Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#101 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:
@cainetao11 said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

I'm watching the Playthrough without comments instead of buying it. For a straight through game like this, it's pretty much the same thing.

? Taking the interactive out of the interactive medium in no way is the same thing as interacting or PLAYING a game.

For such a linear game, is to me..what do you care?

I don't have to in order to comment on an open forum

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 cainetao11

@R4gn4r0k said:

@cainetao11: Yeah I also told charizard on several occasions a game can't be exclusive when it's on multiple platforms.

Persona 5 : Two platforms : Multiple platforms : Multiplat

Zelda BOTTW : Two platforms : Multiple platforms : Multiplat

The word exclusive loses all meaning when we start calling multiplats exclusives.

And obviously like my comments at the time, they were brushed aside. Read the P5 thread dude. Persona fans were defending its so called exclusivity. So I went with, "when in Rome". This is how SW works now. A big Persona fan and Zelda fan gets to call games exclusive and rule3d as a mod that for SW purposes they are. When in Rome............I don't make the rules in the zoo, I just post here.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#103 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

I'm watching the Playthrough without comments instead of buying it. For a straight through game like this, it's pretty much the same thing.

No it isn't. Thats like saying you can 1CC Mushi Futari or Ketsui 2nd loop just because you watched a video.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

And obviously like my comments at the time, they were brushed aside. Read the P5 thread dude. Persona fans were defending its so called exclusivity. So I went with, "when in Rome". This is how SW works now. A big Persona fan and Zelda fan gets to call games exclusive and rule3d as a mod that for SW purposes they are. When in Rome............I don't make the rules in the zoo, I just post here.

But you can have discussions on this board and if people don't agree well then so be it. No need to adjust your own thoughts just because a majority don't like them at the time.

I'm not gonna go:

Street Fighter II is on a bazillion platforms, but just because it excludes Gameboy Color I'm going to call it an exclusive. Nah

I'm not going to let publishers and developers off the hook so easily. They want to call a game exclusive, they better have it exclusive to one platform.

And as long as a game is on multiple platforms, it's a multiplat.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 cainetao11

@R4gn4r0k: Understood. I don't take this place so seriously. I was in an argument in that P5 thread with a person and they said to me there never has been a traditional definition of exclusive as being on only one platform. I figured ok, ask another long time poster. So I asked Wasdie and he ripped into me, said things have changed and he's not going to be on my side.

Well I figured ok, this is SW now. Everyone is defensive to the point they won't even answer a question truthfully.

So I don't care anymore either. By definition of the term exclusive, it doesn't have to be on only one platform. Blame it on websters and charizard

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 R4gn4r0k

@cainetao11 said:

@R4gn4r0k: Understood. I don't take this place so seriously. I was in an argument in that P5 thread with a person and they said to me there never has been a traditional definition of exclusive as being on only one platform. I figured ok, ask another long time poster. So I asked Wasdie and he ripped into me, said things have changed and he's not going to be on my side.

Well I figured ok, this is SW now. Everyone is defensive to the point they won't even answer a question truthfully.

So I don't care anymore either. By definition of the term exclusive, it doesn't have to be on only one platform. Blame it on websters and charizard

But I'm a long time user and you never asked me :O ??

Really, people that just switch definitions whenever it suits them are the worst kind of people to give out definitions.

I mean everyone can make a mistake. I've surely called games multiplats or exclusive in the past and been wrong;

Or hey a game can be exclusive at first and later appear on multiple platforms.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 cainetao11

@R4gn4r0k: Understood. I don't know the reasoning for not asking for your input back then. I saw Wasdie had recently posted so figured, he's been here longer than me. He had a bitch fit, nobody's perfect.

What I do know is, persona excludes pc, x1 and switch. Cuphead excludes ps4 and switch. To my understanding of English, that makes them exclusive to the platforms they include.

As you said above i can have a discussion on this board and people don't agree so be it.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#108  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@cainetao11: Well according to your definition, there are a ton of exclusives out there. Even CoD is exclusive since it's excluded from the Switch lol. I'm not crying anything, and not sure what the rest of that comment is about. Just saying it's a funny way of defining an exclusive, when talking about gaming.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By cainetao11

@joshrmeyer: Get no argument from me. Life is funny why can't this part be?

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: "Really, people that just switch definitions whenever it suits them are the worst kind of people to give out definitions."

Exactly. Gens and gens of having a definition and suddenly it has to change because it makes a group of fanboys butthurt. Pathetic and shows a complete lack of honesty and cowardice. They can't have arguments in favor of their console without first writing a dictionary tailored to their butthurt feelings.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 JoshRMeyer

@cainetao11: Argument? Of what? Are you taking about persona 5 not being a PlayStation exclusive? All I'm saying if you copy and pasted a definition of "exclusive" that really doesn't have anything to do with video gaming. In video game terms, exclusive is normal used as "exclusive to", not "excluded from". It's an odd way of saying exclusive, as there is already enough confusion over that word, thanks to MS's PR campaign.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 JoshRMeyer

@pinkanimal: Lol, I'm laughing at how dumb it was to post the definition of exclusive. Here's a good one from dictionary.com:

"6. charging comparatively high prices; expensive"

Guess Xbox One X is exclusive.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 cainetao11

@joshrmeyer: I don't know how this is in response to my last response to you.

I don't care what is generally considered the definition. Mods who write and make the SW rules altered the definition months ago after I questioned calling persona 5 an exclusive in It's hype thread. It's on two different platforms. I was told things have changed. Well then I can change too. Who really fvckin cares? They're video games.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 PinkAnimal

@joshrmeyer: it is as easy as using language correctly. People can say console exclusive or Sony exclusive for example. But suddenly substituting all those categories for a generic exclusive makes the term basically meaningless, you could almost categorize all games as multiplat and exclusive with that definition so it's a useless decision.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 JoshRMeyer

@cainetao11: It's not a PS4 exclusive, but is a PlayStation exclusive. It's like saying the new Zelda isn't a Nintendo exclusive... It's Zelda!!! Of course it is. Like I said, exclusives meaning has been twisted so much lately. I think it's kinda obvious what an exclusive is and isn't. I guess saying console exclusive is probably the right way to say it now that most games on Xbox are going to PC. I do like my "true" exclusives that are built for one single bit of hardware like Horizon ZD(well built for Pro also). They seem to look and perform the best.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 cainetao11

@joshrmeyer: And I remember when we were told over 10 years ago this isn't company wars, it's system wars. PS3 and PS4 are two different systems. My point has always been the definition changes to fit whomever whenever. That being the case, I'll stick with the basic English language definition and application of the term exclusive.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 JoshRMeyer

@cainetao11: So going by that, what exclusives are on Xbox One? I'm really curious going by your definition.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By cainetao11

@joshrmeyer: I'm at school dude. This really isn't that important. How about Halo5, MCC, Rare Replay, Cuphead, Ori, FH2,3, F 5,6,7, Gears 4, Recore, QB, Crimson Dragon, D4, sunset overdrive. Happy?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 JoshRMeyer

A bunch of those games are on another "system" aka PC... I know it's not important. I just can't get a straight answer from some people on what an exclusive is. If it's on PS3 and PS4 it's NOT an exclusive. If it's on PS4 and PC it's NOT an exclusive. If it's on Xbox One and PC it IS an exclusive. I don't get it. Cuphead doesn't even need to be bought on the Windows store, so you can't say it's an MS game. Study hard man. You don't have to respond to these threads right away lol. School first.

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@joshrmeyer: I'm at school dude. This really isn't that important. How about Halo5, MCC, Rare Replay, Cuphead, Ori, FH2,3, F 5,6,7, Gears 4, Recore, QB, Crimson Dragon, D4, sunset overdrive. Happy?

Dude just stop.... you make lems look bad.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By cainetao11

@walloftruth said:
@cainetao11 said:

LOL like I give a crap? Make me stop

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 WallofTruth

@cainetao11 said:
@walloftruth said:
@cainetao11 said:

LOL like I give a crap? Make me stop

Loading Video...

Is that good enough? Otherwise I have even more cancerous memes.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By cainetao11

@walloftruth: not even close to your best work. keep 'em coming

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 WallofTruth

@cainetao11 said:

@walloftruth: not even close to your best work. keep 'em coming

For what it's worth, I do agree with you, fanboys just change the rules to whatever they want and when you do it against them then THEY have the nerve to call you out for it.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#125 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Deserve it cuphead its excellent game congrats

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 R4gn4r0k

@cainetao11 said:

@R4gn4r0k: Understood. I don't know the reasoning for not asking for your input back then. I saw Wasdie had recently posted so figured, he's been here longer than me. He had a bitch fit, nobody's perfect.

What I do know is, persona excludes pc, x1 and switch. Cuphead excludes ps4 and switch. To my understanding of English, that makes them exclusive to the platforms they include.

As you said above i can have a discussion on this board and people don't agree so be it.

Well I believe it's actually fine to say: Well cuphead is NOT on PS4

Or to hold cuphead over the head of PS4 owners. Because they have to get either a PC or an Xbone to play that game.

But see: You can't say: Cuphead is exclusive to Xbone, because I could reply: But I don't have to get an Xbone for this game, as I can play it on PC. Or vice versa.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 PinkAnimal

@cainetao11: "I'll stick with the basic English language definition"

If you go by that I guess you would do the same for the term multiplatform, in which case most games are multiplatform AND exclusive at the same time which is pretty idiotic even by lemming standards.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 cainetao11

@R4gn4r0k said:
@cainetao11 said:

Well I believe it's actually fine to say: Well cuphead is NOT on PS4

Or to hold cuphead over the head of PS4 owners. Because they have to get either a PC or an Xbone to play that game.

But see: You can't say: Cuphead is exclusive to Xbone, because I could reply: But I don't have to get an Xbone for this game, as I can play it on PC. Or vice versa.

No I would say: Cuphead is exclusive to PC and X1, which it is.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By cainetao11

@pinkanimal said:

@cainetao11: "I'll stick with the basic English language definition"

If you go by that I guess you would do the same for the term multiplatform, in which case most games are multiplatform AND exclusive at the same time which is pretty idiotic even by lemming standards.

I guess you just love me. Thanks.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

My man #cainetao11 showing how hypocrisy works here in SW. No platform exclusives unless it's on a Nintendo or Sony product.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Pretty sure Gamespot mods have already defined exclusive as not on the other consoles.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#132  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

In the context of System Wars, "exclusive" usually means exclusive to a particular company's system(s). When people say, for example, Zelda or Persona are "exclusive", what they mean is that they're exclusive to Nintendo or Sony systems.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Really? this is the thing y'all are getting your panties in a twist about

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 cainetao11

@kuu2: Thank you brethren. Sure is a different tale where they are concerned. None of this matters. Zero, zilch, nada. If I define exclusive as only retail physical copies that have a human hair in the game package with the disc it still doesn't matter. None of this effects the enjoyment of a video game. If it does for someone well lmao.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@drlostrib: Agreed but we aren't the ones splitting hairs here on what's considered an exclusive. Just pointing out the hypocrisy. Windows 10 is a Microsoft platform. Xbox is a Microsoft platform.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By PinkAnimal

@kuu2 said:

My man #cainetao11 showing how hypocrisy works here in SW. No platform exclusives unless it's on a Nintendo or Sony product.

Platform exclusive? What is a platform for you? Xbox and Windows are not the same platform, they are different ones. If anything you could call it MS platforms exclusives I guess. But even there it would be inaccurate in this case because Cuphead is or will release on Mac and Linux so it isn't even exclusive to MS platforms.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 R4gn4r0k

@sts106mat said:

Yeah, why do they argue about this term? the games media and industry uses it all the time.

probably a hangover from the old metagame, that most of the complainers didn't participate in, at least with their current accounts....LOL

On topic, the game is ball breaking hard, but somehow doesn't become a pad breaker. wonder if its because its a cartoon style, after all who gets angry at cartoons?

I still haven't got off the first island, am too busy enjoying shadow of war at the moment to play anything else.

I don't really care what the companies use

Everything was exclusive at Microsofts past E3 conference ... yet nothing was.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#140 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

I own it for the one and one of the best if not frustrating games I've ever played. Every defeat just feels fair like well I didn't exactly jump right, or well I didn't shoot that guy. (Sorry for those in this situation. Please seek help if you do.) It's like being in a an abusive relationship and thinking well it was my fault and I can do better. But dear god when you beat a boss is it satisfying.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

So the 'not on PS4' cuphead actually sold 400-450,000 in the console market?

That is simply piss poor considering there's just over 30 million Xbox One's in the world...

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

As a PS4 and Switch gamer without an Xbox One or an adequate gaming PC, this has become the Xbox game I most covet. Good to see that it's selling well, and that the devs hard work is paying off for them.

Same.

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#143 Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

That is good news. The game looks awesome. I will buy in the near future after I get through some of my backlog.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@cainetao11: Yeah I also told charizard on several occasions a game can't be exclusive when it's on multiple platforms.

Persona 5 : Two platforms : Multiple platforms : Multiplat

Zelda BOTTW : Two platforms : Multiple platforms : Multiplat

The word exclusive loses all meaning when we start calling multiplats exclusives.

Both of the above games are exclusive to Sony and Nintendo's respective platforms. That is a Fact. Just as some games are exclusive to MS platforms.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 R4gn4r0k

@EG101 said:

Both of the above games are exclusive to Sony and Nintendo's respective platforms. That is a Fact. Just as some games are exclusive to MS platforms.

Platforms (notice the 's') = multiple

= multiplat

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I love how the oldschool difficulty is every bit as thematic as the vintage art style. PS4 only gamers can eff themselves for missing this gem every bit as much as non-ps4 owners could get bent for not having played Ni-Oh yet.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#147 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@EG101 said:

= multiplat

In other words, multiplat exclusives.

The "multiplat" and "exclusive" labels are not mutually exclusive.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By PinkAnimal

@Jag85 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@EG101 said:

= multiplat

In other words, multiplat exclusives.

The "multiplat" and "exclusive" labels are not mutually exclusive.

Depends if it's more multiplat than exclusive it is a multiplat exclusive but if it's more exclusive than multiplat it is an exclusive multiplat. But if it is a multiplat exclusive but also multiplat in platforms of the same company then it is a multiplat exlcusive multiplat, likewise it can be an exclusive multiplat multiplat or, in the complementary case a multiplat exclusive exclusive or an exclusive multiplat exclusive. There are also the launch exclusive which basically are the past combinations but with the word launch before the word exclusive that corresponds on every case, for example, multiplat launch exclusive exclusive. Be aware not to use launch before the second exclusive because if not it is very confusing. I hope that clarifies it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@cainetao11 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Thank you TC, for not calling it an exclusive :)

Even though the game does in fact EXCLUDE certain platforms and therefore by definition of the word exclusive, it is exclusive. That word doesn't just mean only one.

Since you seem to be confused:

- Exclusive: a game on only one platform

- Multiplat: a game on multiple platforms

Since multiple means more than one I have absolutely no clue how a game can be BOTH a multiplat and an exclusive.

If you make up your own definition for words, that is fine by me, but it doesn't change the meaning of the words for real.

Ugh, this is stupid. How hard it is to say Cuphead is console exclusive?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 R4gn4r0k

@davillain- said:

Ugh, this is stupid. How hard it is to say Cuphead is console exclusive?

It's not exclusive to consoles, so to say that would be wrong :/

It's not an xbox exclusive neither, so to say that would be wrong too :/

So yeah, I'm sticking with multiplat.

PC & Xbox = multiple platforms = multiplat

Why do we need to stretch the meaning of another word, when we have a perfectly fine word already. That word is 'multiplat' ;)