Neogaf AKA Sony HQ has been shutdown.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

Hope we don't see an influx of Sony bing bongers coming in now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

This place is about to get very crowded.

ocidax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ocidax
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

Back to home. Lolol

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

You sure it's not just temporary down for maintenance as the site describes.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

@fastnslowww:

http://www.gamezone.com/news/gaming-fourm-neogaf-goes-up-in-smoke-after-sexual-harassment-allegations-against-founder-3460445

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

No official word yet or guarantee it won't go back online.

Its surely done regardless. The site has imploded itself. Mods/Admins have all left. No business will dare advertise there. And the community has revolted. Were seeing internet history in the making for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I guess I have to start acting like a human being here now?

For real though, I was trying to sell some shit in the buy sell trade thread. This is terrible timing! Gaf staff are terrible human beings though and they deserve everything bad that's coming their way. It's very odd that such socially woke, hipster feminist turn out to be rapey and into some sketchy stuff. It's pretty funny that I lost my first account because of a "sexist" comment questioning the validity of a survey that found there were more female gamers than male. The Sega Genesis was listed as one of the "consoles" yet I'm sexist for calling it out... Bye Gaf

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

How is anybody shocked by this?

It was always a chesspool of weirdo's "worse then creep's" and extremists. It was just a matter of time before it got shut.

It was solely there to push hate and harrasment forwards lately. Not even remotely surprised.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

For real though, I was trying to sell some shit in the buy sell trade thread. This is terrible timing! Gaf staff are terrible human beings though and they deserve everything bad that's coming their way. It's very odd that such socially woke, hipster feminist turn out to be rapey and into some sketchy stuff. It's pretty funny that I lost my first account because of a "sexist" comment questioning the validity of a survey that found there were more female gamers than male. The Sega Genesis was listed as one of the "consoles" yet I'm sexist for calling it out... Bye Gaf

Yep! Glad you came back here!

Don't forget, they tried to boycott A Hat in Time, because of Jon Tron had a small cameo. Then they start dog piling on Tim Soret making false claims about him when they found out of his stance on Gamergate as well as creating a boycott to stop him from making the Last Night

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: The problem is I used this place to act like a douche to counterbalance my tame persona at Gaf. There are many people here that think I'm a Cow now... I don't even own a PS4. I guess since I've burned every Lem bridge I had, I will have to be either full on sheep or hermit.

Gamespot better capitalize on this opportunity. Bring back Unions and the level system! There are gonna be many people looking for a home in the coming weeks.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@FireEmblem_Man: The problem is I used this place to act like a douche to counterbalance my tame persona at Gaf. There are many people here that think I'm a Cow now... I don't even own a PS4. I guess since I've burned every Lem bridge I had, I will have to be either full on sheep or hermit.

Gamespot better capitalize on this opportunity. Bring back Unions and the level system! There are gonna be many people looking for a home in the coming weeks.

Oh, I agree! But that's the fun of System Wars! It's a place where all fanboys go accuse others of being another fanboy :P

Yeah, I agree! The time is now for GameSpot to reclaim their former glory!

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@Gatygun said:

How is anybody shocked by this?

It was always a chesspool of weirdo's "worse then creep's" and extremists. It was just a matter of time before it got shut.

It was solely there to push hate and harrasment forwards lately. Not even remotely surprised.

Yea, I never understood the mentality there. Owner even admitted to grabbing a womans ass "hard" to show he wouldn't be taken advantage of. Also, numerous people have been banned over silly stuff.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

It's not suprising, he attracted these kind of people with the way how he ruled his website and clearly was part of it.

There was no discussion possible. not even sure why they ending up calling it discussions. It was either you agree with there leader or get culled/banned and censored. The most ridicilous stuff got pushed this way. It was a community that walked on fear and only attracted one group of people left extremists. You agree with there incredible shortsighted extremist views or get banned, while at the same time ridiculed and harrassed massively through there website.

This guy evilore, ruined many people's life with his crap hole of a site. Truth didn't matter, if there was even a dude that didn't liked how you look 10 years ago, it would be seen as harrasment and you would get culled + made out for the worst no matter what.

I hope all his users are going after him, now he will realize how toxic his own community really was / is. Because even if this isn't true or there was a miscommunication, following his own standards he should get life in jail for it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24915 Posts

neogaf has fastest gaming news ever. i always read love reading thier forums.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

thank god, you can get instant perma banned over at neogaf for the most outrageous things so does this mean system wars will go back to the good old days

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

neogaf has fastest gaming news ever. i always read love reading thier forums.

I thought that too, and a couple of years ago that was definitely true.

Over the last couple of years though, I've actually seen several stories pop here first.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Never been there, but from all reports it's a shit show of a site anyway.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I'm a bit torn on this.

One one hand, some of the discussions on Gaf were extremely informative, well argued, and many of the members were in the industry and would provide interesting insight that us measly peons here could never know. On the other hand, it was an extreme echo chamber where you risked getting dog-piled, attacked, and banned if you even so much as breathed opposite the direction of the wind. It was beyond ridiculous and cramping. One thing I've always appreciated and valued about Gamespot, despite its shortcomings, is they're far more lenient in what is allowed. You don't need to agree with any opinion or risk being booted.

I would prefer Neogaf to stay open as long as Evil Lore is gone, if for no other reason than to keep a massive influx of those elite echo chamber twats from flooding these boards thinking that dissenting opinion will not be tolerated and that their elitism and place in the industry entitles them to treat others like shit. Many of their members need to leave their safe space and come back down to earth. I suspect Neogaf will be up again in some form or another.

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: not everybody there had an agenda. i saw some threads about jontron but never clicked on them because i did not care about him (i just understood he made some comments that were controversial). you cant reduce the whole community to a bunch of people that were in that one thread.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

I'm kind of proud that I have no idea what you guys are talking about :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Good riddance. That place was just one big echo chamber full of extremely bias Sony fanboys and self-righteous SJWs who didn't allow any opposing viewpoints.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#25 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

This isn't SW related.