New Blizzard CGI, once again is amazing.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

Apparently from a new commercial.

http://video.thatvideogameblog.com/2010/06/10/starcraft-ii-trailer/

about half of it is new, half is old CG.

you can see [spoiler] Kerrigan before she becomes infested [/spoiler]

its obviously pretty nice.

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
Looks cool. I only hope I can whack Arcturus in the face during the campaign.
MellowMighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 MellowMighty
Member since 2008 • 691 Posts

Once again, that CGI is just amazing, I hope there's cutscenes with that quality of CGI. That's like stuff you would see in a movie (maybe a movie a few years ago)

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
Yea thier CGI is always amazing, just never represents the game only its plot. would make you wonder what the warcraft and starcraft universe would actually be like if they tried the mature approach thier cgi takes? would it be better or worse....
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts

Am i the only one who could care less about cgi cutscenes? I much rather have ingame cutscenes well done. CGI is done to death, breaks the illusion of the game, and costs a lot of money to produce.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Birdy09

Am i the only one who could care less about cgi cutscenes? I much rather have ingame cutscenes well done. CGI is done to death, breaks the illusion of the game, and costs a lot of money to produce.

edo-tensei
I agree, but tbh Blizzard games would look crap without CGI .... I gotta laugh at "Wrath Gate, Ulduar and Icecrown", they have the music and the voice acting down very well ... but the cutscenes themselves... ugh. even then they are graphically enhanced beyond what the game actually looks like (texture wise) >.
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 edo-tensei
[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="edo-tensei"]

I agree, but tbh Blizzard games would look crap without CGI .... I gotta laugh at "Wrath Gate, Ulduar and Icecrown", they have the music and the voice acting down very well ... but the cutscenes themselves... ugh. even then they are graphically enhanced beyond what the game actually looks like (texture wise) >.

Yeah true, the weren't created with the idea of cinematic around them it's true. (their games i mean)
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

Once again, that CGI is just amazing, I hope there's cutscenes with that quality of CGI. That's like stuff you would see in a movie (maybe a movie a few years ago)

MellowMighty

Don't worry, Blizzard's CGIs always deliver

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
[QUOTE="edo-tensei"]

Birdy09

Yeah I'd rather they just use CGI for the more important scenes......WoW's cutscenes are laughable. I remember watching the way [spoiler] Arthas died and his facial expressions looked so cheesy. [/spoiler]
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

Thats compilation of already known CGIs with exception that one of them we only since on paper in one of the blizzcons ^^

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Ugh ok i still want this game so badly because i haven't played RTS for very long even though i know it won't surpass another dive into COH which will even be released for free very soon...

Argh blizzard why... Lan... 2.0 facebook, no chat/titles... why blizzard, why?!

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 edo-tensei

I liked their old CGIs better. The ones in diablo 2 had excellent cinematic feel to them and the were darker. Most CGIs nowdays are kind of very bright:P

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Great as always but I'm anticipating D3 more, I've never been a fan of massing units since WC3.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Ha what a terrible accent to choose for the announcer guy at the end. Macintosh sounds funny.
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15594 Posts

Disappointed, when I saw the thread title I was hoping for a full length CGI trailer, but this is just a tv spot.

Oh well it'll do for now.

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

Outstanding. Blizzard CGI are just a piece of art... I don't know if any other company can match them in this aspect, not that I know that many, but the only one that comes to my mind is Bioware.
Sometimes I go to youtube just to see that old CGI they made for Starcraft Ghost. Speaking of witch, that a game I would like to see.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

There'll be ingame cutscenes as well, like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRgSZZDcSGQ&feature=fvst Obviously they are not as amazing as the CGI, but it looks very good for a RTS engine.

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts

edo-tensei

I agree, but this is an RTS game, there isin't much illusion to be broken. The game is going to use a combo of CGI and in engine cutscenes to tell the story.

In FPS/TPS and RPG i agree that CGI breaks the immersion, and its far more enjoyable to see everything in real-time (not pre-rendered in-engine custscenes either) as it shows more talent from the developer imo instead of being lazy and out sourcing to a CGI company or being cheap and using movie files for cutscenes that often look so compressed they are worse than the real-time gameplay.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

I believe this is going to be the commercial that airs during the second quarter of the NBA finals game tonight.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"]

Birdy09

I agree, but tbh Blizzard games would look crap without CGI .... I gotta laugh at "Wrath Gate, Ulduar and Icecrown",they have the music and the voice acting down very well ... but the cutscenes themselves... ugh. even then they are graphically enhanced beyond what the game actually looks like (texture wise) >.

Yeah I am kindashocked that they let the cutscenes look that bad. The Fall of the Lich at the very least deservedsome high-quality CGI.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#21 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

edo-tensei

CGI is awsome, even if it is often served in brevity. ANd it often builds immense hype, and does it well. Just look at the TOR trailer.

Maraos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Maraos
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts
With their new mmo, starcraft 2 and diablo 3, WoW has sort of taken the lets get every last drop out of this we can while putting in as little as we can route.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

Man, that was fantastic, that was a really long wait, and only for this game i'm gonna get a new video card, this it's going to be IMO GOTY for PC easily.

Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
Blizzard is the best in the business at CGI imo. The trailer to WoW: WoTLK was epic, despite what you felt about the game. Hopefully we get to see a Diablo 3 trailer at Blizzcon this year.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Wow Blizzard, you guys outdo yourselves.

toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
Yea thier CGI is always amazing, just never represents the game only its plot. would make you wonder what the warcraft and starcraft universe would actually be like if they tried the mature approach thier cgi takes? would it be better or worse....Birdy09
It would be worse, they focus on game play. The CGI team at Blizzard in some cases cross over to the game art team.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts

edo-tensei
I've watched the CGI cutscenes in Blizzard games dozens of times. They're half the reason I play their games. Their cutscenes illustrate the plot in a vastly more interesting way. Just look at the Wrathgate cutscene for WoW and compare it to the Wrath of the Lich King trailer where the Lich King raises Sapphiron. One is incredible, the other one, lame. The CGI is just more interesting to watch. Sorry....
Valiant_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Valiant_Rebel
Member since 2009 • 4197 Posts

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty. Out in theatres July 27---wait a minute....

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts

Valiant_Rebel
Oh no, non-interactive entertainment clogging my videogame tubes, what do I do.
Valiant_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Valiant_Rebel
Member since 2009 • 4197 Posts

[QUOTE="Valiant_Rebel"]

Brownesque

Oh no, non-interactive entertainment clogging my videogame tubes, what do I do.

Run for the hills. That's all we can do.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Birdy09
[QUOTE="Birdy09"]Yea thier CGI is always amazing, just never represents the game only its plot. would make you wonder what the warcraft and starcraft universe would actually be like if they tried the mature approach thier cgi takes? would it be better or worse....toxicmog
It would be worse, they focus on game play. The CGI team at Blizzard in some cases cross over to the game art team.

Theyre a big and very very wealthy company, no doubt the real reason is to appeal to a larger variety of hardware, having mature graphics and theme (like Diablo 2 had) in modern time would easily worth for both series, though it would be a risk. Wouldnt effect gameplay at all, Blizzard gets away with all kinds of crap, delaying Starcraft 2 a game that could of been done in 2004-2005, everyone laps up the "quality control" excuse, when lets face it, Starcraft 2's release is timed in with the fact that World of Warcraft is now in decline. Dont be fooled, they have more than enough resources to focus on all areas, not just gameplay.