Naughty Dog will kill Halo

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for battlefieldfan4
battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By battlefieldfan4
Member since 2012 • 259 Posts

Naughty Dog dev basically confirmed that they're making a space game. The best 1st party dev in the world is making a space, sci-fi game. There's no way mediocre 343i will be able to compete with Naughty Dog story-wise, maturity-wise, gameplay-wise, writing-wise.

Go back to your "I'm a super soldier destined to save the universe" immature games. I'll take the more sophisticated, thought-provoking, mature game from Naughty Dog instead of a game with a plot that looks like it was contrived by an 8-year-old.

kazrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 kazrium
Member since 2006 • 1632 Posts

Halo = #1.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Old thread, yo.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Best not count someone else's chickens before they hatch.

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By battlefieldfan4

@kazrium said:

Halo = #1.

Halo is trash now. Gameplay is a CoD rip-off. Story and writing sucks. Plot isn't sophisticated like Naughty Dog games.

kazrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kazrium

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@kazrium said:

Halo = #1.

Halo is trash now. Gameplay is a CoD rip-off. Story and writing sucks. Plot isn't sophisticated like Naughty Dog games.

No.

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 battlefieldfan4

@Zidaneski said:

I trust Naughty Dog's next game to be a AAA/AAAE game. I don't trust 343i to make a game with as high of a quality as ND's games. In fact, I expect low-80 meta for Halo 5. Crap dev is crap. Deal with it, xboners.

kazrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kazrium

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@Zidaneski said:

I trust Naughty Dog's next game to be a AAA/AAAE game. I don't trust 343i to make a game with as high of a quality as ND's games. In fact, I expect low-80 meta for Halo 5. Crap dev is crap. Deal with it, xboners.

Master Chief = AAA.

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 battlefieldfan4

Once Savage Starlight comes out, the Halo brand will be permanently irrelevant. Halo has been on a slow and painful decline for a long time. What better way than for the best 1st party dev in the world to put Halo out of its mediocre misery.

kazrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kazrium

@battlefieldfan4 said:

Once Savage Starlight comes out, the Halo brand will be permanently irrelevant. Halo has been on a slow and painful decline for a long time. What better way than for the best 1st party dev in the world to put Halo out of its mediocre misery.

Wrong.

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By battlefieldfan4

@kazrium said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

Wrong.

Keep up the denial, little kid. 343i is a talentless dev. Naughty Dog takes a big dump on 343i.

kazrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kazrium

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@kazrium said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

Wrong.

Keep up the denial, little kid. 343i is a talentless dev. Naughty Dog takes a big dump on 343i.

How dare you, I am 68 years old.

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 battlefieldfan4

@kazrium said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@kazrium said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

Wrong.

How dare you, I am 68 years old.

But you have a mind of a 10-year-old. How else do you think Halo is "cool"? Do you ever watch teletubbies? That feeling of corniness is how any mature adult would feel when playing a childish game like Halo. Play a real adult game like The Last of Us.

kazrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kazrium

Halo > The Last of Us. You can not deny this. It is a fact.

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 battlefieldfan4

@kazrium said:

TLOU - 95 meta

Halo 4 - 87 LOL... And that's with the rampant bribery. How sad.

User reviews:

TLOU - 9.1 (Insanely high user review score)

Halo 4 - 6.1 (BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

Wow, this little calf thinks that a director wannabe like naughty dog would be compared in the leagues of Halo. Well can't blame the poor guy for liking spunkgargleweewee garbage like twattlefield.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@battlefieldfan4 said:

The best 1st party dev in the world is making a space, sci-fi game.

Retro Studios is comparable.

kazrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kazrium

That website is biased.

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 battlefieldfan4

@sonic1564 said:

Wow, this little calf thinks that a director wannabe like naughty dog would be compared in the leagues of Halo. Well can't blame the poor guy for liking spunkgargleweewee garbage like twattlefield.

Halo is a mediocre series now. Sales are gonna plummet next gen because Xbox sales will be so bad.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

lmao

Microsoft's worse dev is better than Naughty Dog, Naughty Dog is garbage and their next game is gonna flop harder than a fish out of water.

kazrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kazrium

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@sonic1564 said:

Halo is a mediocre series now. Sales are gonna plummet next gen because Xbox sales will be so bad.

Halo will never end. You will end long before it does.

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By battlefieldfan4

@BranKetra said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

Nintendo games are for little kids. I bought a Wii U so my sister could STFU so I can do things like mock xboners on system wars.

The fact is, there has been no 1st party game from Nintendo that has a deep story like The Last of Us. Nintendo takes the easy way out by regurgitating the same shit over and over again. It gets boring after the first 2 games. Naughty Dog considers gameplay as well as superior writing in their games. Naughty Dog is incomparable. They are the best 1st party devs in the world.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

Halo is one of the best series of games that I have ever played. Saying that this game will make it irrelevant is like trying to convince me that some other game will make Zelda irrelevant. Halo has withstood the test of time and established itself as one of the best franchises of all time. The only thing that could destroy the Halo franchise is Microsoft, and I doubt that will happen for a very long time...

kazrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kazrium

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@BranKetra said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

Nintendo games are for little kids. I bought a Wii U so my sister could STFU so I can do things like mock xboners on system wars.

The fact is, there has been no 1st party game from Nintendo that has a deep story like The Last of Us. Nintendo takes the easy way out by regurgitating the same shit over and over again. It gets boring after the first 2 games. Naughty Dog considers gameplay as well as superior writing in their games. Naughty Dog is incomparable. They are the best 1st party devs in the world.

Nintendo > Last of Us. Have you played Pikmin. No. You have not.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By branketra

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@BranKetra said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

I disagree. I enjoyed Metroid Prime and other first party Nintendo games and I am not a child. The standards of Nintendo's game design are among the highest in this industry.

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 battlefieldfan4

@superclocked said:

Halo is one of my favorite game series of all time. Saying that this game will make it irrelevant is like trying to convince me that some other game will make Zelda irrelevant. Halo is that good, and has withstood the test of time. The only thing that could destroy the Halo franchise is Microsoft, and I doubt that will happen for a very long time...

87 metacritic score. 6.1 user review score. Declining player base. Halo is dying and Naughty Dog will be its executioner.

I don't think Microsoft will permanently axe Halo. Even if the game gets a 60 on meta, they'd still continue making more Halos since that's the only thing the Xbone has. How sad that Microsoft has no good exclusives left.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lumpy311

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@BranKetra said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

lmao

Naughty Dog gameplay sucks balls,

story is predictable

writing is awful

sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

Well twattlefieldfan4=Codrulez

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@Zidaneski said:

ND is my favorite developer but it's not guaranteed that ND will bring another masterpiece. Look what happened with FFXIIIvs and Last Guardian.

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By battlefieldfan4

@Lumpy311 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@BranKetra said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

lmao

story is predictable

writing is awful

Story is predictable? Yeah, that part when Joel saves Ellie and have both make it out alive in the end was so "predictable"... That part where he lies to her in the end and have Ellie not believing him was also "predictable". Dumbass. The "predictable" thing to do was for Joel to die saving Ellie in the process or Joel sacrificing Ellie to save the world. Naughty Dog decided to make their balls as hard as steel and do the most nontraditional but realistic thing, which was to have Joel say, "F*** the world."

Also, people in the military have commented that the shooting/aiming in TLOU was the most realistic representation of how you handle guns in real life. I was in the military. I should know.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 branketra

@superclocked said:

Halo is one of the best series of games that I have ever played. Saying that this game will make it irrelevant is like trying to convince me that some other game will make Zelda irrelevant. Halo has withstood the test of time and established itself as one of the best franchises of all time. The only thing that could destroy the Halo franchise is Microsoft, and I doubt that will happen for a very long time...

Halo is surely one of the best series and Halo: Combat Evolved is one of the best games ever made. When I learn about a new Halo game, I expect it to be good. There are not many franchises like that.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lumpy311

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@BranKetra said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

lmao

story is predictable

writing is awful

Story is predictable? Yeah, that part when Joel saves Ellie and have both make it out alive in the end was so "predictable"... Dumbass. The "predictable" thing to do was for Joel to die saving Ellie in the process or Joel sacrificing Ellie to save the world. Naughty Dog decided to make their balls as hard as steel and do the most nontraditional but realistic thing, which was to have Joel say, "F*** the world."

of course it was fucking predictable you idiot, have you ever seen a movie?

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By battlefieldfan4

@Zidaneski said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@Zidaneski said:

ND is my favorite developer but it's not guaranteed that ND will bring another masterpiece. Look what happened with FFXIIIvs and Last Guardian.

I trust that they will. No one can compete with them.

On a side note, Halo 5 = trash. Count on it.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@kazrium said:

Don't start spreading lies, it's not nice.

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By battlefieldfan4

@Lumpy311 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@BranKetra said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

lmao

story is predictable

writing is awful

Story is predictable? Yeah, that part when Joel saves Ellie and have both make it out alive in the end was so "predictable"... Dumbass. The "predictable" thing to do was for Joel to die saving Ellie in the process or Joel sacrificing Ellie to save the world. Naughty Dog decided to make their balls as hard as steel and do the most nontraditional but realistic thing, which was to have Joel say, "F*** the world."

Yeah, I have. And most movies would have done one of the 2 hypothetical endings I've stated. Now go back to believing you're a superhero soldier destined to save the world. Immature punk. It's time to grow up and play mature games.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

Naughty Dog makes great movies with some OK gameplay attached. But Halo is kind of overrated as well, so maybe they will "kill" it like you say.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#37 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

If they're able, why haven't they before?

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lumpy311

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@BranKetra said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

lmao

story is predictable

writing is awful

Yeah, I have. And most movies would have done one of the 2 things I've wrote as a hypothetical ending. Now go back to believing you're a superhero soldier destined to save the world. Immature punk. It's time to grow up and play mature games.

lmao

stay mad Naughty Dog makes nothing but overrated pieces of shit, next Naughty dog game is gonna flop.

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By battlefieldfan4

@Lumpy311 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@BranKetra said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

lmao

story is predictable

writing is awful

Yeah, I have. And most movies would have done one of the 2 things I've wrote as a hypothetical ending. Now go back to believing you're a superhero soldier destined to save the world. Immature punk. It's time to grow up and play mature games.

lmao

stay mad Naughty Dog makes nothing but overrated pieces of shit, next Naughty dog game is gonna flop.

Yeah, "overrated pieces of shit" that have garnered critical acclaim from both professional critics as well as gamers, whereas Halo has only gotten praise from bribed reviewers. Gamers say Halo is trash. 6.1 user review = lulz.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lumpy311

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@BranKetra said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

lmao

story is predictable

writing is awful

lmao

Yeah, "overrated pieces of shit" that have garnered critical acclaim from both professional critics as well as gamers, whereas Halo has only gotten praise from bribed reviewers. Gamers say Halo is trash. 6.1 user review = lulz.

stay mad Halo is better

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By battlefieldfan4

@judaspete said:

Naughty Dog makes great movies with some OK gameplay attached. But Halo is kind of overrated as well, so maybe they will "kill" it like you say.

The shooting in TLOU (Minus the supplements that decrease weapon sway) was the most realistic shooting simulation I've ever played in a game. Even with +2 points on lower sway, the shooting is more realistic than other shooting games.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

naughty dog tells great stories. they're god awful at gameplay though.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mems_1224

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@judaspete said:

The shooting in TLOU (Minus the supplements that decrease weapon sway) was the most realistic shooting simulation I've ever played in a game. Even with +2 points on lower sway, the shooting is more realistic than other shooting games.

realism means nothing if its not fun to play. the shooting in TLOU was horrible until you upgrade it.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Funniest thread of the day. I dare them to try.
Plus Sony keeps pretending Killzone deserved 5 games. An ND FPS would destroy the Killzone brand.

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 battlefieldfan4

@mems_1224 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@judaspete said:

realism means nothing if its not fun to play. the shooting in TLOU was horrible until you upgrade it.

That's because you're a noob and you're used to spraying and praying on your kiddie 360 shoot 'em ups. Naughty Dog was aiming for a slower paced, more tense gun fights. It modeled real-life gun fights pretty accurately while preserving good, fun gameplay.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#46 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Cows are so cute. They think and say things long enough til they start to believe it. PS All-Stars will be better than Smash Brothers. GT5 will out score Forza. LBP and MNR will make people forget about Mario and Mario Kart. It never ends....

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mems_1224

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

@judaspete said:

That's because you're a noob and you're used to spraying and praying on your kiddie 360 shoot 'em ups. Naughty Dog was aiming for a slower paced, more tense gun fights. It modeled real-life gun fights pretty accurately while preserving good, fun gameplay.

cool story bro.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

What do u mean will?

With Uncharted and TLOU they made 2 vastly superior games than Halo already.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mems_1224

@Netret0120 said:

What do u mean will?

With Uncharted and TLOU they made 2 vastly superior games than Halo already.

9>8

Halo 4>TLOU confirmed

owned

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Halo is/was one of the most influential games of the last decade. Countless shooters have been made since Halo CE that follow its formula, and gameplay mechanics. Even CoD's design was influenced by it. Also, online gaming on consoles owes a lot to Halo 2.

Naughty Dog, on the other hand, hasn't made an influential game series. They've only built on the ideas of other games with simple additions.

Halo may be on the downturn nowadays, but it has nothing to do with Naughty Dog. The series is just getting old, and has used up a lot of its potential.