Netflix Will Have An E3 Panel: Netflix Originals Becoming Games

#1 Edited by XVision84 (15991 posts) -

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1128046526293397504

Sounds awesome. Could they help create games along the same vein as Marvel with Spiderman?

I've got an idea. I think they should turn their upcoming Netflix Original The Witcher into a game. Call me crazy, but I think it can work. Make it open world and add a catchy title (maybe "Assassin of Kings" or "Wild Hunt"?). Netflix, I'm always open for a job offer ;).

#3 Edited by XVision84 (15991 posts) -

Get out of my thread filthy bot. Out!🤬

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#4 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3133 posts) -

It will probably just be a continuation of the interactive titles they already provide. My 4 year old gets a kick out of them.

#5 Edited by XVision84 (15991 posts) -

@goldenelementxl: But why have an E3 panel just for that? And mention Originals having game spin offs?

#6 Posted by AdobeArtist (25156 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

Sounds awesome. Could they help create games along the same vein as Marvel with Spiderman?

I've got an idea. I think they should turn their upcoming Netflix Original The Witcher into a game. Call me crazy, but I think it can work. Make it open world and add a catchy title (maybe "Assassin of Kings" or "Wild Hunt"?). Netflix, I'm always open for a job offer ;).

It makes me ask, while Witcher adaptations in other mediums like film, comics, and TV would be seen under different venues... does CD Projekt Red holds the game publishing rights to the Witcher property, exclusively ? As the arrangement of their purchase from the author?

But either way, I'll still call you crazy. :P

#7 Posted by watercrack445 (1549 posts) -

Can't wait for these new Netflix "games".

#8 Posted by robert_sparkes (3015 posts) -

Bandersnatch is the only I've watched and it didn't matter what choice you made as you could change it anyway. I don't think they work.

#9 Posted by Ant_17 (12420 posts) -

Neat. Will wait for the HBO E3 event tho.

#10 Posted by XVision84 (15991 posts) -
@Ant_17 said:

Neat. Will wait for the HBO E3 event tho.

I'm still hoping for a Game of Thrones game. It would be amazing, make it happen HBO (or George RR Martin)!

#11 Posted by Mandzilla (4084 posts) -

So we will in fact have some movie games at E3 after all, excellent. :)

#12 Posted by Shewgenja (21434 posts) -

A Stranger Things game could be good!

#13 Posted by JustPlainLucas (79311 posts) -

Considering the success rate of licensed video games, I'm not really excited for anything coming out from this. If they make great games, awesome, but it's a wait and see for me.

#14 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2370 posts) -

Please be The Dragon Prince. Or Castlevania.

#15 Posted by SaltSlasher (1073 posts) -

@Shewgenja: I was gonna say the same thing, original content like Stranger Things needs to have its own game. So makes total sense for Netflix to get into game making, even if its just story based.

#16 Posted by Archangel3371 (27912 posts) -

Curious to see what they show. I’d definitely be interested in a Stranger Things game.

#17 Posted by Zero_epyon (13214 posts) -
@Shewgenja said:

A Stranger Things game could be good!

#18 Posted by NoodleFighter (10244 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:
@XVision84 said:

It makes me ask, while Witcher adaptations in other mediums like film, comics, and TV would be seen under different venues... does CD Projekt Red holds the game publishing rights to the Witcher property, exclusively ? As the arrangement of their purchase from the author?

But either way, I'll still call you crazy. :P

Yes CD Projekt does, The Witcher's author greatly underestimated his own work and basically sold the license to them with no royalty fees for cheap. Now that The Witcher is popular thanks to CD Projekt the author is all butthurt that they won't give him anymore money even though he is the one that turned down the offer of royalties from CD Projekt when making the deal.

#19 Posted by XVision84 (15991 posts) -

@mandzilla: Why settle for a movie or a game when you can have a movie AND a game?

And people say Sony doesn't innovate 😌 the future is already here.

#20 Posted by XVision84 (15991 posts) -

@NoodleFighter: They actually came to a settlement with him a few months ago, although it wasn't publicly disposed how much they agreed on paying him.

#21 Posted by lundy86_4 (53141 posts) -
@XVision84 said:

@NoodleFighter: They actually came to a settlement with him a few months ago, although it wasn't publicly disposed how much they agreed on paying him.

It was also a good-will gesture. The dude fucked up and sold ridiculously low, and CD Projekt gave him a bone.

#22 Posted by Mandzilla (4084 posts) -

@XVision84: Woah... I never considered that, sounds like hefty multitasking though. How do you concentrate on both at once? :O

#23 Posted by XVision84 (15991 posts) -

@mandzilla: Cows are hyper intelligent and capable of handling the multitasking. If you want proof, look no further than the cows on this very forum. It brings tears to my eyes knowing humanity's future is in such good hands.

#24 Posted by Mandzilla (4084 posts) -

@XVision84: That's truly awe inspiring stuff, I envy all you brainiacs with your effortless multitasking.

#25 Posted by jeezers (2829 posts) -

@Zero_epyon: stranger things game is already a thing

https://youtu.be/_UuAzHWY8ng

#26 Posted by Zero_epyon (13214 posts) -
@jeezers said:

@Zero_epyon: stranger things game is already a thing

https://youtu.be/_UuAzHWY8ng

That's pretty cool!

#27 Posted by Speeny (1632 posts) -

Totally weird but Netflix is trying to get their hands on anything at this point.

#28 Posted by KungfuKitten (26546 posts) -

Hmm I wonder if this is going to be like the Bible games of old.

#29 Posted by npiet1 (2249 posts) -

It's almost just like the telltale series. Minecraft was just port to Netflix.

So hopefully they do some of the telltale stuff.

#30 Posted by kuu2 (11151 posts) -

Gross. Netflix tv shows becoming games.

#31 Edited by Zaryia (8523 posts) -
@watercrack445 said:

Can't wait for these new Netflix "games".

Basically like Sony's "games".

#32 Posted by h4l9000 (2 posts) -

Hmmm interesting I like Netflix so this is worth a look..