Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#51 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@mowgly1: If it is blocked or not blocked 🤷🏽‍♂️. But it is clear that you will lose your shit if it goes through.😂

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts
@mowgly1 said:
@sargentd said:

Yeah. You can't be leading an industry in sales, buying up studios yourself like Bungie and then bitching it's unfair your competition is acquiring studios.

Sony doesn't have a leg to stand on. They are just salty that MS is making up a lot of lost ground from last gen.

Do better Sony

Sony literally announced that all future Bungie games will be on Xbox, unlikeMS with Bethesda and now MS mudding the waters with Activision

That has nothing to do with Sony. It's the only way Bungie would allow it, it was part of the deal. What kind of dipshit spends 3 BILLION on a company and they can't even have exclusivity of it's content?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 HalcyonScarlet
@mowgly1 said:
@Pedro said:
@mowgly1 said:

They have. If game is on Gamepass it must be on PS+. And asshole Phil surely won't allow that.

That CANNOT be mandated and you just spun the article.🤭

Yes it can. UK regulators can mandate that if Phil wants to deal goes through. Also, you said they have no grounds. Bye bye MS, Xbox and its dumb community. MS fucked themselves blocking all future Bethesda games from other consoles :

Not really, that was one example, another is how they kept Minecraft multiplatform. Showing that if it makes financial sense, they'll keep a game multiplatform.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

If Disney was allowed to buy Marvel AND Star Wars this deal should sail through regardless of how the UK feels.

They'll make a big stink but they won't block it because Xbox and Activision could sue and make it a bigger issue. There are business interests in the UK that benefit from this, I don't see it being blocked.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#55  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@Pedro said:
@mowgly1 said:

They have. If game is on Gamepass it must be on PS+. And asshole Phil surely won't allow that.

Yes it can. UK regulators can mandate that if Phil wants to deal goes through. Also, you said they have no grounds. Bye bye MS, Xbox and its dumb community. MS fucked themselves blocking all future Bethesda games from other consoles :

Not really, that was one example, another is how they kept Minecraft multiplatform. Showing that if it makes financial sense, they'll keep a game multiplatform.

They mentioned Elders Scroll as just one example. UK regulators knows that all future Bethesda games are locked from PS and Nintendo

They won't. As Jim Ryan said that Phil Spencer told him privately only 3 more years after marketing deal. Then bye, bye PS.

That has nothing to do with Sony. It's the only way Bungie would allow it, it was part of the deal. What kind of dipshit spends 3 BILLION on a company and they can't even have exclusivity of it's content?

Is MS a dipshit if they keep COD multiplatform then? :/

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mowgly1

@Pedro said:

@mowgly1: If it is blocked or not blocked 🤷🏽‍♂️. But it is clear that you will lose your shit if it goes through.😂

It will be blocked. Bet that bunch of Xbox fans will go to mental asylum after that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Pedro

@mowgly1 said:

It will be blocked. Bet that bunch of Xbox fans will go to mental asylum after that.

Then I am correct that you are going to lose your shit if it goes through.😂

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HalcyonScarlet

@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@Pedro said:
@mowgly1 said:

They mentioned Elders Scroll as just one example. UK regulators knows that all future Bethesda games are locked from PS and Nintendo

They won't. As Jim Ryan said that Phil Spencer told him privately only 3 more years after marketing deal. Then bye, bye PS.

MS doesn't have a problem releasing games on Nintendo platforms. If Nintendo made a more powerful Switch, I'm sure it would get Elder Scrolls 6.

If MS them selves "chose" to keep CoD multiplat, then that's just good business.

But that's not the case with Sony. It was built into the deal that all future games will remain multiplat. So how are they worth 3.7 billion? Sony paid that, they need to have control over exclusivity in the least.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mowgly1

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@Pedro said:

MS doesn't have a problem releasing games on Nintendo platforms. If Nintendo made a more powerful Switch, I'm sure it would get Elder Scrolls 6.

If MS them selves "chose" to keep CoD multiplat, then that's just good business.

But that's not the case with Sony. It was built into the deal that all future games will remain multiplat. So how are they worth 3.7 billion? Sony paid that, they need to have control over exclusivity in the least.

Sure it doesn't have a problem to release games on Switch. :/ Looks like you forgot what they've said after Ori and Blind Forest

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/microsoft-has-no-plans-to-release-more-xbox-exclusives-on-ps4-or-nintendo-switch

They WON'T release any future Bethesda games on PS and Nintendo. As they've confirmed that :

https://www.eurogamer.net/phil-spencer-says-future-bethesda-games-will-be-exclusive-to-platforms-where-game-pass-exists

And Sony and Nintendo WON'T allow Gamepass on their platform. EOD. And that will happen with COD on PS after 3 years.

They are worth because Destiny 2 and its DLCs are selling great and has a huge player base

Sony wanted Bungie because their GAAS expertise first and foremost.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 HalcyonScarlet

@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:

Sure it doesn't have a problem to release games on Switch. :/ Looks like you forgot what they've said after Ori and Blind Forest

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/microsoft-has-no-plans-to-release-more-xbox-exclusives-on-ps4-or-nintendo-switch

They WON'T release any future Bethesda games on PS and Nintendo. As they've confirmed that :

https://www.eurogamer.net/phil-spencer-says-future-bethesda-games-will-be-exclusive-to-platforms-where-game-pass-exists

And Sony and Nintendo WON'T allow Gamepass on their platform. EOD. And that will happen with COD on PS after 3 years.

They are worth because Destiny 2 and its DLCs are selling great and has a huge player base

Sony wanted Bungie because their GAAS expertise first and foremost.

So they paid 3.7 billion for... Consultants? :-S

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#62 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

I'm looking forward to what Microsoft will do with this acquisition.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@mycatismilk said:

You’re looking forward to multiple studios and projects being run into the ground?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12948 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

So they paid 3.7 billion for... Consultants? :-S

Oof.

@mycatismilk said:

Based on their history, we are in for a treat!

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

@randy_lahey said:
@mycatismilk said:

You’re looking forward to multiple studios and projects being run into the ground?

That's complete conjecture unless you have factually based evidences that Microsoft is notorious for doing such thing. If you're basing your comment completely off of brand loyalty, I have nothing further to add.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

They want to keep these around ^^^ lol

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1005 Posts

Sony might of bought Bungie but they are nowhere near the level Activision is. Plus Sony started releasing a lot of their exclusives on PC that even Xbox players can play. Sony keeping destiny from Xbox players is not on a level that Xbox will keep all those games from Activision off a Nintendo or Sony console. Activision didn't make a game exclusive to a console for a reason.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Randy_Lahey

@mycatismilk said:
@randy_lahey said:
@mycatismilk said:

That's complete conjecture unless you have factually based evidences that Microsoft is notorious for doing such thing. If you're basing your comment completely off of brand loyalty, I have nothing further to add.

Brand loyalty? I’ve owned every console each generation and pc. I go to where the best, most consistently high quality games can be found and it hasn’t been Xbox. They sure have a fighting chance now that they’ve bought half the worlds successful ips but if rare or 343i even the coalition have any bearing on the future I see nothing but stagnant ips to be released on gamepass. MS can’t manage a project worth a damn and nor do they care. They only care about the number of subs

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Im confused, did a higher up just admit that his company is doing bad that they are coming in 4th or 5th place. Well there you Have it lems, people at MS think they are doing badly to the almighty Playstation.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Xbox can only become “competitive” through acquisitions and spending. They have a long track record of trying, and failing to correct their position in the industry on their own. Nadella is all but telling everyone that they’re out of ideas of how to compete with PlayStation and Nintendo. There’s nothing wrong with Xbox spending money and acquiring studios. Big Microsoft has the means to do it, and it’s not in the governments scope of power to block such a deal. For entertainment sake, I wouldn’t mind seeing the deal go through just to see if it has an impact. It would be HILARIOUS for SW purposes if Xbox stayed 3rd in every metric in 2023 and beyond. Then again, I’m sure Lems would find yet another way to wiggle free from further embarrassment. They are all over this board, and social media trying to tell people what a “value” Xbox is this gen. The masses don’t seem to care. Further rejection of Xbox would send Lems in a spin cycle the world has never seen.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Randy_Lahey

@goldenelementxl said:

Xbox can only become “competitive” through acquisitions and spending. They have a long track record of trying, and failing to correct their position in the industry on their own.

Correct.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#72 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12948 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Xbox can only become “competitive” through acquisitions and spending. They have a long track record of trying, and failing to correct their position in the industry on their own. Nadella is all but telling everyone that they’re out of ideas of how to compete with PlayStation and Nintendo. There’s nothing wrong with Xbox spending money and acquiring studios. Big Microsoft has the means to do it, and it’s not in the governments scope of power to block such a deal. For entertainment sake, I wouldn’t mind seeing the deal go through just to see if it has an impact. It would be HILARIOUS for SW purposes if Xbox stayed 3rd in every metric in 2023 and beyond. Then again, I’m sure Lems would find yet another way to wiggle free from further embarrassment. They are all over this board, and social media trying to tell people what a “value” Xbox is this gen. The masses don’t seem to care. Further rejection of Xbox would send Lems in a spin cycle the world has never seen.

Well we already know that Sony complained that MS already has 70% of the global subscription market. It will only go up from here.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@goldenelementxl: Do you honestly think any gamer is embarrassed about how many consoles have been sold? It’s laughable to hear people like you cheer when figures come up saying your lump of plastic has outsold another.

The only time I cared about sales was when I spent an absolute fortune on a 3do imported…and even then it was only because I could see it wasn’t going to be supported in the future. You suggesting the same is going to happen to Xbox?

Laughable.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Pedro

It is weird when folks non ironically believe that people get embarrassed on behalf of a console.😂 That is a clear signal that you need to take a break.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts
@sealionact said:

@goldenelementxl: Do you honestly think any gamer is embarrassed about how many consoles have been sold? It’s laughable to hear people like you cheer when figures come up saying your lump of plastic has outsold another.

The only time I cared about sales was when I spent an absolute fortune on a 3do imported…and even then it was only because I could see it wasn’t going to be supported in the future. You suggesting the same is going to happen to Xbox?

Laughable.

You missed the “for SW purposes” parts of my post.

As a 3DO owner myself, that stuff never mattered to me. The topic is only semi-interesting with Xbox because of the “consumer friendly” strategy they’ve deployed as a hail mary for market share. Sales figures and software numbers show us how the consumers are responding. The Xbox Series consoles will end up trailing previous consoles launch aligned. (If it weren’t for Japan, the Xbox Series consoles would be trailing the Xbox One by nearly a quarter million consoles) Their revenue numbers aren’t following the growth trends of the gaming industry. Game Pass subs have stalled. We literally have no indication that consumers are responding to any of this goodwill outside of a few VERY vocal folks on this board and on social media.

None of that makes FH5 any less fun. It won’t make my kids find Roblox or those younger audience games on Game Pass any less enjoyable. We can discuss market performance independent of fun, value, quality etc. Unfortunately for a few here, folks seem to take any discussion of Xbox market performance as a personal attack. Others want to ignore it altogether. On a board called System Wars… Make it make sense…