives out awards to people who finish a 24 hour race sometimes (last contest was during 24 hours of Le Mans I think). Also no day/night cycle is a big deal for many hardcore Forza fans. Not a deal breaker but it has been one of the most requested features since FM2. They know we want it.

24hrs race where the sun stand still in the sky... no wonder the whole flopza world is pre-baked.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Looks good.

Too bad it will be on Xbone...

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 HadOne2Many
[QUOTE="strawhatlupi"][QUOTE="HadOne2Many"][QUOTE="strawhatlupi"] endurance race? i thought flopzers races last 20mins at most... that why a 24hr daylight doesn't bother them...

24hrs race where the sun stand still in the sky... no wonder the whole flopza world is pre-baked.

To be fair only a few select tracks on GT5 had day/night cycle...and the jaggies...dear god the jaggies. The shadows looked like lego blocks moving across the dashboard. Also the framerate dropped significantly on those tracks, especially if the weather was on. The rain looks great in screenshots, but in motion it was uigly as sin. So the question then becomes which is more important, performance or graphics? For me it is performance. Maybe GT will get it right and give us both on the PS4, but since they are limiting themselves to inferior hardware I'm sure GT6 will suffer from the same problems. Who knows when we'll see them make the leap to next gen. Until then Forza is the go to game for fans of the genre.
strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 strawhatlupi
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
[QUOTE="HadOne2Many"][QUOTE="strawhatlupi"][QUOTE="HadOne2Many"] As usual, your lack of knowledge and poor attempt at trolling is just bad. True they removed most of the endurance races from the offline career in FM4, but people still run them all the time. Forza has a great online setup where you can create a race on any track for any length of time in whatever class you like, then fill the grid with AI. You gain experience and credits just like you would in the single player career. Turn 10 even gives out awards to people who finish a 24 hour race sometimes (last contest was during 24 hours of Le Mans I think). Also no day/night cycle is a big deal for many hardcore Forza fans. Not a deal breaker but it has been one of the most requested features since FM2. They know we want it.

To be fair only a few select tracks on GT5 had day/night cycle...and the jaggies...dear god the jaggies. The shadows looked like lego blocks moving across the dashboard. Also the framerate dropped significantly on those tracks, especially if the weather was on. The rain looks great in screenshots, but in motion it was uigly as sin. So the question then becomes which is more important, performance or graphics? For me it is performance. Maybe GT will get it right and give us both on the PS4, but since they are limiting themselves to inferior hardware I'm sure GT6 will suffer from the same problems. Who knows when we'll see them make the leap to next gen. Until then Forza is the go to game for fans of the genre.

Lame attempt lem, Flopzucks 5 is already on your 8th gen garbage and it is still a pos. confirmed Xbone is an inferior hardware...
HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 HadOne2Many
[QUOTE="strawhatlupi"][QUOTE="HadOne2Many"][QUOTE="strawhatlupi"] 24hrs race where the sun stand still in the sky... no wonder the whole flopza world is pre-baked.

Lame attempt lem, Flopzucks 5 is already on your 8th gen garbage and it is still a pos. confirmed Xbone is an inferior hardware...

I don't even know why I bother with you. You are too caught up in the whole system wars thing to even carry on a conversation with.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

The sense of speed just isn't there.

Kaz_Son

This. Also, dat prebaked lighting. I did like the fact they were using the F12 Berlinetta (one of my fav Ferraris)

doesnt really look too impressive TBH, but i actually always loved racing games, Project Gotham and Gran Turismo were like my favorite racing games..  i def would play Forza 5 but there is nothing special about it at all... and i also see jaggies pretty noticeable in the game

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 HadOne2Many

and i also see jaggies pretty noticeable in the game

xboxiphoneps3
On the E3 build the only jaggies were from low quality youtube videos, not the game. I'm downloading the high quality 60 fps 1080p video from gamersyde now and will post some screens from it later.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]

HadOne2Many
On the E3 build the only jaggies were from low quality youtube videos, not the game. I'm downloading the high quality 60 fps 1080p video from gamersyde now and will post some screens from it later.

ok
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#62 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Does anyone know who's alt. account strawhatlupi is? He is way too stupid and irritating to be this new to System Wars.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Kaz_Son
This. Also, dat prebaked lighting. I did like the fact they were using the F12 Berlinetta (one of my fav Ferraris)

.............BAHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAH but I just cant tell the speed from a gameplay video online, but I know for a fact If I play it the ""sense"" of speed won't be there. lol
HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 HadOne2Many

[QUOTE="HadOne2Many"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]

xboxiphoneps3

ok

I took some screenshots, but I guess I'll need to create a flickr account to host them if anyone wants to see them in original resolution. Photobucket resized them and added some nasty compression :(.

Anyway I didn't see any jaggies. There are some other issues like pop in on the rear view mirror and way too much lens flare as well as some color issues and artifacts I think are from recording off screen. Cant wait for some high resolution direct feed footage.

Shadows on interior look great though, as do reflections on the car.  Track side details are boring, but it is a real world track and is boring like that.  Helicopter and birds are a nice touch, makes it less sterile.

FM53_zps18175721.jpg

FM54_zpsa671fb38.jpg

FM51_zps58c4169f.jpg

FM52_zps1696b795.jpg

FM55_zps8ccf8b11.jpg

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

I'm loving those reflections,And that interior view looks like GT5, which is a really good thing, i loved the lighting in cockpit, it looks very natural now, shadows are top notch aswell.  Also too the guy that said laguna seca is boring, No, not at all, it's a very exciting track on and off, but this does not portray it well, for track side action, i'll say shift series does it better to make it feel like an actual gritty race day. Forza and GT need to stop taking such a sterile race envirorment, in turn, it ends up feeling a track day rather then a race, PCARS is also rather sterile on race tracks(track side wise).

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I'm loving those reflections,

TorqueHappens08

the dash, wheel, driver hands reflection off the front wind screen is pretty phenominal

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TorqueHappens08

[QUOTE="TorqueHappens08"]

I'm loving those reflections,

R3FURBISHED

the dash, wheel, driver hands reflection off the front wind screen is pretty phenominal

I'm really impressed with the lighting now, a massive improvement.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 R3FURBISHED

Are there any videos of Spa out? Turn 10 announced it, but have they shown it?

__

And here's a car I can't wait to drive in Forza 5:

2013-golf-r-front-2.jpg

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Game just looks like more of the same, looks like a 360 game, and they really need to work on the sense of speed. Hopefully the driving is better more up to GT standards. 

Eddie-Vedder

Forza isn't about simulation; it's about ease of access, so I don't think it will ever really play like GT.  

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 TorqueHappens08

__

2013-golf-r-front-2.jpg

R3FURBISHED

Good lighting in this with the way it hits that metalic paint, and very smoothe modeling, that is what can make a racing game look next gen, the smootheness of the model plays a massive roll conveying the illusion of a real car, if it's jaggy, you automatically know it's a game, and that looks, incredibly smoothe. Looking at the envirorment and car over again, i think i'm looking a real car lol, But you can use what i said as a reference.  Unless that is forza 5, then i am completely blown away.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

__

2013-golf-r-front-2.jpg

TorqueHappens08

Good lighting in this with the way it hits that metalic paint, and very smoothe modeling, that is what can make a racing game look next gen, the smootheness of the model plays a massive roll conveying the illusion of a real car, if it's jaggy, you automatically know it's a game, and that looks, incredibly smoothe.

I don't know if its what you think - but thats not from Forza 5. Thats a picture of the MkVII Golf R - http://www.vwvortex.com/news/volkswagen-news/volkswagen-golf-r-first-official-photos-and-information/

I'm just saying I want to drive it.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 HadOne2Many

Also too the guy that said laguna seca is boring, No, not at all, it's a very exciting track on and off, but this does not portray it well, for track side action, i'll say shift series does it better to make it feel like an actual gritty race day. Forza and GT need to stop taking such a sterile race envirorment, in turn, it ends up feeling a track day rather then a race, PCARS is also rather sterile on race tracks(track side wise).

TorqueHappens08
I was more referring to the scenery itself (not as pretty as Mugello for example), poor word choice on my part. I'm on the opposite coast and have never been to Laguna Seca, but I've been to Daytona a few times for the Rolex 24 and yes they have a lot to learn about race day atmosphere.
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 TorqueHappens08

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

__

2013-golf-r-front-2.jpg

R3FURBISHED

Good lighting in this with the way it hits that metalic paint, and very smoothe modeling, that is what can make a racing game look next gen, the smootheness of the model plays a massive roll conveying the illusion of a real car, if it's jaggy, you automatically know it's a game, and that looks, incredibly smoothe.

I don't know if its what you think - but thats not from Forza 5. Thats a picture of the MkVII Golf R - http://www.vwvortex.com/news/volkswagen-news/volkswagen-golf-r-first-official-photos-and-information/

Yea lol, i see that now, But games are getting to the point, it's kinda a challenge to tell if it's real or not.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 R3FURBISHED

Yea lol, i see that now, But games are getting to the point, it's kinda a challenge to tell if it's real or not.

TorqueHappens08

First time I saw it I thought it was CGI as well. I'm a big VW fan, so the new R is a car I very much would like to drive

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TorqueHappens08

Also too the guy that said laguna seca is boring, No, not at all, it's a very exciting track on and off, but this does not portray it well, for track side action, i'll say shift series does it better to make it feel like an actual gritty race day. Forza and GT need to stop taking such a sterile race envirorment, in turn, it ends up feeling a track day rather then a race, PCARS is also rather sterile on race tracks(track side wise).

HadOne2Many

I was more referring to the scenery itself (not as pretty as Mugello for example), poor word choice on my part. I'm on the opposite coast and have never been to Laguna Seca, but I've been to Daytona a few times for the Rolex 24 and yes they have a lot to learn about race day atmosphere.

Yes, these games are missing the grit factor and the energy of a raceday, Lots of track side action should be going on but, It can also come down to limitations, 60 FPS with those graphics would take a massive hit if the whole track side action was dynamic, i don't think we will see things like until later in the next gen when they really tap into the power.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 HadOne2Many

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Game just looks like more of the same, looks like a 360 game, and they really need to work on the sense of speed. Hopefully the driving is better more up to GT standards. 

X_CAPCOM_X

Forza isn't about simulation; it's about ease of access, so I don't think it will ever really play like GT.  

It already is better. Not saying GT isn't good, but Forza is better and closer to real life. I could start listing specific examples of why but even then I doubt you or Eddie-Vedder there would read it. Some people are just so stuck in the mentality that GT perfection in the driving department that they assume anything that feels different than GT is less realistic. I will leave you with this though. Get in a car you have experience driving in real life on GT with your racing wheel. Turn off all assists except those you use in real life. Then take that car on the Ring and drive it at everday speeds (just like you would on your way to work). Notice how unnecessarily difficult it is to keep the car under total control even at low speeds. Cars are not difficult to drive, actually quite the opposite. They are difficult to drive at the limit, but under normal circumstances it is very easy. Not so much in GT 5. When you are done with that, sit down with Forza 4 and your racing wheel. Perform the same test on the same car. The result will most likely shock you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="TorqueHappens08"] Good lighting in this with the way it hits that metalic paint, and very smoothe modeling, that is what can make a racing game look next gen, the smootheness of the model plays a massive roll conveying the illusion of a real car, if it's jaggy, you automatically know it's a game, and that looks, incredibly smoothe.

TorqueHappens08

kind of does look CGI
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

HadOne2Many

It already is better. Not saying GT isn't good, but Forza is better and closer to real life. I could start listing specific examples of why but even then I doubt you or Eddie-Vedder there would read it. Some people are just so stuck in the mentality that GT perfection in the driving department that they assume anything that feels different than GT is less realistic. I will leave you with this though. Get in a car you have experience driving in real life on GT with your racing wheel. Turn off all assists except those you use in real life. Then take that car on the Ring and drive it at everday speeds (just like you would on your way to work). Notice how unnecessarily difficult it is to keep the car under total control even at low speeds. Cars are not difficult to drive, actually quite the opposite. They are difficult to drive at the limit, but under normal circumstances it is very easy. Not so much in GT 5. When you are done with that, sit down with Forza 4 and your racing wheel. Perform the same test on the same car. The result will most likely shock you.

The one thing in GT that isn't as well represented as in Forza is braking - you can get in my car in the game, MkV GTI (though my car will have more power than in the game due to tuning and bolt-on mods that aren't available in-game) in GT heaving braking causes a substantial amount of shudder and wobble which is not present in real world driving 

All I have for brake upgrades in my car is high quality street pads and SS brake lines.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"][QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

WilliamRLBaker

.............BAHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAH but I just cant tell the speed from a gameplay video online, but I know for a fact If I play it the ""sense"" of speed won't be there. lol

I never said the game looked bad (no games this gen will,) just that the sense of speed was really lacking.

Chill out William.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 X_CAPCOM_X

[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

HadOne2Many

Whoa did I strike a nerve?

You're being all sorts of levels of condescending and presumtious here. Besides, I'm not going to be able to test that, buddy; I don't have a signficant amout of supercars in my garage...

Regardless of what you think, actual drivers prefer GT. It's kind of been established by their racing team and such... Just check out GT Academy for a start.

Forza is fun to play, but it's meant to be just that: fun. It's definitely not a bad thing.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

[QUOTE="pelvist"]

HadOne2Many

Sounded like someone off camera corrected him at that point so he started over. The second time he just said "actual xbox one kit"

No, he was talking about the end of the last demo still being played on that monitor srceen being the reason he will start over.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
Sony fanboys are so jealous right now.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#83 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

HadOne2Many

I have. The reason I do not like real world tracks is because they are done to death in every racer but also because some places, even real life places like Laguna Seca are fairly bland. There is really nothing there.
HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 HadOne2Many

[QUOTE="HadOne2Many"][QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"]

X_CAPCOM_X

You're being all sorts of levels of condescending and presumtious here. Besides, I'm not going to be able to test that, buddy; I don't have a signficant amout of supercars in my garage...

Regardless of what you think, actual drivers prefer GT. It's kind of been established by their racing team and such... Just check out GT Academy for a start.

Forza is fun to play, but it's meant to be just that: fun. It's definitely not a bad thing.

Yeah, when I see people pretend to know more than they do it does strike a nerve. I have performed the test in my example, on multiple cars. I have hundreds of hours in both GT and Forza, and thousands in real life sports cars featured in both games. I think that makes me more qualified to weigh in on the topic than most of the people on this board. And I know all about GT academy. It is a great thing, giving those who show driving talent in the game the opportunity to drive a race car in real life. However that could be done with any sim racing game with realistic handling and real world tracks. It is an advertising program, just like the Forza Motorsport Showdown show that ran on the Speed channel a few years back. Turn 10/Microsoft also sponsors race cars and have drivers who have gone on record touting their game as a great learning tool. In fact most every driving instructor out there says sim racing is a great way to get in practice for a new track before heading to the real thing. Of course nothing replaces the real thing, but to tout GT as better just because of an advertising program is silly. Like I said I can provide actual facts and examples to show the areas GT is lacking, but no matter what I say you won't listen.
TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts
Mediocre game for a mediocre system
GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"]

[QUOTE="HadOne2Many"] It already is better. Not saying GT isn't good, but Forza is better and closer to real life. I could start listing specific examples of why but even then I doubt you or Eddie-Vedder there would read it. Some people are just so stuck in the mentality that GT perfection in the driving department that they assume anything that feels different than GT is less realistic. I will leave you with this though. Get in a car you have experience driving in real life on GT with your racing wheel. Turn off all assists except those you use in real life. Then take that car on the Ring and drive it at everday speeds (just like you would on your way to work). Notice how unnecessarily difficult it is to keep the car under total control even at low speeds. Cars are not difficult to drive, actually quite the opposite. They are difficult to drive at the limit, but under normal circumstances it is very easy. Not so much in GT 5. When you are done with that, sit down with Forza 4 and your racing wheel. Perform the same test on the same car. The result will most likely shock you.HadOne2Many

Yeah, when I see people pretend to know more than they do it does strike a nerve. I have performed the test in my example, on multiple cars. I have hundreds of hours in both GT and Forza, and thousands in real life sports cars featured in both games. I think that makes me more qualified to weigh in on the topic than most of the people on this board. And I know all about GT academy. It is a great thing, giving those who show driving talent in the game the opportunity to drive a race car in real life. However that could be done with any sim racing game with realistic handling and real world tracks. It is an advertising program, just like the Forza Motorsport Showdown show that ran on the Speed channel a few years back. Turn 10/Microsoft also sponsors race cars and have drivers who have gone on record touting their game as a great learning tool. In fact most every driving instructor out there says sim racing is a great way to get in practice for a new track before heading to the real thing. Of course nothing replaces the real thing, but to tout GT as better just because of an advertising program is silly. Like I said I can provide actual facts and examples to show the areas GT is lacking, but no matter what I say you won't listen.

tumblr_m24ntuQZhq1rt321mo1_400.gif

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 R3FURBISHED

So it seems you are no longer forced to start from the bottom of the car list and work your way up.

http://www.gamespot.com/events/gamescom-2013/forza-5s-career-mode-is-about-exploring-cars-not-the-life-of-an-eccentric-billionaire-6413420/

Forza 5's career mode is no longer focused on starting with cheap cars and working your way up the economic ladder. Instead, it's a sort of choose-your-own-adventure novel spanning numerous styles and eras throughout the history of motorsports. You can begin in any of eight leagues, divided into categories such as exotics, vintage, and sport compact. But within those eight leagues are 42 much more specialized events. Sound confusing? We'll explain.

Take the sport compact league for example. Housed within this umbrella you'll find events such as hot hatches or rally sport. Turn 10 describes these events as mini-career modes in themselves--each spanning enough races to last roughly 90 minutes--which have been designed to let you progress all the way through with a single car. Sure, you can still mix up with different cars that fit the event restrictions, but you're no longer forced to say goodbye to a car that you've grown attached to once those more powerful models begin filling the starting grid.

Once you've completed an event, you can choose any other you'd like--there's no predefined event arc. Turn 10 wants players to be able to immerse themselves within a family of cars, then jump to whatever strikes their fancy once that event is complete. You can bounce from demanding supercars to sensible coupes right back up to hulking American muscle--the order doesn't matter. Add in Top Gear commentary spread through each event and you're not only learning how these different families of cars handle, but also hearing Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May explain the cultural significance at the same time.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Looks almost just like Forza 4. LOL even Driveclub I think looks better.

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

Turn 10 wants players to be able to immerse themselves within a family of cars, then jump to whatever strikes their fancy once that event is complete. You can bounce from demanding supercars to sensible coupes right back up to hulking American muscle--the order doesn't matter.

R3FURBISHED

well sounds like they've ruined the "career" mode, seriously how hard is it to give you a sense of progression, maybe start as privateer and then join a team or build your own. They seem to have gone in the exact opposite direction i was hoping and practically abandoned the idea that you're actually a racing driver who has to work his way up the ladder.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#90 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

__

2013-golf-r-front-2.jpg

TorqueHappens08

Good lighting in this with the way it hits that metalic paint, and very smoothe modeling, that is what can make a racing game look next gen, the smootheness of the model plays a massive roll conveying the illusion of a real car, if it's jaggy, you automatically know it's a game, and that looks, incredibly smoothe. Looking at the envirorment and car over again, i think i'm looking a real car lol, But you can use what i said as a reference.  Unless that is forza 5, then i am completely blown away.

That's a real life car. Those photos are of the new Golf R MkVII. Over 300BHP for a hot hatch. Golfs are my favorite car, and I dig this except for the wheels.Love the meanie looking headlights. Is this going to be in Forza? They just released this car yesterday I can't see it making it in time.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

__

2013-golf-r-front-2.jpg

R3FURBISHED

they seem to have forgotten to fit the actual tyre onto the rims, what is that a rubber band?!! seriously i can't imagine how bad the ride is in that!

pl4yer_f0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 pl4yer_f0und
Member since 2009 • 990 Posts

Kaz_Son

what's so bad about pre-baked lighting?
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 X_CAPCOM_X

[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"]

[QUOTE="HadOne2Many"] It already is better. Not saying GT isn't good, but Forza is better and closer to real life. I could start listing specific examples of why but even then I doubt you or Eddie-Vedder there would read it. Some people are just so stuck in the mentality that GT perfection in the driving department that they assume anything that feels different than GT is less realistic. I will leave you with this though. Get in a car you have experience driving in real life on GT with your racing wheel. Turn off all assists except those you use in real life. Then take that car on the Ring and drive it at everday speeds (just like you would on your way to work). Notice how unnecessarily difficult it is to keep the car under total control even at low speeds. Cars are not difficult to drive, actually quite the opposite. They are difficult to drive at the limit, but under normal circumstances it is very easy. Not so much in GT 5. When you are done with that, sit down with Forza 4 and your racing wheel. Perform the same test on the same car. The result will most likely shock you.HadOne2Many

Okay you are now the racing authority. I will disregard what professionals and racers prefer; you are obviously more experienced. I mean you've tested it on multiple cars!? Those GT Academy racing team winners don't compare to you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#94 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

[QUOTE="HadOne2Many"][QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"]

X_CAPCOM_X

Okay you are now the racing authority. I will disregard what professionals and racers prefer; you are obviously more experienced. I mean you've tested it on multiple cars!? Those GT Academy racing team winners don't compare to you.

LOL Zing!!
HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 HadOne2Many
Look Capcom you go right ahead and believe what you want. Keep listening to the marketing guys over at PD. Here's one small fact for you though. In GT5 you can't flat shift when using a wheel. The car stalls. In a racecar. Let that sink in.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Jesus. Derp more. 

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ferrarimanf355
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts

Am I the only one hoping for Surfer's Paradise and Long Beach? Gimme the classic CART tracks. 

Yeah, IndyCar still has an event at Long Beach, but still...

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ferrarimanf355
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts

__

2013-golf-r-front-2.jpg

R3FURBISHED
As cool as the Golf R is, I can't wait for my go-to hot hatch in Forza, the Fiat 500 Abarth.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

the Fiat 500 Abarth. ferrarimanf355

[spoiler]

159.gif

[/spoiler]

Aidenfury19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Aidenfury19
Member since 2007 • 2488 Posts

Not a bad looking game, but I can see why they showed off Prague first.