MS planned for Online better than anyone else...

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chulomex3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chulomex3
Member since 2002 • 9691 Posts

Fact.

XBL is even has better features than PC online games.  True PC was out first and has gotten pretty good (no arguing that) but for being out only 2 gens XBL has stuff that I don't have for a lot of my PC games...I won't even compare it with PS3 or *laugh* Nintendo....

The xbox has had a well thought out online system.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
PSN will eventually turn out to be very similar to XBL so I wouldn't bash it just yet.

PC online is still the best, no doubt.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.
BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts

People act like $50 a year is so much....

Most games nowadays cost more than that

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

Does X-Fire have XBL Marketplace or XBL Arcade? Because the strength of XBL is that it's branching out to provide other services, not pigeon-holing itself as ONLY a communications network.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cobrax25
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

Does X-Fire have XBL Marketplace or XBL Arcade? Because the strength of XBL is that it's branching out to provide other services, not pigeon-holing itself as ONLY a communications network.

as in can you download demos and such.... yes...you can through X-fire....though you might not want to since it uses P2P for distrobution, which can be fast, but is slower with older files that arent as popular. as for the arcade....no it doesnt...but that really doesnt matter considering the PCs huge amount of Arcade games.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

as in can you download demos and such.... yes...you can through X-fire....though you might not want to since it uses P2P for distrobution, which can be fast, but is slower with older files that arent as popular. as for the arcade....no it doesnt...but that really doesnt matter considering the PCs huge amount of Arcade games.

I don't mean JUST demos. I mean demos, game trailers, movie trailers, music videos, themes, etc., etc. I'll even throw in XBL Video Marketplace in there, and the new XBL IPTV service due later this year.
klabut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 klabut
Member since 2006 • 3264 Posts
PSN will eventually turn out to be very similar to XBL so I wouldn't bash it just yet.

the-very-best
Ya nearly 6 months after launch they will copy it's exact features.:lol:
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cobrax25
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

I don't mean JUST demos. I mean demos, game trailers, movie trailers, music videos, themes, etc., etc. I'll even throw in XBL Video Marketplace in there, and the new XBL IPTV service due later this year.

yes things like game trailers are there, along with themes and such, but again thats really not very important when on a PC finding a movie trailer is always 2 clicks away. BTW, services like Video Marketplace and IPTV have been around for a long long time now on the PC.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]PSN will eventually turn out to be very similar to XBL so I wouldn't bash it just yet.

klabut

Yeah, probably, and it will be for free.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="klabut"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]PSN will eventually turn out to be very similar to XBL so I wouldn't bash it just yet.

the-very-best

true..microsoft better add something huge to xbox live before sony starts getting their act together, like " be able to download sega dreamcast games right into your XBOX360!!!" :)
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

yes things like game trailers are there, along with themes and such, but again thats really not very important when on a PC finding a movie trailer is always 2 clicks away. BTW, services like Video Marketplace and IPTV have been around for a long long time now on the PC.

Heh, you mean Unbox and iTunes? CinemaNow and Movielink? Please. Does Unbox even have HD available? Or 5.1 Dolby DIgital or DTS? I know iTunes doesn't. Hell, iTunes barely has 240p videos.
johnusabeis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 johnusabeis
Member since 2004 • 2369 Posts

the-very-best
ya...psn will be similar after MS paves the way for them. if it keeps up like that then XBL will always be 1 step ahead.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="klabut"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]PSN will eventually turn out to be very similar to XBL so I wouldn't bash it just yet.

the-very-best

You realize that the only feature of XBL that costs money is online gameplay, and that only about 10% of the market actually plays online, right?
billing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 billing
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts

[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="klabut"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]PSN will eventually turn out to be very similar to XBL so I wouldn't bash it just yet.

mjarantilla

You realize that the only feature of XBL that costs money is online gameplay, and that only about 10% of the market actually plays online, right?

I heard Konami cut support for MGS3 online.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cobrax25
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

Heh, you mean Unbox and iTunes? CinemaNow and Movielink? Please. Does Unbox even have HD available? Or 5.1 Dolby DIgital or DTS? I know iTunes doesn't. Hell, iTunes barely has 240p videos.

No, remember XP Media Center....and thats not the only TV service out there. +online movie downloads have been around for a while, I believe Netflix just opened up their own service.
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#18 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts

the-very-best

PSN will always be "free" and will therefore always be vastly inferior to Xbox Live.  It will cost Sony even more of a fortune than the PS3 is already costing them (They TOOK OUT the emotion engine for the PAL release just to help finances!) to be able to compete with Xbox Live's features.

BK-Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19 BK-Sleeper
Member since 2006 • 2686 Posts

BigDizz

WoW for example, and even that is still fun.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64. cobrax25

Dude don't try and argue about this. XBL is the best gaming, multimedia service out now. PC online can not match it and that's a fact.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

No, remember XP Media Center....and thats not the only TV service out there. +online movie downloads have been around for a while, I believe Netflix just opened up their own service.

Media Center is different from a video download store. Media Center is a DVR replacement, and even then Media Center isn't an "online feature" of PCs since it's not Internet-based. Video download stores are more convenient than DVRs.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cobrax25
[QUOTE="BigDizz"]

BK-Sleeper

WoW for example, and even that is still fun.

WOW is an MMO, believe me, Console MMOs will cost extra.
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#23 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts

[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64. mjarantilla

Media Center is different from a video download store. Media Center is a DVR replacement, and even then Media Center isn't an "online feature" of PCs since it's not Internet-based. Video download stores are more convenient than DVRs.

What PC service are you guys talking about?  "PC Live"?  :?

PC doesn't have an online "service" it just has online "games" and online websites and separate services that offer a vast variety of different things, just not in one place like Xbox Live.  PC has more features, but they aren't quite as unified as Xbox Live.

StephenHu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 StephenHu
Member since 2003 • 2852 Posts
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

Steam is the next best thing for online purchases of many games + direct2drive or EA Link. Many freeware games by indie game designers are very common, or Gametap for retro games
PapaJohn24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 PapaJohn24
Member since 2005 • 871 Posts
It's too bad many PC games have terrible matchmaking, if any systems. And a true lack of dedicated servers.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cobrax25
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

Media Center is different from a video download store. Media Center is a DVR replacement, and even then Media Center isn't an "online feature" of PCs.

So you mean, Media on Demand? cause that exists too, like you said CinemaNow and Movielink are both their, IGN also has their own movie service.... plus, your forgetting the fact that you can watch TV on a PC....and TV services have had media on demand for years...
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cobrax25
It's too bad many PC games have terrible matchmaking, if any systems. And a true lack of dedicated servers. PapaJohn24
are you joking? Consoles dont even use dedicaded servers.. Dedicaded servers are the reason COD2 for PC has 64 player online..... and Mods....
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

Media Center is different from a video download store. Media Center is a DVR replacement, and even then Media Center isn't an "online feature" of PCs.

So you mean, Media on Demand? cause that exists too, like you said CinemaNow and Movielink are both their, IGN also has their own movie service....

And none of them are HD.

plus, your forgetting the fact that you can watch TV on a PC....and TV services have had media on demand for years...

I'm not forgetting that, but TV services don't allow you to redownload stuff you want on-demand, especially if they take it off the service. Hell, they don't even allow you to download it in the first place; it's all streamed. And you don't get the television back-catalog that XBL Video Marketplace has, either. I doubt you'll ever find Babylon 5 offered on-demand.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cobrax25
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

So you mean, Media on Demand? cause that exists too, like you said CinemaNow and Movielink are both their, IGN also has their own movie service....

And none of them are HD.

plus, your forgetting the fact that you can watch TV on a PC....and TV services have had media on demand for years...

I'm not forgetting that, but TV services don't allow you to redownload stuff you want on-demand, especially if they take it off the service. Hell, they don't even allow you to download it in the first place; it's all streamed.

what do you mean they down allow to you download stuff? have you ever used Tivo? you may not be downloading it, but recoding it, but what difference does that make to you....
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
Like if unified services were inherently better--- I prefer choice myself.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

And none of them are HD.

I'm not forgetting that, but TV services don't allow you to redownload stuff you want on-demand, especially if they take it off the service. Hell, they don't even allow you to download it in the first place; it's all streamed.

what do you mean they down allow to you download stuff? have you ever used Tivo? you may not be downloading it, but recoding it, but what difference does that make to you....

I don't have TiVo, I have a Motorola DVR, and Time Warner doesn't allow me to record on-demand. They allow me to record normal broadcasts, but on-demand is always one-time. I mean, I can always pause, resume a day later, etc. like a normal download, but it's much less responsive than a true download.
terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts

BigDizz

$50 Isnt alot.Its just the fanboys horribly trying to bash xbox.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cobrax25
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

And none of them are HD.

I don't have TiVo, I have a Motorola DVR, and Time Warner doesn't allow me to record on-demand. They allow me to record normal broadcasts, but on-demand is always one-time. I mean, I can always pause, resume a day later, etc. like a normal download, but it's much less responsive than a true download.

But how is that any different to buying a Program using anything from On-Demand? or something like direct2drive, which allows downloads of Games, TV shows, Movies, and Guides?
chulomex3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chulomex3

It's too bad many PC games have terrible matchmaking, if any systems. And a true lack of dedicated servers. PapaJohn24

That's what I was getting at.  EA is pretty good but a lot of others are downright painful.

apolloluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 apolloluke
Member since 2006 • 1273 Posts
MICROSOFT IS A SOFTWARE COMPANY. Of course its software is going to be 10 times better.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
of course MS did. they're a software company that works on building a better and better user experience DAILY. if it wasn't better, there'd be something terribly wrong in Redmond.
chulomex3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 chulomex3

MICROSOFT IS A SOFTWARE COMPANY. Of course its software is going to be 10 times better.apolloluke

By your logic, Nintendo is a game company so of course it's games are 10X better.

vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 vistamanV5
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts
I'm sorry I love my x360 and I gladly pay $50 for XBL which I use everyday and enjoy. But the PC can do anything XBL free, only thing is its not quite is unfied. Not everyone uses xfire, but if you have XBL your connected to any other XBL user...
chulomex3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 chulomex3
[QUOTE="chulomex3"]

Fact.

XBL is even has better features than PC online games.  True PC was out first and has gotten pretty good (no arguing that) but for being out only 2 gens XBL has stuff that I don't have for a lot of my PC games...I won't even compare it with PS3 or *laugh* Nintendo....

roulettethedog

:lol: :lol: Have fun playing Halo one on Xbox live. Oh wait you can't. Is this a joke? Do you have such a crappy PC that you can't play games online.:roll:? With a million more mods, PC on-line blows AOL I mean Xbox live away.

LOL!  Who ever said my pc can't get online?  That's the point.  I have been playing online since Heat.net (it's ok I forgive you for not knowing) and I still play online with my pc.  Yet, even after all that I would still say that XBL has some features that I find more appealing then on the PC.

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

BigDizz

People act PS3 costs much when with like a 6+  year Life span

Thats like $100 a year. Lemmings pay half that on Live

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

Fact.

XBL is even has better features than PC online games. True PC was out first and has gotten pretty good (no arguing that) but for being out only 2 gens XBL has stuff that I don't have for a lot of my PC games...I won't even compare it with PS3 or *laugh* Nintendo....

chulomex3
This topic is a joke. You've a leg to stand on with other consoles, but PC online does everything XBL does (whether it be through services like Xfire, or just the plain old world wide web), has about a million more games online enabled and allows you access to modding communities and user created content in a way XBL does not . And, it's free.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts

[QUOTE="the-very-best"]PSN will eventually turn out to be very similar to XBL so I wouldn't bash it just yet.

cheezisgoooood

PSN will always be "free" and will therefore always be vastly inferior to Xbox Live. It will cost Sony even more of a fortune than the PS3 is already costing them (They TOOK OUT the emotion engine for the PAL release just to help finances!) to be able to compete with Xbox Live's features.

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

yeah & guess what COD2 on Xbox 360 is miles better than on PC. More Players doesnt automatically mean Better. COD2 on the X360 was a game of skill, cunning, stealth & tactics- on the PC with piles of players it descends into a frag fest & almost a continuous firefight. not to mention the poor framerate.
GeneralZ0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GeneralZ0d
Member since 2006 • 671 Posts
[QUOTE="CwlHeddwyn"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

yeah & guess what COD2 on Xbox 360 is miles better than on PC. More Players doesnt automatically mean Better. COD2 on the X360 was a game of skill, cunning, stealth & tactics- on the PC with piles of players it descends into a frag fest & almost a continuous firefight. not to mention the poor framerate.

I have played both and I am afraid CoD2 is better on the PC. When I want to play smaller games I play on smaller servers if I want to play larger games I play on big servers. Choice is better than no choice. Oh and the poor framerate is down to your turd PC cant really blame a game for that.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
[QUOTE="CwlHeddwyn"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

Are you kidding? (I'm assuming your talking about multiplayer here, since it's the same single player game). Yes. More players doesn't automatically mean better, but more variety and choice does. On PC, you can play that super tactical 8 man game, or you can play that 64 man frag fest. You can do either on PC, you can't on XBL. You can't spin that to an advantage, it's a massive disadvantage. And the history of COD2 on XBL has been one of glitches and misery, with host errors. The 360 version is also notorious for really bag lag, not the PC version. If your having poor framerates with the PC version, it means your computer sucks.
chulomex3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 chulomex3
I think where XBL has pc onlline beat is a unified system across all your games...pretty slick actually.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mjarantilla

[QUOTE="apolloluke"]MICROSOFT IS A SOFTWARE COMPANY. Of course its software is going to be 10 times better.chulomex3

By your logic, Nintendo is a game company so of course it's games are 10X better.

Its games ARE generally better than anyone else's.
Innocentguy757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Innocentguy757
Member since 2004 • 5410 Posts
for $50 a year i would hope sohummer700
What's 50 dollars a year for the best online gaming period? Nothing.
Innocentguy757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Innocentguy757
Member since 2004 • 5410 Posts
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="CwlHeddwyn"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]considering the small online games, calling it better then PC gaming (especially when X-fire does largely the same things for free) is a little too much. COD2 had like 8 players on the 360, on the PC it had 64.

Are you kidding? (I'm assuming your talking about multiplayer here, since it's the same single player game). Yes. More players doesn't automatically mean better, but more variety and choice does. On PC, you can play that super tactical 8 man game, or you can play that 64 man frag fest. You can do either on PC, you can't on XBL. You can't spin that to an advantage, it's a massive disadvantage. And the history of COD2 on XBL has been one of glitches and misery, with host errors. The 360 version is also notorious for really bag lag, not the PC version. If your having poor framerates with the PC version, it means your computer sucks.

But CoD3 is 24 players, so you lose.