Naughty Dog vs Nintendo EAD Group #3 - who's better?

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Naughty Dog vs Nintendo EAD Group #3 - who's better? (129 votes)

Naughty Dog 42%
Nintendo EAD Group No. 3 58%

Naughty Dog

Crash Bandicoot 1,2,3
Crash Team Racing
Jak & Daxter 1,2,3
Jak X: Combat Racing
Uncharted 1,2,3
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us

Nintendo EAD Group No. 3

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Legend of Zelda: Link's Crossbow Training
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (co-developed)
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Legend of Zelda Wii U

Based on this list only, I'd give the nod to Naughty Dog since Ocarina of Time/Majora's mask is not cited. What say you, SW?

• 
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44938 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

So you split up Nintendo but you don't split up ND? Thread is pointless

Also you forget that ND made Uncharted 1 and 3 as well. U2 is amazing, 1 and 3 are not

How is it pointless? Naughty Dog is not nearly as large as Nintendo and we're only comparing output between these two lists. If anything, I was merciful towards Naughty Dog (and they're still losing). Including all of Nintendo would've just been overkill.

Also, Naughty Dog hasn't been nearly this good until last gen so it's definitely fair.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Considering EAD 3 didn't exist until 2004, why would OoT and Majora's mask be cited?

Though it is my understanding that much of the OoT/Majora's Mask team is part of this group. Also, the Director of OoT and Majora's mask is the general manager of this team

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#53  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

You shouldn't have split EAD.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

The one that has gameplay.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#55 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11512 Posts

@AzatiS said:

Whoever voted for Nintendo on this specific post is the biggest Nintendo fanboy in the universe

what if you like gameplay over cinematic presentation?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i have no affinity for either

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

I see your picture has had a slight makeover... not sure I like it yet... It may grow on me.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

Whoever voted for Nintendo on this specific post is the biggest Nintendo fanboy in the universe

What if new Zelda Wii U had N64 like graphics ? Would had every single sheep around the internet shit their pants like they did with the new E3 Zeldas trailer ? And what Cinematic presentation exactly? Crash bandicoot or JAk and Daxter ? Enough with this gameplay excuse you talking about all the time sheeps...it got old already. I remember the SNES/N64 era , was all about graphics ..even in GC era. Now the last 10 years is all about gameplay... Stop this hypocrites...

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CrownKingArthur
@_Matt_ said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

I see your picture has had a slight makeover... not sure I like it yet... It may grow on me.

hello!

if you do a google image search for 'in 20 years', you might be lucky enough to come across the original. probably funnier if you stumble across it that way than if i were to explain it to you.

the one with the thumb was hilarious.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 inggrish

@CrownKingArthur said:
@_Matt_ said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

hello!

if you do a google image search for 'in 20 years', you might be lucky enough to come across the original. probably funnier if you stumble across it that way than if i were to explain it to you.

the one with the thumb was hilarious.

My word I am quite scared, did not expect that!

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 CrownKingArthur

@_Matt_: i know right. i really hope my cat lives for 20 years.

i've going to feed in20years some other animals, see what output we get...

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#62  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

both are really great, but i like ND a little more

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

What if new Zelda Wii U had N64 like graphics ? Would had every single sheep around the internet shit their pants like they did with the new E3 Zeldas trailer ? And what Cinematic presentation exactly? Crash bandicoot or JAk and Daxter ? Enough with this gameplay excuse you talking about all the time sheeps...it got old already. I remember the SNES/N64 era , was all about graphics ..even in GC era. Now the last 10 years is all about gameplay... Stop this hypocrites...

Graphics have always been important, no doubt about that.

I wouldn't say Nintendo fans are being hypocrites now though, gameplay has been their mantra since the 80s. Even when N64 titles were shutting out PS1 titles visually and the GC had the edge on the PS2, gameplay was still the mantra.

All that aside, that wasn't really his point. A game doesn't even have to look great to be a heavily cinematic game, it has nothing to do with graphics. Naughty Dog started putting gameplay in the back seat starting last gen. They'd rather send you through a scripted tunnel of set pieces than give you a meaty game that stretches it's mechanics in significant ways from start to finish.

Now obviously ND is not the worst offender when it comes to cinematic gaming. They still make solid games that are fun to play. But at the end of the day they make rental games. Games were you're funneled through what is essentially a long movie with extremely repetitive run of the mill gameplay. The shooting is average, the stealth is average, the platforming and melee are below average and the level design is nothing memorable nor exciting.

Even as stale as the Zelda series has become, it still gives you some bang for your buck. You'll get plenty of game. You'll get very well thought out level design. You'll get to use the array of different mechanics and items in increasingly inventive ways throughout the course of a much longer game.

And before you decide to throw the sheep card at me, just know that my two most highly anticipated games right now are PS4 games and that Sony has made my favorite console every gen since they've been in the business.

All I'm saying is that it doesn't require much thought to understand why so many people prefer the Zelda series to Naughty Dogs recent efforts.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Nintendo EAD #3 wins for me. I just find it bias you picked basically the Zelda team, while ND as a whole works on whatever is on the table. Theres like 4 or 5 different Nintendo studios.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Nintendo, since they've actually made some good games. Naughty Dog's best is still mediocre.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

EAD 3 is still better and it's not even the best team at Nintendo imo. Naughty Dog has made 1 fantastic game, 3 great games and a bunch of mediocre ones.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#67  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

2 Good Zelda games (Twilight Princess and Link Between Worlds) + gutter trash vs The Last of Us, Uncharted 2, the original Jak and Daxter+mostly gutter trash.

I'd argue a push, but I was more impressed by The Last of Us than Link Between Worlds. Last of Us might be predictable and have some obvious inspirations (read, it rips them wholesale from The Road and Children of Men), but I find the execution of that game to be impressive. The encounter designs once they opened up were satisfying, the gunplay felt good, the ability to break line of sight is something I want in more shooters period, and it conveys a lot of its narrative through its interactivity to boot. Still a little too reliant on cutscenes, but hey whatever. Link Between Worlds is great from a pacing standpoint, because it's the first time in a long ass time Zelda dropped the bullshit. Beyond that though? the dungeons are barely above average in design to anyone that has touched an indie puzzle game in the last 5 years. The boss fights are straight garbage.

So Naughty Dog by a hair.

But if Link Between Worlds is any indication. The next Zelda might actually be real deal, and there is nothing they could possibly do with Uncharted 4 that isn't just "shoot dudes in the face" the videogame. Now we start throwing in the important Zelda games, you know the good ones, like Majora's Mask, then it would be Nintendo on the premise of Majora's Mask alone.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@jg4xchamp

"...it conveys a lot of its narrative through its interactivity..."

Thats not what I experienced. It conveyed alot of its narrative in interactivity but not actually through interactivity....... If that makes sense.

I mean most of the interactivity is scavenging for supplies while Ellie and Joel mumble banal and light chit chat to eachother. the scripted events were far to short andnot really ambitious and rest of the gameplay was devoid of any meaningfull narration beside kill the bad guys..... And then theres the cutscenes....

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18249 Posts

Twilight Princess and A Link Between Worlds are far better than anything ND has made...with the exception of TLOU, still, i have to go with Nintendo EAD only because they made one of the best Zelda games in years.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Wiimotefan said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

I wouldn't say Nintendo fans are being hypocrites now though, gameplay has been their mantra since the 80s. Even when N64 titles were shutting out PS1 titles visually and the GC had the edge on the PS2, gameplay was still the mantra.

All that aside, that wasn't really his point. A game doesn't even have to look great to be a heavily cinematic game, it has nothing to do with graphics. Naughty Dog started putting gameplay in the back seat starting last gen. They'd rather send you through a scripted tunnel of set pieces than give you a meaty game that stretches it's mechanics in significant ways from start to finish.

Now obviously ND is not the worst offender when it comes to cinematic gaming. They still make solid games that are fun to play. But at the end of the day they make rental games. Games were you're funneled through what is essentially a long movie with extremely repetitive run of the mill gameplay. The shooting is average, the stealth is average, the platforming and melee are below average and the level design is nothing memorable nor exciting.

Even as stale as the Zelda series has become, it still gives you some bang for your buck. You'll get plenty of game. You'll get very well thought out level design. You'll get to use the array of different mechanics and items in increasingly inventive ways throughout the course of a much longer game.

And before you decide to throw the sheep card at me, just know that my two most highly anticipated games right now are PS4 games and that Sony has made my favorite console every gen since they've been in the business.

All I'm saying is that it doesn't require much thought to understand why so many people prefer the Zelda series to Naughty Dogs recent efforts.

Well said

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 inggrish

@CrownKingArthur said:

@_Matt_: i know right. i really hope my cat lives for 20 years.

i've going to feed in20years some other animals, see what output we get...

Haha good plan, I look forward to seeing your profile pic randomly changing :P

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By AzatiS

@Wiimotefan said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

I dont mind what his point is , he brought again what sheeps brining the last 2 gens ... Gameplay >> Graphics .. When for 3 gens straight sheeps were talking about graphics in every single conversation i personally had with proud ( SNES/N64/GC)

He acts like Crash Bandicoot , Jak and UC didnt have any good gameplay elements considering their genre !! You really calling Crash Bandicoot and JaK extremely repetitive and essentially a long movie ? About UC and TLOU , cinematic or not , they are new IPs. You know how difficult is for new IPs to be that successful ? A company that brought 2 ips in a single gen and won critics , gamers AND "enemies" with each one and every single one is a phenomenon. And that alone makes them a clear winner.

Look up the games ... you having Zelda zelda zelda zelda ... ok Zelda !!! So what ? Last 2 Zeldas became stale and they had nothing to do with the epicness of older titles , how is that that better than UC ? Because is Zelda ? I dont get it ... TP and SS , great games , so were UC2/UC3 ...Each on their genre but we are not judging games , we judging companies here ( or divisions ) overall !! And when the one tries new things , entirely new and being so succcessful , THAT is an achievement my friend , therefore to vote for Nintendo ...that makes you a fanboy. Thats my opinion and wont change because ...UC is a way more cinematic experience than Zelda, like its the only thing it offers or in the end of the day , thats a bad thing ...Come on now...

PS : You didnt want to throw you the sheep card ..then i saw your name .. WiiMoteFan .. how not to !! :) Ok i wont , you had your points there its just ND this gen rocked it so hard with new IPs , is automatic a winner to me.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AzatiS

@lostrib said:

@Wiimotefan said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

Well said

Yeah sure .... the gameplay >> Graphics became ...gameplay >> cinematic ... all im saying , 2 new IPs .... hunderds of awards and praise from critics,gamers AND "enemies" .. That my friend , is automatic win. And maybe you guys are too young to remember Crash bandicoot , what kind of impact had or even Jak which was a solid game ( nothing like cinematic experience ) ... But anyways , different taste i guess but keep it real. ND deserves the title of better developer than this Nintendos division , period.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6056 Posts

Twilight princess isn't even a great Zelda game imo, but it shits on everything ND has made. I go with EAD.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

I have only really enjoyed one Naughty Dog game and that's TLOU. I need to try Uncharted. I have the second game but I've yet been compelled to finish the game. I also want to play Nintendo games again but agh, I only like games with deep story or strategy games nowadays. Tastes change I suppose.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

It's not fair for me to choose since I haven't played all the noteworthy ND games on that list, so I didn't. Honestly though I like good games with good gameplay more than a solid game with a good amount of scripted events, so the Zelda team would probably win anyways.

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

You have to buy, rent, borrow Nintendo games to play them. You can just watch ND cut-scenes and not miss out on anything. Hard choice.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By AzatiS

@TheGuardian03 said:

@AzatiS: Yeah ND has accomplished alot last gen. 2 new IP's and lots of praise and awards. people seem to confuse cinematic with bad game or less gameplay and scripted when Uncharted and last of us offer plenty of gameplay and player choice well UC less but you get the idea.

Funny how UC is scripted yet i replay it and have so much fun with it. it's the same in Zelda you're just given a bigger area to explore but your main quest is to finish this area and advance to the next. it's scripted just like UC or any other game, the bigger area in Zelda gives the illusion that it's not scripted when in fact it is.

Yeah lol ..People , as i said , judging what they DONT have ! I remember how passionate were people back in SNES days about how is better graphically ...lol.. N64 the same , we get nice textures not blurry ones !! GC not that much but still ... we get the best graphics and look RE4 , only on GC and so many things i just remembered , will take a day to write all down. And then... Wii came and everything became ... Gameplay !!!

And the day that finally Zelda looks awesome came and every single sheep SHIT literally their pants with a simple , scripted in game cutscene ( cinematic presentation anyone ? ) !! They havent seen any gameplay footage , they praising Zelda Wii U as we speak worldwide in every forum , they dont know anything about the game other than it will be open world .... But still , they got hyped ...guess how ?!! Scripted cutscene with great graphics ( compared to older titles ) ...isnt that ridiculous for them to claim gameplay >> everything else then being epicly hyped about how good Zelda looked on that ...cutscene ? Wasnt that cutscene all about graphics and cinematic presentation ?

Im telling you , sheeps are the most hypocrites i ever witnessed since late 80s as a gamer.

Then they behave like games with cinematic presentations or good graphics or both have not great gameplay elements. They are all about Gameplay >> Cinematic / graphics / story etc etc ... Like Crash Bandicoot didnt have solid gameplay for its genre back then. Nor Jak had ... nor UC had , it won critics/gamers and even enemies because of cinematics alone ... and TLOU , no gameplay !! They didnt deliver considering their genre !! Only Zelda does...

Hail to the sheeps all im telling bro. Hail to the sheeps.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#81  Edited By gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts

@Wiimotefan said:

Way to make a complete fool out of yourself.

Naughty Dog's most recent major title - The Last of Us - over six million copies sold.

EAD Group 3 most recent major title - Skyward Sword - over three million copies sold.

It is absolutely hilarious that you spewed an entire wall of text in a lame attempt to solemnly lecture people about nothing more than you are a Nintendo fan derp derp and the fundamental data point you tried to close with shows EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE.

Way to go genius!

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 93BlackHawk93
@TheGuardian03 said:

'what if you like gameplay over cinematic presentation?'

so having a cinematic game means it doesn't have gameplay? UC has plenty of gameplay and btw same as pikmin, kill enemies within the area however you like, wether you want to melee or do headshots or stealth etc or solve a puzzle to advance to another area. seriously i played pikmin 2 and tried to get into it and it was hot garbage.

people should compare quantic dream with nintendo.

QDgames are garbage ones that barely have any gameplay and are scripted as hell.

What?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#83 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Aside from Crash 1,2,3 & the first Jak and Daxter, I don't care for Naughty Dog's work. They're obviously very good at what they do, but it's not my cup of tea. Nintendo EAD for me.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 93BlackHawk93
@TheGuardian03 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@TheGuardian03 said:

'what if you like gameplay over cinematic presentation?'

so having a cinematic game means it doesn't have gameplay? UC has plenty of gameplay and btw same as pikmin, kill enemies within the area however you like, wether you want to melee or do headshots or stealth etc or solve a puzzle to advance to another area. seriously i played pikmin 2 and tried to get into it and it was hot garbage.

people should compare quantic dream with nintendo.

QDgames are garbage ones that barely have any gameplay and are scripted as hell.

What?

People say ND games are movies and that is false, it's Quantic Dream games that are interactive movies while Naughty Dog games have plenty of gameplay.

So if someone wants to compare movies to nintendo games. Quantic Dream is the right answer. or the walking dead games developer.

Oh! I thought you meant Nintendo games are as garbage scripted games like Quantic Dream's. ^_^;

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#87 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Based on that games list I chose Naughty Dog, only because of the more variety.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Pikminmaniac

@AzatiS said:

@lostrib said:

@Wiimotefan said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

Well said

Yeah sure .... the gameplay >> Graphics became ...gameplay >> cinematic ... all im saying , 2 new IPs .... hunderds of awards and praise from critics,gamers AND "enemies" .. That my friend , is automatic win. And maybe you guys are too young to remember Crash bandicoot , what kind of impact had or even Jak which was a solid game ( nothing like cinematic experience ) ... But anyways , different taste i guess but keep it real. ND deserves the title of better developer than this Nintendos division , period.

You have to stop being so closed minded man and start actually listening to what people are saying.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

Naughty Gods of course.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

naughty dog's games were decent 8.0-like experiences. Definitely not Zelda-quality though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Naughty dog has been Little more then flash without substance, if you would bother looking at the gameplay componants of thier games. TLoU were pretty standard shooting, incredibly basic crafting and management, built around a pretty normal story with a heavy focus on the cinematic flare, and I belive weve all been through the Uncharted breakdown.

Basicly I can't stand the all flash Little substance in games, which ironically puts most of the ND of today around the same place as the modern LoZ games, so lose lose situation here?

I will not Count any ND game prior to 2004 due to logic, which leaves a sad blob of games mostly ment to create strong first impressions, and Little else.

On the EAD side, well... As I said There are few LoZ games I liked, most of them kept rather close to what they did before, and I could level alot of the same complaints against LoZ as I have with ND. However there were atleast one good Zelda game out these last few years, and if we are to judge the game on more then the sum of its parts TLoU was decent.

So yeh loss - loss.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Skyward Sword FTW.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5552 Posts

There is more game design in the first dungeon in Skyward Sword than all the areas in the Uncharted series.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By AzatiS

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@lostrib said:

@Wiimotefan said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

Well said

You have to stop being so closed minded man and start actually listening to what people are saying.

Really now , now im the close minded .. Is that a joke ?!! I mean , tell that to yourself then we talk again !! Gameplay and gameplay and gameplay ... Like you can name me a single game under UC genre that has better gameplay than UC !!! You cant then im the one isnt listening !! Sheeps... nuff said ! Whatever ... lol

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Pikminmaniac

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@lostrib said:

@Wiimotefan said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

Well said

Really now , now im the close minded .. Is that a joke ?!! I mean , tell that to yourself then we talk again !! Gameplay and gameplay and gameplay ... Like you can name me a single game under UC genre that has better gameplay than UC !!! You cant then im the one isnt listening !! Sheeps... nuff said ! Whatever ... lol

Vanquish and Gears of War both have for more advanced and well designed gameplay than Uncharted.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By AzatiS

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@lostrib said:

@Wiimotefan said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

Well said

Vanquish and Gears of War both have for more advanced and well designed gameplay than Uncharted.

Omfg !!! Are you for real ! You comparing traditional third person shooters with UC ? Gtfo , you are out of your mind !

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 PurpleMan5000

@AzatiS: UC is a traditional TPS with contextual platforming thrown in. It really is nothing more than a corridor shooter at its bare bones. That is not to say the series is not excellent. It is.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By AzatiS

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@AzatiS: UC is a traditional TPS with contextual platforming thrown in. It really is nothing more than a corridor shooter at its bare bones. That is not to say the series is not excellent. It is.

You cant compare UC with a traditional Shooter ... sorry !

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 PurpleMan5000

@AzatiS said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

What games do you compare it to, then?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#100 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Lol what? you absolutely can. The primary source of enjoyment in that game is shooting dudes in the face. To make itself varied it throws in contextual platforming and puzzles a 4 year old can solve. It is every bit a shooter.