Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#101 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

When chicks have unrealistic portions in games such as

these snowflakes don't spit a word. But if the female is not sexy or a waifu they hide under the guise of "its not realistic". 🤣 Just say you don't want ugly chicks and own the fact that you are a pig. 😎

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

Muscle is unnecessary encumbrance, and if it came to that, there’s nothing muscles could take care of that a firearm couldn’t.

Mirko, I don't think you thought that one through man. 😂

Countless situations in and outside of combat where your fitness will be far more useful than a gun alone. Your moment to moment survival would be far more dependent on that, than the occasional clear shot in a scramble.

And if I'm wrong, hey, lets contact the special forces, seals, etc. and tell them to chill with all the strength training. Not needed, especially as they're less likely to be scarce on ammo and are most likely much better shots anyways. Why waste the time and energy?

-

Unless a person trains like an idiot, muscle mass will aid in speed and endurance up to a point. And would have to be really damn big, much bigger than Abby, before flexibility begins to be an issue.

Abby might not be an Olympic runner with her build, but she's certainly gonna do better than average joe out there. (as an aside, these fastest runners in the world aren't exactly twigs).

Maybe this would kind of matter if she just wanted to be the fastest runner in the zombie apocalypse, but I think being all around strong is probably the better choice here lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@Pedro said:

When chicks have unrealistic portions in games such as

these snowflakes don't spit a word. But if the female is not sexy or a waifu they hide under the guise of "its not realistic". 🤣 Just say you don't want ugly chicks and own the fact that you are a pig. 😎

I almost never picked Ivy when I played Soul Calibur 2 as a teenager. Always hated her design. And I hate Abby's design. Find it unrealistic for the setting, and yes, very unattractive. Wouldn't wanna play as a grotesque man either.

@MirkoS77 said:

Abby’s physique isn’t practical in such context, it’s non-sensical. You wouldn’t want to bulk up in that environment, because most of the time you’d be running your ass off to survive (just as Abby did before she was rescued), outnumbered. Muscle is unnecessary encumbrance, and if it came to that, there’s nothing muscles could take care of that a firearm couldn’t. Bulking up would be nothing but a waste of time, thin, lithe and agile would be your best chance.

Pretty much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
@ConanTheStoner said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Muscle is unnecessary encumbrance, and if it came to that, there’s nothing muscles could take care of that a firearm couldn’t.

Countless situations in and outside of combat where your fitness will be far more useful than a gun alone. Your moment to moment survival would be far more dependent on that, than the occasional clear shot in a scramble.

And if I'm wrong, hey, lets contact the special forces, seals, etc. and tell them to chill with all the strength training. Not needed, especially as they're less likely to be scarce on ammo and are most likely much better shots anyways. Why waste the time and energy?

-

Unless a person trains like an idiot, muscle mass will aid in speed and endurance up to a point. And would have to be really damn big, much bigger than Abby, before flexibility begins to be an issue.

Abby might not be an Olympic runner with her build, but she's certainly gonna do better than average joe out there. (as an aside, these fastest runners in the world aren't exactly twigs).

Maybe this would kind of matter if she just wanted to be the fastest runner in the zombie apocalypse, but I think being all around strong is probably the better choice here lol.

You do know that soldiers can lose their jobs if they become too muscular, right? I knew someone in the Air Force who had to cut down because he was becoming too big. Abby is bigger than him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

I love muscular women, though. Have a few nude sets I've fapped to. Naughty Dog is just shit at it, because they're trying too hard to make a point.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@ezekiel43 said:

You do know that soldiers can lose their jobs if they become too muscular, right? I knew someone in the Air Force who had to cut down because he was becoming too big. Abby is bigger than him.

Did not know actually, though a quick Google image search shows plenty of soldiers, especially in the previously mentioned organizations, that are significantly more muscular. And considering the fact that there are body builders in the military, yeah seems like a stretch man.

Searching "too muscular for military" I'm coming up with weight limits. As in they assume the person is overweight in a bad way until measurements are taken. Would need to look into that further, but it doesn't seem like an issue with being too muscular lol.

Still, the argument that being fit in the apocalypse is a bad thing, seems a bit silly right?

Also, probably the weirdest SW argument I've been in, what am I doing with my life.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@MirkoS77 said:

-

I agree, up to a point but Abby is far past that.

Special Forces don't do strength training for hand to hand combat, they do it because the nature of their job is intensely physical with all the gear they must carry, the geography they must traverse, and the distances they must travel on their operations. I'm no military expert, but I'm fairly certain that hand to hand combat is a secondary (and last) consideration to their main weapons. No, I think moment to moment survival would be far more dependent on evasion in such an apocalypse where you have masses of infected roaming the land. If you get to the point where a bullet wouldn't help ya, you're more than likely FUBAR'ed.

But eh, I think this is a moot point anyway as I believe Abby's design has nothing to do with the world she inhabits at all, but is predominantly ideologically driven, and ND's statements, affiliations and actions evidence as much. But that's another topic I've made my peace on and moved on from.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#108 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

They modeled the body after a woman... who spends nearly all day every day weight training and body building as a full time job. Then removed the tits and put a face on it best suited for radio to push a social/political narrative. Yeah... not realistic. And those trying to compare to Mario or Ivy from Soul Calibur leave out the fact that neither creator of either of those characters are even remotely trying to be realistic. TLOU2 is.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Did not know actually, though a quick Google image search shows plenty of soldiers, especially in the previously mentioned organizations, that are significantly more muscular. And considering the fact that there are body builders in the military, yeah seems like a stretch man.

Searching "too muscular for military" I'm coming up with weight limits. As in they assume the person is overweight in a bad way until measurements are taken. Would need to look into that further, but it doesn't seem like an issue with being too muscular lol.

Still, the argument that being fit in the apocalypse is a bad thing, seems a bit silly right?

Also, probably the weirdest SW argument I've been in, what am I doing with my life.

You haven't seen nothing yet😂🤭

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@fastnslowww said:

Last of us board game...... move along people.

@i_p_daily said:

How sad and funny at the same time, ND lets you cows down again lol

MS: We bought Bethesda

Your move Sony

Sony: We're releasing a TLOU2 board game...

lol, that was just yesterday's appetizer. today's announcement is the main course!

So how was the main course? it was more like scraps from the bin outside LMFAO.

So while we're getting the megatons over here, team Sony are is getting a board game and some merchandise...

So i guess ND lied again because ain't none of that exciting lol.

Please don't respond, save yourself from even more embarrassment.

At least Playstation has gotten games in the last several years lmao

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 jcrame10

@ezekiel43 said:

@jcrame10: She's also not female, because females don't have bodies like that. If you removed all her muscles, she'd still have the upper body and shoulders of a man. She has bigger shoulders and arms than Colleen Fotsch, the model she is supposedly modeled after.

I don't even know how she'd get that buff in an apocalypse, with food limited and steroids on very short supply. Why would you even waste that much time and protein training when every day is a test of survival? I would be scavenging, hunting, building a fort, setting up defenses, maintaining defenses, foraging, checking rations, farming... Not spend ten hours a day lifting.

if you had actually played the game you'd know that Abby lives in a well supplied and well guarded military style compound with a very nice gym.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 jcrame10

@ConanTheStoner said:

Quote got busted for some reason.

@ezekiel43I don't even know how she'd get that buff in an apocalypse, with food limited and steroids on very short supply. Why would you even waste that much time and protein training when every day is a test of survival? I would be scavenging, hunting, building a fort, setting up defenses, maintaining defenses, foraging, checking rations, farming... Not spend ten hours a day lifting.

Yeah man, it's honestly not some wild thing. Not sure why this constantly comes up, can only assume a lot of gamers don't hit the gym. (not directed at you, but in general).

Disclaimer, I give no shits about the game, story, or characters.

But from what I understand, the game clearly shows that Abby has access to a nice facility and plenty of resources. Not some unrealistic thing, there would obviously be the haves and have nots of the world. Especially considering it's over two decades after the outbreak.

They have a way of life now, relatively hard as it may be, it's not some day zero scramble to survive.

Not sure why limited food is brought up either. It's not some post-nuclear wasteland, wildlife hasn't been decimated.

Protein intake for muscle building is much more reasonable than gamers seem to think, and as long as you get a good ratio while maintaining a caloric surplus, your training will translate to gains in muscle mass. The only reason why I ever hit supplements while training was a matter of convenience, can easily get what you need through your diet and it's actually preferable.

And uh, yeah, I'm guessing you're just joking, but lifting 10 hrs a day would be counterproductive. 90 mins a day, 6 days a week tends to be the sweet spot, especially on a push/pull/legs split. 60 mins can be good enough. Going past 2 hrs (regularly) will usually be a waste or even a detriment. This varies from person to person, on the more extreme end some can benefit with workouts up to 4 hrs a day. But that's pushing it. And they usually wouldn't be lifting that long, more like following up your lifting with conditioning. One of my boxing buds does this, but more like 3 hrs.

Also not sure why being fit in a survival scenario seems like a weird goal. It's practical. I only train because it feels good and it's like cheat codes for pulling women. I think I'd be even more motivated if my life depended on it while I'm planning for revenge in a dangerous world.

As for the roids talk, not something I really know about, so forgive me if I'm mistaken. But I'm pretty sure if all these uneducated non-chemist bums can create and sell black market roids, probably not a stretch. Neither here nor there though.

-

For Abby specifically, the fictional character made of polygons, no way to say if she has the genetics for that build to be achievable lol. But that's how they designed her character, it's not unrealistic, and it's certainly not the biggest suspension of disbelief required for that universe.

He knows 0% about health or fitness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@jcrame10 said:
@ezekiel43 said:

@jcrame10: She's also not female, because females don't have bodies like that. If you removed all her muscles, she'd still have the upper body and shoulders of a man. She has bigger shoulders and arms than Colleen Fotsch, the model she is supposedly modeled after.

I don't even know how she'd get that buff in an apocalypse, with food limited and steroids on very short supply. Why would you even waste that much time and protein training when every day is a test of survival? I would be scavenging, hunting, building a fort, setting up defenses, maintaining defenses, foraging, checking rations, farming... Not spend ten hours a day lifting.

if you had actually played the game you'd know that Abby lives in a well supplied and well guarded military style compound with a very nice gym.

Don't really see any reason TO play it. Knowing this woman lacking in any femininity (because being womanly and attractive is toxic somehow, which is why the other character had her breasts shrunken from the model and why Chloe looked more plain after her writer's departure) beats Joel to death and that the girl he struggled so much to protect is broken by the end makes me wanna play it less. When Druckman isn't going out of his way to make women appear strong and men weak (first Nadine beating Nate up and then Abby beating Joel to death), he's trying to make this big deal about lesbians. I never had a problem with lesbians and gays to begin with, but opening one of your first trailers with a kiss is lame and makes your intentions so obvious. I can't think of any other video game trailer or non-romance movie trailer that opened with a kiss. The Wachoski's Bound trailer didn't linger on a kiss for thirty seconds just because the two main characters were lesbians/bi. Brokeback Mountain's trailer didn't either, because it would have undermined what that movie was trying to say about acceptance. Druckman is so self-righteous.

I was being hyperbolic when I said ten hours a day, if that wasn't obvious. Abby is bigger than most female athletes, though. While I find muscular women attractive, Abby is extreme. She has the upper body of a male body builder. Her muscles go beyond practicality. One of my favorite characters, Tony Soprano, isn't attractive either, but he has that soulful face and sympathetic body language. There's nothing visually appealing about Abby.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

Came in hoping to see complaints that ND sucks for not releasing/announcing MP.

Unpleasantly surprised to see dudes debating what makes a woman feminine.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

This. Sigh..

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45094 Posts

@lhughey said:
@shellcase86 said:

This. Sigh..

Apparently Druckmann left us with a tease..

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#117 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@jcrame10 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@fastnslowww said:

Last of us board game...... move along people.

@i_p_daily said:

Your move Sony

lol, that was just yesterday's appetizer. today's announcement is the main course!

So while we're getting the megatons over here, team Sony are is getting a board game and some merchandise...

So you're trying to say that MS hasn't released any Xbox games for the past 3yrs?

Do you want to have a do over and try again?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 jcrame10

@i_p_daily said:
@jcrame10 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:

Your move Sony

So you're trying to say that MS hasn't released any Xbox games for the past 3yrs?

Do you want to have a do over and try again?

Gears 5? Bleeding Edge? ....Crackdown 3? All yikes.

Least they got Ori and the Will of the Wisps...that's on Switch now though soooo

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By jcrame10

@ezekiel43 said:
@jcrame10 said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Don't really see any reason TO play it. Knowing this woman lacking in any femininity (because being womanly and attractive is toxic somehow, which is why the other character had her breasts shrunken from the model and why Chloe looked more plain after her writer's departure) beats Joel to death and that the girl he struggled so much to protect is broken by the end makes me wanna play it less. When Druckman isn't going out of his way to make women appear strong and men weak (first Nadine beating Nate up and then Abby beating Joel to death), he's trying to make this big deal about lesbians. I never had a problem with lesbians and gays to begin with, but opening one of your first trailers with a kiss is lame and makes your intentions so obvious. I can't think of any other video game trailer or non-romance movie trailer that opened with a kiss. The Wachoski's Bound trailer didn't linger on a kiss for thirty seconds just because the two main characters were lesbians/bi. Brokeback Mountain's trailer didn't either, because it would have undermined what that movie was trying to say about acceptance. Druckman is so self-righteous.

I was being hyperbolic when I said ten hours a day, if that wasn't obvious. Abby is bigger than most female athletes, though. While I find muscular women attractive, Abby is extreme. She has the upper body of a male body builder. Her muscles go beyond practicality. One of my favorite characters, Tony Soprano, isn't attractive either, but he has that soulful face and sympathetic body language. There's nothing visually appealing about Abby.

Sounds like a bunch of personal issues and not much to do with the game itself.

It's pretty strange you're going to play or not play a game based on how attractive the female protagonists are, some might even call that a little sexist.

Doubt you have even proof to back up your nonsense about Cascina Caradonna and how Dina's character model is portrayed (she has a very nice ass in game, so, dafuq?). Do you know her personally and know her bust size?

The game really has nothing to do with lesbians or gays or anything, there is ONE scene in the entire game between Dina and Ellie and they don't show them doing anything but kissing. Yet the game gets a full heterosex scene between Owen and Abby. So again you're crying over nothing.

There's plenty of women who look like Abby, whether someone finds it attractive or not all comes down to personal preference and opinion. If you don't that's fine but it doesn't mean it's unrealistic or a bad game because of it.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@lhughey said:
@shellcase86 said:

This. Sigh..

Apparently Druckmann left us with a tease..

Oooooo, I missed that, thanks for sharing!