Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Fypd2Ta5M

the game that wont stop embarrassing pcars

How so when Pcars is running at twice the framerate?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR: worse graphics running at almost twice the framerate on a 780ti...DUCY?

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts
@m3dude1 said:

mega

it really does. 5 videos of pure gameplay. no cherry picked camera angles of cherry picked assets at barely playable resolutions

What you call barely playable is what driveclub runs at constantly lol. Getting 30-38 fps at 4k maxed out in sunny weather. 25-30 in rain.

I bet i could keep it over 30 constantly if I would drop some settings to high and disabled MSAA. Not bad considering it's running at 4 times the resolution of what PS4 will ever run a complex 3D game at.

Also cherry picked assets is quite funny, these assets are representative of the finished game, unlike most shots and videos out there still showing a lot of placeholder assets. Like the Nordschleife video you posted for example. That particular track is in the process of being upgraded to release level right now.

@gpuking said:

The lighting is absolutely phenomenon, easily murders Pcars.

Meh.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

this guy says the new beta is out and drive club has been downgraded

Zaire "nxtgen720p" Johnson is a lemming who thought a parody review of MLB The Show 14 was real.

@FastRobby said:

It looks downgraded a lot... Like two different games :s

Why are you using high-quality images against compressed JPGs, Robert?

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

@Ben-Buja

Weak sauce billboard trees, fake cloud, sparse environment, Pcars is mediocre in comparison.

PCars

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

It's a welcome addition to the genre, it's no GT or anything. 30 FPS is also a bit disappointing and is a crime for any racing game. Dreamcast had racers with 60fps for crying out loud. I don't see anything special going on with the A.I. which is something that racing games have really been lagging behind on forever and I've read that if you crash, they slow down so you can catch up. Graphically I would call it washed out but has good atmosphere and racing around, the low tree models..etc will just be blur mostly anyway. Despite the video's, it is easy to see that the textures are pretty blurry and the colors desaturated, I question if those textures hit 1024 judging by all the stills. But still I hope it's shortcomings turn out to be overshadowed by an overall fun game.

Frankly I'd rather see racing games use the point system as apposed to the top 3 wins crap, this allows room for better A.I. implantation but then again it's not a sim anyway which defeats the purpose for racing on tracks anyway. Non sim racers should be more like Outrun or The Crew cause usually when an arcade racer tries to play like a sim it becomes just another repetitive NFS 1,2 or 3 for example. I'm not gonna buy another wheel just to play it so I'll probably just rent it, assuming the limited cars, poor physics and questionable A.I. doesn't hinder it worse than any other.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

Why are you using high-quality images against compressed JPGs, Robert?

They're both compressed. But still a terrible comparison. Having watched some recent videos, it doesn't look downgraded.

But that better be true anyway, since graphics is what this game has going for it.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 GrenadeLauncher

@deadline-zero0 said:

They're both compressed. But still a terrible comparison. Having watched some recent videos, it doesn't look downgraded.

But that better be true anyway, since graphics is what this game has going for it.

Tried playing it? It's a solid racer.

Oh wait, I forgot, FH2 has a few more borrowed assets from FM5 and more empty fields.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ben-Buja
@gpuking said:

@Ben-Buja

Weak sauce billboard trees, fake cloud, sparse environment, Pcars is mediocre in comparison.

PCars

All i see here is that you dug around for old unflattering screenshots of Project CARS and compared them with official PR shots of driveclub lol

Also for the hundredth time, PCars has 3D trees -.-

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

Tried playing it? It's a solid racer.

Oh wait, I forgot, FH2 has a few more borrowed assets from FM5 and more empty fields.

Never said it was bad.

In fact, unlike Horzon 2's floaty physics, the cars stick to the road quite well from the footage i've seen. I like it. However, Horizon 2 is also open world, so i don't mind it as much. And those collisions in DC are................bad. Everytime i see a car hiting teh side walls they almost never lose control. I know it's not a full sim, but cmon.

Besides, i haven't seen that many features in Driveclub that people are hyping up.

50 cars, mostly european super/hyper cars, 25 tracks, with 10 of those being only point to point, no performance customization, 8 (i think) player max club, and i'm not even sure how much does visual customization allow. Are that alot of pre-sets?

So yeah, the graphics are basically what everyone is talking about, so a large scale downgrade wouldn't bold well for the game. Also, those weather effects that people are talking about are only coming after launch, am i correct?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GrenadeLauncher

@FastRobby said:

Lol solid racer, it's only there for the looks, and that also sucks

You haven't played it then, Robert.

How's it like to know your lemming friends lied to you again?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 GrenadeLauncher

@FastRobby said:

You mean playing it at Gamescom, which is 100km, from my home? Gameplay wasn't good at all, and it didn't look the same as on stage. But you'll notice this yourself in a couple of months, unless it gets delayed again

And I've played it and loved the way it blended arcade racing with serious physics. But hey, like the fox and the grapes, Robert has to convince himself that he doesn't wike it because it's a PS4 exclusive.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By m3dude1

@Ben-Buja said:
@m3dude1 said:

mega

it really does. 5 videos of pure gameplay. no cherry picked camera angles of cherry picked assets at barely playable resolutions

What you call barely playable is what driveclub runs at constantly lol. Getting 30-38 fps at 4k maxed out in sunny weather. 25-30 in rain.

I bet i could keep it over 30 constantly if I would drop some settings to high and disabled MSAA. Not bad considering it's running at 4 times the resolution of what PS4 will ever run a complex 3D game at.

Also cherry picked assets is quite funny, these assets are representative of the finished game, unlike most shots and videos out there still showing a lot of placeholder assets. Like the Nordschleife video you posted for example. That particular track is in the process of being upgraded to release level right now.

Meh.

driveclub runs at 30 fps, and will likely never drop below. also how much have you constantly spouted at 60 fps being required for racing games? now all the sudden your cool with 25 fps? and those performance numbers at 4k are probably without a single other car on the track. its also on the most expensive and fastest single gpu money can buy(720$+). i would hope a far worse looking came can run at a higher resolution on a gpu 3x+ more powerful. when looking for a pcars video to post i MADE SURE to find a build at most only a few weeks old. so dont try and act like i found some outdated ass build. the game comes out in 2 months at this point i dont know how much you expect these tracks to change. when i said cherry picked assets, i meant you find the few rare trees dotted around the landscape that are atually 3d. most of them are still 2d billboard shit. and even the 3d trees dont look nearly as good as driveclubs.

someone has to be batshit insane to think pcars beats driveclub graphically.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Ben-Buja

@m3dude1 said:

driveclub runs at 30 fps, and will likely never drop below. also how much have you constantly spouted at 60 fps being required for racing games? now all the sudden your cool with 25 fps? and those performance numbers at 4k are probably without a single other car on the track. its also on the most expensive and fastest single gpu money can buy(720$+). i would hope a far worse looking came can run at a higher resolution on a gpu 3x+ more powerful. when looking for a pcars video to post i MADE SURE to find a build at most only a few weeks old. so dont try and act like i found some outdated ass build. the game comes out in 2 months at this point i dont know how much you expect these tracks to change. when i said cherry picked assets, i meant you find the few rare trees dotted around the landscape that are atually 3d. most of them are still 2d billboard shit. and even the 3d trees dont look nearly as good as driveclubs.

someone has to be batshit insane to think pcars beats driveclub graphically.

I'm not talking about the video, I'm talking about gpukings comparison screenshots. The one with the open wheel racers in Watkins Glen doesn't even have the crowds in them. Those have been added like 1 1/2 years ago lol

The drops to 25 fps are rare. I do prefer 60 fps for playing, but I'm cool with playing at 25-40 fps at 4k for taking screenshots. These are legit playable settings, unlike many of the bullshots that are posted for consoles.

These are not small clusters of 3D trees, but they're placed all around the more finished tracks. I.e. Watkins Glen and Bathurst

As I said before Nordschleife did not get the 3D trees yet (referring to the recent video you posted) it's in the process of being updated RIGHT NOW. Even 2 week old builds are full of placeholder assets in this case.

Project CARS looks great for a sim, you'd have to be insane to think otherwise and Driveclub certainly doesn't embarass it lol

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 GrenadeLauncher

@FastRobby said:

Well you're a cow, they are giving you no games and you are happy with that

I'm getting more than you are, Robert.

Gonna be amusing when they add the TGS games to that too.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By m3dude1
Loading Video...

@Ben-Buja: i believe this is recent enough to be accurate yes? still looks a good ways below driveclub. the assets and lighting all just look very harsh/artificial. im also not a fan of the god rays this game uses, they look very offputting, reminds me of the horrible looking bf4 god rays in many of the multiplayer maps. i dont know why you keep mentioning "for a sim". i fail to see how this being a sim somehow puts a limit on the graphics. if anything, the fact that the tracks are so barren means what little is there to be rendered should be of exceptionally high quality.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Ben-Buja

@m3dude1 said:
Loading Video...

@Ben-Buja: i believe this is recent enough to be accurate yes? still looks a good ways below driveclub. the assets and lighting all just look very harsh/artificial. im also not a fan of the god rays this game uses, they look very offputting, reminds me of the horrible looking bf4 god rays in many of the multiplayer maps. i dont know why you keep mentioning "for a sim". i fail to see how this being a sim somehow puts a limit on the graphics. if anything, the fact that the tracks are so barren means what little is there to be rendered should be of exceptionally high quality.

Other than that the video quality is terrible this is pretty accurate, yes. Driveclub looks harsh/artificial at times too, just look at that sunrise screen gpuking posted for example. Looks nowhere near photorealistic.

Edit: It's also worth mentioning that real racing tracks look kinda barren as well.

Just see Oulton Park Pcars vs. Real Life for example:

Loading Video...

The complex tire model alone puts a damper on the CPU, the physics run at 600hz, it supports 64 player races and still manages to look great and run at 60 fps on PS4. That's an achievement worth mentioning

The crepuscular rays/god rays are optional btw.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 m3dude1

@Ben-Buja said:

@m3dude1 said:

Other than that the video quality is terrible this is pretty accurate, yes. Driveclub looks harsh/artificial at times too, just look at that sunrise screen gpuking posted for example. Looks nowhere near photorealistic.

The complex tire model alone puts a damper on the CPU, the physics run at 600hz, it supports 64 player races and still manages to look great and run at 60 fps on PS4. That's an achievement worth mentioning

The crepuscular rays/god rays are optional btw.

were talking about the pc version tho. the game is hugely gpu limited. huge diff in the sunset pic gpu posted and pcars

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Ben-Buja

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Ben-Buja said:

All i see here is that you dug around for old unflattering screenshots of Project CARS and compared them with official PR shots of driveclub lol

Also for the hundredth time, PCars has 3D trees -.-

Jesus Christ Benny. Tell dose PCars devs to sort the grass shader out. The flat pannel grass that moves with the camera is oldsauce son :P

Well it doesn't move with the camera at least lol

I think there are more important things to focus on right now then to improve the grass. All tracks are being polished, the physics being tweaked, the dynamic cloud tech is getting overhauled, physx is being implemented and the single player career is being finished right now.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Ben-Buja

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Ben-Buja said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Jesus Christ Benny. Tell dose PCars devs to sort the grass shader out. The flat pannel grass that moves with the camera is oldsauce son :P

Well it doesn't move with the camera at least lol

I think there are more important things to focus on right now then to improve the grass. All tracks are being polished, the physics being tweaked, the dynamic cloud tech is getting overhauled, physx is being implemented and the single player career is being finished right now.

Yep. AKA: The more important things for a racer lol.

Seriously though, it looks good enough to me lol

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@ButDuuude said:

I get invited to all the PlayStation betas, and there's no Driveclub beta. I'm also hyped for both games, Driveclub and Project Cars, and can't wait to get them both.

Is your sig the latest gameplay from Deep Down? That looks insane!

Yes, that's gameplay from Deep Down.

which_wich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 which_wich
Member since 2014 • 189 Posts

Listen to you guys. Geez we're so spoilt and entitled as gamers.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@ButDuuude said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@ButDuuude said:

I get invited to all the PlayStation betas, and there's no Driveclub beta. I'm also hyped for both games, Driveclub and Project Cars, and can't wait to get them both.

Is your sig the latest gameplay from Deep Down? That looks insane!

Yes, that's gameplay from Deep Down.

No I mean is that the latest footage or some old build?

It's old.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#86 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@m3dude1:

We're talking about the PS4 version.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@KBFloYd said:

this guy says the new beta is out and drive club has been downgraded

If true that does look very different, i'll reserve judgement completely until the game is relesased though.

On the whole Project Cars v DC debate im hyped for both games and am buying both, they both look amazing so why the petty arguing.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

u mean #driveclub and yes game looks awesome but its still a racing game

inb4 blackace meltdown

I already have Drive Club preordered. So.. what meltdown are you talking about? lol!! I also said the game looked impressive since it got delayed. I don't think it looks any better then Horizon 2 though. I'll know more once I play them both and compare them side by side.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#89 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

You mean playing it at Gamescom, which is 100km, from my home? Gameplay wasn't good at all, and it didn't look the same as on stage. But you'll notice this yourself in a couple of months, unless it gets delayed again

And I've played it and loved the way it blended arcade racing with serious physics. But hey, like the fox and the grapes, Robert has to convince himself that he doesn't wike it because it's a PS4 exclusive.

The same way you convince your dislike for Forza Horizon 2 because it's a XB1 exclusive. Give it a rest troll. Unlike your biased self I'll be playing both games.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 GrenadeLauncher

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

The same way you convince your dislike for Forza Horizon 2 because it's a XB1 exclusive. Give it a rest troll. Unlike your biased self I'll be playing both games.

I'm not interested in FH2 for the same reason I'm not interested in The Crew: after Burnout Paradise and Need for Speed: Most Wanted last gen I don't like open world racers.

Still waiting for your proof from the other topic by the way.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

I despise this game, BUT the first person view gameplay looks great! On the other hand, the third person car view is absolute trash :/