New City teased for Watch Dogs 2?

  • 92 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

I really hope it's New York or something different than this tbh. At least give us something bigger than Camden. Hell why not a city that's not in US? That would be cool aswell

Avatar image for hoosier7
#2 Posted by hoosier7 (4166 posts) -

Meh, i think London could really work for this game but they seem set on passing it up. Shame.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
#3 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

Man Ubi works fast

Avatar image for silversix_
#4 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

the real question is how empty, boring and lifeless will WD2 be? I'd imagine its lifeless/10

Avatar image for bldgirsh
#5 Posted by BldgIrsh (3044 posts) -

I can't wait to see it in the next E3.

Avatar image for wolverine4262
#6 Posted by wolverine4262 (20831 posts) -

Wish i didnt buy the first one.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#7 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@wolverine4262 said:

Wish i didnt buy the first one.

omg really omg? sorry to hear that dude. i haven't finished, i bought it day one for 37.50 and i'm satisfied.

anyway on topic: i hope the next watch dogs game is set in the american locality called 'intercourse'.

Avatar image for SuddenlyTragic
#8 Posted by SuddenlyTragic (976 posts) -

Another Watch Dogs already? I know it sold like a motherfucker but that's basically because it was one of the first really big games of the year and nothing else had come come out in months. I really have not enjoyed it though personally and am not looking forward to this becoming another franchise if it does.

Avatar image for m3dude1
#9 Posted by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

lol i can already feel hermits hope for a watch dogs patch fading away

Avatar image for lostrib
#10 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

lol i can already feel hermits hope for a watch dogs patch fading away

which has what to do with this thread?

Also, there already has been a patch

Avatar image for lostrib
#11 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@wolverine4262 said:

Wish i didnt buy the first one.

omg really omg? sorry to hear that dude. i haven't finished, i bought it day one for 37.50 and i'm satisfied.

anyway on topic: i hope the next watch dogs game is set in the american locality called 'intercourse'.

I enjoyed playing it, but the actual story was pretty weak

Avatar image for aroxx_ab
#12 Posted by aroxx_ab (13236 posts) -

Oh already 2nd one? have not finished the first game yet, only about 40% in to the mainstory, quit playing cuz boring...

Avatar image for cfisher2833
#13 Posted by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

Fuckin New Jersey. Who wants to run around in a shit hole like Jersey!? Then again, it would be fun to kill some guidos....

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (26477 posts) -

How about new gameplay?

Avatar image for 7mdma
#15 Posted by 7MDMA (315 posts) -

UbiGods bringing that quality and quantity.

Avatar image for sherman-tank1
#16 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8315 posts) -

they dont waste any time do they?

Avatar image for m3dude1
#17 Posted by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

lol i can already feel hermits hope for a watch dogs patch fading away

which has what to do with this thread?

Also, there already has been a patch

a patch that did absolutely nothing

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#19 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (23489 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

a patch that did absolutely nothing

I never got the stuttering problem to begin with. But, the patch brought some gains in framerates. I'm not complaining.

Avatar image for parkurtommo
#20 Posted by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

And it begins.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#21 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12936 posts) -

How about a game with varied side quests that are fun for once in an Ubisoft open world game?

Avatar image for lostrib
#22 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

How about a game with varied side quests that are fun for once in an Ubisoft open world game?

Spider Tank!

Avatar image for m3dude1
#23 Posted by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@m3dude1 said:

a patch that did absolutely nothing

I never got the stuttering problem to begin with. But, the patch brought some gains in framerates. I'm not complaining.

or maybe the fps is different because you have a better aa option selected in the first screenshot

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#24 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12402 posts) -

Or you could spend 4-5 years between games like Rockstar does and actually create a large and vibrant city...but that would require Ubisoft to do more than just churn out a slightly altered version of the previous game, and they don't do that.

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#25 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (23489 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@m3dude1 said:

a patch that did absolutely nothing

I never got the stuttering problem to begin with. But, the patch brought some gains in framerates. I'm not complaining.

or maybe the fps is different because you have a better aa option selected in the first screenshot

I always stuck with Temporal SMAA because MSAA and TXAA in WAtch Dogs tended to tax my PC more. But, let me check.

Avatar image for sailor232
#26 Posted by sailor232 (6862 posts) -

Everyone knew this was coming, it's no big surprise. Just how much a difference between the initial footage and the release game is where the surprise will be.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
#27 Posted by Gaming-Planet (19218 posts) -

Another game to milk, huh?

Avatar image for m3dude1
#28 Posted by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@m3dude1 said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@m3dude1 said:

a patch that did absolutely nothing

I never got the stuttering problem to begin with. But, the patch brought some gains in framerates. I'm not complaining.

or maybe the fps is different because you have a better aa option selected in the first screenshot

I always stuck with Temporal SMAA because MSAA and TXAA in WAtch Dogs tended to tax my PC more. But, let me check.

the pictures speak for themselves

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#29 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (23489 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

the pictures speak for themselves

It looks like you're right. I rerun through the same area and the image with the FPS in the 40's is consistent with 2xTXAA. That (original one) screenshot was taken last night. My cousin was at the controls and he always played Watch Dogs with TXAA. I play mine with Temporal SMAA.

I probably should have noticed earlier. But, my eyes are usually 4ft away from the screen.

2xTXAA:

Temporal SMAA:

Avatar image for m3dude1
#30 Edited by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

i know im right....more typical herm rubbish debunked. lol @ placebo patches.

Avatar image for handssss
#32 Posted by handssss (1907 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

the real question is how empty, boring and lifeless will WD2 be? I'd imagine its lifeless/10

what if it were this franchise's AC2?

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
#34 Posted by harry_james_pot (11399 posts) -

@handssss said:

@silversix_ said:

the real question is how empty, boring and lifeless will WD2 be? I'd imagine its lifeless/10

what if it were this franchise's AC2?

Not with the rate that Ubisoft is developing games with these days.

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#35 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (23489 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

i know im right....more typical herm rubbish debunked. lol @ placebo patches.

For that part indoors, sure. But, looking around further...... There are other areas where framerates used to be upper 30's that are now low 40's. Where there used to be low 40's they're now mid-40's. It's not dramatic. But, every bit helps.

Avatar image for Ballroompirate
#36 Edited by Ballroompirate (25968 posts) -

Please....have a Watch Dogs game in London...let me have it

Avatar image for m3dude1
#37 Edited by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@m3dude1 said:

i know im right....more typical herm rubbish debunked. lol @ placebo patches.

For that part indoors, sure. But, looking around further...... There are other areas where framerates used to be upper 30's that are now low 40's. Where there used to be low 40's they're now mid-40's. It's not dramatic. But, every bit helps.

provide something beyond conjecture. i hear shit like this all the time from herms. "omg latest driver made my IQ so much better and all my games perform twice as good!!!"

Avatar image for CleanPlayer
#38 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

I think London or New York or Hong Kong would be cool. I really hope they add more hacking abilities for the sequel and get a new protagonist that isn't an emo soccer dad. I think Jordi Chin could be a really cool main character, he just seemed way more funny and interesting than Aiden

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#39 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (23489 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

provide something beyond conjecture. i hear shit like this all the time from herms. "omg latest driver made my IQ so much better and all my games perform twice as good!!!"

Oh. Here:

Just so you know, I will not go lower than Temporal MSAA which is the AA setting for both screenies.

The first screenshot was also made a while back when I did my own editing of the XML file. After the mod came out, I adjusted more settings which would have bogged down my video card even more if at all.

Also, my drivers are still 337.88. I don't see the need to install 340.52 yet.

Avatar image for m3dude1
#40 Edited by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto: you do realize why thats not at all a valid comparison i hope

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#41 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (23489 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@jun_aka_pekto: you do realize why thats not at all a valid comparison i hope

One image is a few "game hours" different from the other. The shadow orientations are bound to be different along with some differences in objects onscreen. But, that's the closest I'm going to get. I've been through that area before at different times of day and different weather conditions. I've never hit 46fps before now. Generally, at the western region, my framerates were consistently in the mid-upper 30's. Now, they're hitting more in the low 40's with some higher spikes. I'd like to have a closer comparison. But, there's just no way.

Also, the Worse Mod is off on the second screenshot. The first screenshot doesn't have it. The Ubisoft patch files have the same name as the mod files. Their date is from a few hours ago. I prefixed the mod files with xxx if I wanted them off because I liked the default look. The mod files are still there with the xxx prefix.

Avatar image for m3dude1
#42 Posted by m3dude1 (2274 posts) -

u specifically mentioned different config files for each shot

Avatar image for iwasgood2u
#43 Edited by iwasgood2u (831 posts) -

I'd say go with hong kong or china. Bunch of damn hackers over there

Avatar image for Sollet
#44 Posted by Sollet (8075 posts) -

I have had this game on my shelf for months... I really need to get around and play it... I just can't be arsed XD

Avatar image for wis3boi
#45 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

Meh, i think London could really work for this game but they seem set on passing it up. Shame.

thats what I was thinking, london is already basically a surveillance state, cameras freakin everywhere. And hints in W_D alreayd that CTOs is going global.

Avatar image for system-reboot
#46 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (658 posts) -

So watch dog sequel?? sooner it will become annual franchise (most likely)? didnot see that coming.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
#47 Posted by jg4xchamp (61470 posts) -

Joy, a new city to play a by the numbers Ubisoft open world game. Maximum excitement.

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#48 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (23489 posts) -
@m3dude1 said:

u specifically mentioned different config files for each shot

The modded .xml file was overwritten by the patch. The editing I did with the latest .xml file should very similar to the pre-mod and pre-patch one. I also did my best to get very similar time of day. But, the latest screenshot has a van (same no. of people at 14). Even with the added object, the framerate difference is more pronounced this time.

It's way past bedtime for me. So, this will have to be it.

Avatar image for CyberLips
#49 Posted by CyberLips (1826 posts) -

I will just buy the Anniversary Edition in 2020.

Avatar image for dommeus
#50 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -
@wolverine4262 said:

Wish i didnt buy the first one.