MS should forget about the Xbox 360 and just support PC.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PSTriple4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PSTriple4life
Member since 2007 • 508 Posts

Xbox is basically a cheap watered down PC that only offers mediocre online shooters.

Xbox is a TOY compared to a PC.

Xbox 360 is starting to die down in sales and its only a matter of time until it falls to last place where it belongs

MS failed to try to make a CHEAP PC (X360)

PC has the most AAA games, Dedicated servers, FREE online that is much better than the LIVE service.

For the lemmings that don't know this...Halo was orginally supposed to be a PC game but it wouldnt have made it anywhere on PC, since the PC has higher standards than the Xbox 360 and Halo which is the most overrated game of all time......

http://www.411mania.com/games/columns/63843

1-) The Halo Franchise (X-Box/X-Box 360) As is the case with Final Fantasy VII, allow me to denote that I both own Halo 3and like Halo 3. I bought the game since pretty much every 360 owner I know wanted it, and I have to be honest...I like to LAN. So, since everyone is going to be LANing it up anyways, I figured I might as well buy it. It's fun, but man, this is such a run of the mill first person shooter. I honestly think if the games included inside the Orange Box got more publicity, the Orange Box would be just as popular as Halo. At least the games in the Orange Box have some sort of innovation and aren't so freaking generic. Halo is my definition of a casual gamer's game. It's good for the industry in that people are buying videogames, but I think that most competent game developers could probably recreate Halo. Nothing, and I mean nothing, separates it from your run of the mill FPS. The only difference I see is publicity, so Halo gets more credit than it rightfully deserves. Fun game? Sure. If fans of Halo tried other first person shooters though, I'm sure they would see the franchise is lacking in comparison to other shooting franchises. Halo 1's single player was the worst piece of garbage I have ever played in my life. Halo 2's was slightly better, and Halo 3's was competent, so at least the series is evolving. Don't tell me that the multiplayer is fun. No **** it's fun. Try to get a group of people together to play a first person shooter and NOT having fun. It's hard. Here's what Halo is: An average game that's easily accessible to casual gamers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Halo - Yep. I think this covers

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
will not happen..sorry
Avatar image for LinKuei_warrior
LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 LinKuei_warrior
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

....oh what im the only one here?i always pick the crappy topics to enter...my bad..let me find a good one...

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
I don't get where this "360 has died down in sales" stuff comes from.
Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts
You forgot one thing. PC isn't a games machine. They would make no money.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

Sorry but many million love their 360 like me and dont care for PC gaming either even... so nice try.

And and btw ur pic isnt as funny as that bet u made to leave GS if Halo 3 got AAA here but then u refused to confirm ur bet and backed out and gave the silent treatment acting like u never gave the bet so u wouldnt get owned. Now THAT is funny.

I love it how people cant accept a system cause they hate it so much. People like it, get over it or join Jack Thompson and try to get rid of the 360

PSTriple4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PSTriple4life

Sorry but many million love their 360 like me and dont care for PC gaming either even... so nice try.

And and btw ur pic isnt as funny as that bet u made to leave GS if Halo 3 got AAA here but then u refused to confirm ur bet and backed out and gave the silent treatment acting like u never gave the bet so u wouldnt get owned. Now THAT is funny.

I love it how people cant accept a system cause they hate it so much. People like it, get over it or join Jack Thompson and try to get rid of the 360

kcpp2b

Thats because MOST Xbox GAMERS ARE KIDS and Most Xbox owners DONT KNOW ANYTHING WHEN IT COMES TO PC GAMING OR PC's IN GENERAL

Avatar image for LinKuei_warrior
LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 LinKuei_warrior
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

kcpp2b

LMAO ownage to the MAXIMum.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaysAirlines
I wonder what would happen if MS took their advice exclusively from Cows?
RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 RogueGoose
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts

Don't Worry... Microsoft will kill the 360 of in another year... Kind of like what they did with the Original xbox... Unlike Sony Microsoft does not support there systems...

If you don't understand this after seeing what happened with the Original when the 360 came out, there's nothing anyone can do for you... the xbox should have out lived the PS2, seeing as how it was released a year after the PS2 with much better hardware. But, Microsoft Killed it of as year before any of the other next gen systems came out... Odd seeing how the System with the Best hardware was killed First...

At least when I finaly get a PS3 I'll know that it will still have a Life span 2 times longer then the 360... Now who is getting milked (The answer is Lemmings)

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaysAirlines
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

PSTriple4life

Thats because MOST Xbox GAMERS ARE KIDS and Most Xbox owners DONT KNOW ANYTHING WHEN IT COMES TO PC GAMING OR PC's IN GENERAL

That is true, a lot of PS3 owners are men. Big burly men, men you feel safe with when they embrace you with their warmth.
Avatar image for Synthetic_NinJI
Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Synthetic_NinJI
Member since 2006 • 2809 Posts
The PC :lol:
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
i agree with this post
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

PSTriple4life

Nice job ignoring u running away from ur own made bet. And nice job calling me a kid just cause I dont like ur prefered system. I guess hating someone or mocking them for liking something u dont makes u mature then huh? Well the kid that I am lol Loves the 360... nice try

RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RogueGoose

will not happen..sorrylawlessx

What??? Microsoft will not kill there own System like they did with the Original??? Face it the Xbox should have out lived the PS2, but Microsoft wanted to Milk the Lemmings so they Killed it...

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lawlessx
[QUOTE="PSTriple4life"][QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

DaysAirlines

That is true, a lot of PS3 owners are men. Big burly men, men you feel safe with when they embrace you with their warmth.

wth :lol:

PSTriple4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PSTriple4life
[QUOTE="PSTriple4life"][QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

kcpp2b

Nice job ignoring u running away from ur own made bet. And nice job calling me a kid just cause I dont like ur prefered system. I guess hating someone or mocking them for liking something u dont makes u mature then huh? Well the kid that I am lol Loves the 360... nice try

I bet you have never even played a game on PC

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kcpp2b

Don't Worry... Microsoft will kill the 360 of in another year... Kind of like what they did with the Original xbox... Unlike Sony Microsoft does not support there systems...

If you don't understand this after seeing what happened with the Original when the 360 came out, there's nothing anyone can do for you... the xbox should have out lived the PS2, seeing as how it was released a year after the PS2 with much better hardware. But, Microsoft Killed it of as year before any of the other next gen systems came out... Odd seeing how the System with the Best hardware was killed First...

At least when I finaly get a PS3 I'll know that it will still have a Life span 2 times longer then the 360... Now who is getting milked (The answer is Lemmings)

RogueGoose

U wanna bet on it being killed off in a year?

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

You forgot one thing. PC isn't a games machine. They would make no money. Kratos_OMEGA

Erm yes it is , a PC is whatever the User wants it to be, thats what makes it the best option, thats what makes it pricy.

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
This forum is getting ridiculous, its nothing but a bunch of fanboy rants. Does anybody here actually know anything about gaming. The 360 has the lead in US, and is out selling Ps3 3 to 1 here, I don't consider that a failure.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lawlessx

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]will not happen..sorryRogueGoose

What??? Microsoft will not kill there own System like they did with the Original??? Face it the Xbox should have out lived the PS2, but Microsoft wanted to Milk the Lemmings so they Killed it...

just because sony had plans to make the ps2 last longer then 5 years..doesnt mean microsoft had the same plan in mind. the xbox wasnt doing as well as microsoft hoped so they did the SMART thing and discontuine it and focus on their next console. but if you wanna keep thinking the ps3 will last 10+ years.. go ahead

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaysAirlines
This forum is getting ridiculous, its nothing but a bunch of fanboy rants. Does anybody here actually know anything about gaming. The 360 has the lead in US, and is out selling Ps3 3 to 1 here, I don't consider that a failure.Cubs360
ME flopped it's been cow country for the last few days.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"][QUOTE="PSTriple4life"][QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

PSTriple4life

Nice job again igorning ur own ownage.

Anyway I HAVE played PC games. I dont love it. Sorry I dont love PC gaming pal, millions of people dont. Some people love the PS3, some 360 some Wii some DS more than pc GAMING. Its called preference and taste. U need to learn about it and stop insulting people cause they dont live up to a standard u think exists that doesnt.

People like what they like.

bman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 bman000
Member since 2006 • 3592 Posts
I like my Xbox 360...so no.
Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts

PSTriple4Life, why do you have a DOA character in your Xfire avatar, it is Xbox exclusive.

Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Synthetic_NinJI

RogueGoose

Do you even know what you are talking about :|

Xbox sold 20 million+ in a matter of 5 years

It took 360 to sell 13+ million in a matter of 2 years.

That means by sometime next year it should sell 17-18 million, thats alot more successful than the original Xbox.

It has every console beat in hardware and software sales, and 3-1 ratio in hardware sales compared to PS3, and last time I checked a 7:1 ratio in software sales compared to PS3 or Wii.

Get over dude, 360 is here to stay, your favorite console is getting its ARSE handed to them.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Meu2k7

PSTriple4Life, why do you have a DOA character in your Xfire avatar, it is Xbox exclusive.

Udsen

Dead or Alive Online is coming to the PC :P

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts

PSTriple4life

I'll give you 10 minutes to figure out for yourself why what you just said would have to make sense just to be considered stupid.

Starting......now ;)

Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Synthetic_NinJI

[QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"]You forgot one thing. PC isn't a games machine. They would make no money. Meu2k7

Erm yes it is , a PC is whatever the User wants it to be, thats what makes it the best option, thats what makes it pricy.

I rather game on a console, MY PC can not play any type of 64-512mb games.

Im rather it be like that instead :)

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kcpp2b

What were those PC games that you played?

Its obvious your lying, u dumb lemming :)

PSTriple4life

Nice, more insults, ur argument keeps getting stronger huh?

And yes I have played PC games before. I dont lie like some people I wont mention obviously who.

I've played some Counterstrike years ago, Age of Empirers II which I did like a lot. Police Quest IV which was wayyy back. Some flying game I cant recall the name of and some army FPS I also dont recall. Played all that mostly at a friends house except for Age of Empires II which came with the PC a I bought in 2003.

Anymore insults?

BTW: Im no Lemming... I like the 360 but also own a PS2/PS1 and plan on getting a PS3. Im no fanboy but u obviously are the way u bash the 360 to ur hearts content

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

[QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"]You forgot one thing. PC isn't a games machine. They would make no money. Synthetic_NinJI

Well fair enough, but you just need to remember, because yours cannot, it doesnt mean PC's are not designed for gaming.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts
Your username stopped me from taking your post seriously. :|
RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RogueGoose
[QUOTE="RogueGoose"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]will not happen..sorrylawlessx

just because sony had plans to make the ps2 last longer then 5 years..doesnt mean microsoft had the same plan in mind. the xbox wasnt doing as well as microsoft hoped so they did the SMART thing and discontuine it and focus on their next console. but if you wanna keep thinking the ps3 will last 10+ years.. go ahead

Yep your right... they did the smart thing... They Screwed over everyone that was not sure if they wanted to get a 360 right away by no longer Selling headsets or controlers for the Orginal... They sure are smart...

Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Synthetic_NinJI
[QUOTE="Synthetic_NinJI"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

[QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"]You forgot one thing. PC isn't a games machine. They would make no money. Meu2k7

Well fair enough, but you just need to remember, because yours cannot, it doesnt mean PC's are not designed for gaming.

The "average PC" isnt designed for gaming :|

The regular joe who has a desktop or labtop he brought for $800-1300 dollars cant play crysis, thats a fact.

Saying "teh PC" here is a concept designed for people who have a $1300 hundred dollar video cards and can play every game on Ultra High settings.

That couldnt be farther from the truth as most people, such as the topic creator, cant play those games that high.

"The PC" is a bunch of high value parts put together and compared to consoles here, as said, a concept.

RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RogueGoose
[QUOTE="RogueGoose"]

Synthetic_NinJI

That means by sometime next year it should sell 17-18 million, thats alot more successful than the original Xbox.

It has every console beat in hardware and software sales, and 3-1 ratio in hardware sales compared to PS3, and last time I checked a 7:1 ratio in software sales compared to PS3 or Wii.

Get over dude, 360 is here to stay, your favorite console is getting its ARSE handed to them.

Who cares about sales... It came out a year before the PS3 or Wii (And they wii Is killing it in terms of Sales BTW)... oh you forgot to mention its horrible failure rate... The 360 is going to be scraped the second they have to fix to many and start losing money on it... Once again screwing over everyone and anyone that thought it was going to be a good system to buy...

c_smithii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 c_smithii
Member since 2003 • 1505 Posts

a watered down PC??? That may have been true for the first Xbox that used a Pentium III CPU, but the 360 using a custom RISC IBM CPU.

PCs use x86 intel architecture.

Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Synthetic_NinJI
[QUOTE="Synthetic_NinJI"][QUOTE="RogueGoose"]

RogueGoose

Who cares about sales... It came out a year before the PS3 or Wii (And they wii Is killing it in terms of Sales BTW)... oh you forgot to mention its horrible failure rate... The 360 is going to be scraped the second they have to fix to many and start losing money on it... Once again screwing over everyone and anyone that thought it was going to be a good system to buy...

A 23% percent failure rate is not as bad as the failure rate of dreaded DRE of the PS2, I insure you.

It is a problem that is getting fixed if not fixed by now or next year.

MS has gone on record of saying they expect to make profit sometime in 08...with all these problems fixed they are just going to be making money in the Console war now.

Not bad for an American company which was dominated by foreign competitors for decades now dont you agree :wink:

Sdur001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sdur001
Member since 2006 • 96 Posts

PSTriple4life

Ummmm, I have a PC and a 360, Loving the fact that I can enjoy games that are out before the pc 2-12 months later then the PC. Especially Halo games that take what 2-3 years to see a pc port.

But I guess your right though, Even though Microsoft gaming divison is making a profit on the 360 (finally) they should stop and turn there attention to the PC (As to which only "Hardcore" games play) and drop the watered down (x3 3.2Ghz with 2 cores between them 512mb custom ATI card) PC.

I guess you have a better console then the 360 anyway, right?

:|

bwms12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bwms12345
Member since 2004 • 372 Posts
I was big into PC gaming until about a year and a half ago but I didnt have enough money to keep it up. People like consoles more because they are much cheaper than a top of the line PC and you dont have to worry about upgrading every six months to keep up with the games. Sure PC games can give you the top of the line graphics but only if you are willing to shell out 300 every sixth months to pay for it. If the TC can afford that than more power to them but im fine with my 360.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

The regular joe who has a desktop or labtop he brought for $800-1300 dollars cant play crysis, thats a fact.

Saying "teh PC" here is a concept designed for people who have a $1300 hundred dollar video cards and can play every game on Ultra High settings.

That couldnt be farther from the truth as most people, such as the topic creator, cant play those games that high.

"The PC" is a bunch of high value parts put together and compared to consoles here, as said, a concept.

Synthetic_NinJI

$1300 video cards :lol: :lol: . so, why should anyone take you seriously ?

Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Synthetic_NinJI
[QUOTE="Synthetic_NinJI"]

naval

$1300 video cards :lol: :lol: . so, why should anyone take you seriously ?

You cant read sarcasim or "figure of speech" over the internets.

Thats may fault for not adding the the typical "(sarcasim)" at the end of the sentence.