com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152 com2006
Member since 2006 • 795 Posts

Nice that you have got a computer, but Alienware? not exactly great usage of money, and what mobi does that have? pre-builds usually cheap out there... if it is for gaming then a 5600x would give you pretty much on par performance as the 5800x but costs 150 less. Not only that, 1000w, again waste of money for that build. But it is a sweet machine and if you have the money fair play. I have myself just upgraded, albeit can’t get hold of a 3080 yet and I’m not paying way above price for it

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 14799 Posts

@com2006: The only 2 PSU options for Alienware are 550w and 1000w. It gives me room for future upgrades too.

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By com2006
Member since 2006 • 795 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: it is why I don’t buy pre-built, end up paying more plus you can’t select each individual part, pre-builds skimp on some components especially mobo... I have been building PC’s for years though so for a beginner especially with money, there is no problem with it, your machine will last years. Good stuff hope you enjoy it because it is a beast. Hope Alienware enabled your XMP profile and your RAM is at least 3200MHz, with Ryzen that makes more of a difference. With a PS5 and such a PC you will have pretty much the ultimate gaming experience... just need a switch and sign up to game pass well worth it.

Another thing to look out for is to ensure your 16gb is in dual channel, hopefully Alienware haven’t just given you one module lol

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 NathanDrakeSwag

@com2006: I had to manually OC it to 3200mhz. That was one of the first things I did. And it's dual channel, I've already opened it to make sure. I made sure to pick that when I customized it.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#156 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4111 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag Trolling aside, nice man. I hope you enjoy your machine. There a lot of things you can do with it productivity & gaming-wise. Welcome to the fold!

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 21631 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: Such a salty response, and not once did you explain your hate for PC only to turn around and buy one, but flip flopping is your shtick here.

As for trolling a forum, well you've been trolling hermits for years now, but have decided to join them, looks like you trolled yourself in the end 🤣🤣🤣

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 21631 Posts

@hardwenzen: You need to seek help to get me outta your mind. You're like a broken toy at this point.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#159 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 7102 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@hardwenzen: You need to seek help to get me outta your mind. You're like a broken toy at this point.

I can tell you're triggered. An annoyed Forza fan.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6521 Posts

Most of the good looking games are console ports unfortunately. You're at least a decade too late if you're after PC focused graphical showpieces. Most of the good PC exclusives are made by small developers and could run on a toaster. It's still nice having a high end PC regardless...

x_hedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#161 x_hedon
Member since 2019 • 509 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: so a movie like every PS game 😂

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 15289 Posts

@PernicioEnigma: i mean you say that, but those games are by and large capable of 1) looking a little to a ton better and 2) with only the odd bad port exception pretty much ubiquitously running a ton better on PC.

There are also AAA games like Total War that you need to experience on PC

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 NathanDrakeSwag

@x_hedon said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: so a movie like every PS game 😂

Sounds like you haven't played any Sony games. There's actual combat in them unlike The Medium.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

For people saying prebuilts cheap out on the motherboard, Dell sure didn't. Mine has an X570.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Zaryia  Online
Member since 2016 • 14810 Posts

@PernicioEnigma said:

Most of the good looking games are console ports unfortunately. You're at least a decade too late if you're after PC focused graphical showpieces. Most of the good PC exclusives are made by small developers and could run on a toaster. It's still nice having a high end PC regardless...

Well PC is still the focused graphical showcaser any gfx enthusiast is after. It still has the most best looking games. The games are no longer exclusive due to industry reasons (no reason to keep a big budget game exclusive to PC as it's not in direct competition so why lose profits), but that doesn't mean they stop looking great.

Cyberpunk for example is the current graphics king (Digital Foundry), and it looks/runs substantially better on PC. This is no port, I assure you.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1386 Posts

Nice we joined the race at about the same time

I'm hype with my new 1660 lol. I'll get a 3080 with a higher cpu in December or somin. Unless my 10th gen i5 is enough for now.

60 fps is more than good enough. I can say that with a little more confidence now lol

Yall 120 lovers sounds like spoil brats and yall on the verge of epilepsy lol ( cuddnt think of good jk)

Until I find a playstation 5 I'm strictly pc right now lol

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6521 Posts

@zaryia said:
@PernicioEnigma said:

Well PC is still the focused graphical showcaser any gfx enthusiast is after. It still has the most best looking games. The games are no longer exclusive due to industry reasons (no reason to keep a big budget game exclusive to PC as it's not in direct competition so why lose profits), but that doesn't mean they stop looking great.

Cyberpunk for example is the current graphics king (Digital Foundry), and it looks/runs substantially better on PC. This is no port, I assure you.

If Cyberpunk is graphics king the title has no value. Sure, the game can occasionally look really nice, and it does make good use of ray-tracing, but as nice as it can look it can also look equally hideous. The games industry is lost if they prioritize emulating realistic light behavior whilst settling for awkward and outdated animation and non-existent A.I. For all the visual splendor of Cyberpunk, it only aids in taking nice screenshot - no footage of the game that captures typical gameplay is going to impress anyone.

Also, making visually impressive games is so costly it's only the AAA developers making them (for the most part), and AAA games, as a rule, are pretty terrible. I used to be all about games that push visuals, but now I realize spending a small fortune on high end hardware so I can play a handful of shitty games I don't even like with fancy lighting effects is utterly foolish.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 20509 Posts
@Livecommander said:

60 fps is more than good enough. I can say that with a little more confidence now lol

Yall 120 lovers sounds like spoil brats and yall on the verge of epilepsy lol ( cuddnt think of good jk)

Yeah, visually it won't be immediately noticeable with a lot of game types. The game will feel more responsive, about it.

In stuff like racers and especially shooters, it's very noticeable. The jump from 60 to 120 in something like Doom is like the jump from 30 to 60 in other games.

But yeah, 60 is a good enough baseline for most games.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 675 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

For people saying prebuilts cheap out on the motherboard, Dell sure didn't. Mine has an X570.

Um dude...that's the chipset. What board is it? I was under the impression that the mobo is OEM proprietary (not the best quality) and uses a X570 chipset. Boards can have the same chipset and have a wide range of performance and costs. For example, I have a Z490 chipset (for 10th gen Intel) on an Asus Maximus XII Formula ($500 board) but you can find this same chip on less powerful/less optioned boards for $150.

Edited: Grammar

PS: Found your board...it is a 0NWN7M. It's Dell's own OEM proprietary board like I thought.

x_hedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#171 x_hedon
Member since 2019 • 509 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: but I have and played all the Sony games.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11396 Posts

All I need is a goddamn GPU, I need an RTX 3080 that can work on a 750 W Corsair power supply. I think my case can fit any of the models.

Edit: ... and the prices are way over 1000 euros, ha, I guess I can wait.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1793 Posts

@rzxv04: Yes and thanks.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11209 Posts

@Epak_: I'm tempted to try and get my hands on an RTX 3060 when it launches and just play on that until RTX 3080s become available again.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11396 Posts

@NoodleFighter: I'm just gonna play on my consoles and wait for the prices and availability to settle.