Need For Speed Heat Revealed!

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#1 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1698 posts) -

Hello there street racing fans!

Ghost Games has officially revealed their latest Need For Speed Installment!

• Developer: Ghost Games
  • Publisher: EA
  • Sub-Genre: Arcade street racing
  • Platforms: Xbox One, Playstation 4, PC
  • Release Date: November 8th 2019

Tell me on your thoughts on this coming up racing game?

Description taken from video:

Hustle by day and risk it all by night in Need for Speed™ Heat, a thrilling race experience that pits you against a city’s rogue police force as you battle your way into street racing’s elite. Launching November 5 on Origin Access Premier/Play First Trial and November 8 Worldwide.

#2 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10544 posts) -

EA still making need for speed? especially after failure payback was??

#3 Posted by VFighter (5231 posts) -

The actual game looks good, but it's so easy to make racing games look good in videos. I'm not holding my breath for this to turn out great or even good.

#4 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1698 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:

Well lets see how will the game turns out once it gets released by November 2019, hopefully it will be better than NFS Payback in terms of gameplay and single player mode.

#5 Edited by DaVillain- (38013 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18: So which NFS was your favorite then? Me, Most Wanted, Underground, & Hot Pursuit but Payback was a letdown. Throughout the series, it's been good but not necessarily consistently amazing since Pro Street in 2007. Hoping Heat will shine as the franchise is on it's last legs and despite this is an EA product, I expect more "surprise mechanics" so I'm not holding my breath much for Heat.

Edit: Also Hollywood, please make Need for Speed 2 movie will ya. I love the first film.

#6 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10544 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Well lets see how will the game turns out once it gets released by November 2019, hopefully it will be better than NFS Payback in terms of gameplay and single player mode.

Last NFS I enjoyed was Porsche unleashed.

#7 Posted by my_user_name (23 posts) -

As mediocre as the series has been for years now, I've still enjoyed it.

Will probably pick it up when it hits the bargain bin.

Hopefully they minimize the storyline garbage from the last 2 games.

#8 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1698 posts) -
@davillain- said:

@mclarenmaster18: So which NFS was your favorite then? Me, Most Wanted, Underground, & Hot Pursuit but Payback was a letdown. Throughout the series, it's been good but not necessarily consistently amazing since Pro Street in 2007. Hoping Heat will shine as the franchise is on it's last legs and despite this is an EA product, I expect more "surprise mechanics" so I'm not holding my breath much for Heat.

Edit: Also Hollywood, please make Need for Speed 2 movie will ya. I love the first film.

My personal favourite NFS of all time is Shift 2: Unleashed.

For NFS Heat I would rather wait for reviews before I buy it.

#9 Posted by Ant_17 (12862 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@davillain- said:

This explains a lot.

#10 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1698 posts) -
@Ant_17 said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@davillain- said:

This explains a lot.

Because I find it very addictive and challenging too.

But to me NFS Shift series is not as good as Bizarre Creations's Project Gotham Racing and Codemasters's Grid series IMO.

#11 Posted by HEATHEN75 (815 posts) -

I haven't enjoyed a NFS game since Hot Pursuit in 2010. Tired of racing games trying to have a story. Just give me a list of races and let me go.

#12 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31588 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:

Though it's "Forza Horizon" approach wasn't perfect, I still enjoyed its gameplay tremendously.

Where it failed though was in the random card system and difficulty spike near the end.

I'll be getting both GRID and NFS this year.

#13 Posted by Ant_17 (12862 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

Though it's "Forza Horizon" approach wasn't perfect, I still enjoyed its gameplay tremendously.

Where it failed though was in the random card system and difficulty spike near the end.

I'll be getting both GRID and NFS this year.

Guess you never used the drift exploit for money and cards.

I really like Payback, even the bullshit card system. Simple and more arcadey.

#14 Edited by R4gn4r0k (31588 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:

Guess you never used the drift exploit for money and cards.

I really like Payback, even the bullshit card system. Simple and more arcadey.

The card system was pure greed... surprise mechanic until reviewers and gamers started bitching and Ghost eventually changed it.

After the change it was good yeah, it was pretty simple and you could upgrade your cars over and over in a pretty fulfilling and easy way.

I really liked Payback as well, the races were really cool, the cars were nice, the location was a bit too much desert, but overall good.

I liked the "Forza Horizon" set pieces as well.

It's just that I didn't finish it because at the end I had to upgrade my level 1 drag car to a level 12 race or something and I really don't like drag racing. I loved the regular races, outback races and getting away from cops races the most.

At the end I had a Porche for almost every race type and it was really great to have that many Porsche cars that I switched between.

Solid game, but like I said, I unfortunately never finished it.

What were your thoughts on 2015's NFS?

#15 Posted by Ant_17 (12862 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: Ah yeah the stupid drag thing. I just bought the Beck Custom cause it had an easy rev so getting green was easy and had a low lift so the races were easy. And i have lots of cars, but my main race one is this:

/Ignore the weeab writing, it was a joke to a friend./

As for NFS 2015 i liked it more cause like you said desert is a bit too much. But Payback has more to do.

#16 Posted by sakaiXx (6056 posts) -

Hope they ditch the card rng bullshit and the weird token thing from payback.

#17 Edited by uninspiredcup (34939 posts) -

>Racing games

> EA

#18 Posted by warmblur (2985 posts) -

The biggest problem with this game is that it's not Burnout.

#19 Posted by 2Chalupas (7105 posts) -

Series has been mediocre or actually on the decline since Ghost Games took over, so really I don't care.

It's good future bargain bin fodder I guess. The kind of game you probably wouldn't feel bad paying $5 for 1 year after release.

#20 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19846 posts) -

Enjoy your microtransactions

#21 Posted by Pedro (35610 posts) -

I guess I am running solo on the desire for racing games to have more scenic and planned tracks. :(

#22 Edited by BassMan (10648 posts) -

#23 Posted by Ant_17 (12862 posts) -

@Pedro said:

I guess I am running solo on the desire for racing games to have more scenic and planned tracks. :(

Forza 9 will be next year so you can wait till then.

#24 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19255 posts) -

It looks decent, but will it have EA's fingerprints all over it and ruining it... that's the question.

#25 Edited by Telekill (8586 posts) -

They should go back to the first 3 on PS1 and the 2010 Hot Pursuit on PS3 for inspiration on the next NFS after that. No need for a tacked on story in an arcade racer.

#26 Posted by judaspete (3129 posts) -

Looks like more Payback, but we'll see. The series is inconsistent, but when it's good, it's really good.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
#27 Posted by Midnightshade29 (6000 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

What was wrong with payback? I get the loot boxes sucked, but at least it wasn't always online or just night racing. Its the only NFS on this gen of consoles that has legit single player that doesn't require online connection and actually has a compelling world. The other two nfs games are selling for $5 for a reason. They will die and be useless once EA cuts the server. Now is it as good as most wanted? Hell no, that was my favorite (ironically made by criterion) I also liked NFS shift. Last gen did have way better nfs games, imo.

#28 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19255 posts) -

@Pedro said:

No, I'm the same... I'm a bit sick of arcadey/open world racers (as much as I love Forza Horizon).

#29 Posted by freedomfreak (51270 posts) -

Looks like a completely generic Most Wanted.

#30 Posted by AJStyles (1073 posts) -

@Midnightshade29: Is that why those 2 NFS games are always $5 on PSN?

I didn’t know they were online only trash.

I almost bought them a bunch of times but I never pulled the trigger.

So “Payback” is the decent one? May have to read some reviews.

#31 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1698 posts) -
@Ant_17 said:
@Pedro said:

Forza 9 will be next year so you can wait till then.

Forza Motorsport 8 hasn't even came out yet so you're wrong.

#32 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1698 posts) -
@judaspete said:

Looks like more Payback, but we'll see. The series is inconsistent, but when it's good, it's really good.

Yeah I don't understand why Ghost Games and EA are still using Burnout's driving physics for this generation's Need For Speed games.

Yet why can't they reuse the old driving physics which was previously used since NFS Underground to Carbon?

All I know some of Ghost Games's employees were formerly part of Criterion Games.

#33 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1698 posts) -
@sakaixx said:

Hope they ditch the card rng bullshit and the weird token thing from payback.

Plus NFS Payback also lacks of handling upgrades such as suspension, sway bars, brakes, etc.

#34 Posted by I_P_Daily (12527 posts) -

The last best NFS was the movie lol.

Ghost Games suck and haven't made a good NFS yet, if EA were smart (we all know they're not) they'd piss them off and get Dice to make the next game.

#35 Posted by Daredevils2k (2118 posts) -

pass

#36 Posted by Vaidream45 (2034 posts) -

It’s EA so it’s gonna be filled with micro transactions like the last one. Sad cuz I really miss classic NFS games.

#37 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1698 posts) -
@vaidream45 said:

It’s EA so it’s gonna be filled with micro transactions like the last one. Sad cuz I really miss classic NFS games.

For me luckily I never used micro transactions as I managed to beat NFS Payback's story mode in medium mode.

NFS Payback also had broken off-road physics which makes it really frustrating especially on hard mode.

#38 Edited by judaspete (3129 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18: Yeah, I love the physics model from the Blackbox days. Wish they would make a game that felt more like that again.

Now, I don't hate the Burnout physics. It's just been a while since the cars had real weight to them, and I miss that feeling.

#39 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2513 posts) -

@heathen75 said:

I haven't enjoyed a NFS game since Hot Pursuit in 2010.

This. I'll look at it with an open mind, though. I haven't played a good racer in a while and the trailer looks good.

#40 Edited by R4gn4r0k (31588 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

The last best NFS was the movie lol.

lol, I forgot all about that one. All I remember is that it had Jesse Pinkman, and some cars.