My oh my, can MS be stopped?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44038 Posts

X1S is the deal of the holidays for those into this stuff.

If X1S does 4K and all this, unholy cow, Mighty Scorpio is gonna be almost scary.

So, what you waiting for? Run don't walk and snap up an X1S before they're all gone. lol :P

Any thoughts?

The Story.

----

Xbox One Is the First Console to Support Dolby's 3D Sound Technology, Atmos

Audophiles are in for a treat.

After confirming it earlier this year, Microsoft today officially announced that bitstream audio pass-through, including Dolby Atmos, will be available on Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs next year.

Dolby Atmos is an audio feature that claims to offer more precise sound. "You can hear where your allies and enemies are in three-dimensional space, Dolby gaming director Spencer Hooks said in a post on the Xbox Wire. "Snipers on the roof? You'll hear them over your left shoulder and know where to aim to take them out. The same goes for an attacker with a jet pack hovering behind you."

The Xbox One is the first gaming console to support Dolby Atmos. Hooks said developers are "excited about using the new capabilities to make their games richer and more engaging." You will need a Dolby Atmos-supported speaker system or soundbar to hear the benefits. Alternatively, it will work with "virtually any pair of headphones," Hooks said.

Xbox Insiders can try out Atmos support via the Blu-ray player right now. It will become available for everyone across Xbox One and PC sometime in 2017, possibly as part of the Creators Update.

"At team Xbox, we are all gamers first, and bringing Dolby Atmos support to Xbox One and Windows 10 gaming next year will bring you even further inside the action and sound of your favorite titles," Xbox platform engineering boss Mike Ybarra said. "A big thank you to the team at Dolby for their partnership; we're excited to share more with the Xbox community next year."

Microsoft also confirmed today that the bespoke bitstream pass-through feature is out now on Xbox One for Insiders. "This feature enables all Xbox consoles to pass Blu-ray audio data untouched to a user's audio equipment, allowing your audio receiver or other audio device to produce a high quality, immersive sound experience," Microsoft said, adding that this was a top-requested feature.

Detailed instructions for how to enable bitstream pass-through on Xbox One are available here.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Incoming cows to say that its not worth it and a waste

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Yeah MS is on a roll. What with open-sourcing the .NET platform; plus Visual Studio is a top-notch IDE... Wait what are we talking about?

j/k I'm sure the Xbox brand is doing alright too. How much does one of those Dolby Atmos-supported systems cost?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44038 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

Yeah MS is on a roll. What with open-sourcing the .NET platform; plus Visual Studio is a top-notch IDE... Wait what are we talking about?

j/k I'm sure the Xbox brand is doing alright too. How much does one of those Dolby Atmos-supported systems cost?

Phhffft, don't ask me, I'm just real bored and spouting off all kinds of crazy. lol :P

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

what? MS aint even moving

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@thedork_knight said:

Incoming cows to say that its not worth it and a waste

Why would they, you just said it for them.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Congrats to MS, this should help them get the 30mill to catch up to the PS4 :P . Watching Lems get excited over the little things is cute :)

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thedork_knight

@daredevils2k said:

Congrats to MS, this should help them get the 30mill to catch up to the PS4 :P . Watching Lems get excited over the little things is cute :)

Does the 30mil help you enjoy your games anymore? The atmos will help the lems enjoy their's more. End of story

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#9 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

MS is just unstoppable! 30 million consoles sold, finally winning NPDs, UK's and Australia's, and killer exclusives, backwards compat, blu-ray UHD player. Good lord, they are in BEAST mode now with this atmos support too.

Empties full bottle of ky on wiener.....

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

Cute, but I prefer games to nice sound.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 daredevils2k

@thedork_knight said:
@daredevils2k said:

Does the 30mil help you enjoy your games anymore? The atmos will help the lems enjoy their's more. End of story

This comment made me laugh. According to this Lem, Sound is the flava of the month. What will it be next month, USb type?

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thedork_knight

@daredevils2k said:
@thedork_knight said:
@daredevils2k said:

This comment made me laugh. According to this Lem, Sound is the flava of the month. What will it be next month, USb type?

The fact that its being introduced and its completely free means that i get to enjoy my games even more, like graphics makes the experience more involving so does the sound. Thinking you've just a little jealous that you dont get to experience it, but if the PS4 was getting it, it be the best thing ever

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kvally

Funny how the same crowd will turn things into a negative. So you have a console with great games, and then the company adds BC, and it's a negative. The company adds 4K upscale and UHD player, and it's a negative. The company adds Atmos, and it's a negative. The company lets you play your games on multiple devices, and it's a negative. The company lowers the price and bundles in games, and it's a negative. The company brings out new IPs, and it's a negative. The company sells more consoles than it has the previous two consoles, and it's a negative. I imagine if they started giving out free blow jobs from Selena Gomez, that would be a negative.

Let's look at the bright side, I saved a bunch of money at the grocery store last night by using a coupon, and the store clerk entered it twice. Now THAT is a positive.

Actually, that is a negative amount added to my positive balance. Never mind, that was a negative too.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By daredevils2k

@thedork_knight said:
@daredevils2k said:
@thedork_knight said:
@daredevils2k said:

The fact that its being introduced and its completely free means that i get to enjoy my games even more, like graphics makes the experience more involving so does the sound. Thinking you've just a little jealous that you dont get to experience it, but if the PS4 was getting it, it be the best thing ever

I'm sorry but I do my main gaming on a pc, so I've already been experiencing the sound that you are so excited for lol. It must be nice to be playing catch up

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

I had no idea Dolby Atmos was so important to gamers. I guess I'm just a simple man with simple tastes, I thought the audio sounded fine as it has been til now.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kvally

@daredevils2k: better than not having it

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Yes this is a massive deal for anyone caring about sound in their games. Good work Microsoft, they are the most consumer focused games Studio out right now, have been for years.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

LOL I love the ms pr shill team.PS4 has supported bitstream audio since day 1. I've been using atmos with my supported blu rays since it came out. None of the games support atmos right now.

Once developers include an atmos track, the PS4 will work, as it supports bitstream audio and has since day 1. What the **** is wrong with leMS?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kvally said:

MS is just unstoppable! 30 million consoles sold, finally winning NPDs, UK's and Australia's, and killer exclusives, backwards compat, blu-ray UHD player. Good lord, they are in BEAST mode now with this atmos support too.

30 million do you have a link for that.?

Also is not the first MS wins NPD or a few weeks in UK,in fact MS won November and December 2014 NPD.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Perfect timing for me, Gettign an Atmos setup in the new year, my Shield TV added Atmos already, so it's nice to have devices finally compatible with new audio tech. ... c'mon Sony... you're the last device I have that doesn't support that yet.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

Great for those who use it. People who live in apartments don't benefit from this due to noise complaints

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 daredevils2k

@pdogg93 said:

LOL I love the ms pr shill team.PS4 has supported bitstream audio since day 1. I've been using atmos with my supported blu rays since it came out. None of the games support atmos right now.

Once developers include an atmos track, the PS4 will work, as it supports bitstream audio and has since day 1. What the **** is wrong with leMS?

Exactly @kvally and @thedork_knight what's wrong with you two? Playing the waiting game is something you two must be used too. Which reminds me when is the powah of the cloud going to kick in. I know the current xbox1 could use the powah of 3 xbox1 right about now.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@Kruiz_Bathory said:

Great for those who use it. People who live in apartments don't benefit from this due to noise complaints

Poor cows, most live with their parents, makes sense.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kruiz_Bathory

@FLOPPAGE_50: lol yeah college students and military staff living off base :p fucking poor shitheads am I right? :P

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kvally

@daredevils2k: lol no waiting here. Been using the pass through since my PS3 and with my PS4 as well as my PC. ROFL LMAO

Powa of the cloud? LOL cloud is a joke ROFL

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Great news.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@thedork_knight said:
@daredevils2k said:

No what is cute is you spouting off that Xbox is 30 million behind the PS4 when no one has a clue. So just keep spouting off your bullshit as fact! Damn fanboys!

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xabiss

@Kruiz_Bathory: It improves sound with people who wear headphones also https://www.dolby.com/us/en/categories/games/overwatch.html

But don't let that stop you from slamming a feature you have no damn clue about!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#30  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

For someone who claims about "not being a lem and that doesnt care about MS, the company", you sure kiss so much MSs a**...

just sayin...

your true colours are showing

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 daredevils2k

@Xabiss said:
@daredevils2k said:
@thedork_knight said:
@daredevils2k said:

No what is cute is you spouting off that Xbox is 30 million behind the PS4 when no one has a clue. So just keep spouting off your bullshit as fact! Damn fanboys!

Hey all look at @Xabiss, from the look of his or her comment he or she must be

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#32 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69407 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

That response reads like self ownage.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

No MS can't be stopped, they never started.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Xabiss

@daredevils2k said:
@Xabiss said:
@daredevils2k said:
@thedork_knight said:

Hey everyone look! All daredevils2k can come back with is a dumb ass gif and can't back up his claim with factual evidence. It really is kind of sad.

Which means he was wrong to even post that FALSE information. I think he owes everyone an apology!

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#35 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@kvally: It's not that people are turning it into a negative, it's when you and SecretPolice post something your tone is always one sided. You don't come out and clearly state it, but your tone always favors one console over the other. I understand, it's funny to get people riled up and see their reactions, but don't come in here and play the victim card when you get attacked when you post something in that way. It's really hurting the board more than you think it is.

You wanna post something about a system you like do it. But don't make it a loaded post and then cry when people don't agree with you.

On topic: This is a cool feature and hopefully Sony can add this or something similar to ps4. But I didn't even know what this was until I saw it on here and the front page of Gamespot, so I don't think it's important for my personal enjoyment.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kruiz_Bathory

@Xabiss: I actually was thinking that too. It's pretty cool since PSVR has that feature and helps a lot with the games. But sure I know shit about it if you will.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By daredevils2k

@Xabiss said:
@daredevils2k said:
@Xabiss said:
@daredevils2k said:

Hey everyone look! All daredevils2k can come back with is a dumb ass meme and can't back up his claim with factual evidence. It really is kind of sad.

I'll admit that you're right, I can't post actual numbers by MS, because they are too scared to even post them LOL. Last gen MS was letting the whole world know wha their sales were and now...... Silence. Must be pretty embarrassing for them if they can't even post their numbers lol.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kvally

@Star67 said:

@kvally: It's not that people are turning it into a negative, it's when forum posters in the System Wars section post something their tone is always one sided. They don't come out and clearly state it, but their tone always favors one console over the other. I understand, it's funny to get people riled up and see their reactions, but they shouldn't come in here and play the victim card when they get attacked when they post something in that way. It's really hurting the board more than they think it is.

They wanna post something about a system you like do it. But don't make it a loaded post and then cry when people don't agree with them.

On topic: This is a cool feature and hopefully Sony can add this or something similar to ps4. But I didn't even know what this was until I saw it on here and the front page of Gamespot, so I don't think it's important for my personal enjoyment.

Fixed.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Xabiss

@daredevils2k said:
@Xabiss said:
@daredevils2k said:
@Xabiss said:
@daredevils2k said:

Hey everyone look! All daredevils2k can come back with is a dumb ass meme and can't back up his claim with factual evidence. It really is kind of sad.

I'll admit that you're right, I can't post actual numbers by MS, because they are too scared to even post them LOL. Last gen MS was letting the whole world know wha their sales were and now...... Silence. Must be pretty embarrassing for them if they don't even post their numbers lol.

See I will take your apology, and get this I will also agree with you. I wished Microsoft would also release the numbers. I want ALL consoles to be successful. How I see it if Nintendo (with the Switch), Sony, and Microsoft can combine sell over 100-125 million consoles combine next year that is a HUGE win for the console gamer! I never want it to be a world were only PCs are the only gaming systems. I love PCs but I also love my consoles!

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kvally

@tormentos said:
@kvally said:

30 million do you have a link for that.?

Also is not the first MS wins NPD or a few weeks in UK,in fact MS won November and December 2014 NPD.

I will supply a link from MS showing they sold 30 million consoles as soon as the other posters claiming they have sold 20 million supply a link from MS. Curious as to why you didn't ask them for a link?

Yup, I know they won the NPD before (it's a rare occasion this gen, lol!). But they haven't won them for a long ass time.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Star67

@kvally: If you're going to act like you're above the rest, then be the better person and don't post like the rest. Lead by example. People always wonder why the forum population is so sparse it's because the atmosphere here is toxic and it drives people away.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Bitstream is going to be nice for people who have the proper audio equipment.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kvally

@Star67 said:

@kvally: If you're going to act like you're above the rest, then be the better person and don't post like the rest. Lead by example. People always wonder why the forum population is so sparse it's because the atmosphere here is toxic and it drives people away.

If you are trying to be serious, do me a favor and read my latest Gamespot thread:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/rime-likely-coming-to-xbox-one-switch-and-pc-33373324/#31

And show me how my tone was one-sided. My comment is under the video.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Star67

@kvally: you weren't one sided, and the following thread was really good and respectable. But to quote you from your first response in THIS thread

"MS is just unstoppable! 30 million consoles sold, finally winning NPDs, UK's and Australia's, and killer exclusives, backwards compat, blu-ray UHD player. Good lord, they are in BEAST mode now with this atmos support too."

You can't pick and choose.

Now maybe you were being sarcastic, or trying to be funny.....but like I said be the better person if you don't want all the negativity around you. It's too late anyway, your reputation on the board is pretty much sealed.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 daredevils2k

@Xabiss said:
@daredevils2k said:
@Xabiss said:
@daredevils2k said:
@Xabiss said:

I'll admit that you're right, I can't post actual numbers by MS, because they are too scared to even post them LOL. Last gen MS was letting the whole world know wha their sales were and now...... Silence. Must be pretty embarrassing for them if they don't even post their numbers lol.

See I will take your apology, and get this I will also agree with you. I wished Microsoft would also release the numbers. I want ALL consoles to be successful. How I see it if Nintendo (with the Switch), Sony, and Microsoft can combine sell over 100-125 million consoles combine next year that is a HUGE win for the console gamer! I never want it to be a world were only PCs are the only gaming systems. I love PCs but I also love my consoles!

I also agree with you. I should let @kvally and the others that when I post, its just fun and games and I'm pretty sure both lemmings and cows post for the same reason. Side note, I can't wait to play the Switch.

Avatar image for deactivated-587acdd100f19
deactivated-587acdd100f19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-587acdd100f19
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

More shilling? Damn, what has become of this place?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kvally

@Star67 said:

@kvally: you weren't one sided, and the following thread was really good and respectable. But to quote you from your first response in THIS thread

"MS is just unstoppable! 30 million consoles sold, finally winning NPDs, UK's and Australia's, and killer exclusives, backwards compat, blu-ray UHD player. Good lord, they are in BEAST mode now with this atmos support too."

Now maybe you were being sarcastic, or trying to be funny.....but like I said be the better person if you don't want all the negativity around you. It's too late anyway, your reputation on the board is pretty much sealed.

Yeah it was just a joke. But I do get very passionate about my cars though!

I know, which I am glad to have the good rep. I don't see any need to tarnish it. As you said in the previous post, it's best to be the better man. Now just because I play all game systems doesn't make me a better man, but it does make me quite informed about what is out there. I take pride in that. Since PONG was released that is! Man was I a GOD at pong back in the day.

You ain't so bad yourself btw. You are a shooting star! :)

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kvally

@daredevils2k said:
@Xabiss said:
@daredevils2k said:
@Xabiss said:
@daredevils2k said:

I also agree with you. I should let @kvally and the others that when I post, its just fun and games and I'm pretty sure both lemmings and cows post for the same reason. Side note, I can't wait to play the Switch.

I too wish MS would release numbers. Would it affect my gaming? No, but this IS a hobby of mine and I like to know how successful products are. I enjoy watching the sales numbers of cars to for example. So when I find out Camaro is beating Mustang or vice versa, does it affect me? No, but I am passionate about my hobbies and I like to hear the numbers.

I am not sold on Switch. I primarily want to try Mario and Donkey Kong games on it. I have never played Zelda, but that is a goal of mine one day to play too.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Star67

@kvally said:
@Star67 said:

Yeah it was just a joke. But I do get very passionate about my cars though!

I know, which I am glad to have the good rep. I don't see any need to tarnish it. As you said in the previous post, it's best to be the better man. Now just because I play all game systems doesn't make me a better man, but it does make me quite informed about what is out there. I take pride in that. Since PONG was released that is! Man was I a GOD at pong back in the day.

You ain't so bad yourself btw. You are a shooting star! :)

If I'm a shooting star I burned out a long time ago, but I appreciate it haha. I'm just a former lurker that gets bored at work!

If you're going to joke you gotta put /sarcasm or /joking or something! People on this board, myself included, can take posts on here a little too seriously. Text really isn't the most effective way to joke and kid with people, and I feel like a lot of problems come from that.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#50 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

The MS train can't be stopped, Cows on suicide watch until next console generation, then they try to reclaim the throne