My Non-Bias Comparison

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 metalicelvis
Member since 2008 • 716 Posts

I bought my 60GB PS3 on day one, for something like £400. I've just always preffered Playstation, and Sony. I never had the first xbox, only a PS2 so I waited out for the PS3 - and I love it.

But I've finally caved in to the adverts - got so fed up with having to miss out on certain exclusives because of petty game developers so I've bought myself a 120gb Xbox elite with 2 controllers, Left for Dead 2, Fable 2, Forza and GTAepisodes from LC.

So now although I have only had my xbox for a few days I shall do a comparison based on what I can see and know for anyone stuck between which to get.

I'll explain in the form of cars and I don't mean it in terms of appearance but the car itself. The PS3 is like an Aston Martin DB9, a great console, great exclusives a great sturdy console with hardly any down-sides.

Now the Xbox 360 is an Aston Martin DB9 engine in the shell of a Ford Fiesta. It does all the things the PS3 game does in terms of playing great games but doesn't quite match it.

A few things the ps3 has the xbox hasnt just makes it seem a little less well put together and fragile. Theres no disc tray on a PS3, no blu-ray player, the menus are set out a lot better, free internet, the PSN store is easier to navigate and use, theres a hell of a lot less chance of your ps3 breaking than your xbox, the graphics, I know this is a touchy subject for most owners, but comparing the two i'd say hands down the ps3 is better. I recently found out thatPS3 games are designed for thexbox because it iseasier for developers and then ported over to the PS3, which would have an effect on graphics. Butcompare a PS3 exclusives graphics like, Uncharted 2, the graphics beat anyxbox exclusive.I could go on but you get the point.

In conclusion, if you want to JUST be able play great games and money is tight. Go for the xbox. If you can afford the PS3 - that is definatly the better console.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
Finally, now System Wars is over!
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#3 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49593 Posts
"non-bias comparison" ... ". I've just always preffered Playstation, and Sony." ORLY?
tehHaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 tehHaste
Member since 2009 • 258 Posts
you realize that PS3 and and xbox 360 are the same price right? LOL! How about If youlike exclusives like heavy rain where you can roll lipstick on some chicsk face by all means buy a PS3 if you like Gibbing people and or teabagging a spartans face buy a 360.
tehHaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tehHaste
Member since 2009 • 258 Posts
and seriously how are you able actually make a comparison when you have like 3 games and have only had the console for a few days. All your statements are based on what people have said about the 360 being fragile, have you broken your xbox 360 already? anyway the fact you have to state that your thread isnt biased to reassure other people that its not just makes it biased you should GTFO and buy some icecream its good for you >_O!!!!!!!
wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wayne_kar
Member since 2009 • 2090 Posts

i own both. and the 360 is the best all round imo. put it this way, if i could only own one. it would be the 360.

silverfire675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 silverfire675
Member since 2009 • 74 Posts

I own neither but since I must submit to the logic and mentality of this thread I'd have to say, Wii has the best graphics.

/systemwarforever

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
Nice blog. Now if we only had a place for it. Oh wait... Seriously, you don't invite any form of discussion. This shouldn't be here.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Lol, I love these "non-bias comparisons".

What on Earth makes people believe they are non-bias?

It shows up in one form or another.

metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 metalicelvis

Ah... theres me stupidly thinking I could convey an opinion that favours the PS3 and not have whiney xbox fanboys. My bad. Thread Closed.

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts
I own all platforms including the handhelds. I don't use my PC much because I don't like having to wait around whilst a game installed. Some of my most recent games took hours to install. The wii is ok, but most of the games lack depth The PS3 is a good console, but the updates take faaaar too long to install. The controller isn't as good as the xbox 360 and neither is the online. The xbox 360 is also a good console, but its stupidly noisy. The price of the wireless adapter is offensive. The DS is a great little handheld - some great games and a massive library of rubbish ones. The PSP is a good handheld let down by a rubbish battery. A battery sooo rubbish that the thing is barely portable. UMDs movies didn't really take off...which is a shame cos I liked them
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

But I've finally caved in to the adverts - got so fed up with having to miss out on certain exclusives because of petty game developers so I've bought myself a 120gb Xbox elite with 2 controllers, Left for Dead 2, Fable 2, Forza and GTAepisodes from LC.

metalicelvis

Now this I gotta know, just what do you mean?? :|

metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 metalicelvis
I own all platforms including the handhelds. I don't use my PC much because I don't like having to wait around whilst a game installed. Some of my most recent games took hours to install. The wii is ok, but most of the games lack depth The PS3 is a good console, but the updates take faaaar too long to install. The controller isn't as good as the xbox 360 and neither is the online. The xbox 360 is also a good console, but its stupidly noisy. The price of the wireless adapter is offensive. The DS is a great little handheld - some great games and a massive library of rubbish ones. The PSP is a good handheld let down by a rubbish battery. A battery sooo rubbish that the thing is barely portable. UMDs movies didn't really take off...which is a shame cos I liked themangryfodder
One of the reasons i've always preffered Playstation is the controller, but since buying my xbox I already prefer its controller. Alot more comfortable.
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 angryfodder
Just to conclude - although none of them are perfect - when comparing them, I'd say the Xbox 360 is the overall "best" gaming platform. DS is the slightly better handheld
metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 metalicelvis

Microsoft buying off game developers to make games like GTA Episodes from LC an exclusive to make xbox seem the better of the two.

campbell1874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 campbell1874
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts

I have owned the PS3 and 360 since launch so i have i slightly different view. The start of the 360 it had a good amount of games to play and it was always improving fast with games and online. The PS3 at the start of its life was a joke. Multi-plateform games and some exclusive games quality was just a joke, hardle any games came out and alot of the one that did where broken. Game like motorstor came out and was good but with half the content missing then they tried to sell you the other tracks andthat was just a joke. My 360 broke down and was away for two week for repair and during that time my PS3 sat there and done nothing as it never had any games out worth to play.

I dont care the 360 has a disk tray. I would have preffered the PS3 not to have a blu-ray player asmost games doesn't need that much space and it causes problem by having slower disk speed meaning that game had to install on the PS3 or the information just get repeated on the disk. If it didn't have a blu-ray then it would have kept cost down. I

The internet is handy feature.

The PSN EU store is not easy to use. If i want to see what demo are out i have to look through the whole list of games and pick out the demos. On the 360 i just have to go to demos. MS has a better online service and marketplace. (I live in UK so the PSN EU store is rubbish)

From the start of the consoles life until now i would say the 360 has been the better console. I would say that the PS3 has the edgecurrently.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Seems biased, just saying. I say this because to write that you don't need to have owned a 360.
metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 metalicelvis
[QUOTE="campbell1874"]

I have owned the PS3 and 360 since launch so i have i slightly different view. The start of the 360 it had a good amount of games to play and it was always improving fast with games and online. The PS3 at the start of its life was a joke. Multi-plateform games and some exclusive games quality was just a joke, hardle any games came out and alot of the one that did where broken. Game like motorstor came out and was good but with half the content missing then they tried to sell you the other tracks andthat was just a joke. My 360 broke down and was away for two week for repair and during that time my PS3 sat there and done nothing as it never had any games out worth to play.

I dont care the 360 has a disk tray. I would have preffered the PS3 not to have a blu-ray player asmost games doesn't need that much space and it causes problem by having slower disk speed meaning that game had to install on the PS3 or the information just get repeated on the disk. If it didn't have a blu-ray then it would have kept cost down. I

The internet is handy feature.

The PSN EU store is not easy to use. If i want to see what demo are out i have to look through the whole list of games and pick out the demos. On the 360 i just have to go to demos. MS has a better online service and marketplace. (I live in UK so the PSN EU store is rubbish)

From the start of the consoles life until now i would say the 360 has been the better console. I would say that the PS3 has the edgecurrently.

I agree the PS3 had a slow start but its really improved now and I'd say is a lot better.
metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 metalicelvis
Seems biased, just saying. I say this because to write that you don't need to have owned a 360.SaltyMeatballs
I can see why you might think that but really Im giving reasons for my opinions. I love both I just think the ps3 is better.
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

A few things the ps3 has the xbox hasnt just makes it seem a little less well put together and fragile. Theres no disc tray on a PS3,no blu-ray player, the menus are set out a lot better, free internet, the PSN store is easier to navigate and use, theres a hell of a lot less chance of your ps3 breaking than your xbox, the graphics, I know this is a touchy subject for most owners, but comparing the two i'd say hands down the ps3 is better. I recently found out thatPS3 games are designed for thexbox because it iseasier for developers and then ported over to the PS3, which would have an effect on graphics. Butcompare a PS3 exclusives graphics like, Uncharted 2, the graphics beat anyxbox exclusive.I could go on but you get the point.

metalicelvis

So a non-bias comparison includes opinions? I mean I find the Xbox Marketplace easier to navigate, no need for blu-ray yet, and don't really care how my game gets in my system.

If you are going to make a non bias comparison, you may not want to show personal preferences since that is not what a NON bias comparison is about.

metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 metalicelvis
[QUOTE="silverfire675"]

I own neither but since I must submit to the logic and mentality of this thread I'd have to say, Wii has the best graphics.

/systemwarforever

I tried to stray away from "logic" and focused more on opinion. Although people like you seem to get the two mixed.
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 angryfodder
PS3 has gained alot of ground - it was a joke when it was first released I still think the 360 has the slight edge as a gaming platform, but there isn't alot in it anymore. If you have a PS3, there isn't alot of reason to get and xbox and if you have an xbox, there isn't alot of reason to buy a PS3
metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 metalicelvis
[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

[QUOTE="metalicelvis"]

A few things the ps3 has the xbox hasnt just makes it seem a little less well put together and fragile. Theres no disc tray on a PS3,no blu-ray player, the menus are set out a lot better, free internet, the PSN store is easier to navigate and use, theres a hell of a lot less chance of your ps3 breaking than your xbox, the graphics, I know this is a touchy subject for most owners, but comparing the two i'd say hands down the ps3 is better. I recently found out thatPS3 games are designed for thexbox because it iseasier for developers and then ported over to the PS3, which would have an effect on graphics. Butcompare a PS3 exclusives graphics like, Uncharted 2, the graphics beat anyxbox exclusive.I could go on but you get the point.

So a non-bias comparison includes opinions? I mean I find the Xbox Marketplace easier to navigate, no need for blu-ray yet, and don't really care how my game gets in my system.

If you are going to make a non bias comparison, you may not want to show personal preferences since that is not what a NON bias comparison is about.

What I meant by non-bias, was despite me not having an xbox very long, I gave them both an open-minded anaylsis and came to the conclusion that PS3 is better.
silverfire675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 silverfire675

[QUOTE="silverfire675"]

/systemwarforever

metalicelvis

I tried to stray away from "logic" and focused more on opinion. Although people like you seem to get the two mixed.

I'm sick of the system war by now...seriously no one can decide if the ps3 or xbox360 is better? They each got pros and each got cons. People need to stop making it such a big deal :D

metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 metalicelvis
[QUOTE="silverfire675"]

[QUOTE="metalicelvis"][QUOTE="silverfire675"]

/systemwarforever

I'm sick of the system war by now...seriously no one can decide if the ps3 or xbox360 is better? They each got pros and each got cons. People need to stop making it such a big deal :D

LOL so why are you in the system wars forum? OK, everyone out, close the forum down, this guy's had enough...
metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 metalicelvis
Finally, now System Wars is over!fenwickhotmail
Yet the war on witty useless comments carries on...
metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 metalicelvis
and seriously how are you able actually make a comparison when you have like 3 games and have only had the console for a few days. All your statements are based on what people have said about the 360 being fragile, have you broken your xbox 360 already? anyway the fact you have to state that your thread isnt biased to reassure other people that its not just makes it biased you should GTFO and buy some icecream its good for you >_O!!!!!!!tehHaste
If I could see any glimmer of "I'll listen to your opinion and then respond on that information" I'd write you a proper reply but seeing as I don't, I wont.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Microsoft buying off game developers to make games like GTA Episodes from LC an exclusive to make xbox seem the better of the two.

metalicelvis

I'm assumimg this is in response to my query. And do you equally have a problem with Sony owning controlling interest in developers like Naughty Dog and Guerilla, making their games exclusive?

metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 metalicelvis
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="metalicelvis"]

I'm assumimg this is in response to my query. And do you equally have a problem with Sony owning controlling interest in developers like Naughty Dog and Guerilla, making their games exclusive?

Yeah I don't see why xbox shouldn't have those games too...
metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 metalicelvis
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="metalicelvis"]

But the thing I most have a problem with is, say that Uncharted was multiplatform, but for uncharted 2 they made it a ps3 exclusive. That I think is disgusting, and microsoft with the GTA games have pretty much done just that.
kuvze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#31 kuvze
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts

ur comparison is biased frm the first statement and talkin abt cars i would say the 360 is a mustang boss and the ps3 is a toyota corolla!!!ur statement is after a few days of owning a console and mine is after years of playing every great title on both the consoles..

robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts

[QUOTE="angryfodder"]I own all platforms including the handhelds. I don't use my PC much because I don't like having to wait around whilst a game installed. Some of my most recent games took hours to install. The wii is ok, but most of the games lack depth The PS3 is a good console, but the updates take faaaar too long to install. The controller isn't as good as the xbox 360 and neither is the online. The xbox 360 is also a good console, but its stupidly noisy. The price of the wireless adapter is offensive. The DS is a great little handheld - some great games and a massive library of rubbish ones. The PSP is a good handheld let down by a rubbish battery. A battery sooo rubbish that the thing is barely portable. UMDs movies didn't really take off...which is a shame cos I liked themmetalicelvis
One of the reasons i've always preffered Playstation is the controller, but since buying my xbox I already prefer its controller. Alot more comfortable.

It took me ages to get used to the 360 controller. I still prefer the PS3 controller though

metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 metalicelvis

ur comparison is biased frm the first statement and talkin abt cars i would say the 360 is a mustang boss and the ps3 is a toyota corolla!!!ur statement is after a few days of owning a console and mine is after years of playing every great title on both the consoles..

kuvze
Omg why are you all fixated on that "you've only owned an xbox a few days" Yes, a few days, thats how long it took me to realize that there are so many features on the xbox that are better on the PS3! I don't have to stare at the console for years to suss that out.
Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts
This is bias, everything i bias. You say you had a ps3 from day 1, so you spend $600 on a console, instead of its rival which was cheaper and already had a good library. So by picking between the 2 , the ps3 was your prefrence. so this is biased
metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 metalicelvis
This is bias, everything i bias. You say you had a ps3 from day 1, so you spend $600 on a console, instead of its rival which was cheaper and already had a good library. So by picking between the 2 , the ps3 was your prefrence. so this is biasedscottiescott238
If I hadn't bought an xbox and I made these comparisons, yes it bias. But I have both consoles and gave them both a fair evaluation and came up with my opinion on here. I am not being bias, everything i've pointed out that makes the PS3 better, however little these things are, anyone with an ounce of common sense can appreciate.
metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 metalicelvis
[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

[QUOTE="metalicelvis"]

Well if i came on here and said, This is my comparison, everything here is fact. I'd have been shot down in flames. Comparisons all come down to opinion of the person. No need for blu-ray? What a ridiculous thing to say ofc there is, why do you think some 360 games have two disks? because the first cant hold everything... and I care how my game gets into the system, disk trays can be broken very easily.
kuvze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kuvze

[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

[QUOTE="metalicelvis"]

metalicelvis

Well if i came on here and said, This is my comparison, everything here is fact. I'd have been shot down in flames. Comparisons all come down to opinion of the person. No need for blu-ray? What a ridiculous thing to say ofc there is, why do you think some 360 games have two disks? because the first cant hold everything... and I care how my game gets into the system, disk trays can be broken very easily.

'disk trays can be broken easily'........well,ur whole house could catch fire...earth could end 2012....

metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 metalicelvis
[QUOTE="kuvze"]

[QUOTE="metalicelvis"][QUOTE="spinecaton"]

'disk trays can be broken easily'........well,ur whole house could catch fire...earth could end 2010....

Wtf, how is that even slightly relevant? A broken disk tray is very probable. A lot of PC and laptop disk trays break for no reason...
kuvze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kuvze

[QUOTE="kuvze"]

[QUOTE="metalicelvis"] Well if i came on here and said, This is my comparison, everything here is fact. I'd have been shot down in flames. Comparisons all come down to opinion of the person. No need for blu-ray? What a ridiculous thing to say ofc there is, why do you think some 360 games have two disks? because the first cant hold everything... and I care how my game gets into the system, disk trays can be broken very easily.metalicelvis

'disk trays can be broken easily'........well,ur whole house could catch fire...earth could end 2010....

Wtf, how is that even slightly relevant? A broken disk tray is very probable. A lot of PC and laptop disk trays break for no reason...

hey buddy..what makes you think this thread is relevant??u have an un-biased comparison and u have replied to each and every comment..shows how hard ur dying for ur aston martin..

silverfire675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 silverfire675

[QUOTE="silverfire675"]

[QUOTE="metalicelvis"] I tried to stray away from "logic" and focused more on opinion. Although people like you seem to get the two mixed.metalicelvis

LOL so why are you in the system wars forum? OK, everyone out, close the forum down, this guy's had enough...

I like reading any of the "WII IS ACTUALLY BETTAR GRAPHIKKS THAN PS333!!!" threads.

We should change this to Awesome Exclusives Wars.

:D

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#42 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
You seem biased to me, since you've always preferred playstation.