MS's Shannon Loftis says that all Scorpio launch titles will run at native 4K.

• 159 results
nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

In an interview about ReCore the general manager of Microsoft Studios touched on Xbox exclusives and Xbox gaming besides ReCore talk.

Next year will be big for Xbox, as it rolls out its Project Scorpio console to compete with Sony and the rival PlayStation 4. The more powerful PS4 Pro will launch in November.

Loftis says Microsoft is already exploring virtual reality options and games for Xbox, which will support VR with Scorpio, as well as prepping titles for the boost in visual quality. "Any games we're making that we're launching in the Scorpio time frame, we're making sure they can natively render at 4K."

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/09/15/microsofts-loftis-xbox-gaming-and-scorpio/90408722/?siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-5NYtnfHgUKcOfI6IK4xUnA

This is huge in my opinion, Vega has been basically confirmed at this point.

Lock at sub-2160p if old.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Im thinking theyll do it. Go all in on native 4K. Theyll just design the console to do it. This will force Sony to release another one the following year.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

All they're doing is building hype and its not by announcing the fact that all launch titles will be upscaled to 4k that you're building anything to make everyone excited. Scorpio is just like DX12, 300k servers, Kinect 2.0 or Teh Cloud... a bunch of bullshit at this point.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@silversix_: Dude said native 4K, not upscaled. He also stated ANY game released during Scorpio's time frame will be native 4K. Thats a boss move right there. Scorpio aint nothing to fack with. That beach stings.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@silversix_: Salt.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@joebones5000 said:

That's doable for 4k/30fps, if you don't mind playing at pc equivalents of medium settings. Certainly not bad looking.

A factory OC'd 390X, which Scorpio's GPU will be slightly more powerful than and have likely two generation newer architecture, can render games in 4K at Ultra/Very High settings at 30 FPS.

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nygamespotter

@joebones5000 said:

That's doable for 4k/30fps, if you don't mind playing at pc equivalents of medium settings. Certainly not bad looking.

Assuming it's not using Vega, a 390X can easily do 4K 30fps at max settings. At console settings, 60fps is a given, if there are no bottlenecks.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69444 Posts

@joebones5000: Exactly. That is what most 4k games would be aiming for. Most of the times high and medium are marginally different but the performance hit is not worth it. At the end of the day, devs can pick and choose features that can give the best visual quality. The same would apply for the PS4Pro.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 silversix_

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@silversix_: Salt.

With all the lies since 2013, its hard to be salty.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

RIP PS4 Pro

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

According to Sony, they can still say they're 4K even when upscaled. No worries, Microsoft.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#13  Edited By nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

.Scorpio=Waste of money.stick with the original console gamers(my advice not forcing you)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pedro

@nathanbats: It's not a waste to millions of console gamers. You would think with all the "master race" bullshit that such a simple concept of gamers preferring to game on console would not be so difficult to understand.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

So the games won't look graphically any better then Pro then...... sharper but no extra effects.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nathanbats

@Pedro: I said IMO.I understand that a lot of people want the Scorpio and I know why.Also,I'm not a hermit.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pedro

@nathanbats: Why share your opinion on a section of gaming you don't care for? Console gamers buy consoles and don't care for PC gaming. Stating your opinion that it's better to upgrade a PC is a misplaced statement.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nathanbats

@Pedro: This is not only my opinion,but also my advice for people who ask for advice on getting the Scorpio or staying with the original.I like to discuss and state my opinion on everything gaming even if I don't like what's being discussed.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dynamitecop
@nathanbats said:

@Pedro: This is not only my opinion,but also my advice for people who ask for advice on getting the Scorpio or staying with the original.I like to discuss and state my opinion on everything gaming even if I don't like what's being discussed.

Why would your advice for people who want a console be to get a PC? Consumers are not inherently stupid, most anyways, they go into buying what they want and it's not like PC and its benefits are unknown, but some people just want consoles.

Anyways, I'm not having this discussion, there's always one contrarian in a thread and it seems to be you, stick to what you like and don't worry about what everyone else is doing, we don't need or want your advice.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@nathanbats: You make no sense...

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nathanbats

@dynamitecop: you misunderstand,when I meant advice I meant getting the Scorpio is a waste of money(so they stick with the original not that I am forcing them)part not the PC part.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nathanbats

@hrt_rulz01: what I said to dynamite cop

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#23 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@silversix_: Dude said native 4K, not upscaled. He also stated ANY game released during Scorpio's time frame will be native 4K. Thats a boss move right there. Scorpio aint nothing to fack with. That beach stings.

Don't waste your time. He has a hate hard on for MS. Its going to defecate on PS Poo.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dynamitecop

@nathanbats said:

@dynamitecop: you misunderstand,when I meant advice I meant getting the Scorpio is a waste of money(so they stick with the original not that I am forcing them)part not the PC part.

How is it a waste of money if you move to or own a 4K TV?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pedro

@nathanbats: There are only two options for people who prefer to game on console if they want 4, PS4Pro or Scorpio. Stating that they should update their computer instead is conveniently missing the point and adding a useless contribution. It reminds me of people who ask if X game on the PC has controller support and people respond "why would you want to use a controller?". Useless contribution.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Well if it's 6tflops gpu with sufficient memory bandwidth I don't see why it couldn't run games @4k/30fps dont have to be ultra settings, if the mock up images hold any truth Scorpio should be sporting 12gb memory leaving more available vram than the old model/ps4 pro.

This topic was about the possibilities of the Scorpio, not about how pointless it is or not.

That being said I have no intention of getting the Scorpio as I can play em all on my PC and will be getting ps4 pro, so save the lem accusations.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cainetao11

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@nathanbats: You make no sense...

Sure he does. He prefers PS so he will advise others to buy anything but Xbox.

@dynamitecop said:
@nathanbats said:

How is it a waste of money if you move to or own a 4K TV?

Or if its your own money which each of us get to decide what is of value for?

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nathanbats

@hrt_rulz01: @dynamitecop: @Pedro: I made an edit

@cainetao11: the Scorpio only has 4K HDR and 60 fps(probably)but not new exclusives ( which is a good thing the gen hasn't ended yet)and im not interested in these mid gen upgrades anyway.it's ok if you like Xbox more.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dynamitecop

@nathanbats said:

@cainetao11: if they have Xbox one or Xbox one s then don't buy Xbox Scorpio,it's ok if you like Xbox more.

Why would you not buy Scorpio even if you own an Xbox One or Xbox One S and you own a 4K TV?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@nathanbats: If a gamer is looking for a 4k experience, the PS4 Pro and Scorpio are viable options. Sticking with the 1080p versions of the systems under utilizes the 4k display. A 4k display with no 4k content is a greater waste.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#33 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I honestly prefer if the console gives me the chance to choose between resolutions. I'll take a lower res mode that allows me to run games at high frame rates and graphical settings than mediocre 4k.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 silversix_

@cainetao11 said:
@iandizion713 said:

Don't waste your time. He has a hate hard on for MS. Its going to defecate on PS Poo.

Doesn't take much to unleash a load on the Poo. Even the NX may do it.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By nathanbats

@Pedro: again this is my opinion and my advice.get the Scorpio or whatever you want if you don't want it

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By nygamespotter

@joebones5000 said:
@nygamespotter said:
@joebones5000 said:

Assuming it's not using Vega, a 390X can easily do 4K 30fps at max settings. At console settings, 60fps is a given, if there are no bottlenecks.

The 390x is a bit faster than that 390 there, but interesting . I'd say at console settings, the mix of high/medium, we're looking at maybe 45fps with a 390x. I doubt 60, but time will tell.

Couldn't find one with a 390X, point stands though because as you mentioned it's better than the 390.

Now that you mention it, graphics settings don't scale that linearly on higher resolutions, still, I have no doubts that a 6TF GPU can do 4K at max/high settings easily.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@cainetao11 said:
@iandizion713 said:

Doesn't take much to unleash a load on the Poo. Even the NX may do it.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nathanbats

@dynamitecop: @Pedro: I'm tired,going to answer you in the morning.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

Native 4k huh?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Pedro said:

@nathanbats: Why share your opinion on a section of gaming you don't care for? Console gamers buy consoles and don't care for PC gaming. Stating your opinion that it's better to upgrade a PC is a misplaced statement.

I'm a console gamer but I don't see any reason to continue down that path really. Brands are becoming more and more PC like.....yet they won't ever be as good as PC.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@silversix_ said:

All they're doing is building hype and its not by announcing the fact that all launch titles will be upscaled to 4k that you're building anything to make everyone excited. Scorpio is just like DX12, 300k servers, Kinect 2.0 or Teh Cloud... a bunch of bullshit at this point.

You dumb? DX12 exists. And by the way MS has seven or eight data centers worldwide. Halo 5, Gears, Forza, Sunset Overdrive and Titanfall all use dedicated servers maybe you should research before posting? Whats wrong with Kinect, what bullshit are you referring to? Cloud? You missed the crackdown demos?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Scalable graphics? If so, this is cool. Better than the PS-BARELY4K.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 silversix_

@loe12k said:
@silversix_ said:

You dumb? DX12 exists. And by the way MS has seven or eight data centers worldwide. Halo 5, Gears, Forza, Sunset Overdrive and Titanfall all use dedicated servers maybe you should research before posting? Whats wrong with Kinect, what bullshit are you referring to? Cloud? You missed the crackdown demos?

Crackdown? That thing still coming out? lol. MS is all talk and no substance.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 loe12k

@silversix_ said:
@loe12k said:
@silversix_ said:

It was announced 2 years ago. How long do you guys wait for AAA exclusives again? MS will have released 4 AAA exclusives this year, plus one AA title. Sony will have released one title Uncharted 4. MS can afford to hold back games and give them more time to release.

Sony big title for the rest of the year is Last Guardian a game that has taken 10 years lol

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cainetao11

@nathanbats said:

@cainetao11: the Scorpio only has 4K HDR and 60 fps(probably)but not new exclusives ( which is a good thing the gen hasn't ended yet)and im not interested in these mid gen upgrades anyway.it's ok if you like Xbox more.

Oh thank you for your blessing lol

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By silversix_

@loe12k said:
@silversix_ said:
@loe12k said:
@silversix_ said:

It was announced 2 years ago. How long do you guys wait for AAA exclusives again? MS will have released 4 AAA exclusives this year, plus one AA title. Sony will have released one title Uncharted 4. MS can afford to hold back games and give them more time to release.

Sony big title for the rest of the year is Last Guardian a game that has taken 10 years lol

Why are you referring to Sony exclusives when Crackdown is not exclusive?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cainetao11

@silversix_ said:
@loe12k said:
@silversix_ said:

Really? It was announced 2 years ago. When Sony has TLG on an 8 year dev time, there is no mud to sling at Crackdown

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 loe12k

@silversix_ said:
@loe12k said:
@silversix_ said:
@loe12k said:
@silversix_ said:

Why are you referring to Sony exclusives when Crackdown is not exclusive?

Is the game not funded and paid for by Microsoft? Learn what a console exclusive is please!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@nathanbats said:

Oh thank you for your blessing lol

Lol, we can sleep easier now...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 silversix_

@cainetao11 said:
@silversix_ said:
@loe12k said:
@silversix_ said:

Really? It was announced 2 years ago. When Sony has TLG on an 8 year dev time, there is no mud to sling at Crackdown

TLG is made by a quality dev that made quality titles. Crackdown as a series is mediocre at best and the only reason this thing is even talked about is because "it used to be" a Bone exclusive. Now that its not an exclusive anymore, no one ever mentions thing.