New Crysis 3 Footage Graphics King 2013

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#251 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"] [QUOTE="LookAnDrolL"] Yeah and in both games guns go PEW PEW when you shoot em Are you for real?? Have you even play Crysis? you cannnot make that jump in C2, since strength mode is abscent in nanosuit 2.0 (More like nanosuit 0.5) Also, in C2 maps are so tiny that patrolling vehicles do not exist; and even if they were there, the so called verticality, doesn't allow you to do it Try watching it again, here LookAnDrolL

Allready covered the level size several times in this thread. You can still make super jumps even if they are not connected to the strength mode anymore (you can also kick and throw enemies far if you want). There is nothing in the gameplay mechanics that's prevents you from doing what is shown in that video. You can also do some things in C2 that you can't do in C1.

Why re you making things up? You cannot do that in C2, the "strength jump" does NOT allow you to jump as high

C2 is a massive step back in gameplay, so one last time, watch that gameplay footage, there no chance you can do the things that C1 allows you to do in C2. The game is not only more linear but more restricted in many ways.

Haven't measured the jumps, but the one in 2 is def higher than what a normal human jumps. And you can certainly jump on top of a car. There are also like twelve different customization options (there are none in C1) and new moves like slide and stealth kill. The controls have been streamlined for the better so you don't need to enter a certain mode just to perform standard moves like running and jumping. The extra complexity in 1 comes from the larger levels and like I've said before I think it is a much better game overall for that reason. But the controls are better for 2 imo.
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]If I play it, it will be on a computer. Crysis 2 looks messy on consoles.seanmcloughlin

It did on PC too but Dx11 helped it a lot. Still though it can be really hazy and blurry at times on PC.

It looks a lot better if you turn off the awful temporal (blurfest) AA that Crysis 2 uses.

Put r_PostMSAA = 0 into the autoexec.cfg and use FXAA with SweetFX sharpening instead. MaldoHD textures are also essential.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#253 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Next gen is coming.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#254 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Next gen is coming.SaltyMeatballs

your sig scared the hell outta me :lol:

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#255 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Next gen is coming.SaltyMeatballs
What kind of f***ing sig is that???

N0SKILLASSIST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 N0SKILLASSIST
Member since 2012 • 92 Posts
electrocuting people in water is so inventive i havent seen that in quake 1.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]looks pretty boring... release timesplitters hd / timesplitters 4 already. Why the hell did you even buy free radical -.-R4gn4r0k

to make the MP for Crysis 2 &3 apparently :?

it was horrible...they could have probably done a better job themselves
Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Ravenshout
Member since 2012 • 1265 Posts

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Next gen is coming.mitu123

What kind of f***ing sig is that???

You always appear in graphics threads, don't you?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#260 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46182 Posts

it was horrible...they could have probably done a better job themselvescampzor

Yeah, barely anyone played it. They are also making Homefront 2. Can't be worse than the first one.

Hopefully they make another Timesplitters after that though.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts
[QUOTE="LookAnDrolL"]

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"] Allready covered the level size several times in this thread. You can still make super jumps even if they are not connected to the strength mode anymore (you can also kick and throw enemies far if you want). There is nothing in the gameplay mechanics that's prevents you from doing what is shown in that video. You can also do some things in C2 that you can't do in C1. Sushiglutton

Why re you making things up? You cannot do that in C2, the "strength jump" does NOT allow you to jump as high

C2 is a massive step back in gameplay, so one last time, watch that gameplay footage, there no chance you can do the things that C1 allows you to do in C2. The game is not only more linear but more restricted in many ways.

Haven't measured the jumps, but the one in 2 is def higher than what a normal human jumps. And you can certainly jump on top of a car. There are also like twelve different customization options (there are none in C1) and new moves like slide and stealth kill. The controls have been streamlined for the better so you don't need to enter a certain mode just to perform standard moves like running and jumping. The extra complexity in 1 comes from the larger levels and like I've said before I think it is a much better game overall for that reason. But the controls are better for 2 imo.

Personally I find the controls for the original much better, for 2 they just simplified it for console controllers. What if i want to sprint without using suit power? Can't do that i Crysis 2. What if I want to snipe and use strength mode to steady my shots? Can't do that in Crysis 2.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Haven't measured the jumps, but the one in 2 is def higher than what a normal human jumps. And you can certainly jump on top of a car. There are also like twelve different customization options (there are none in C1) and new moves like slide and stealth kill. The controls have been streamlined for the better so you don't need to enter a certain mode just to perform standard moves like running and jumping. But the controls are better for 2 imo.Sushiglutton

The jump is just barely higher. It still feels like you have a ton of extra weight attached to you for no reason. 12 different customization options, and none of them matter. Nullifies the entire point really. A scripted takedown that requires cloak, takes you out of cloak while leaving you open for attack, and alerts nearby enemies isn't stealth. You didn't need to be in speed mode to run, and you didn't need to be in strength mode to jump. They enhanced abilities that were already there, as well as adding other features like more stable and accurate aim in strength mode. Crysis 2 uses suit energy to do a regular jog and only manages to go 5 feet. Part of the fun was minimizing and maximizing your usage between the suit modes, especially in the middle of combat. Not to mention the absolutely horrid cover system, the removal of prone, and removal of lean. Controls are objectively worse.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#263 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

That's a sexy lookin alien gun :shock: