I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By I_own_u_4ever
Member since 2020 • 647 Posts

It's looking like this could end up being a likely scenario. MS has piles of cash and their stock is booming as normal.

MS can afford to lose buckets of money because not only do they have a vault full of cash they have the services and subscriptions to offset the losses and position them to knock the snot out of Sony, and take huge chunks of market share next gen. Sony is in a real pickle with this. Sony can't afford to take such losses especially in these current times.

Come on like who's not gonna buy a $400 XSX??? If you say you aren't your full of BS. If you can get an XSX for $400 and have all the best big multi-plat games with the best versions and graphics it's a no brainier especially with Game Pass.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/05/ps5s_price_could_be_undercut_by_xbox_series_x_analysts_suggest

https://www.techradar.com/news/xbox-series-x-could-cost-less-than-ps5-at-launch-according-to-analyst

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Microsoft is revealing more details about the Xbox Series X than ever but one thing it hasn’t confirmed yet is its next-gen console’s price. According to reputed industry analyst, Michael Pachter, it could be surprisingly low.

Well that does it the xbox series X will cost $600 you can start to worry now lemms.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45084 Posts

People care about games.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

I'm gonna press X to doubt

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 I_own_u_4ever

@tormentos said:

Microsoft is revealing more details about the Xbox Series X than ever but one thing it hasn’t confirmed yet is its next-gen console’s price. According to reputed industry analyst, Michael Pachter, it could be surprisingly low.

Well that does it the xbox series X will cost $600 you can start to worry now lemms.

No chance and you know it but we all know how worried and fearful you are of the XSX

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44551 Posts

I have argued before even releasing at a loss won't have any impact on company's profitability and instead just chip away at their tax liability by increasing their expenses. For years MS has used this as means for making pricey acquisitions at no sacrifice. In a sense, it's just using money they'd lose anyways, better to spend it and gain something from it than not.

But, we don't know if they will or to what degree, but it is doable. There is risk though of such a move bringing an antitrust lawsuit. Maybe they're worried the gaming world might be repulsed by such an aggressive strategic use of their wealth. Or, maybe the company would prefer the money be used for more tech and IP acquisitions and less on the gaming. But again, totally a card they can play should they choose to.

People commonly make mistake that because they have money that they'll squander it. That's what Sony did with PS3 and it nearly ruined the company. With MS, they have chance to (again) invest with money they'd lose if they didn't spend it.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Michael Pachter lol. When is the Wii HD coming out?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I think MS will take market shares, but Sony has a 2:1 lead. With backwards compatibility there will be an incentive for people to stay on the brand they currently possess, which benefits Sony. MS also have an uphill battle convincing consumers about their exclusive lineup. They need new exciting IP:s to do that. Halo is not gonna cut it.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

I don't see the point when the Series S is already intended to be the low cost version. A $300 Series S would still very likely outsell a $400 Series X. They'd be better off selling the Series X at cost and eating some cost (if necessary) on the Series S.

And I'm sure PlayStation / Sony would be willing to go to "war" on price to some degree as they too are sitting on a huge war chest from PS4 / PSN and, PlayStation is Sony's golden product.

That being said, I don't think Microsoft will eat any cost. The future of Xbox is Gamepass and Xcloud on other devices. They don't *need* more console market share when they're aiming for market share in a much larger market.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Well the Pachter curse has spoken. The Series X is gonna be expensive af

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

The cheaper the better,us real gamers who buy both consoles don’t mind a cheap console or two,leaves money to buy the ps5 games(if they ever announce any) MS got us covered in that area....glorious gamepass HAH

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever: If MS doesn't care because they have that much money why wouldnt they just release it at say $100? Or $50? Why haven't they been doing this since the OG Xbox, I mean money doesnt matter to them right?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Even at a lower price point, they wont beat playstation in sales. 110+million current playstation owners will want to keep their library so a lot will go with ps5. Even without that though, playstation would still beat xbox like it always has. I'm getting a ps5 first but may get a XSX later if priced right.. like $400.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38793 Posts

There is no way the sexbox is gonna be $400 even if they try to undercut. I expect the ps5 to be $500 and the sexbox $550. What may happen is MS matching Sony's price tag so they'll be losing $50 per console sold, but $400? No way.

But if they do sell em for $400, this system will be more difficult to aquire than the Wii back in the day.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bluestars

@joshrmeyer:

Sales HaH

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JoshRMeyer

@bluestars: This thread was all about sales.

HaH

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By I_own_u_4ever

@Nonstop-Madness said:

I don't see the point when the Series S is already intended to be the low cost version. A $300 Series S would still very likely outsell a $400 Series X. They'd be better off selling the Series X at cost and eating some cost (if necessary) on the Series S.

And I'm sure PlayStation / Sony would be willing to go to "war" on price to some degree as they too are sitting on a huge war chest from PS4 / PSN and, PlayStation is Sony's golden product.

That being said, I don't think Microsoft will eat any cost. The future of Xbox is Gamepass and Xcloud on other devices. They don't *need* more console market share when they're aiming for market share in a much larger market.

If MS prices the Series S at $249 then it's all good.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By I_own_u_4ever
@vfighter said:

@i_own_u_4ever: If MS doesn't care because they have that much money why wouldnt they just release it at say $100? Or $50? Why haven't they been doing this since the OG Xbox, I mean money doesnt matter to them right?

MS makes most of their money in their gaming division from services like Xbox Live at 90 million paid subscribers and now the new juggernaut Game Pass at over 10 million and growing fast. MS can offset cost to basically break even for a while with their services then after about a year they are making gravy on lower cost system parts, and then they are raking in cash from everywhere, and growing and taking market share like hot cakes, and growing the shit out of their services even more.

This is kinda of a no brainier for MS to do this especially since they are already sitting on a mountain of cash. Sony has got to be worried.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JoshRMeyer

@i_own_u_4ever: "90 million paid subscribers" Whattt???

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonsieurX

@joshrmeyer said:

@i_own_u_4ever: "90 million paid subscribers" Whattt???

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-hits-10-million-users-xbox-live-clocks-90-million

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@MonsieurX: That's not 90 million paid subscribers. That's 90 live members, some of which are paying live Gold.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By I_own_u_4ever

@sealionact said:

@MonsieurX: That's not 90 million paid subscribers. That's 90 live members, some of which are paying live Gold.

You have to figure most are paying for gold and at worst most are buying digital games and some services offed on Live regularly. Either way it's an extremely healthy revenue stream for MS and having all these potential customers locked in.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: ‘ People care about games. ‘

Correct - which is why I’m buying an XSX and not a ps5. Movie and anime games aren’t my thing.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#25 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19542 Posts

@tormentos said:

Pachter is "reputed" for what? Being wrong repeatedly?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JoshRMeyer

@i_own_u_4ever: PS Plus has roughly 40 million paid subscribers. Almost a third of total PS4s out there. Some of those may still be PS3 users. Since MS is too chicken to release numbers, let's say a third of 50 million Xbox ones and some 360s. That's nowhere near 90 million. I had to make an xbox account on PC. Doesn't mean I'm spending money(I did spend $1).

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 floppydics
Member since 2014 • 415 Posts

If only MS had a VR solution I would likely jump ship.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bluestars

@joshrmeyer:

It’s about price,I’m mocking you thinking sales numbers win

Sales Are for sad acts HaH

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

Good ol' Pachter. Why do people still quote him?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MonsieurX
@lundy86_4 said:

Good ol' Pachter. Why do people still quote him?

If its their narative

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Yeah... I wouldn't trust Pachter on anything. He's more often wrong than correct.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 I_own_u_4ever

@joshrmeyer said:

@i_own_u_4ever: PS Plus has roughly 40 million paid subscribers. Almost a third of total PS4s out there. Some of those may still be PS3 users. Since MS is too chicken to release numbers, let's say a third of 50 million Xbox ones and some 360s. That's nowhere near 90 million. I had to make an xbox account on PC. Doesn't mean I'm spending money(I did spend $1).

Live was at 60 million paid subscribers a few years ago so it's probably over 70 then hit or miss off and on for the rest. Then of course factor in another 10 million+ Game Pass subscriber base and growing fast.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

Ahhhh, I remember the days when everyone expected the One X to be $400. Boy did THEY get a splash of cold water in the face.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

So you post a thread stating $400 Series X as fact in your own header and expect people to somehow not come to the conclusion that you are an unfeasibly gigantic fanboy moron?

Yeah, good luck with that.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever: Their MAU (currently 90M) was at 65M like 12 months ago and, 48M back in 2016.

The truth is the majority of those active users are absolutely not paid subscribers of any services. For instance, a good chunk are on PC and are definitely not paying for XBL gold (because multiplayer is literally free for them).

I don't doubt the XBL attachment rate is higher than PSN+ but, to say they have 90M paid subscribers is just wrong.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tormentos

@i_own_u_4ever:

I see lemmings arguments are not only based on fantasy when they are using magic api to close a 40% gap,but also for sales this is true a $250 xbox series s you are derange?

The almost 7 year old xbox one S is been sold on amazon for $299 and you think a series S can be $250.

Yeah and I am the fanboy.

By the way no one told you that those 90 million account mostly are o PC where xbox live is free.😂

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tormentos

@Jag85:

When patcher say something yeah there's a 99% chance is wrong is common knowledge here.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tormentos

@bluestars:

Is a sales thread as TC claimed MS would take a huge chunk of Sony's market.

And yes sales is what determine who wins the generation it has always been like that kingtito,dont tell me.you will invent a new metric just to try to defend MS.😂🤣

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:

@bluestars:

Is a sales thread as TC claimed MS would take a huge chunk of Sony's market.

And yes sales is what determine who wins the generation it has always been like that kingtito,dont tell me.you will invent a new metric just to try to defend MS.😂🤣

Unlike XBO era, XSX has higher first-party Xbox game studios.

FS2020's development is done by the second party Asobo Studio.

XSX hardware exceeds Xbox 360's starting hardware position but avoids X1X's 384-bit bus PCB cost factor with a lower cost 320-bit bus PCB.

NVIDIA is also moving it's RTX x080 SKU towards 320 bits bus PCB from 256-bit bus PCB for RTX 3080. https://www.techradar.com/au/news/rtx-3080

Titan RTX's and RTX 2080 TI's PCB has a 384-bit bus design.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17422 Posts

July needs yo hurry up, this is getting ridiculous

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Patcher? $599 confirmed.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bluestars

@tormentos:

It’s about price but Way to own yourself kid

I call anyone a sad act for thinking sales beat power,games and features and you immediately claim sales win HAH

Special

HaH

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@bluestars: HaH Sales do beat power though, we've seen this a lot every since gaming started. Lets put it this way, do you think MS would rather have what they have now, the most powerful console on the market with lackluster sales (both consoles and software) and way less exclusives, or do you think they'd be happier with a slightly less powerful machine domininating every category? HaH

Sales = money which in turn = more exclusives, features, etc etc. Why do you think the ps2 dominated so much even though it was the least powerful machine on the market? HaH

HaH

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44038 Posts

"MS PC/Xbox Dynamic Duo to win Next Gen and take Huge Market Share from Phony"

--

Stopped reading there and.. Agreed. lol :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

Unlike XBO era, XSX has higher first-party Xbox game studios.

FS2020's development is done by the second party Asobo Studio.

XSX hardware exceeds Xbox 360's starting hardware position but avoids X1X's 384-bit bus PCB cost factor with a lower cost 320-bit bus PCB.

NVIDIA is also moving it's RTX x080 SKU towards 320 bits bus PCB from 256-bit bus PCB for RTX 3080. https://www.techradar.com/au/news/rtx-3080

Titan RTX's and RTX 2080 TI's PCB has a 384-bit bus design.

Yes and my1999 Jetta was overheating because of a problems with the muffler ball bearings,so i had to send it to blockbuster in order to get it fix,i had to wait 6 months because Blockbuster was out of popcorn.

Worse day of my life.

@bluestars said:

@tormentos:

It’s about price but Way to own yourself kid

I call anyone a sad act for thinking sales beat power,games and features and you immediately claim sales win HAH

Special

HaH

Anything that TALK about price or taking markets is about SALES kingtito i see you have new alt but same old bullshit arguments.

18% more power mean shit.

Features are on both sides.

MS games Suck ass compare to sony and nintendo this is a fact backed by the place you love the most Metacritic.

So again sales is what determine the winner it always has,didn't hear the xbox won the PS2 generation because it had double the power and more features,no it loss by beating.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7142 Posts

I can careless about power and price. if it doesn't have games i want I don't get it. as of right know i rather have the turbographixs mini than the series x.

but phil is doing great and i sure the will make a game i want this next gen.

fingers cross for a new fable.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever: I'm just not seeing a reason to purchase an XSX yet when none of the games announced will be exclusive to it. If I can get Halo Infinite on my Xbox One S I have no need to upgrade. If all they are showing off is multiplatform next gen games I can get them on PS5. No idea what MS strategy is here.

Greygoose12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Greygoose12
Member since 2020 • 220 Posts

Scorn and the Medium are exlusive to the series x.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

1. Title is misleading.

2. If you think Microsoft will take big losses to get the lowest price, you're ignoring history. Microsoft has always had a ton of money, and yet, never priced their platforms so aggressive they were taking huge losses. Them doing so now would be unlikely. The thing will be at least $500, and that's a maybe.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45084 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

@SolidGame_basic: ‘ People care about games. ‘

Correct - which is why I’m buying an XSX and not a ps5. Movie and anime games aren’t my thing.

That's great and all, but we all know Playstation's diverse library is its strength. Plus, MS is putting all of their games on PC.