BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17763 Posts

Oh my... This is the kind of shit I have been waiting for since they first teased us with PhysX and PPU.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26641 Posts

Wow, that looks amazing.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17637 Posts

Now THIS is what I'm thinking of in terms of a new Mechwarrior.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9839 Posts

Perfect for Crackdown 4 ...

No, but that looks real cool. Hoping for much more physics stuff next gen!

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Hopefully next gen finally delivers on the promise of Fully Destructible Environments.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69083 Posts

Destructible environments are overrated.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15541 Posts

It looks great but it's a tech demo. When's the last time a tech demo, especially physics based, actually made it to a game without being gutted to shreds?

I won't hold my breath on anything looking like this for another generation or two.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7201 Posts

Okay Nordic, time to make a new Red Faction.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61423 Posts

If it can perform anywhere close to that, then it does look amazing.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55897 Posts

Hot damn! That look good! This is what was supposed to be in Crackdown 3 and if MS ever were to do another Crackdown game, they better be using that Unreal Engine.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55897 Posts

@Pedro said:

Come on now Pedro, it's not everyday you see a Destructible Environments in every games but this tech demo could work in wonders if giving the chance.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

damn that looks nice but destruction in video games i feel is never fully utilized. I feel like devs don't want to put in the time for that shit or we would have more games by now with similar destruction to the battlefield series.....

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@ahmedkhan1994 said:

damn that looks nice but destruction in video games i feel is never fully utilized. I feel like devs don't want to put in the time for that shit or we would have more games by now with similar destruction to the battlefield series.....

Kinda.

It's probably uber tedious say a game like TLOU where you can break the house down almost piece by piece to create a dynamic environment with AI smart enough to traverse any instance of that rubble that doesn't look awkward. Now it's gonna be also hard to render that if it's a city unless we do ps3 graphics/resolutions.

Some of these are good for backdrop I suppose and maybe some areas like dropping rubble to damage enemies but not like you can't do this already.

I think the video is a poor showing of the physics dynamic nature as a lot I saw could probably be done in current gen in real time limited instances.

Yeah, it doesn't seem "fully realized" in that vid. Need to see more.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Maybe Crackdown 3 will get a patch with these type of physics

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BassMan
@daredevils2k said:

Maybe Crackdown 3 will get a patch with these type of physics

They need to just let the Crackdown series die. It was never good. They tried to save face with Crackdown 3, but they should have just cut their losses and canceled it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Really cool shame it's brought by Konami's drunk uncle Tencent I mean Epic spyware.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BassMan

@rzxv04 said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

Kinda.

It's probably uber tedious say a game like TLOU where you can break the house down almost piece by piece to create a dynamic environment with AI smart enough to traverse any instance of that rubble that doesn't look awkward. Now it's gonna be also hard to render that if it's a city unless we do ps3 graphics/resolutions.

Some of these are good for backdrop I suppose and maybe some areas like dropping rubble to damage enemies but not like you can't do this already.

I think the video is a poor showing of the physics dynamic nature as a lot I saw could probably be done in current gen in real time limited instances.

Come on, you weren't impressed by the indestructible ATMs? If they can take blasts like that, any physical damage from a thief is not going do anything. Gonna have to hack those mofos. hehe ;)

But yeah... It is more of a quick project to showcase the potential. Chaos is rolling out with the 4.23 update soon for those interested in trying it. I am certainly excited for the possibilities.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

Ah, so this is what crackdown 3 got sacrificed for. Great! Now destruction can be implemented in most next generation games. Ryzen CPU's with some NAVI acceleration should be capable, even if not on this kind of scale of rendering.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

CPU's are melting all over the world.

SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts

@davillain- said:

Hot damn! That look good! This is what was supposed to be in Crackdown 3 and if MS ever were to do another Crackdown game, they better be using that Unreal Engine.

Crackdown 3 was already using UE4, so they'd just need to update to the newest branch.

SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts

@BassMan said:
@rzxv04 said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

Kinda.

Chaos is rolling out with the next official engine update next week for those interested in trying it. I am certainly excited for the possibilities.

The next version is 4.22, Chaos comes in 4.23, so it's still a little while longer until we can play with it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69083 Posts

@davillain-: Work wonders? In what way? I have yet to see any meaningful implementation of destruction in games. All if not most are superficial visual additions.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BassMan

@SchnabbleTab said:
@BassMan said:
@rzxv04 said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

Kinda.

Chaos is rolling out with the next official engine update next week for those interested in trying it. I am certainly excited for the possibilities.

The next version is 4.22, Chaos comes in 4.23, so it's still a little while longer until we can play with it.

Damn, a little mix up with the excitement on my part. I was excited to try it next week, but I can wait. I will update the other post.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11780 Posts

@davillain- said:

Forget Crackdown 3, I wished the upcoming Mechwarrior Mercenaries 5 used this version UE4, this level of destruction is perfect for Mechwarrior.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127491 Posts

So... Something we will see in 5-10 years from now?

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Wow... nice... not bad at all really.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@BassMan said:
@rzxv04 said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

Kinda.

Come on, you weren't impressed by the indestructible ATMs? If they can take blasts like that, any physical damage from a thief is not going do anything. Gonna have to hack those mofos. hehe ;)

But yeah... It is more of a quick project to showcase the potential. Chaos is rolling out with the 4.23 update soon for those interested in trying it. I am certainly excited for the possibilities.

Now that was impressive lol.

I'm missing the context of what's this showcasing. Great news if it runs very smooth for a current gen AAA game but if it's for next gen, they can probably showcase something even better.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Looks neat. Cant wait for a building to be held up by a toilet cause the physics weren't programed right.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

This is what crackdown 3 shoulda been wow

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2919 Posts

This looks brilliant. Now we have even more good excuses to blow up stuff. :)

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#32 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Cute! Cool! I like it ^__^

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

That looks pretty slick. If they make good use of it like Battlefield has, without overdoing it to the point it's a gimmick, this will be really awesome. Lots of Unreal-powered games out there.

Bonus points for using Robo Recall as the demo; VR would be siiiiiiiiiiick with that kind of destruction.

@foxhound_fox said:

'bout time we put all those cores to good use.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45991 Posts

Cool stuff, hope to see a lot more of this next gen.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26641 Posts
@Pedro said:

Only when it's superficial. Destructible environments in games like Battlefield make you change the way you play. If you are hiding in buildings and sniping from windows, and you lose those buildings to destruction, you have to take a different approach or move to a different area. Destructible environments create dynamic gameplay if done correctly.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I am ready if games will utilize more cores. lol