Naughty Dog damage controlling TLOU Remake "its not a $70 cash grab" (please believe them).

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I will admit...It's been a joy reading through all the hate for Druckmann and ND, especially following the colossal disappointment of Last of Us 2.

TLOU2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo Infinite.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#102 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I will admit...It's been a joy reading through all the hate for Druckmann and ND, especially following the colossal disappointment of Last of Us 2.

Still lives rent free. You poor soul. :(

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#103 Gifford38  Online
Member since 2020 • 7162 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: rent free or not it's true. 343 wishes it has half the talent of naughty dog. But again it's the only answer you guys have with him.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Gifford38  Online

Should be 70 bucks nope. But it's not a waste of time when they had a small team working on it to get there engine up to next gen. Drunkman already confirmed they are working on 2 other games. One being fractions.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Dude, this company needs a beta to test a coop feature, something that's been in the series since the very beginning. 343i is a massive puke emoji.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@gifford38 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: rent free or not it's true. 343 wishes it has half the talent of naughty dog. But again it's the only answer you guys have with him.

Oh yes, talented folks like Druckmann. lol

@hardwenzen said:

Dude, this company needs a beta to test a coop feature, something that's been in the series since the very beginning. 343i is a massive puke emoji.

Never knew a game could trigger someone this much. lol

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Gifford38  Online

@Stevo_the_gamer: lol that is another lame comeback to defend the crappy developer that was going to release halo the way it was before the year delay until even Xbox fans backlash them.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@gifford38: you're wrong, hes not drunkman, he's drugsman. There is no way someone sober would trash a game like tlou into tlou2.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@gifford38 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: lol that is another lame comeback to defend the crappy developer that was going to release halo the way it was before the year delay until even Xbox fans backlash them.

Not sure how calling out Druckmann and the disappointment of Last of Us 2 in a thread about Last of Us has anything to do with defending Halo, but the deflection and being triggered is hilarious. You'll be okay, it's just a video game. Lol

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

As much as I don't always agree with hardwenzen, he ain't wrong.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Halo infinite 9 out of 10

TLOU2 8 out of 10

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1005 Posts

I dont think its a cash grab at all. For me im going to grab my cash and buy the game. Im sure it will be much better than the ps3 version and the remastered ps4 version and because of the story i will overall enjoy it more than tlou2.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44060 Posts

lol :P

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

So how is the MP in TLOU2 coming along?

Guess this cash grab is more important than a feature that has been promised for a long while now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

Guess this cash grab is more important than a feature that has been promised for a long while now.

A full stand alone is being made. Exponentially bigger and most certainly better than TLOU1 multiplayer. Nice try🤡

More people will be playing tlou2 multiplayer than Halo Infinite, what used to be the biggest console shooter there was. Its sad what has happened to Halo. MS's fault for letting 343i create more than armor skins for the game, tho.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 blaznwiipspman1

@davillain said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

As much as I don't always agree with hardwenzen, he ain't wrong.

hardwenzen is wrong almost 95% of the time...and thats on a good day. I played through 10-15 hours of tlou2 and I can say its a good game, but compared to tlou1?? Its missing that spark, and the story line does more to piss people off than anything else.

Besides, GS gave tlou2 an 8, and gave halo infinite a 9. According to numbers 9 >>>> 8. Let it sink in.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DaVillain  Moderator

@blaznwiipspman1: Look, I enjoy Halo: Infinite as the next guy and have always been a Halo fan too. But I can't overlook how pathetic 343 has done to this wonderful franchise after Bungie left and doing a half-ass job with Halo: Infinite is unacceptable.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By SecretPolice  Online

@davillain said:

@blaznwiipspman1: Look, I enjoy Halo: Infinite as the next guy and have always been a Halo fan too. But I can't overlook how pathetic 343 has done to this wonderful franchise after Bungie left and doing a half-ass job with Halo: Infinite is unacceptable.

GS scores for Halo after 343i took over the IP

Halo 4.... 9/10

Halo 5... 8/10

Halo: Infinite... 9/10

Pretty pathetic indeed. ;o

lol :P

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 blaznwiipspman1

@davillain said:

halo infinite is a fantastic game. 343 nailed it, and tons of people have been praising it. Could it have been better? YES, nobody will disagree with you there. They botched the multiplayer, by not adding enough maps, being slow on the updates, no coop and no forge either. Theres tons they could have done better and theres always some truth coming from the haters. I personally would have loved to see a larger over world, and different biomes.

343i is working on it, on all of these things and they're making improvements. That doesn't change the fact that the halo infinite campaign is fantastic start to finish. The multiplayer is also great, the foundation is solid. They delivered on the basics of a great halo game, now they're working on the extras.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 DaVillain  Moderator

@SecretPolice: What can I say, I'm a hidden cow/hermit😉

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 SecretPolice  Online

@davillain:

Ya know I just like to mess around my friend, it's all good. ;)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

@SecretPolice: Halo: Infinite in the hearts and minds of people everywhere. Hail to the King baby! :)

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#123 Simonthekid7
Member since 2014 • 981 Posts

I think 70 dollars is too much. Especially for players who owns the previous game version.

They should remaster some of their older games instead. Like Porsche Challenge or Motor Toon GP 2.

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Simonthekid7

Other remakes of old Ps1 games which would be cool:

Colony Wars
G-Police
Syphon Filter
Wipeout

Some of the games were not SCEA / SEJ / SCEE games. They were games from Psygnosis. but they were sort of typical Playstation games even though Wipeout was also available for Saturn and they also did Wipeout 64.

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Simonthekid7

What about remakes of Ps2 games? Any requests? Dark Cloud perhaps?

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Simonthekid7

No no the best game is neither Halo Infinite nor The Last of Us II.

It is obviously Homefront Revolution. Wow what a game! Multi platform rules!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

A full stand alone is being made. Exponentially bigger and most certainly better than TLOU1 multiplayer. Nice try🤡

More people will be playing tlou2 multiplayer than Halo Infinite, what used to be the biggest console shooter there was. Its sad what has happened to Halo. MS's fault for letting 343i create more than armor skins for the game, tho.

So you already got to play it? Cool.

And I doubt more than 20 million people will play it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 hardwenzen  Online

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

If its F2P, its easy to "play it". Now lets see how many people stuck with Infinite🤭🤭🤭

Bragging about the amount of accounts made is laughable. Infinite has no staying power, and if TLOU2 multi is what i think it'll be like, it will have the staying power needed. Will it be a Fartnite killer? No. But since when is TLOU multiplayer was supposed to compete with the biggest shooters around? Never. Halo on the other hand😆

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#129 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12948 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Halo Infinite>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TLOU2

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 KvallyX
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

If its F2P, its easy to "play it". Now lets see how many people stuck with Infinite🤭🤭🤭

Bragging about the amount of accounts made is laughable. Infinite has no staying power, and if TLOU2 multi is what i think it'll be like, it will have the staying power needed. Will it be a Fartnite killer? No. But since when is TLOU multiplayer was supposed to compete with the biggest shooters around? Never. Halo on the other hand😆

Any word if ND will ever finish TLOU2? We have been waiting years.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 hardwenzen  Online

@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

TLOU2 has more and way better content than 3 Halo Infinite combined. Its stand alone multiplayer will bury the 17 players left on Halo Infinite servers. Dat Season 2 last six months, tho. OOF

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

TLOU2 has more and way better content than 3 Halo Infinite combined. Its stand alone multiplayer will bury the 17 players left on Halo Infinite servers. Dat Season 2 last six months, tho. OOF

I too am bummed that ND has taken so many years to finish TLOU2 :(

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

Lol where was this outrage when shadow of the colossus did this?

Guess some guys just cant stand sony giving their customers more content

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#134 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

@jsmoke03 said:

Good point. Shadow of the Colossus remake on PS4 was actually a huge improvement though. This game may have a lot of effort going into it as well as they are updating the AI to be like TLOU 2 (I said this earlier in the thread as well).
I think this one is more of a cash grab because the PS4 edition of this game was good enough to a lot of people and they are looking for new IPs. A lot of the younger gamers missed out on Shadow of the Colossus and it deserves recognition.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 KvallyX

@mazuiface said:
@jsmoke03 said:

Good point. Shadow of the Colossus remake on PS4 was actually a huge improvement though. This game may have a lot of effort going into it as well as they are updating the AI to be like TLOU 2 (I said this earlier in the thread as well).

I think this one is more of a cash grab because the PS4 edition of this game was good enough to a lot of people and they are looking for new IPs. A lot of the younger gamers missed out on Shadow of the Colossus and it deserves recognition.

Shadow is awesome.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#136 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69450 Posts

@jsmoke03: Is it more content if it is the same game?🤔

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#137 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Pedro said:

@jsmoke03: Is it more content if it is the same game?🤔

It's less content by virtue of dropping the multiplayer.

"hur durr but their new mp might be bigger".......except with no guarantee if it will have the same maps, same meta, and gameplay stuff that made the first games mp fun. Added bonus we don't even know the busienss model of their new mp game. Where as 2013 ass last of us and 2014 ass remaster, was the campaign+a functioning and surprisingly good multiplayer.

Goons out here making excuses for a cash grab.

1. The game already looks good
2. The game is already well decorated
3. You can already play that game with BC on your new machine
4. It's gonna be full priced, maybe 10 dollars higher than what was full price when the origina launched ,with again, half the content gone.
5. It is fundamentally taking resources away from the studio spending money on making new content, new ip, or a sequel.
6. All of its potential major gameplay improvements will be shit the 2nd game already has going for it (with a better story to boot, suck my nuts system wars)

There is 0 creative justification for it that doesn't paint the creators as being a bit bankrupt in that department, and financially yeah sure it will print money. Hence, cash grab. Might have some TLC, passion, and polish behind it? Sure. A well made cash grab, still a cash grab.

MurphyMoen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By MurphyMoen
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

Nice deal, going to buy.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#139 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8853 Posts

@hardwenzen: It's a cash grab, cultist.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 DaVillain  Moderator

@murphymoen: Do not bump old threads that have passed 30 days without a reply to the thread at hand unless you have vital updates to add of course.